Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Prisoner of War ❯ Interrogation ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: Hey it's moi again! Chapters are short right now, but they do have a tendency to get longer as I move along. Wow, people actually read this thing? Well I guess there is a difference between visiting the page and reading what's on the site. Oh well! I know some people on ffn that like it, so that's good enough I suppose! ^_^ 1+2+1 and I don't own Gundam Wing.

Chapter Two

"I'm - a prisoner," the boy had finally admitted.

Internally, Heero frowned at the boy with a thick braid and large blue violet eyes and the obviousness of his statement. "Your name?"

"Yeah, I have a name," Duo grinned at the soldier, both surprised and amused at the lack of reaction he received. `Normally a guard would have yelled at me at least by now…'

`Who exactly was the smart mouthed baka?' Heero's internal frown deepened if possible. "What is your name?" he specified this time.

Once again, Duo avoided the question. "I'm just another soldier," he replied. "What's so important in a name?"

"Information," Heero stated vaguely.

"Tell ya what," Duo leaned closer to the Prussian eyed pilot. "If you give me your name or at least something to call you by," he made a gesturing movement with slender hands, "I'll give you the same in return."

This was a trick and Heero knew it well. If he granted this teenager his full name and identification, he would then have to give him his. If he gave a false allegation, then the same would be returned to him. `I can't risk him knowing anything. But of course I could kill him.' Reviewing his options, he agreed to the proposition. "One," he pronounced the syllable, the word rolling off his tongue.

"Alright-One," Duo grinned slightly at the number. `I can play this game, too.' "Then you may call me…" he over dramatized his thought process, "mm . . . Two."

A small smirk twitched at the corner of Heero's mouth. `He has wit and guts.' Two had actually caught the dark haired boy off guard for a moment with his clever responses; such a reaction had not happened in numerous years. `This is not to be allowed. I won't underestimate this boy again. He's an enemy.' Heero reminded himself of years of training. There was a myriad of questions, and Heero needed to quench his thirst of curiosity with the answers, the real ones.

"Who are you?" he repeated his earlier inquisition, continuing his thorough examination and interrogation of this new enemy.

"Two," Duo simulated a fictitious cloud of confusion.

"More information," Heero pressed him firmly.

"`Bout what?" Duo blinked his large amethyst eyes innocently though he knew full well what One was asking for. Perhaps that was a bad idea, but nevertheless he would not abandon his duty of secrecy. He would not reveal information to the mysterious, rebel pilot before he must.

"You," Heero scrutinized Two, searching him with dark blue eyes, making note of his physical condition. Heero's acute scan had not missed a wince of pain. `Fractures on the left side, third rib from the top, bruises on the upper forearm." Mentally, he made a list of the pilot's physical injuries. A wisp of emotion rose in him, one of which he could not identify, a mere twinge.

"I can't tell ya," Duo shook his head as locks of hair unraveled from his long, chestnut braid.

"Why?" Heero inquired with patience.

"Cuz," Duo smirked, "Then I'd have to kill ya!" He winked at One, only half joking.

Heero cocked an eyebrow at the daring pilot dubbed Two that sat before him. He was unafraid of the glowering pilot; he had ignored the death glare he had first received, and even ventured so far as to give those insufficient responses to him. He was firmly resolute to protect his mission and purpose. Two was similar to Heero in more ways than one. Heero almost smiled in admiration.

"I don't think you will be able to," Heero spoke lowly.

"Well you never know," Duo gave another shrug, staring not fearfully into the Prussian blue orbs.

"Uncertainty such as that are weaknesses," Heero blatantly pointed out.

"Sometimes it's an asset," retorted Duo, almost challenging the stoic Japanese youth before him.

The corner of Heero's lips curved, slowly surfacing a tiny smirk upon the rose colored flesh. He nodded in agreement, "True," he admitted. "Sometimes."

"You are the rebel pilot that attacked aren't you?" the revelation was conceive by Duo. "Another one of the gundam pilots. There was no other way you could have survived."

"You did," Heero softly reminded Duo.

"Answer me," immense purple eyes gazed into One's own pair in the whisper.

Delicate eyebrows arced perfectly over shimmering blue violet pools. Milk chocolate dripped over pale ivory skin atop his forehead in spiky bangs. A thick rope-like braid hung over one shoulder; honey gold highlights glimmered in the light. Heero drank in Two completely, memorizing every line and contour of the animated face, long thick lashes, and those unforgettable eyes. Unfamiliar feelings coursed through Heero's body as he fought to keep them down imprison them. `There's something about him . . . ' After a long breath of hesitation, Heero coolly replied, "Aa."

It was almost as if an enchantment was broken with the silence. Duo blinked and sat back, resting on the white walls. "You know," he grinned, snapping out of a trance. "You hit me pretty hard back there." He returned to the earlier subject One had brought up. "Man, I was surprised that I didn't blow up right then and there."

"You were suppose to," Heero noted. "However, it was the wrong place at the wrong angle," he explained.

"Then I guess I got off lucky," chuckled Duo.

"Maybe," Heero said darkly. "You should have died, Two." His mind reached a conclusion after he had analyzed Two. "And believe that omae o korosu before you will be freed."

Duo gulped softly. "Maybe," he echoed One's earlier spoken words with a stronger voice than he felt. "We'll just have to see."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

There goes Chapter Two; hope you guys like it! I have no idea what else to say, so I guess I'll leave it at that. It's still boring - and short, but it'll get better at least in my opinion it does. ^^;; Ciao!