Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Probably Wouldn't Be This Way ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing…. Okay? I would not have written the series the way it was written. I would have put in much more yaoi… it turns out that Sunsotsu has unofficially reported at one of the last conventions that Trowa and Quatre were a couple. In honor of that, I wrote this sad fic.. Strange huh? I’m only borrowing the boys for some good old fashioned angst smut… they will be returned pretty much the way I got them… and relatively unharmed (bondage hurts, neh?)


Warning: No Bondage… I was joking in the disclaimer… Yaoi is rampant… be advised

Pairings: 3x4 (pre-existing), 3x? (eventual)

Summary: Written to the song “Probably Wouldn’t be this Way” by leeAnn Rimes… Just read… it’ll sound better in the story…

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ ^~^~^~^~^~^~^


Trowa sat down, and looked the ground between his feet. A sudden wet spot marred the sand, quickly sucked into the thirsty ground.
“I don’t know how to say this…” he hedged, not wanting to actually say what he needed to get out. “I want to tell you… I found someone… he seems really nice… I have a date with him on Friday.”
The wind blew, lifting his bang away from his face as more tears fell.
“I’m moving… I’m going back to Paris… That’s where Catherine is. She doesn’t like me talking to you. And Sally isn’t any better. Wufei understands, but it’s hard to talk to any of them. I know, I’m rambling… I never used to do that, neh?” He laughed, a jagged sound in the silent desert air.
“I never thought that you would be gone, you know? It hurts, not seeing you every day. It was like a shock to the system. I mean, who knew you could catch pneumonia in the heart of Saudi Arabia? You know, I thought you were standing behind me yesterday? Then I turned around and it was Sandrock. She really does remind me of you.” As if on cue, a desert fox curled around his feet, yipping.
“It makes me feel grateful, when I see everything I am because of you, it makes me think of how much you changed me. Actually, love helped me… I can’t believe it. If I’d never seen you in that museum, I wouldn’t be here now… and you might be alive. It makes me a little guilty, but then again, Allah works in mysterious ways.” The wind blew again, carrying a scent on it that started a fresh line of tear tracks down his face.
“Heero called me insane for flying all the way out here just to talk to a stone. But I know you’re here, and that makes all the difference. I’m living day to day, you know?
“By the way, Duo is a preacher’s son. I guess God will take Allah’s place, yeah? I mean, they are almost the same. He knows I’m Muslim, though… So it’ll be okay. Quatre, I promise you. I’ll never forget you. I love you… but Duo is going to be here, too. I hope you understand. Goodbye, love.”

He stood and scooped the little fox into his arms. As if Quatre were watching, a cool breeze blew in, turning into a warm carress as it reached him. He smiled, and went back to where the jeep waited with Rasid.


^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ ^~^~^~^~^~^~^

A/N: I never said it had the lyrics in it, but it did get the based on thing down pat… So Review… I wasn’t quite sure what I was writing until I actually wrote it, neh? So some of it is as surprising to me as to you… enjoy!