Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Prisoner of War ❯ Cookies ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: Hey people it's me again. New chapter in this thing as you can so obviously see. Anyway the usual I don't own Gundam Wing blah, blah, blah, 1+2+1 as always! I'm so happy with Saturday! We scored a 73! ^_^ Regionals, here we come! I hope you enjoy this newest addition.

Chapter Four

"I will ask more questions later," Heero's voice suddenly turned into ice as he arose curtly.

Duo could only nod dumbly after the intense confrontation as blue violet eyes gazed at the young soldier's retreating form. "Heero," he murmured to himself. A soft smile curved upon his reddish lips. "I like it." He drew his black clad knees closer, hugging them against his toned torso. `He's so mysterious. He affects me somehow, makes me want to get closer to him, and I'm not exactly sure if that's a good or bad thing. But after all, I have never backed away or lost a challenge, and I ain't starting now!' He smirked as if to ensure his decision and accept the challenge the stoic rebel pilot presented to him. `And I will win.'

`Damn it! What made me tell him my code name? I highly doubt he would ever be able to find a trace of me in his resources or anyone else's for that matter, but still, it isn't like me to take such risks. He can affect me in ways I never thought existed, make me feel these foreign emotions just by communication. How can this be possible? How could a mere boy like him change me so easily?' Heero silently fumed over the previous encounter with a certain Duo, angry at the braided baka just beyond the doorway, angry at his lapse of control, angry with himself. It was risky to leave the soldier alone, Heero knew, but he had to remove himself from the boy and analyze what had just happened. `Why did I spare his life? I still do not have any of his information I had expected to receive, yet I again hesitate to explore other means. I will have to if he does not confess. I may not have killed him yet, but that can change instantly.'

"Hey Heero?" a loud voice called out blatantly to the Japanese pilot, shattering his reverie of thoughts.

Heero immediately strode back to where the violet eyed American stood, already surveying the barren surroundings of the simple home. Somehow, Duo managed to create more color in the drab shades of gray surrounding the pair. "Hn," Heero grunted a response to the hyperactive pilot before him.

"There you are," he bounded to the Japanese youth's side in a manner only he could pull. Cobalt eyes glimmered with mischief.

`This can't be good.' Heero though wryly, surprised by the statement as soon as his mind crossed its existence. `Where did that come from?' "Hai."

"I'm starving," a rose colored tongue darted out to wet his lips. "Have anything that you'll let me eat?" he asked hopefully.

"Aa, help yourself," Prussian eyes maneuvered themselves to gaze upon the kitchen in a wordless gesture.

"And don't worry!" he grinned widely. "I'm not going to try to escape… this time anyway," he winked one amethyst eye at the emotionless pilot.

"Hn."

"Or you know start any fires," Duo babbled on. "You know, that did happen to me this one time," he tapped a slender finger in deep thought. "It was really an accident. I mean how was I suppose to know not to microwave an egg wrapped foil? I did that all the time with a standard oven and stuff. Well while I was blissfully unaware of what I had gotten myself into, I heard this huge boom!" Duo bubbled with laughter at the memory he recalled. "Apparently, eggs explode in the microwave and aluminum foil catches on fire in there, too. Did you happen to know that? " not waiting for a reply from the other boy Duo went on. "Well now you do! Anyway so the microwave was basically on fire-"

"Duo?" Heero interrupted the joker's mindless rambling.

"Yeah?" Duo stopped momentarily as his cobalt eyes fell upon the dark-haired soldier again, a grin still plastered on his heart-shaped face.

"Shut up," Heero turned with no hurry around and walked back to his bedroom at a steady pace, a smile nearly tugging at the corners of his mouth when he was out of sight.

Duo stood blinking after him, "Huh?" he stuttered in a tentative voice.

Shaking his thick, chestnut braid, Duo removed his figure from what seemed to be a living room into the kitchen cabinets, scrounging for oddments of comestibles. Remarkably, the stock in the safehouse was abundant, and Duo quickly discovered an array of edibles. `Hmm… I feel like something deliciously chocolate and sweet. Ooh! I know! Chocolate chip cookies!' Amethyst eyes shined radiantly while their owner was nearly cackling with glee. "Yummy."

In his cramped bedroom, Heero attempted with desperation to focus on the mission report. However the normally simple task seemed with require a tremendous amount of effort; even just to think about the work was difficult. His perfidious mind appeared to stray to his happy captive and the misadventures in the kitchen more so than the report.

The clacking of nimble fingers pressing against the keys of his laptop rapidly slowly laggard to scattered sounds, intruding the silence. The deafening silence seemed to echo in his ears, ringing with incredible pungency. This was the first time in his entire lifetime that Heero could remember it bothering him. `The story about starting a fire just worried me about our safety.' The soldier's intellect rationalized. Prussian eyes appeared to sigh in defeat; several minutes strenuously ticked by. Heero pushed his stiff chair aside and elevated his body as quiet treads trailed out to where Duo was. Impassive, dark blue orbs observed the comical scene acutely.

Some kind of cream colored, sticky substance laid in a large mass, resting in a huge mixing bowl, dotted with chocolate chips. Coughing softly, he brought his presence to the attention of the braided youth.

"Oi Heero!" Duo waved a rubber spatula in greeting, splattering the same sticky mixture everywhere. Sporting an overly large chef hat with spots of dough dabbing his black priest clothing, even the clean, white apron he donned could not shield his clothing from the bombardments of stains or fine flour that powered his entire body. `He seems so innocent, like a teenager, someone his age, someone normal.' He continued smiling brightly at the stoic, Japanese boy. "Come here!" Impatiently, he beckoned his captor closer. "Have some cookie dough," he thrust the bowl in front of Heero's face, for a lack of a better phrase. "It's really good!"

"Arigato demo iie," Heero declined the offer politely, pushing the metal container away gently.

"Oh come on!" exasperated Duo. "I know you'll like it. Everyone does! Just try it. Come on," he whined. "I won't shut up until you do." He challenged the Prussian eyed pilot. "And I can talk for days and days . . . "

Almost smiling, a wicked plan formulated in the normally rational mind of Heero Yuy. Instead, the soldier settled for a solemn air as a callused hand ventured forth slowly. Duo watched the limb stretch forth with confusion clouding amethyst orbs, fusing with an almost breathless anticipation. A forefinger reached out and swiped a morsel delicately from the very tip of the braided one's pert nose. Gingerly, a red tip of a tongue slipped out to lave the tidbit off. Duo, stunned, could barely follow the unexpected actions taken by the indifferent boy.

"Yum." He smirked at the silence in the normally obnoxious pilot and walked away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

Another chapter has come to pass, and I'm so shamed! Lol, okay, it's not that serious, but the more I read over these things, the worse they become. And once I get to that perfectionist thing, I'll be off there for a while. I hope you liked this, and I promise my writing skills do improve during the fic. I don't know if you'll notice or anything, but I kind of do. The last scene was a weird fantasy/daydream I had once when I was working on SotM (dropped and kicked that one) on the side. Sorry for the wait, but I had to do chapter three of TLM on ffn (still in process of answer reviews and I only have 13 this time). That story cracks me up because of the memories it brings back. Maybe I'll post it on here, too!

Dewshine- Hi! How are you? Good I hope. I'm kind of sleepy right now. Homework can wait until tomorrow because I don't really care! Anyway no problem about the rambling at all! I like to read rambles, and I do a lot of that myself. So talk to your hearts content. And I'm really happy that you appreciate a reply. It's the least I can do, right? I hope you like where this is going because, well, quite frankly it's too late to change anything. ^_^; Thanks so much for the review, and I definitely want to hear from you again!