Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Rippled Reflections ❯ Over a Cup of Tea ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing... but... *takes a deep breath* I DO OWN HANA LIO, VIETTE ADELE, ETROI FLEUREN, KATRINA BELLADONNA TERRENCE, SOO MIN JENG, SHADOW BLAZE, DARKGLAIVE ECLIPSE, COLDFIRE, ICE STORM, ENYONG, AND THE GEMINIANS!!! SO DON'T EVEN TRY STEALING THEM!!! ehehe... now onto the story!!

Ch. 4 - Over a Cup of Tea

After the encounter of the two groups of gundam pilots, the girls were more careful as to not reveal their identities to the boys. They knew that they couldn't do it forever but they sure could try. However, they had to avoid doing things that would raise suspicion, just like they did during P.E. one day...

Hana and the girls were wearing the P.E. uniforms and were receiving some interesting glances. Soon, the P.E. teacher had assigned groups that would play in a basketball competition until one female group and one male group would be left and they would play against each other. The group who would win by two points would be given a free period the next day.

Interestingly enough, Hana, Viette, Etroi, Katrina, and Soo Min ended up all together as a team while Heero, Duo, Trowa, Quatre, and Wu Fei also ended up together. After six games, the two teams were pitched against each other, some considering it the battle of the sexes.

Wu Fei and Soo Min started off the game and Soo Min effortlessly made a swish into the basket from the half-court mark. She smirked as Wu Fei's face lit up with anger and embarrassment. Then, Heero got the ball and made a three pointer.

After about ten minutes, the two groups where tied and Hana was about to shoot when... the bell rang. She got out of her stance and held the ball. Wu Fei then started to mutter as to how weak onnas tied with them and Hana threw the ball behind her without looking and made a swish.

Everyone looked with shock at the girl who did it without effort and she silently walked away. Only the guys that were the gundam pilots pondered how she did it... and from the other side of the court also...

That, of course, rose suspicion and excitement but it soon died in a week of so. A couple days after that incident, Hana and Heero received missions to infiltrate the Los Angeles Base. They quickly told the rest of the pilots and the groups prepared to go after school ended.

Right when the bell rang, the two aforementioned groups sprinted out of the room, leaving everyone else behind in the dust. Hana and Heero smirked at each other as they were running quickly down the sidewalk and were alternating from being first.

Then, they arrived at Quatre's home and Hana ran past it, going to Katrina's mansion. Heero then noticed how close they lived together and how much the mansions were alike. Even the shape of the mansions were exactly alike and Heero assumed that the number of rooms would also be the same.

~ I wonder... if their mansion has a hanger like ours...~ he thought with interest. ~ Note to self: Ask Quatre if the mansions around this area are the same.~

Then, the others caught up to Heero in Quatre's car, the others were left at the mansion. The girls zoomed by the group of boys in their cute light blue beemer, which belonged to Katrina, and waved at the boys who were looking at them.

* Katrina's House *

"That was a very interesting race yah had with cute Heero there, ne Ha-chan?" asked the mischievous Viette with a grin.

Hana simply glared at her and went to her room, closing the door behind her.

"I'm going to the nearest cafe and getting myself a drink. Bye." said Katrina as she left.

Only Etroi noticed that there was plenty of refreshments at home but didn't say anything. Instead, she began to leave also.

"Where ya goin Troi-chan?" asked Viette.

"Library." was her only reply.

Viette shrugged as Etroi left and Soo Min went to the training room to perform her daily kata.

Katrina sighed as she watched the steam rise from her mug of tea. She really didn't have to go out for a drink but she was tired of always being with the girls. Sure, they were her friends but they were always silent... except Viette of course. She sighed again and took a sip of her peach-flavored tea.

"Mind if I sit here?" asked a polite voice.

Katrina looked up from her drink and saw Quatre standing on the other side of the small coffee table with a mug in his hand and a gentle smile upon his face.

"No, it's all right." Katrina said with the same amount of politeness in her voice.

Quatre quietly sat down and stirred his coffee and took a sip of it.

~ Mmm... Mint-flavored tea always makes me relax...~ he thought.

Katrina watched amusingly as Quatre took a sip of his tea and closed his eyes in complete ecstasy. He even let out a small "Mmm.." sound and Katrina couldn't help it anymore. She tried to hold in her giggle but failed to do so. Quatre then opened his eyes and slightly tilted his head with wonder.

"Is something funny?" he asked in a teasing tone.

"I-iie Quatre-san!" she said with another giggle.

He rose his eyebrows and pointed at his mug.

"Did it have to do with this?" he asked.

"H-hai!! You were just so funny when you took a sip of it!" she said with her giggles out of control.

Quatre then let out a small laugh and shrugged.

"I guess I can't help it, tea works wonders for me!"

Katrina giggled again and then said,

"I too! I don't think I would be able to live without my peach tea!"

The two began to have a conversation that they enjoyed immensely. They had lost the polite, yet distant feeling and spoke as though they were friends for the longest time... and maybe, more?

YAY! I'm done with this chapter (thank shinigami! *whew*) and I hope to have another one up soon! Arigatou for staying with this story and Ja Ne!