Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Raptures of Paradise ❯ Memories are Forever ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Well, hope you like this, and this wets your appetite for the WHOLE story. Note, I'm obviously a Non-Yaoi writer, and a person who tends to write sappy stories, so if you don't like this kind of story, then GET OUT NOW!!! Please note that I don't any of the characters, except Nova and the villains. This does have a Sailor Moon crossover in it. Well, here's some more stuff that falls on my plot line.

And also more characters have a speaking part in this chapter than the other chapters. I've had to apologize to them for being bad and not giving them more screen time. ^_^;

Gundam Wing: Raptures of Paradise
Chapter 20---------- Memories are Forever
By Sailor Celaeno

Christmas was finally here. The time when there should be peace. It was true that some of them were not Christian in belief, but they all knew that it was a day of peace, and love. The gundam pilots invited the senshi to join them at a Christmas party at Quatre's mansion. Quatre had the entire mansion decorated for the celebration. They had rooms to sleep in and presents to give out to each other. Of course, there was one guest that no one except Quatre knew and that was Esmeralda Debinder.
Esmeralda had received an invitation to spend Christmas day with Quatre. She sighed with a heavy heart. Mr. Debinder was on a business retreat so he wouldn't be there. Her brother, Houston was spending Christmas with his in-laws. She had no where else. Even the other Raptures had other things they were doing. Although Midii had told her that she should come to Quatre's Christmas party. No doubt that Dorothy Catalonia was also there. Esmeralda glared at the thought of Quatre with… her.
A strong envy crept into her heart. "How could he love HER, but not notice ME?" She screamed in her room. A mirror was standing there. She walked closer to look at herself. "Oh look at you. You're a pathetic fool. How could anyone ever love you? Your own family doesn't even love you. How could you even think that Quatre Raberba Winner would ever love you?" she moaned.
Esmeralda stared at herself some more. Her eyes grew read from the tears. Her face was wretched and pitiful. Her youthful beauty faded away with the tears. That was what the mirror showed her. That mirror had the same design as Tempest's mirror. Esmeralda stared as her image began looking coldly back at her. It was dressed in Esmeralda's Rapture uniform and had a cold stare. "You ARE a pathetic fool Emsie… Such a pitiful creature. Who could ever love you?" the image cooed.
"It's you," was all Esmeralda could say. The seductive Cat was what she called that image. As a Rapture, Esmeralda allowed this mirror image to be her persona. But as the proud beautiful heiress of the Debinder fortune, she was the tragic Esmeralda. A child scarred by misfortunes that were thrown in her path. "Why are you here? What do you want from me?"
"Oh Emsie… you are such a pitiful child. But then again you always were," Cat laughed mockingly.
"Quatre loved me. Deep in his heart he still cares. He cares for all the people in his life! He'd still care about me," she stared bitterly at that evil girl in the mirror.
"Ha! Is that what you still tell yourself? Do you really believe that? How could Quatre ever love you?"
"Of course he does! He still worried when I saw him at the Pleiades dinner! That means he still thinks of me."
"Of course he thinks of you. He can still remember the way you threw his pure puppy love just so you could fall for someone else! The only reason why he'd even talk to you with any kindness is because his heart is too kind to hate you. Do you understand? He PITIES you. He sees how pathetically wretched you've become and just can't bring himself to hate you!" Cat snided at her.
"He pities me? No… Those are lies! You're lying!" Esmeralda stood up and yelled at her mirror.
"Just say that over and over again. Maybe one day, you'll believe it."
Cat faded back into the mirror turned back into Esmeralda's reflection. "I'll how show you wrong you are."

Mariemaia and Lady Une arrived at the Winner mansion at four o'clock. She had to finish school and change her clothes to more casual attire. "Hello everyone." Mariemaia had a beautiful, friendly smile. It amazed everyone at how much she reminded them of Treize. The smile was just as disarming as her father's.
"Hi, Mariemaia. Doing good in school, kid?" smiled Duo.
"Of course Duo." She smiled back. She was wearing a white, faux fur coat, with the hood covering her head. Her reddish hair peered out from the covering. Lady Une also a coat on and she smiled just as friendly.
"I'm glad there wasn't too much traffic," she sighed as they stepped in from the cold. The two ladies stepped inside.
"This is a nice house. I didn't think there would a house like this on Earth," Mariemaia said with awe.
"Why thank you Mariemaia. I'm glad you approve," Quatre smiled good-naturedly.
Mariemaia blushed. Then she noticed Dorothy behind him. "Hello cousin Dorothy."
"Hello Mariemaia. Lady Une."
"I'm sure Mariemaia would like to meet our other guests," replied Quatre.
"Other guests? Is that true Dorothy?" Mariemaia asked in surprise.
"Yes, a few friends of ours," replied Dorothy.
Mariemaia and the others left the hallway and walked towards the large living room. Mariemaia was amazed to see the 10 strange women in the room. "I'd like to introduce you to Mariemaia Khushrenada." The senshi introduced themselves to the girl. Rini smiled at meeting the younger girl.
"Hello, I'm Rini Chiba. Nice to meet you." Rini offered her friendliest smile.
"Oh hello Miss Rini. I'm pleased to meet you." The two girls were both ladylike in mannerisms and were impressing the older people in the room.
"Hm… Small Lady is doling out her charms," teased Mina.
"Mina!" Rini turned a little red in the face. Everyone else was smiling at her. "Oh… why'd you have to say that?" she said exasperated.
"Lighten up Princess! You're just Rini Chiba here, not Princess Serena or Small Lady. Just relax," smiled Lita.
Rini frowned, but then smiled again. "I guess you're right Lita."
"Now we just have one more guest coming a little later. I guess we can let the fun start," smiled Quatre. He was the perfect host. Just to entertain everyone, Trowa and Quatre gave a duet concert. On occasion, they played a familiar Christmas carol, and several people began bursting into song. Hot chocolate was served and food was happily consumed. Everyone complimented Lita for her Christmas cookies. "Oh, it was nothing really. Just something I whipped up before I came."
Noin ate plenty of food and hot chocolate. She was in her fifth month and it was clearly obvious that she was pregnant. "So how are you feeling Mrs. Peacecraft?" Rini asked.
Lucrezia Noin still beamed at the fact that she was Mrs. Milliardo Peacecraft. It was the joy of her life. Of course, finding out she was pregnant was also another big thing in her life. "I'm doing good." She paused for a moment. "Zechs? Should we tell them?"
Milliardo smiled, "Why not? It'll be easier for them to get you baby clothes."
Everyone only stared with confusion. Noin smiled, "Well I talked to my doctor on Monday. I'm going to have a little girl."
All the ladies in the room smiled with joy. "It's a girl!" they said collectively. The men, and even Haruka had sweat drops as they heard the girls.

"A girl? Have you thought of a name?" Relena asked. "I'd like to know what my goddaughter's name will be."
"Well. We thought long and hard about it. And we've decided…" began Lucrezia.
Milliardo continued. "We've decided her name will be Anastasia Elizabeth Peacecraft."
Lady Une smiled. "Princess Anastasia Elizabeth Peacecraft. That is a lovely name."
"That's kinda neat," smiled Duo. "A princess and two queens. Heh."
"That IS fitting," agreed Amy.
"I wonder how she'll handle being a princess?" wondered Hilde.
"Oh don't worry. If she's like me, she'll be ready for any obligations and know what to do," replied Relena.
Heero only watched her as she spoke. 'Ready for her obligations? Yes, Relena. You weren't afraid of doing what you decided to do. No doubt, like aunt like niece.'
"It'll be an adorable baby, I'm sure," replied Dorothy.
"Oh… if we can only stay to see Anastasia be born. With any luck, we can stop the Raptures and the Negaverse from entering this universe," replied Rini.
"Yes, with any luck. We can stop them son," agreed Trowa, who remained characteristically silent.
"Oh yes! We should throw a baby shower!" replied Catherine. Soon several girls chanted 'baby shower' and more sweat drops can be seen by the men, and Haruka.
Duo slyly whispered to Quatre, "You know… it's lucky that the rest of us are 17, otherwise the girls would start talking about having a baby too!"
Quatre paled slightly. "Er…" Quite frankly, Quatre was in no position to be thinking about having kids of his own. Maybe in another 5 years, now was too early for his liking.
Dorothy had stopped chatting long enough to notice Quatre. "Quatre? Are you ill?" She looked straight at him.
Quatre snapped out of it to respond. Staring back at Dorothy made him think about what would happen if he and Dorothy became a more permanent pairing. It made him blush a little and brought color back to his face. "Um… yeah Dorothy." He smiled good-naturedly. He inwardly prayed Dorothy didn't suspect his thoughts.
"Well… as long you're not sick, then I guess there isn't any reason for me to be worried," she replied.
Quatre sighed in relief. "Of course. Hm… I wonder where she is?"
"She?" Duo asked a little too enthusiastically.
"Duo!" Hilde promptly smacked her boyfriend, with an 'Ow!' that followed.
Quatre sweat dropped at the sight. "Er… well… she is an old friend of mine. She isn't much for Christmas, so I invited her. She's very nice and I'm sure you'll be good friends with her."
Nova smiled pleasantly. "Of course. I'm sure that all of the people you consider a friend must have a good heart." Nova inwardly sighed. 'Hm… Quatre can't know about Esmeralda yet. And Trowa can't know about Midii yet either.' It bothered Nova sometimes that she knew the truth about people. After all, as the senshi of destiny, she knew everything about everyone. It was her job to make things turn out the right way, so the positive and negative of the universe remained balanced. She did on many occasions feel sorry that relationships of love and trust may have set backs or even destroyed. She pitied Quatre's friendship with Esmeralda. 'Oh Quatre. I could stop the path Esmeralda will take, but it must happen as it will.'
Quatre was oblivious to Nova's thoughts, a few had strange feelings. Raye stared at her one-time teacher. 'Something bad will happen soon. I have that strong feeling. And Nova isn't exactly having a peace of mind, it seems. What ever it is, I hope we're ready.'
Heero knew now that Nova was an ally, but he still remained wary of her. She knew everything that will happen to him, and his friends. Heero couldn't trust what he didn't know for sure. Ignorance could cost him and others dearly. 'You know more as usual than you let on. If anyone gets hurt because you let it, I will fight you anyway I can. Even if you are more powerful.'

Hecate began talking to Tempest's mirror again. "Look, Avatar may be powerful, but how can you trust a human to do this? I can stop them, and complete the mission."
"Your personal differences with my chosen Avatar is irrelevant. The point is, is that she will be the one who will be the executor of my wishes. You will be the key to everything. Once I am freed, I need you and your sister to release the Power of the Eternal Winter. Ah yes…" Tempest said gleefully. "Once… I have Eternal Winter in this universe, power will return to the Negaverse and everything shall be as we want it to be."
"And… what of the Raptures?" smirked Hecate.
"It won't matter after all, only you and Avatar will be of any use to me. Avatar will be my new body, and you will help me destroy this universe. The other four are only to help Avatar."
"Such a genius plan. But what am I to do?" Hecate hated being the mere shadow of the whole organization, while the Raptures were doing what they needed to do.
"The one thing you never had was patience. You will make certain that the plan falls into place. You will assist the Raptures. If necessary… I will have you destroy them, and leave Avatar for me."
Hecate grinned a wicked, Cheshire cat smile. "Of course. As you wish."

Midii thought quietly to herself. She had declined Quatre's generous invitation to spend the Christmas holidays with him and the other pilots. Despite the fact she was sent to watch the pilots and learn their strategy secrets, she felt her personal feelings for Trowa would interfere with her mission. And she was terribly right. She was too emotional.
Trowa was the reason for it. She had a long ago past with him. "Trowa is my enemy. Just another opponent to outsmart. But… how can you destroy someone you care about?" She practically screamed at herself. She had felt the exact same way seven years ago, and now those awful feelings had returned.
She quietly sat in the small hotel room and kept pondering away.

Avatar had no intense feelings for the holiday, except anger. She couldn't stand the happy people being together celebrating. Avatar had nothing left. The Raptures weren't a family. They a team that were only together to complete a mission. Perhaps they were comrades, even friends, but that wasn't a family. Avatar was determined to destroy all those who had taken her happy life away. "Lady Une… you will pay. I will crush the pilots, and kill Mariemaia. I will destroy the family you have."
Despite her own passion for destruction, Flamethrower was very worried about Avatar. Avatar was irate and irritable since it was the holidays, and it bothered her. "How can someone be so angry. I'm angry as well, but… even I can let it go, for a while."
Quint considered the other Raptures her family. They watched each other's backs. "Something wrong with Ava?"
"Someone had killed her family when she was a kid. She remembered who did it. She's become very cruel, and cold. It's like she's not even human anymore," sighed Flamethrower.
"I bet you this Tempest woman is behind this. Ever since I found out who our boss was, I never trusted her. I don't like that Hecate. Hecate is up to something. I know a spy when I see one, and she's a genuine rat."
Flamethrower smirked at the comment. It was no surprise to anyone that
she didn't trust Hecate either. "What do you suggest we do Quint?"

"Don't know. But I just say we watch out for her."
"Agreed."

Esmeralda arrived at Quatre's mansion when it was seven. She was glad to see Quatre smile his greeting to her. 'The same sweet young man that he's always been.' A butler took her coat as she walked with the young host. "I'm sorry for being late. Some business kept me busy so, I couldn't leave earlier."
Quatre smiled good-naturedly. "That's alright. I was just worried that there might have been an accident and you got stuck."
Esmeralda sighed quietly. 'Aw… he was worried about me.' She looked at him reassuringly. "I'm touched."
Dorothy approached them and she smiled graciously. Esmeralda inwardly cringed. She couldn't stand seeing Dorothy together with Quatre. A twinge of envy filled her heart, as Cat's words echoed in her head. 'How could Quatre ever love you?' Esmeralda tried to move the thought from her mind as Quatre introduced her to his friends. She smiled politely and was as warm and friendly as any person could possibly be. Some how she felt sorry that she would help destroy them.

Haruka and Michiru each had a strange feeling. 'The winds are changing.' Haruka glanced at Nova. Nova's face remained unchanged, but she could see certain look in her eyes that changed as Esmeralda appeared in the room.
'The tides are stronger.' Michiru smiled politely as Esmeralda was introduced to Michiru. 'There is something about this girl that is causing it. We'll have to watch her. I almost feel sorry for Quatre. His friend could be the enemy.'

"I'm pleased to meet you all," Esmeralda replied.
Dorothy had a gut feeling that she should worried about Esmeralda. There was something in the way Esmeralda looked at her that made her suspicious. Dorothy tried to hide it, but she realized that Esmeralda noticed. There was a certain darkness in her eyes that made Dorothy anxious.
Meanwhile, Esmeralda felt bitter. 'So this is the one that Quatre chose over me. I'll simply have to get rid of her… somehow…"

Lucrezia Noin Peacecraft. She loved the way her name sounded and she was even happier about the daughter she had inside her. Being married to the love of her life made her heart happier than it had ever felt before. She sat in the library alone that Christmas Eve night. It was an hour after dinner ended and decided to watch the falling snow. A year ago, they were trying to fight a seven-year-old and her manipulative grandfather. Zechs had finally returned into her life.
But a lot changes in one year's time. Mariemaia was now rebuilding her life and was no different from any other almost 9-year-old girl. But most of all, Zechs and Noin were married and soon having a baby to complete the picture. Noin was satisfied with her life. She looked down at her slightly swollen abdomen. She felt Anastasia kicking her. "I know you're in there Annie." She liked the idea of calling her Annie, for short.
"She's moving again, Lucrezia?" replied Annie's proud father.
Lucrezia smiled. "She's definitely your daughter Zechs. She moves and ready to take on anything, even her mother."
Milliardo knelt by his wife's side. He gently rubbed her belly until he felt his daughter stirring. "You are a tough one aren't you, my Annie," he spoke softly to the unborn baby.
Annie stirred again as if to respond to her father. "I think the answer is yes." Lucrezia sighed happily as she watched the falling snow. "What do you suppose Annie will be like?"
"Beautiful like her mother," Milliardo smiled at Lucrezia with pride.
"Always the charmer." Lucrezia turned to her daughter. "Your daddy has a way of smooth talking me. Be stronger than that. Maybe…" Lucrezia smirked. "… maybe learn how to out smooth-talk HIM."
Milliardo began to pale at the idea of what his daughter could possibly get herself into if she could ever learn to coax him. "Don't even think that!"
Lucrezia laughed at him. "Zechs! She's not even born yet and you're already worried about her and boys. You really ARE a father aren't you?"
Zechs sighed. "Maybe she'll be more responsible than that."
Lucrezia sighed as well. "Annie will have many responsibilities in her future. She will be so important. Not just for us as our child, but as the next generation of Peacecrafts. That name alone will make her a celebrity. Could you imagine what would happen when she does important things?"
Milliardo put a gentle hand on her shoulder. "You needn't worry. Her father and her aunt can teach her everything about being a Peacecraft. Besides, she'll be like you, ready to face the future without fear of being foolish. Because she will follow her heart and do what she knows is right."
Lucrezia smiled at Milliardo. "I'm glad you believe that." She turned to stare out the window again. "I can believe that too."

Mariemaia and Rini ran in the snow outside. Lady Une and Mina decided watch the two girls together. Mina explained who Rini was, and Lady Une explained Mariemaia's story. "How awful for her. She has no parents… that is except for you. It's wonderful that you adopted her."
Lady Une nodded her head. "Of course your majesty."
Mina blushed. "Well since I'm in YOUR universe, my title as Queen of Venus has no meaning. You may call me Mina."
"I thank you Miss Mina." Lady Une watched the two girls throw snowballs at each other. She smiled at their fun. "Tell me, do you have a daughter of your own?"
"As a matter of fact. I have a daughter at home with her father. Her name is Mai. But her Silver Millennium name is Mabeline."
"Silver Millennium name?"
"You see the names you addressing us by are our civilian Earth names. They were names given to us when we lived in another lifetime. But we were reborn and have different names. I am Queen Venus. Just as Rini is actually named Small Lady. Small Lady has large shoes to fill, but over time, she will be ready to take up her responsibilities," explained Mina.
"Such a life is never easy. Mariemaia has been more fortunate. She has her own place in this world, but it probably won't be as difficult as your Small Lady," mused Lady Une.
"No. Small Lady as two parents and many friends that will watch her and make her safe. We were all reluctant to have her come with us on this mission, but Nova-sama has a point. Rini will take over the role of Sailor Moon and Queen of Crystal Tokyo. She must learn how to be Sailor Moon before she can be the next queen."
"I have heard a great deal about this… Sailor Moon. She makes many sacrifices. Do you think little Rini can do that? Can she be ready to do those things?"
"I've asked myself that, just as I'm sure people have wondered about your Miss Relena. Rini will know what she has to do, when the time comes."
"The pilots have told me about you when you were a teenager like them. You ARE different now. But you are still passionate in your beliefs."
Mina smiled. "Thank you for the compliment. All people change with time."
"How very true."

Esmeralda was up that night. She sat at her dresser table. She looked

She stared intently at the mirror. She couldn't help staring at it. She looked beautiful in the mirror. She was happier with what she saw than she had in a long time. She decided to leave her room and walk around in the house.
As she strolled down the stairs, she caught the attention of her host. "Emsie?"
Her soft locks of dark hair bounced a little as she turned to the owner of the voice. "Quatre! I didn't expect you to be up!" She was a little red with embarrassment. She has only her nightgown and a blue robe on.
Quatre smiled politely just as he always had. "Did you need something?"
"No… I don't need anything. You needn't worry yourself over me. There's nothing that I need that I can't get for myself."
"That's what I like about you Emsie. You know what you want and how to get it. But…"
"But?" Esmeralda blinked with curiosity. She knew he was sensitive to the feelings of other people and he seemed to know the truth about people's hearts. She was afraid of him, for that moment.
"There's something sad in your heart. I'm worried about you. I've been worried since we saw each other at that dinner. Something has happened to you and I don't think it's good. Whatever it is, I just want you to know that you can always tell me," Quatre looked sincerely at her.
"Of course I know that Quatre. I do know," Esmeralda smiled, but there was a look of sorrow in her eyes.
"Are you afraid that I'm mad about what happened all that time ago? If that's what is holding you back, then… then I want you to stop worrying about that. I've forgiven you. I can't stay angry at you. I can't stay angry anyone who is important in my life. You've been my friend since we were both young. I can't just throw that away, especially since you're upset about something."
Esmeralda was touched beyond words. She began crying. Quatre walked over and hugged her. It didn't make any sense to her. She hadn't cried in front of anyone since she was a little girl, and now she was trembling.
"What's wrong? Did I do something?" Quatre was scared he had troubled her more.
Esmeralda calmed herself enough to talk. "No. Nothing you do has been wrong." She wiped her eyes and looked straight into his eyes. He returned her gaze searching for something to connect with her. "Listen to me… never let yourself think that anything you've done has been wrong. You've done everything right. You followed your heart and what it told you to do."
"If that is so…" he began. "Why'd you leave? Why are you crying?"
"I'm crying because I feel sorry. I'm sorrier for what I've done to you. You forgive me, but that isn't what bothers me. What bothers me goes deeper and beyond that. I have things in my life that have been bothering for a long time. I just couldn't let you get involved. It wouldn't be fair to put you in a position that could get you hurt for no reason," she said with a dark, foreboding tone.
Quatre had fear in his heart. "Emsie, you're scaring me. What are you talking about? It's time you be more honest with me. I won't force you to tell me anything, but I feel left out all over again."
"You do?"
"Since the day you left almost five years ago."
"Tell me Quatre… what did they tell you about why I left?"
"Your father wanted you to go to school because your boyfriend was older than you, and you were supposed to stay away from him. Why?" Quatre looked at her suspiciously.
"All of that was true, but there's more than that."
"More?" Quatre didn't want to jump to conclusions, but he had a feeling he knew what it was.
"I made a terrible mistake with Andrew. We were at a party one night. We got drunk and the next thing I knew… I woke up and… well… to make a long story short, I was pregnant. I didn't know what to do."
"I'm sorry. You were so young. At 14? I wish I could have helped you." Quatre knew he really couldn't have helped her, but he was still just as worried.
"I know you did. I refused to get an abortion, so my father thought the most logical thing was for me to be sent away. He said that I was going to school on Earth and would live with relatives for a few months to get adjusted. Actually I went to a hospice for my pregnancy. My cousin Delilah, watched me. It was after I turned 15, when I had the baby. Of course Andrew isn't around, nor do I care. I had a little boy."
"Congratulations then. Where is he?"
"He's with Delilah. I visit sometimes. I named him Liam. Liam is four now. I miss him sometimes. It's sad really. I can't openly acknowledge him as my son until I'm 21, when I can access my inheritance left by my grandfather. Once I have money, I can be free to do whatever I please and take my son. We can be happy, I hope."
"I'd like to see Liam some day. I'm sure he's cute." Quatre smiled warmly to comfort her somehow.
"I'm sure he'd like to meet his Uncle Quatre. One day, you'll meet him." Esmeralda smiled. 'Maybe YOU could be his daddy someday…' she thought to herself. She turned to Quatre. "That's all I can say now, Quatre."
"But Emsie…"
"Listen Quatre… no matter what happens between us, just remember that memories are forever. They are precious and you should cherish them, as much as I do. Just remember those days we played together. They are all you need to remember about me Quatre."
Quatre stared as she walked away. He went to bed as he began to wonder, what was there that Esmeralda was hiding.

Christmas morning finally came. There was singing and general happiness among the large party the night before, so everyone slept in and would wake before lunchtime. Nova, however, was someone who couldn't stay in her bed. There was too much on her mind. She was filled with conflicting emotions. She had knew what would befall all of the people in the house, but she was bound by vows spoken millennia ago never to reveal these futures to anyone. She was forbidden to interfere in a manner that would change the outcome. It sometimes bothered her that she knew something that could lead to misery for others, but that was what she would need to bare.
However, she was not the only one up that Christmas morning. Nova was sat in the library watching the snow-covered yard. The snow stopped, and the layers were freshly fallen. Amara and Michelle were also up from their room. "We will find the enemy soon and defeat them soon, won't we?" asked Amara.
"Soon. That is all I can say."
"I have felt the waves moving and the seas churning. The tide will change in our favor," said Michelle.
"The wind has picked up, but there is still trouble coming. After all, Nova is not pleased at all. Someone will get hurt in this battle," replied Amara.
"Yes, Amara. The battle shall be in our favor, but not without prices for the pilots to pay. They will need to suffer much to save their world again. Of course they will survive, but I can't help feeling sorry for them. All they hold valuable will be tested and they will pass or fail."
"Of course they will," replied Trista, who had heard the conversation. "They are the heroes of this universe. They can face the challenge."
"I regret that they will have so much to deal with."
"I felt strange when Esmeralda came last night. I think there is something about her that isn't right. She has the feeling of darkness around her and I don't like that darkness at all," replied Amara.
"Do you suppose that Quatre is aware of this? He should know about this if he doesn't," added Michelle.
"If there is something about Esmeralda that is out of the ordinary, then we should just let Quatre find out at his own time," replied Trista.
"She's right. It's a test of his friendship with her. He won't find out from any of us, because Esmeralda will tell him what he needs to know. These things work out in there own way. There is no need to mention this to him. Especially today is not the right time," finished Nova.
"I suppose you are right. We shouldn't interfere in his personal life. It wouldn't be fair to him, or to anyone else to get involved in their intimate business," Michelle agreed.
"So it's settled then. We will need to proceed with the search for the Raptures. Despite the fact that I know what the outcome will be, even I don't know where the Raptures are. All I know is what they will plan to do, and when. However, should any of the pilots realize the extent of my foreknowledge, they wouldn't accept my choice to be silent," sighed Nova.
"I know what you mean. I know the same things as well. We're both in trouble then, old friend," smiled Trista.
"Of course. They wouldn't understand why we need to let the Raptures kidnap Relena in order to save the world."

Dorothy and Quatre awoke later that morning. Dorothy had a restless night. She had strange dreams that night. She only saw that she was being chased by a mysterious woman and then attacked. She tries to run away, but the woman always catches her. The dream was more vivid last night, and it bothered her terribly. The dream was so intense that particular night. The dreams began since that dinner banquet months ago, and then was even more vivid since Esmeralda appeared. 'Could Esmeralda be the cause of these dreams?' Dorothy had a strange feeling about Esmeralda ever since she met her at the dinner. Quatre told her the sketchy details about her, but she couldn't shake off the strained feelings towards Esmeralda. It also seemed to Dorothy that Esmeralda had a dislike for her. It wasn't overt, but the negative sentiment was there. 'Oh Quatre, if only you could see as I do. She's been hiding something from you and it's not something good. But I can't prove my hunch. He'd never believe unless there was proof.'
Quatre soon spotted Dorothy walking in the hallway. "Dorothy!"
"Good morning Quatre."
"Is something the matter?" Quatre looked at her with concern. She clearly looked tired and somewhat distressed.
"I had the dream again…" Dorothy sighed.
Quatre looked at her again. "Maybe it's an omen. A prophecy dream?"
"That's what worries me. The dream last night said that not only was someone chased me, but they attacked me. I couldn't get away. Someone is out to get me…"
Quatre had more worry on his face. "You have a suspicion about who it could be?"
Dorothy was nervous. 'Yes I do, and you won't like it," she thought silently to herself.
"You do have a feeling about who it is. I won't let anything happen to you," he said as he held her by the shoulders.
"I know you won't. But I'm keeping my guard up. Meanwhile you should be more worried about these Raptures. They're up to no good, and they are dangerous because they will destroy humanity. All of Earth and the colonies are worried
more than ever since they've only been attacking people of rank and importance."
"You are right. It's a matter of time before they realize that Relena has what they want. This whole Eternal Winter thing is bothering me. That power could be used to destroy or protect humanity. If the Negaverse ever got hold of that power, they'd destroy us all."
"Exactly right, Quatre." Quatre and Dorothy turned to see the other pilots, Milliardo, and Lucrezia appear in the hallway. It had been Trowa, who spoke up.
Heero was not particularly pleased about the topic. He knew the consequences just as well as everyone else should they fail in stopping the Raptures. What bothered him was that Nova knew so much, yet she couldn't reveal what she knew. "I don't know about Nova."
"Heero's right," agreed Milliardo. "Though she maybe a powerful ally, she is too secretive. She has information that could have helped us get rid of these Raptures and their allies long ago."
"Breaking vows and code of duty isn't much of an option for her either," pointed Quatre.
"He has a point, Zechs," replied Duo. "I don't like the looks of this either, but knowing her… maybe we're supposed to do things this way. She knows everyone's destiny right? So maybe we have to do things this way in order for it to work out."
"Maxwell… that was the most intelligent thing I've heard you say in
weeks," teased Wufei.
"HEY!!!!" protested Duo, as everyone else had a few chuckles at his expense.
"The more important thing is that we make sure that Relena doesn't get captured. They'd do anything to get Proserpine to leave Relena's body. Even if it means they have to kill her. Nova said that Persephone has not regained enough strength yet to fight her twin," added Lucrezia.

Rini, Mariemaia, and Relena went out for a walk through the snow. The girls wanted to get a better look at Quatre's large mansion and yard. Relena wanted to enjoy the winter scenery. It felt strange being two people at the same time. Having the thoughts, and memories of two different people in her head. There was Relena Peacecraft, the politician, and the champion of peace of Earth and her colonies. But in her head were the memories of another young woman. A young woman from another world, and born nearly 2000 years ago. It wasn't difficult because Proserpine, or Rose as she was also called, didn't try to take over Relena's life. She was merely an observer and occasionally commented to Relena. "Surely, Relena. Heero is very handsome AND a brave young man. I can see why you like him so," Rose had said.
"The sad truth is that he doesn't return those feelings. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to get involved with me. I can see why. I'm a politician and we have different lives that would only interfere with each other," Relena had replied.
"Relena, you don't really believe that do you? Deep in your own heart you know he has feelings for you. Would you wait for him?"
"I'd wait forever, if he felt the same about me."
"Then don't give up so quickly. You know him. He's the kind of guy who doesn't open up to others so quickly. He's cautious, and always worried about having the enemy know his weaknesses and use it against him, just like any soldier would."
Relena had to laugh. "Yes, he is. He's the perfect soldier." Relena would have conversation with Rose whenever it was quiet and Relena had no business to take care of. "Why did you pick me to be your host?"
"Relena… When Hecate and I were freed from the locket, I could sense that evil was the one who released us. Evil only want us for one thing, and that is destroy the world. I couldn't allow them to use me to hurt people. So I ran away. But I wanted to hide inside of you because of your power."
"My power? What do you mean?"
"You are the symbol of peace in this world. Your efforts have guided the people into striving for something truly great. It is a strong power that you possess. Your mercy and compassion for the suffering of other people is the source of your power. That power will revive me and make me strong. I need your strength to help me Relena. Hecate is the darker side and her power is strong because she gains that strength from the darkness that lives in human hearts. The darkness has stolen my strength, but your light helps me. Don't despair. Not for my sake, but for your own. Darkness in your heart will hurt you," Rose implored.
"My light? I didn't really understand… before now…"
Relena felt stronger in her heart and she knew she didn't need to fear or worry. "Miss Relena!" Relena looked up to see that Rini and Mariemaia had climbed up a small hill. Each girl had a sled and they proceeded to ride them down the hill. Mariemaia and Rini screamed with glee as they slid down the hill of snow. Relena smiled and laughed as the girls playfully flew into small mounds of snow that laid near the bottom of the hill.
Mariemaia and Rini dug their way out of the snow and pulled their sleds. "Hey! Look at that hill over there!" pointed Rini. There was a larger hill several yards away. As she pointed some snow started to crumble.
"That might not be a good idea Rini. It doesn't look safe," Mariemaia replied.
"Well I won't make you try, but I'm going." Rini ran off to the top of the hill. Relena was also watching and followed. Rini was at the top and she put her sled into position. She laid herself on top of the sled. After a few moments, she pushed herself off and she flew down the hill at lightning speed and all the while screaming with excitement.
"Wow! That looked like fun Rini," sighed Mariemaia. She wished she would have flown down the hill like that.
"I couldn't believe that I went down so fast! It felt great with the air in my face," smiled Rini.
"I think I want to try," Mariemaia raced up the hill where Rini had just been a minute earlier.
"Mariemaia! Be careful! The hill is kinda slick, so you'll slide pretty fast!" Rini called out to her new friend.
Mariemaia soon found her way up the hill looked down. "This IS high," she gulped a little. Relena and Rini looked like small tree stumps in the forest at that height. She wanted to slide really fast, so she decided to swallow back her fear and prepared for the slide.
Relena was watching. "I hope she'll be careful."
Mariemaia made a slight sigh before she threw herself down the hill. 'This is fast,' she thought happily as she raced down the hill.
"She's going to fast!" Rini said nervously.
"Mariemaia! Slow down!" Relena tried to scream, but she knew in her heart that is was already too late Mariemaia was half way down the hill and had accelerated.
Mariemaia felt the slide rocking a little. "Oh no… I'm shaking… and I'm not even down yet… AH!" She screamed as the crumbling snow made her veer towards a large pile of snow. She crashed straight into the pile without another scream.
"Mariemaia!" screamed Rini.
"Mariemaia!" Relena ran towards the girl, and Rini raced behind. They both dug a little and pulled her out. Mariemaia groaned a little. "Are you alright?"
"My arm hurts," Mariemaia looked at her arm and flinched as they pulled her out of the snow. She tried to stand up, but her legs wobbled and she plopped back into the snow again.
"Oh Mariemaia, you've hurt yourself. Here…" Relena pulled Mariemaia's sled out. "You lie down here and I'll pull you back to the house."
Mariemaia nodded in agreement and groaned a little as she sat down. "Oh… it's my fault she got hurt," whimpered Rini.
"Don't blame yourself Rini. You didn't know she'd go down so fast," Relena said with honest reassurance.
"Don't worry Rini. It's my fault. I should have been more careful," Mariemaia said tiredly.
The house was at least half an hour away. Relena pulled the sled tirelessly. "Miss Relena!" cried Rini. Relena had stopped a minute to let Mariemaia rest from the bumpy ride.
"Rini? What's wrong?" Relena raced to see what the matter was.
"She's burning up, and she stopped talking to me!"
Relena net down to feel the girl's forehead. She could feel a fever coming on, and Mariemaia had fallen asleep. "She can't fall asleep out here. The cold air will make her worse."
"What can we do?" Rini asked with fear.
Rose's voice spoke in Relena's mind. 'Let me take over for a few minutes, I'll be able to help her.'
"Alright." A strange warmth swept over Relena. A golden aura was wrapped around her body. Her winter clothes melted into a long flowing gown. The aura grew stronger and she had a beautiful sparkle in her eyes.
Rini sighed with awe and wonder at what she saw. "Are you Mariemaia's guardian angel?"
Relena/Rose smiled amusingly. "No, Small Lady. I am Rose. Relena has let me take over her body, so I can help Mariemaia. You must run to the mansion and tell the others about what has happened. I will try to help her until I can pull her back."
"Right," Rini nodded. With her sled in her arms, she raced as fast as she could to Quatre's house.
Relena/Rose knelt down by Mariemaia's side. She could hear tiny breaths that escaped the girl. "I can't let you sleep here." She touched the girl's head and concentrated. The gold aura glowed brightly onto Mariemaia's head.
Mariemaia's eyes fluttered open. "Miss Relena?"
Relena/Rose smiled gently back. "Don't worry Mariemaia, you'll be fine." She touched her arm and the aura also glowed onto Mariemaia's arm. "There… it shouldn't hurt so much anymore. Now, we should get back."

It was 20 minutes later. Rini raced her heart out and told the others about what happened. "We should go out after them," replied Lady Une, who was clearly the most worried.
"Yes, we should get Mariemaia back here if she's so ill," Quatre agreed.
"Look!" Raye said as she stared out the window. Heero spied and saw the most amazing thing. Relena dressed in a flowing gown gracefully walked through the snow pulling an awake Mariemaia along. He couldn't help staring at how beautiful she looked walking in the snow. It was like looking at a heavenly angel.
Nova was also watching. "Hm… it seems that Rose is almost ready. That's good. She will need to be ready for the battle coming."
Sally and Lady Une proceeded to meet Relena. Dorothy, Quatre, and Duo decided to set up some pillows and blankets in the study. There was a fire already burning and it would be better to put Mariemaia there until Sally made sure it was okay for her to be moved into her guestroom. Heero soon joined Sally and Lady Une. Relena made her way and stopped near Heero. The dress faded back into her winter clothes. Relena looked at Heero with dreary eyes. "Heero?" She started to fall down.
Heero raced in time to catch her. He dipped her a little so he could lift her in his arms. "We'd better take them inside." Sally and Lady Une nodded in agreement as Heero walked back into the house with Relena. 'Hn… what happened out there?'

Notes: Whew! This was a LONG chapter in the works. It'll be a while before chapter 21 will be done. But bear with me here. This will soon be done. I'm planning on about 26 chapters in total, so at that rate, this fic saga will soon end. The rest of the chapters will no doubt be long like this, though may not exactly be this long.