Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Raptures of Paradise ❯ Destiny Awaits Before You ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Well, hope you like this, and this wets your appetite for the WHOLE story. Note, I'm obviously a Non-Yaoi writer, and a person who tends to write sappy stories, so if you don't like this kind of story, then GET OUT NOW!!! Please note that I don't any of the characters, except Nova and the villains. This does have a Sailor Moon crossover in it. This is a chapter that give some insight on these characters I've crammed into this thing. Now, enjoy.

Gundam Wing: Raptures of Paradise
Chapter 18---------- Destiny Awaits Before You
By Sailor Celaeno

They were all a little shocked at the sight they beheld. There stood Sailor Celaeno, the one who had been guiding their destinies all the time. "Why do I have a feeling that I should have known all along," Heero broke the silence.
"I know. I thought maybe you'd be the only one to guess. After all, I never thought for a second that you'd be clueless. You were always... special Heero Yuy..." she replied as though they were picking up on an unfinished conversation.
"Are you saying you knew Nova was a senshi?" Duo asked incredulously.
"Not exactly. I just had a suspicion that she wasn't what she appeared to be. However... I never anticipated this," Heero trailed.
"Why exactly are you involved in all this?" Wufei spoke up. He had been a little wary about Sailor Celaeno and Sailor Pluto. They were the most mysterious of the senshi. Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune were not too cryptic. Their intentions would eventually be revealed, but Pluto and Celaeno always kept their distance and only showed up at the last possible moment.
"As guardian of destiny, I cannot interfere in the course of a person's destiny. I cannot prevent deaths, or prevent tragedies. However, my second job is to be the senshi of the star Celaeno. Anything that involves Negaverse and anomalous intrusion requires me to step in. I cannot deny this. If meddling with your lives is what is needed in order to stop the Negaverse, then so be it," Sailor Celaeno said sternly.
Relena listened to the whole conversation. She was absorbing the information. "Well... what exactly did you want to talk to me about? That is the point of you bringing me here. The Gundam pilots only came because they were trying to protect me."
Sailor Celaeno smiled. "And they have done a very good job. There is something that you should know about that girl in your dream Relena. As you should now be aware of, she was my daughter. She is Proserpine, the Rose of Hope. Her sister, Hecate, is also free."
"How can Hecate and these Raptures be stopped?" asked Quatre. He was worried over the fate of the Earth. He knew how powerful the Negaverse was and so did the other pilots. The Negaverse would be even stronger because this universe didn't have Sailor Senshi to protect the Earth.
"Only the chosen one can use the Persephone locket's hidden powers to send the Negaverse back. However, it has become a little more complicated now..." sighed Sailor Celaeno.
"How exactly is that?" asked Quatre.
"You see, Hecate and Proserpine must be rejoined into one person in order to use the locket. However, Proserpine has taken refuge inside of Relena."
"Taken refuge? How exactly?" sputtered Duo with anxiety.
"When the twin sisters were released, Proserpine knew that Hecate would try to join with her. Proserpine was too weak to balance Hecate's negative personality. With Hecate's power being stronger, they will join and use the locket's power for evil. Proserpine needed to flee and gather strength from someone who has a pure heart in this universe. And she found Relena through a beautiful dream," explained Sailor Celaeno.
Heero only looked sternly. "And if they find Relena... they will find a way to force Proserpine out and release the Negaverse..."
"How can they force her out? I mean... from what I've heard about these Negaverse creeps, they get what they want by...... Oh my god!" Duo realized the facts. The Raptures and Hecate would kill Relena if it meant they could get Proserpine.
"How could she pick Relena? Relena has nothing to do with this. She could get killed for no reason!" Heero said bitterly at the idea that Relena could be killed.
"And that's something unusual?" Relena smiled at him. Heero looked unimpressed with her comment. "But seriously Heero. I am not afraid of death any more. Not when it's for something more important than myself." He still wasn't impressed, at least not on the outside. "Heero... please... for my sake, and for the people of Earth... I need to do this. Proserpine picked me to be her host because she believes that my heart will give her the power to face her sister. Why can't you believe in me?"
'I believe in you... more than you'll ever realize,' He thought to himself. "I won't stand by and let you get hurt Relena. The people of Earth need you more alive than dead. It would destroy the delicate peace if... if Earth's Dove of Peace dies," he managed to say.
The other pilots were shocked, yet not so taken back by Heero's protests. Sailor Celaeno knew what the future would hold for them, but only if they chose to continue. If not, then all would be lost.
Relena looked at him with her eyes pleading. The other pilots and Sailor Celaeno left them alone. Sailor Celaeno had some other things to discuss with the pilots. "Heero... I didn't want you to fight. I didn't want you to risk your life. I would have been destroyed here," she held her hand over her heart, "... if anything had happened to you. But I believed in you. I never had doubts that you would survive." She walked closer to him until she was close enough for him to hold her. "I could see that you were meant for something more than just to fly a Gundam and fight armies. I believed that you were could do so much more. I never gave up on that belief." Relena looked up into his Prussian blue eyes. She gently touched his face with her hand. "Can't you believe in me?"
He looked down at her face. There was something twinkling in her eyes. Her tears were swimming in her eyes, just ready to be shed. 'Don't fight your emotions.' That was all he could hear in his head. "So be it Relena Peacecraft. But I won't just stand by and watch you die."
Relena almost smiled. "I'm sorry Heero. If I die, then I die Heero. I don't like the idea of dying, but I can't fight what has to be done."
"When exactly are we going back to our dimension? I mean... they'll miss us..." pointed Duo.
"Don't worry. Once we get back, it'll only be one second after we left. That's the beauty of inter-dimensional travel," smirked Sailor Celaeno as she led them through the strange misty land.
"Where are we going?" asked Wufei. He was somewhat irritated with Sailor Celaeno's enigmatic games.
"It's something important. Very few mortal have this opportunity."
"What sort of opportunity?" asked Trowa.
"You have been born with great destinies. But you have the chance to see the universe..." She opened a door and they all stepped in.
They stepped into nothingness. All around where stars and planets swirling around a sun. Yet they could breathe in the vacuumed space. "It's so beautiful out here," sighed Relena. Comets streaked through the darkness, and the endless movement of the heavenly bodies glided along their path.
"This is how I see the universe. In it's infinite beauty. See these stars?" she pointed at everything around her. They all nodded. "Just as there are stars in the universe, there are other worlds, alternate worlds. All under my watch. It is hard to watch them all. To make sure that nothing goes wrong. I may seem cold, and distant, but I am not. I can't possibly be so desolate in heart to be the guardian of SO many destinies."
Quatre stared into the stars. Suddenly he could hear so many voices flowing through his head. "Ah!" he said in surprise. "I hear those voices."
Sailor Celaeno put her hand on his shoulder. "I thought you might. You have powers. You have telepathic abilities. You haven't explored the possibilities of those gifts, so they aren't strong. But here, in this dimension, you can hear the voices and thoughts of people, millions of light-years away. In this dimension, you are everywhere, yet standing in one place. It is a beautiful sensation isn't it?"
Quatre nodded as he soon as he relaxed and let the thoughts come to him. "You can hear them all the time?"
"Yes, Quatre."
"I've never seen anything so clearly as this," mused Wufei. He could saw how quiet, peaceful, and still it was in that place. Whenever he sat for meditation, he was always trying to focus on finding inner peace. A way to concentrate his mind to focus on the battles that would come. "I've found the place to focus on." Wufei could now have an image to use.
"It's like something united. Together, working harmoniously. I guess kinda like us, eh?" Duo said.
"Very good," answered Sailor Celaeno.
"So that was the real point behind this. We have to act together. We're a team. That's what you're trying to say," Trowa thought.
"I think you are ready to go back now." Sailor Celaeno's locket glowed again.

They all emerged from the lounge and returned to the other senshi. "You showed them the universe, didn't you?" asked Sailor Jupiter.
Sailor Celaeno smiled. "It is great out there. But I will never show them that ever again. It is something that one experience is more than enough to feel."
"How long do you suppose it will take for them to realize that they are looking for me?" asked Relena.
Heero looked at her disapprovingly. "What?" Milliardo asked incredulously. The pilots began explaining and Milliardo's face became very reserved. "Relena! I can't believe you're going to put yourself at risk like this. I'm sure Proserpine can another person to help her." Milliardo was very concerned for his sister. Not just because she was an important figure of peace, but because he really did love her.
Noin was nearly five months pregnant, and her womb was showing that now. "Zechs..." she touched him by the shoulder.
"Lucrezia?" He turned to look at her.
"I know that it's dangerous for her to agree to this. I'd also protest to this, but..." she paused.
"But?" he asked her.
"...But... the fact remains that she is making this choice for herself. And if Proserpine asked for anyone else, that person would also be in grave danger, and we'd still have a large problem in our hands. At least we know who the host is, and we can watch Relena. Somehow we must use this to our advantage. And it will still take some time for the Raptures to find her. We also have that card in our favor... even if it is temporary." Noin looked very serious. She was also reluctant about letting Relena be the host, but Noin also knew that Relena was VERY determined in everything she did, whether it was politics or picking a place to have her vacation at.
Heero was also listening to the conversation. "Noin is right..." he finally spoke.
"I'm surprised you agree," said Noin. Milliardo was also surprised. Though he still had some reservation about ANYONE that was particularly close to Relena, he knew that Heero was no fool, and he knew exactly what he was doing.
"Relena will do this no matter anyone says to her. I won't fight her decision, though..." he turned to her. "... Don't think that I'm taking this without some reservations Relena Peacecraft."
"I don't doubt that."
"Don't forget us! We can help you watch her and find those Raptures. This is still senshi business and we also have something at stake in all of this. That's why we're in this universe. Besides, we work well with you pilots. You have to admit that," said Sailor Mars.
"They're right. They can be VERY helpful for us. Their powers can help us fight those crazy Negaverse monsters. We can handle the rest," noted Duo. Everyone agreed and they divided work. The inner senshi took turns guarding Relena, while the outer senshi helped the pilots try to develop a strategy to fight the Raptures and their Negaverse allies. Heero and Milliardo still kept their eyes on Relena to make sure that absolutely NOTHING went wrong.

"Are you certain you felt this power?" asked Tempest.
Avatar stared into her mirror at the foreboding figure. "Yes. I'm very sure. I could feel such intense power, I couldn't believe anything in this universe is capable of such power. I'm sure it's Sailor Celaeno."
"Damn! They must be close to finding Proserpine. You MUST find her! Without her, the locket will be of NO use to us." Tempest smiled. "The energy you have providing me with is excellent. But I still need a little more to free myself from this prison dimension."
"I know Tempest. We have been working very hard. But, it doesn't seem any power we offer you is enough," Avatar sighed dejectedly.
"You will need energy from people of great passion. Only then can I be free."
Avatar left to ponder this a little further. Just for the next few days, the girls spent their alone from each other. Doing their own thing, trying to figure out where to go next in their plans. Avatar walked in the streets that cold December day. She stared into the pitiful crowds, scrambling to get last minute Christmas shopping done. "What do these pathetic people think they'll get out this? I don't understand this." She continued walking as she past FAO Schwartz and saw the crowds of parents with their children running all over the store.
"What is was to be a child," was all Avatar thought as she stared into the windows of the store.

A.C. 186
"Can I open the presents?" Kari asked excitedly.
"Of course sweetie," said Mr. Nahira. "It's Christmas day now!"
"Thank you!" she hugged her father before scrambling to open the beautifully wrapped package. Her eyes lit up to see a beautiful locket. "Oh Daddy!" She hugged her father again.
"Well, nothing is too good for my baby!" He cradled her in his strong arms.
"I love you Daddy. I love Mommy too. I will always love you both!" she smiled as she looked up into his warm, happy face.
"We will always love you. Don't forget that. We will always love you, my little lady." And Mrs. Nahira brought some hot chocolate for them to drink.

Avatar pulled her locket from under her bundles of clothes. She opened the gold chain. A picture of her parents were in the locket. She stared and lightly brushed her fingers over their faces. "This is what Christmas is supposed to be about," she murmured to herself. She closed the locket and hid it again. Avatar looked up and continued to stare at those happy faces in the toy store. "I will always love you."

Quint walked alone in a park. It was a nice neighborhood and she wished she could live in one of these nice apartment buildings. No doubt they were occupied by rich people with loved ones, in a warm apartment. Warm with love, and warm with heat. When had Quint ever have any of those things? She never had much. Never much at all. "Oh Pop, I miss you," she sighed to herself.
"What should we name the baby?" asked a woman. Quint looked up from her seat on a bench. There was a woman with short dark hair sitting on a bench near by. A large bush separated the two benches, so the couple didn't really notice Quint at first.
"I don't know. I have thought about a few names," replied a man with long blond hair.
Quint's eyes twinkled a little. "Name? What is my name?" Quint began to think to herself.

A.C. 183
A scruffy looking hobo walked along that cold December night. "Some night to be out here!" he grumbled to himself. He felt his raggedy pockets and felt a few coins jingling in his pocket. "Hopefully I can buy some tea bags from the diner for the boys and me. Sure could use some tea on this dang blasted night!" He walked another block towards the entrance of the diner.
"Mmmph!" a small voice whimpered.
"Eh?" asked the scruffy man. "Who's there? Who are you?"
"Mmph!" a tiny voice squeaked shakily again.
The sound came from the bushes. The scruffy man reluctantly prowled around to find the noise. "Oh dear lord!" He found a woman with a wiggling, small bundle of flesh in her arms. "Hey lady?" He gently shook her. She didn't move. He touched the side of her face. "Oh no," he mumbled. He shook his head sadly. "Poor woman. The cold got to her."
"Mama..." the tiny bundle mumbled quietly. The scruffy man picked up the bundle.
"Hey! It's a kid! A little girl? You's okay kid?" he stared at the little girl, who's face was growing ghostly pale. All the color left was the palest icy blue eyes, the red-brown curls, and her lips which were slowly getting blue.
"mama!" was all she said.
"Here, kid. You stay with ya ma. I'll be right back." He gently left her where he found her. He ran inside and cajoled the waitress into letting him buy tea bags. After ten minutes of convincing, he returned to the bush. "Ya know, kid? It's cold tonight, and an orphanage ain't a place for you to be tonight." He took her hand. "I'll call the cops once we get back to the warehouse. They'll take care of your Ma."
"What's your name, kid?"
"Quintie."
"Quintie? That's a strange name. Never heard of it."
Quintie handed the scruffy man a bracelet. He stared at it. It was made of gold, but he saw the inscription and knew that he couldn't pawn it. It should stay with Quintie. ~To my darling Quintessential Marie, from your Mamma and Papa~ Sept -- A.C. 179
"Well, Quintessential Marie. I am Horatio van der Horn. But you can call me Uncle Doc."
"Yes, Uncle Doc."

Quintessential Marie. Hardly anyone knew that name. Only the guys at the warehouse and Quint knew her real name. But she had parents. That's what the locket said. But who was she really?

Milliardo and Lucrezia were sitting together in the park. "I don't know. I have thought about a few a names."
"Like what?"
"Well, I thought about Julia, Cassandra, Elizabeth..."
"Girls names? What if it's a boy?"
Milliardo smiled. "I know. It could be a boy too. There's Roberto, Eduardo..."
"Eduardo? That's a nice name for a boy."
"Fine. If we have a boy, or if we EVER have a boy, we'll call me Eduardo, agreed Milliardo.
"What about a girl? We haven't decided a girl's name," noted Lucrezia.
"Well, there are lots of pretty names for a girl. We'll figure it out soon."
"I hope so Zechs." They both got up. The day was crisp and windy. Lucrezia walked close to Milliardo and they were the happiest couple on the street. They were together and they had a family starting for themselves. For now, the world was simple and uncomplicated.
It did seem a little off, as they noticed a tense look on the faces of Trowa Barton and Midii Une as they walked towards the frozen skating rink.

Trowa had come to the skating rink to be alone. It was early in the morning and very few came out on a Wednesday. But to his surprise he saw a lone figure sliding along the ice. It was a girl. He could see her slender legs moving gracefully on the ice. She had an excellent skating pose as she went several laps around the rink. He wondered who it could be. This strange girl who was alone, skating rather sadly.
He approached the ice and they soon locked eyes. "Midii?"
"Trowa." She was neither happy, nor frightened, but there was clearly a look of uncertainty and great emotion in her eyes.
"I didn't think I find you here."
"I'm sure if you did, you'd avoid me." She skated towards the edge of the rink. "If you want me to stay away from you, then I will." She was ready to leave.
Something about the way she was talking and the look in her eyes made Trowa feel sorry for her. Even if it was only for a few minutes, he couldn't ignore someone who was feeling bad about something. "Wait..."
Midii stopped in her tracks, and slowly turned around to face him. "Yes?"
"Is something wrong?"
"Wrong?" She asked, feebly hiding her emotions. "What could possibly be wrong with me? I don't have feelings. I'm a cold, treacherous snake in the grass." She spoke with a mixture of sarcasm and pinned up sorrow.
Trowa looked at her meditatively. "I know you. You'd never say anything so spitefully. There is something wrong."
"Why should you care, Trowa Baron?! I'm your ENEMY!" she shouted into the rink, not caring whether anyone did hear. "You HATE me! You have EVERY reason to hate me, and you'll never forgive me for what I've done. I've accepted it, so why don't you let me go? Why should you give a damn about me now?"
Trowa was surprised though he didn't show a single sign of it. He could see the frustration, the strained agony in her eyes, and he soon realized what was bothering her. "Forgiveness? IS that what you want? Fine. I forgive you."
Midii looked coldly at him. "Forgiveness? Do you think that is what I want? You can take back your forgiveness. I don't want anything from you. I don't to take anything else from you." She looked sadly at him.
Trowa looked tensely at her, that is until he glanced up and noticed Milliardo and Lucrezia Peacecraft walking by and stopping to watch them.
Midii followed his gaze and saw the Peacecrafts as well. "I'm going." She proceeds to leave.
"This is not over yet, Midii. We have something to settle between us. I have no doubts that this feud will end soon." Trowa watched her walk away and his mind lingered on his thoughts.
After a few minutes, Trowa was approached by the happy couple. "What just happened between the two of you?" asked Lucrezia.
"We have a long history together. There are just issues we have to deal with." Trowa had skated for a little while, and changed out of his skates. He left the rink with Milliardo and Lucrezia. They were meeting the others and would travel to Quatre's house. It was five days until Quatre's Christmas party on Christmas Eve. Everyone thought about taking a little rest from work and would spend the rest of their vacations at his large mansion. They took a train and got off at Rockefeller Center, where they spied Quatre and Dorothy, standing in front of the store windows, holding hands.

Dorothy was very worried. Something was troubling her but she wasn't quite sure what that feeling was. It was sad, and pitiful, but it frightened her terribly. It all had to do with Quatre. Something was after him, but she wasn't quite sure what to do about it. The fear was breaking her heart because she was very unconfident of her own boyfriend. She wasn't sure if he could handle the danger that was lying ahead for him. "I don't know what will happen to you. Why can't I make it go away?"
Dorothy gasped a little has two hands rested on her shoulders. They were gentle, and warm. "Hello, Dorothy," the friendly voice replied.
A strange chill ran over her whole body. It wasn't fear of her boyfriend. It was a sensation of despair and the tingling of being near the one she loved that brought this feeling. "Quatre…" she said quietly, almost nervously.
Quatre hugged her. "What's wrong Dorothy?"
"I don't know," she said in a quiet, melancholy voice.
Quatre turned to face her. He lifted her head up higher so he could look at her. "What's wrong?"
"I have this strange feeling."
"You have strange feelings? Maybe you're an empath too," he tried to joke a little to make her laugh. But she didn't even smile. "There really is something wrong. What is it?"
"I have this terrible feeling that something awful will happen to us really soon. I don't know why I feel like this, but the feeling is there. I can't explain it. Whatever it is… it's coming… soon," she looked at him sadly.
Quatre looked back at her. "Don't be so worried. I'm ready for anything that will come."
"I only hope so." She sighed as she looked at the display window.
Quatre reached over and held her hand. "I'll be here. I'll never leave." Then they looked up as they heard Lucrezia Peacecraft call to them.
"Well, nice to find you here," she smiled coyly.
Quatre and Dorothy reddened a little. "Hello," they said together.
"Should we go?" asked Milliardo.
"Of course," replied Quatre. They walked a little further to his limo where they were driven to the Winner mansion.

Next time: And find out the truth to Quint's past in Chapter 19!