Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Raptures of Paradise ❯ Relena's Dream ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Well, hope you like this, and this wets your appetite for the WHOLE story. Note, I'm obviously a Non-Yaoi writer, and a person who tends to write sappy stories, so if you don't like this kind of story, then GET OUT NOW!!! Please note that I don't any of the characters, except Nova and the villains. This does have a Sailor Moon crossover in it. Now, enjoy.

Gundam Wing: Raptures of Paradise
Chapter 17---------- Relena's Dream
By Sailor Celaeno

Trowa was never the best with words. But what he did say were true words that no one else could have said better. He did see things clearly in his mind. He knew reality from the illusion. It was a certain instinct within him. He avoided the delusions and fantasies that people present to him. He was an illusion himself. The Silent Clown, who performs for the crowds of people, giving them the joy and glee for their money's worth. "Why would people want to delude themselves?" He'd ask himself sometimes.
The answer wasn't so far away. All the pilots began to wonder some of the same things. "I just don't get something about you, Trowa," said Quatre.
"What's that?"
"No one ever really knows what you're thinking. You keep things to yourself. I get worried about you sometimes," Quatre said earnestly.
Trowa stare at this blond companion. "There are just some things I don't want anyone to know about. Something I can't say."
"It has to do with Midii, doesn't it?" Trowa remained silent. Quatre sighed. "Promise me something."
"What's that?"
"Promise me that you'll tell me one dayt?"
Trowa thought carefully. Could he really tell Quatre? Tell anyone at all? He turned back to his friend. "I promise."

Nova was a mysterious woman. Heero couldn't get her off his mind. "What does she want with Relena?" Heero thought as he too his place at the convention. His first assignment as a Preventer was to watch the diplomats. The other pilots took their positions. Heero made sure he kept a close eye on Nova.
Nova had introduced herself to Relena and Heero observed the strange reactions of the two women. "Hello Miss Peacecraft." Nova was friendly. She noticed Relena's appearance.
"Hello... Miss Rokureno," Relena returned. Heero noticed Relena seemed to recognize Nova somehow.
"I'm pleased to meet such an industrious, you woman. Your goals for pacifisms are remarkable. It will be a long road that won't be east. I know you are capable of many things." The twinkle in Nova's eyes, the meditative stares at Relena didn't escape Heero's notice.
"Of course. I'm glad to hear Pleiades is a supporter of my goals. I am aware of the work being done. I hope that you won't be developing weapons."
Nova smiled. "My dear Miss Peacecraft, I assure you we have no intention of that."
"You have been developing further into laser technology." Relena was wary of some of the work being done. Much of the information and research could easily be converted into the production of dangerous weapons of mass destruction.
Nova smiled again. "Weapons are weapons because they are used to destroy. Laser can be used to treat cancer, mine in mineral deposits, and make precise cuts to design objects. By itself, laser technology is nothing. It depends on how people use this technology that is the key." Nova had a look of victory and suspicion on her face as she stared at Relena.
"Miss Peacecraft, you're speaking in a few minutes," called a man.
I'll be there," Relena called back. "Perhaps we'll continue our discussion later." Relena and Heero walked away.
"Nova smiled. "Well Miss Relena. I know your powers. But I need to be sure."
Relena walked towards the front podium. "Heero?"
"Yes, Relena?" Heero barely looked at her.
"I have a strange feeling about Miss Rokureno. There was something about her that just doesn't seem straightforward."
Heero only responded with, "What could there possibly be wrong with her?" He couldn't get her worried over what he suspected. "What would make you think that?"
"Well, it really began a few months ago. I have this uncanny ability to sense people. It's not just have intuition. I just have a feeling about people. It's almost like I know their thoughts." Heero turned to stare at her as they walked. "But that's silly. I'm no psychic."
"Some people are easier to understand than others." A fear crept over him. Does she know his thoughts?"
"It all happened after I had this dream."
"What dream?"
"There is a beautiful girl with strawberry blond hair. She looked at me with sad, cerulean eyes. All she did was ask for my help. I reached out my hand and she also reached out. And then... then..."
Heero only stared at her, "Then what?" He was intrigued at this dream of hers.
"Well there was a strange light, but everything afterwards was a blank."
"That is strange." Relena arrived at the podium. Lady Une sat behind her. Heero stood near by as Relena walked up to speak.

"Remember. We must steal their fear energy," said Avatar to the other four Raptures.
Esmeralda thought sadly to herself. "Oh Quatre. I just hope that you don't get hurt. I'd never forgive myself if anything happened because of me."
"Let's go," said Agent Une. They all proceeded to enter the building with their weapons ready to attack. Midii only thought of the attack they would commence. "Well Trowa, it's about time that we settle things between us. I know how you despise me. I just want you to kill me. I won't stand dying because of anyone else. You are worth it, Trowa Barton. You are my destiny."

We'd better keep an eye our for the Raptures. The guys won't be able to handle them. Nova has a pretty strong feeling they'll try something," replied Hotaru.
"I don't doubt it," replied Raye. "They know all sorts of powerful people will be there."
Rini stared into outer space. Hotaru walked over to her friend. "Is something wrong?"
"I just hope that everything will be alright."
Hotaru looked at her friend again. "Are you worried? We'll stop them Princess."
Rini began crying. "I'm scared. I'm just scared that this world will be destroyed. I'm scared about what will happen to all of these people. There is a darkness coming."
The other senshi were listening to the conversation as well. "Rini is right about one thing. We can't just sit back and wait for the Negaverse to come here. We have to stop it. Anyway we can."
"Just don't end up having more people get hurt," smirked Lita.
"Don't worry about that," smiled Michelle. "Amara is more careful. I assure you."
Raye walked over the fireplace in the convention hall lobby. She stared into the burning flames. Her eyes were locked onto the fire and the glowing light it emanated. Amy glance over at her friend. "Raye? Is something wrong?" Raye kept staring at the fire as though it sole her awareness of the world.
Mina looked worried and tapped Raye's shoulder. "Raye?"
Huh?" Raye nearly jumped in surprise. She stared at all the faces in the room. "What?"
"Raye, you were dazed. You saw something in the fire," Mina replied with a worried look. "What did you see?"
"Something will come to change the course of things," said Raye ominously. "What does that mean?" asked Amara.
"I can't say for certain. Something will happen that will shift the balance of power. I don't know anymore," sighed Raye.
"There isn't anything else we can do, except watch," sighed Lita.
The senshi proceed to watch the convention with the reporters.

Relena spoke. "I stand before you all on this day to reaffirm my belief in peace. I only ask that you may open your hearts to the frailty of humanity. All around you, in this room, are human beings. We are all beings that need peace to calm the confusion and chaos of life. I only wish to spread peace. To live in a world where there will be no fear of war and its destructive hand sweeping into my life and the lives of all good people. I have the sincere hope that you will all join me in this hope and will do whatever can be done to spare lives and prevent senseless deaths."
The other people watched her great rhetoric. Heero heard her words as well. It was something he would be the words she'd preach. Peace. Peace was a frail, difficult flower and it was hard to obtain such a difficult thing. The never-ending paradox was before him. To bring back peace, he had to destroy his enemies. All those that would hinder peace. When he walked out of her life before, he only said, "You are trying to bring peace to humanity. But I'm a soldier. My purpose is to fight to bring back this peace. Soldiers are only there to fight. We fight for peace, but the sad truth is that once the fighting ends, we'd never survive, in that peace we've destroyed for."
"But there will be a new start for you. A chance to live without having to watch for an assassin's bullet," said Relena.
Heero smiled. "Such a lovely dream of yours."
"oh... Heero..."
"Don't you understand Relena? The fighting becomes a part of my life. The war ends out here, but the war lives on... in me. The war will never end." Heero never believed Relena would ever truly understand. Relena never felt the blood on her hands. She never tasted the bitterness of the struggles he had. He fought enemies all the time. Whether it was an army of mobile suits or the darkness within himself, Heero was the soldier. The Perfect Soldier.
"Just one thing, Heero," said Relena.
"What's that?"
"If you ever come back, I will be here waiting.: And wait she did. Now that he did come, she was still there. They had a strange relationship. Even Heero wasn't sure what to make of it. He knew she loved him. But How did he feel? He didn't know if he was in-love, or just slightly infatuated. Did he just become so used to her following him that he needed to be around her? What ever that feeling was, it was strong indeed.

Nova sat patiently in her seat. She stared at Relena, who spoke so eloquently that it could woo any warmonger to listen for at least a few moments. There was something about Relena that she couldn't shake off. "What is there about you? I can feel a strong power within you, but why?" After a moment, a thought occurred to her. "I must find out for sure."

Three… Two… One… The Raptures stormed into the room with a small army of Negaverse soldier. They began leaving the frightened people scattering. Soon they began capturing energy. "This has been a pretty easy job," replied Quint.
"A little too easy," noted Flamethrower.
"Hold it!" shouted a girl's voice.
"I wondered when they'd get here," Flamethrower replied sarcastically.
"We are the sailor Senshi, and we'll punish you!" they said in unison.
"We'd better get these people out," shouted Quatre. The pilots agreed and scrambled to get people out.
Heero led Relena to a small lounge and told her to wait. "I'll be back for you."
I know you will," Relena replied as he left.
"Hello Miss Relena," called a voice.
Relena spin quickly to see the voice's owner emerge from a closet.

The outer senshi began fighting the Negaverse soldiers, leaving the inners with the Raptures. :Uranus… Sonic… Wave… Crash!" Sailor Uranus threw her strongest attack to knock them over.
"Mars… Fire… Spin!" Sailor Mars threw her attack at the Raptures.
They narrowly dodged the fireballs. Avatar used her telekinesis to throw energy blasts at the Senshi. "You'll have to do better than that to stop us!" snarled Avatar.
"She's powerful. What can we do?" asked Sailor Chibi Moon.
Sailor Mercury gathered her power. "Mercury… Icicle… Shower!" A blast of sharp ice fragments rammed onto the Raptures, but Avatar's shield protected them.
Quint pulled out a laser pistol to fire on then. With a few blasts, Sailor Mercury was subdued. "Don't think that you can hold us back for long!" laughed Quint. There was a vague lifeless look in her eyes. There was a strong sense of power that Quint had gained through her laser pistol.
"That's some gun," commented Sailor Venus as they pulled Mercury to the side.
"Pluto.. Dead… Scream…" Sailor Pluto blasted at the Raptures from behind.
Sailor Chibi Moon perked up. "Pu!!!"
"Use this!" Sailor Pluto tossed Chibi Moon a new pink locket.
"What is this?" asked Chibi Moon.
Sailor Pluto only said, "Shout Moon… Crystal… Power."
"Moon… Crystal… Power!" Chibi Moon's fuku had more ribbons and she had a small wand. "Wow! She held the wand tightly and she knew what to do. With great flair, she waved the wand and shouted, "Moon… Scepter… Elimination!"
They were all zapped at, but were not destroyed. "You are SOOOO foolish! We may serve the Negaverse, but we have our own powers to protect us," laughed the Cat Burglar.
"They're right," sighed Sailor Pluto. "Your attacks are only to fight them, not destroy the,"
"What CAN we do?" asked Sailor Jupiter.
"Nothing much," laughed Cat Burglar.

"Miss Nova!" Relena was surprised as the woman appeared.
"Hello Miss Relena," she said again as she walked closer.
Relena felt uncertain around her. There was something that Nova wanted from her. But she couldn't quite put her finger on it. "Is there something you wanted from me?"
"Let's not play games. You have been able to hide her for months, but I realized that I can't keep you out of this mess. I have finally accepted the fact, that you will be brought into something VERY dangerous. I know your secret, Relena." Nova spoke ominously and had a sad look on her face. "I HAVE no secret," Relena replied without wavering.
"You have helped her to hide. If I can find her, the Raptures will find her soon."
"I'm not hiding anyone!" Relena was confused. Nova was insane, she concluded.
"She can't hide. She mustn't hide anymore. She has an important destiny to complete. If she doesn't do so, she will let many people die," Nova continued.
"It is sad… but what does this have to do with me?" Relena was a little frightened.
"You don't even realize the power you have."
"Power? What power? I only have my words. That is all the power I have," Relena stared at Nova with cold eyes. What did she want?
"The girl from your dreams gave you that power."
Relena's eyes widened. "How did you know about her?" This woman knew a little TOO much about her life. She was more than just a little scared.
"Miss Relena, the girl in dreams and I have a LONG past together. She knows me well," was all Nova said.
"Is she afraid of you?"
"She is afraid of her greatest enemy."
"If she has power, then why can't she fight her enemy?" Relena was intrigued in spite of her fears.
Nova paused briefly. She then stared up at the Princess and had a watery-eyed look in her face. "Miss Relena, there is much that you don't know about me. I suppose it was a matter of time before I had to reveal myself. After all, you and your friends have very special destinies in this universe, and I have a great interest in you all."
"What is there about you that I should know about?"
"The girl in your dreams is named Proserpine."
"Proserpine? The one who has a mother that's a senshi?" Relena stared in complete shock.
"I am the one who gave her the powers she has. She in turn has given them to you.
"What sort of power?"
"Something like this…" Nova glowed an aura of many colors. The room filled with the light, and Relena shielded her eyes. The light poured through the locked door and soon flooded into the hallway.

Avatar felt great pain. Strange light soon swept over the room, and she groaned, "AHHHHHHH!!!"
"Avatar! What is it?" Flamethrower asked. The other three Raptures surrounded their leader.
"There's a great power here. Their power is SO strong. It's overwhelming my senses."
The pilots returned to see the strange lights and the ill Avatar. "What's going on?" asked Duo.
"We'll be back!" The Raptures vanished.
Heero searched the room to find the source of the light. His eyes followed the flow of light through the doors that lead to… "Relena!" Heero raced to find her.
The other four Gundam pilots were ready to join Heero. "Stop!" called Sailor Venus.
"What?" asked Duo incredulously.
"We can't… We can't let you go," replied Sailor Venus reluctantly.
"Why?" glared Wufei.
Sailor Mars approached them. "We can't let you interrupt. It's important and we can't let you interfere what must be."
"But something could happen to Miss Relena!" Quatre exclaimed and ran off to help Heero.
"He's right. Relena is TOO important to our world, just as Serenity and Princess Serena is important to yours," added Trowa. The three remaining pilots also ran off.
Sailor Mars sighed. "We couldn't stop them like Nova asked."
"She knows we wouldn't be able to stop them, even if we used our powers on them," said Sailor Pluto.

They all found Heero banging at the door. "What's wrong Heero?" asked Quatre.
"It's… locked…" he grunted as he tried to ram the door.
"Let me try," said Duo. He pulled out a gun and fired. The door gave way and they were surprised to see Nova glowing and Relena standing their in place.
"You!" Heero glared at Nova.
"Relena and I have a great deal to discuss. I have to talk to her Heero."
"What do you expect to get from her?" Heero cocked Duo's gun at her.
Nova smiled, "I don't want anything from her, per say."
"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Wufei who was irritated with this perplexing woman.
"Hm. That is not necessary for you to know, Wufei. But if you insist…" Nova pulled out her silver locket. A silver light enveloped them all in a flash. The light soon cleared and they found themselves in a strange place. "Where are we?" asked Quatre.
"You are in MY domain," said Nova's voice. There was nothing but fog rolling all over. They all spun around to find her, but saw nothing except the thick fog.
"Your domain?" asked Relena.
Nova emerged and her locket glowed around her as she transformed. They all stared in disbelief.

Next time: What sort of secrets will Nova reveal to the Gundam Pilots and Relena? And how does Relena fit into things? Find out in Chapter 18!