Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Raptures of Paradise ❯ The Test ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Well, hope you like this, and this wets your appetite for the WHOLE story. Note that I'm obviously a Non-Yaoi writer, and a person who tends to write sappy stories, so if you don't like this kind of story, then GET OUT NOW!!! Please note that I don't any of the characters, except Nova. This does have a Sailor Moon crossover in it. Now, enjoy.

Gundam Wing: Raptures of Paradise
Chapter 8----------The Test
By Sailor Celaeno

Heero had finally made his way to the Pleiades headquarters. It had been a week since he followed Relena and discovered the source of the strange phone call. For her sake and perhaps many other people, he had to know who was responsible for the phone call. He managed to obtain a job as a filing clerk in the archives section. He would have perfect access of the company's activities in the last 30 years of its existence. He soon discovered that the phone call came from a phone in the executive office. Very few people have access to that side of the building. "One of the top execs must have made the call. But why?"
Heero had every reason to believe that the execs were up to something big that Relena was somehow entrapped in, which was why she received the phone call. He immediately found a way to sneak into the restricted office after hours, when there were few people in the building. He was able to maneuver through the tight security. "Mm. Good job. It took me forty minutes to get through. Most systems take me ten, fifteen minutes tops."
Heero found an office that was no different from the executive suites for the other heads of the company. He promptly saw the nice, tasteful furnishings. The carpet was soft and well padded for virtually no sound. He read the name on the stationary. "Miss Nova Rokureno." He had heard of the name, but knew nothing much of her except that she was rich, and one of his bosses. He quickly set to work. He linked his computer to her phone and immediately hacked into the phone records. It took him nearly an hour to crack through the online security that this woman had set up. "Hmm. This system is even better than the one for her office. I'm impressed." He smiled as he typed away. "There must be something in her phone records. Otherwise, she wouldn't have such an advanced security system. After all, most executives wouldn't NEED one anyway."
The screen flashed with hundreds of phone calls made in this office during her time as one of the ceo's. He narrowed the search to phone calls made in the last four months. After another five minutes, he found several phone calls that caught his interest. He found several phone calls made to one of the scientists, Dr. Meioh. Last, but not least, he found the call to the Spa. He glared at the screen. "Just as I suspected. What are you up to Rokureno-sama?" He still addressed her in the proper title that she was given.
He soon disconnected the link and left the office.

The next day at that same office, Nova had another meeting with Dr. Meioh. "So Trista. How has the work been going? Have you been able to prove to the world that time travel exists without using your powers?"
Trista smiled. "No. But I am on the break of proving that people can travel faster than the speed of light."
Nova smiled good-humouredly. "But seriously though. I want you to know that we have located Heero at last."
"Really?" Trista raised an eyebrow.
Nova nodded. "He's working as a clerk in the archives. It's obvious what that means."
"He figured out you made the phone call to Relena?" Nova nodded. "I don't quite see, why you bothered even doing that if you don't want any of them involved."
"Well, simply this. They'd get involved anyway, which is true. However, I'm simply warning them because I don't want them to get in over their heads. They are dealing with Negaverse interference that is beyond their abilities, despite how good they are. Besides, I'd prefer to keep them on their toes. They will meet a great enemy soon."
"Yes. I can feel it coming as well."
"Then it's agreed. How is Serenity and Endymion?" Nova smiled as she asked. She leaned back in the leather chair.
"As well as they were when you last saw them."
"Small Lady?"
"She's well too. She wanted me to thank you for the gift you bought for her. She appreciates it."
"I just wanted to give her something before her 13th birthday."
"She knows. I can't believe so much time as gone by."
Nova smiled knowingly. "You know that we have the power to relive things if we wanted. It is at our disposal. But we do have some important things to do at the moment. And I'm quite glad that they haven't figured out who we really are."
"They will soon though."
"Yes. I hope that we can keep it that way a little while longer. After all, it'll make things easier and quicker if we can keep ourselves inconspicuous."
"You never told me how Hecate escaped."
"Simple. Someone stole the Persephone locket. Hecate has been reborn in this universe and we must find her before she can regain her power. But Hecate isn't the only one here."
"You mean...?"
"Yes, Proserpine is here to. No doubt they have been renamed. They will remember their pasts, but they won't recognize each other. They will recognize us."
"Would that be a good thing?" Trista asked worriedly.
"Don't worry. We will be able to recognize them as well. We must hurry. I have no clue what sort of trouble Hecate intends to brew here. I'm even more worried about the one who released her. Someone was very much aware of what sort of power they could get from her. I intend to find out how it happened."
Trista nodded. "Of course."

Heero got extremely curious about Miss Rokureno. He spent hours researching on her origins, etc. "This just doesn't add up. There is no record of her on colony 42 where she says she's born on. Nor are there any records of her until seven years ago. Going to the same boarding school as Dorothy Catalonia?"
Heero drank a small cup of coffee in his apartment on Pluto. "It says here that she has several degrees and graduate with top honors." He simply stared at the information critically. "She's rich, highly educated, and one of the most popular and powerful people in the universe. This sounds perfect. Too perfect. There must be more to her."
He spent another hour searching for more information on her. They only turned up more information on her from the last seven years, but nothing else before then. No proven documents of her existing anywhere besides Earth for school and Pluto where she currently resides. Then another idea occurred to him. He researched on Dr. Trista Meioh, one of the youngest and prominent physicists in the universe. "What?" he stared at the information. Other than the fact that she wasn't a multi-millionaire like Nova Rokureno, her record was the exact same thing as Nova's. There is no record of her prior to seven years ago. "Something strange is going on."
He thought about the information he discovered. He even reread the research he did again, and was satisfied that his findings were correct. "I will simply have to meet Miss Rokureno."

"Trenton Adler?" asked a woman.
Heero looked out from behind the file cabinets. "Yes?"
"I don't know why, but the boss wants to see you."
"Again? What does Flankard want from me now?" Heero asked with irritation.
"No. Not Flankard. Miss Rokureno."
Heero's eyebrow lifted a little in surprise. He followed the woman to Nova's office as though he had never gone there before. He entered the room, and the woman closed the door behind her. He saw Nova Rokureno for the first time. She noticed him as she looked up from her papers. He began to note her appearance should he need to follow her. He noticed that strands of her hair had silvery highlights. She wore a blue power suit with black pumps. She had dark hair and wore her hair loose without a bun like many of her female employees. She finally spoke after she finished writing on a piece of paper. "You must be Mr. Adler." He could tell she was noting his appearance as well.
"Yes, madam."
She smiled as she leaned into her chair. "I'm sure you're wondering why you're here."
"Yes. I appreciate the honor." He learned from Duo that smooth talking would get a lady to reveal more info.
"Hmm." She said amusingly. "Very well. The reason I called you here is because you have been recommended for a promotion.
"A promotion?" Even though most people in his position would be thrilled to get out of the archive filing, Heero was VERY suspicious. He also wanted the access to the archive. He had only been working for two weeks and already this woman wanted to offer him a raise. And from her personally?
"Yes, Mr. Adler. It seems that your efficiency has been well noted. It has been recommended that you will be promoted to management of the data processing department. The last assistant supervisor has proven unsatisfactory. He lacked the efficiency that you have."
"If that is the case, then I'll accept the offer."
"Good. You'll begin working there on Monday. You may get back to work and enjoy your weekend." She returned to her paperwork.
Heero nodded and promptly left. "What are you up to Rokureno-sama? Why in the world would she pick me, unless she knows something about me..." he began to feel a little disturbed and uncomfortable about all this. He would have to keep a close eye on her.

"Do you suppose he's suspicious?" Sailor Pluto emerged from the moving bookcase.
"Of course. I've given him more than enough reason to be suspicious. The fact that he hacked into some of my files proves it. He'll eventually confront me." Nova looked up from her work.
"You're toying with him? I wonder how far it'll get?"
"Well. I have a plan. It'll be devious, but I know what I'm doing."
"I never doubted you." Sailor Pluto opened the portal to the Gates of Time and vanished.

Heero knew it was risky trying to re-enter her office, but it was necessary. As he crept into the office, the lights immediately turned on, and he heard a click. He turned around to see Nova staring at him critically. "I was wondering when you'd come."
"You expect me to talk?"
"No." She walked until she was behind her desk. "I expect you to try to prove certain suspicions that you have about me."
"I wouldn't know what you mean."
"Come off it now Trenton Adler, or should I say Heero Yuy?"
He immediately pointed a gun at her. She simply smiled at him. "I don't suppose you'll tell me what's so amusing.
Nova still had that cat-that-swallowed-the-canary grin on her face. "I know that you won't kill me."
He cocked the gun. "Are you certain?"
"Besides the cliché-like 'you would have shot me already' bit, you'd get nothing out of me. Especially from my computer files, because you require a complicated password to access the information. Otherwise, the security system will automatically activate a fast acting computer virus." She folded her hands across her chest.
He lowered the gun. "How did you know my name?"
"I know a great deal about you, Heero Yuy, and your allies. I know you are the pilot of Wing Zero. You were orphaned as a child and named after the late pacifist. Doctor J trained you. You are acquainted with the other Gundam pilots who are currently serving in the Preventers. Your main goal is to protect Miss Relena Peacecraft Darlian. She has a brother named Milliardo Peacecraft, alias Zechs Marquise, alias the lightning count. He is currently engaged to Miss Lucrezia Noin, due to marry next week. Mr. Quatre Raberba Winner, the heir to the Winner fortune, who is currently an investor in this corporation, and is an acquaintance of Dorothy Catalonia. Trowa Barton, formerly Triton Bloom, has a sister named Catherine Bloom who works in the circus and is currently on colony 159 on holiday..."
Heero simply glared at her to hide the astonishment of her vast knowledge of the former Gundam pilots. "So what? You could have had a private detective search that information."
"Or perhaps I could have read your mind?" she said without moving her mouth. He immediately knew that she was speaking to him telepathically.
"What is this?" he demanded bitterly.
"The same old Yuy anger." She continued telepathically. "I suppose you are more determined to know who I am."
"You bet your life on it."
"I will assume that you will resign from your position here and return to Earth, to Relena?" she spoke normally.
"You'll receive a letter from me on Monday." Heero nodded and turned to leave.
"Of course." He left the office and was half down in the elevator when he heard her voice in his head. "Oh, and one last thing. I know about the time you saved Relena from the falling debris at the school dance." He glared at nothing in particular.
"This woman is dangerous. I will have to destroy her."

Nova stared out of her office window as Heero entered his car and drove away. "Oh, Heero. This is nothing more than a test for you. A test to see if you are truly prepared to make sacrifices. Before as Gundam pilots, you and the others were willing to give up your lives for your cause because there was no one who would miss you or get hurt in the process. But now things have changed. You have new lives, homes, and even loved ones now. Are you prepared to sacrifice everything now? I just pray that you will be strong enough." She stared into the nighttime sky. "I hope you are prepared."
Nova closed the shades and took out her transformation locket. "Celaeno Galaxy power!" Her clothes slowly disappeared. Silvery starlight emanated from her locket. She tossed it in the air, and the light exploded like fireworks. The sparks fell around her and her business suit melted into her sailor senshi fuku. Her locket reappeared on her chest. She held out her arms and said, "I call on the power of the seven stars, open the gates of time and space..." Her locket glowed as her hands focused the power towards a space in front of her. "...return me to the kingdom of Neo-Queen Serenity!" The energy formed a portal. She quickly walked through it that led her to a tunnel.
The tunnel was filled with a wispy fog, and she soon saw Crystal Tokyo. She immediately emerged out of the tunnel to the gates of the palace. The guards bowed as they recognized Sailor Celaeno. They opened the doors and she entered. She walked down a hallway towards a servant. "Excuse me. Would you please tell me where her majesty is?"
The servant bowed. "Oh, Empress! The queen and the court are in the gardens."
"Thank you." She walked passed the servant who was in awe that the Empress of the Pleiades constellation had talked to him.
After a few more minutes, she found herself outside, only that it was in a fenced in area within the palace walls. She saw several people all over the great field of grassland. They all sat on the grass with a blanket to protect their very expensive clothing from getting stained. Some of them rose up as they saw Sailor Celaeno come into view. "Nova?" said a blond-haired woman with a beautiful, white silk dress. A man with a navy black tuxedo and a white mask with matching top hat stood beside her to receive their honored guest.
"Queen Serenity, King Endymion." She bowed as she was supposed to.
Neo-Queen Serenity smiled. "It should be us to bow to you, Empress."
Sailor Celaeno smiled, "Ah, but it is your kingdom that I am in, not mine. I'm glad to see that everyone is here." She noticed that basically every 'good guy' from the Sailor Moon Universe was enjoying the peaceful day in the palace grounds. The cat guardians rubbed against her legs. She bent down and lifted the three cats in her arms and lightly kissed their heads before returning them to the ground.
"Yes. We're happy to see you return. Will you be staying for Small Lady's birthday party?" asked King Endymion.
A semi-tall pink-haired girl appeared. She was dressed similarly to Neo-Queen Serenity. "Oh please, godmother. Please say that you stay!" She hugged the most ancient of the Sailor Senshi.
Sailor Celaeno smiled down at the young princess who had grown an inch since her last visit. She gently stroked the top of her soft, pink hair. "I'm sorry Small Lady. But I cannot. My mission is not yet completed. I must return to the Gundam Universe soon. The darkness is getting stronger and stronger by the hour. If I don't return, then their world will be destroyed."
"We could return with you," replied a tall brunette in an emerald green dress with a man in green clothes just like that of King Endymion.
"Of course. We'd all like to help," replied the green man. The others around nodded in agreement, including Small Lady.
"That is exactly what we must discuss, Queen Lita and King Kenneth." She paused to look at all of the Sailor senshi and their husbands. "We must have a meeting some other time. I will not spoil Princess Serena's party. I shall return another time. Until then Sailor Pluto and I shall be able to handle the situation."
"Why is it that you and Pluto are so dedicated to this particular mission?" asked Queen Rei.
"Because the Persephone Locket has been stolen. The powers of Proserpine and Hecate have been released and I must hurry to stop them. Besides, did you think our powers over Time and Destiny are limited to this universe?"
The others stared at each other for a moment. "We never thought of that," replied Queen Mina.
"I know. Pluto and I are very busy people. We are very powerful, but only as guardians of Time and Destiny. As sailor senshi, Sailor Moon is the strongest of the senshi. Now that she is queen, there is no need for a Sailor Moon. That is why, Small Lady, your 14th birthday will be special. Next year, you will be the next Sailor Moon."
Small Lady stared at everyone who smiled knowingly. "You mean, I will be Sailor Moon?"
"Yes, Princess Serena. You will become the next Sailor Moon. You have large shoes to fill, but the other scouts will help you. And the chibi scouts are always with you." Nova was referring to the other children in the palace with Princess Serena.
"I promise to be the best."
"That is good. Now, if you'll excuse me. I must return now. I think that Heero will be on Earth soon, and I will be needed." Sailor Celaeno bowed and took her leave.

Relena was working in her office again. It was Monday again, and her time of freedom was gone. She no longer sensed Heero anywhere nearby for the last three weeks. She concentrated on her work, and she was getting ready for Noin and Milliardo's wedding. She had a bridal shower to arrange and a bachelorette party to organize. She took Lucrezia's advice and found some time to be with her brother. "Milliardo?" Relena had dialed his number at Preventers' headquarters.
"Yes... Relena?" he asked with a little surprise.
"I was just wondering if you had lunch yet."
There was silence at the other end. "Not yet. Why?"
"I was just thinking that maybe we'd go out together. Just you and me," Relena said in her usual polite manner.
More silence. "Where?"
"There's a quiet cafe a few blocks from my office. You know Tabitha's?"
"Yes."
"How about there?"
"Alright. Tabitha's. I'll be leaving in a minute."
"Fine." Relena hung up the phone. She decided to work a little longer. It wouldn't be until another half an hour until Milliardo would get there. She sighed a little as she prepared to meet her brother and try to formulate what to say to him. 'Funny. I'm worried about how to talk to my brother."

Author's note:
Okay, so there. More mystery added in. Hope you're still interested in the chapter.

Don't like suspense??? Well click here to go on!