Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Rippled Reflections ❯ The Joining of Kindred Spirits ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: It's the same as always, dudes. I don't own GW but I own Hana Lio, Viette Adele, Etroi Fleuren, Katrina Belladonna Terrence, Soo Min Jeng, Shadow Blaze, Darkglaive Eclipse, Coldfire, Ice Storm, and Enyong. Capiche???

Ch. 5- The Joining of Kindred Spirits

Etroi walked quietly through the aisles of the library, her steps as faint as a mouse's breathing and her eyes as observant as a cat's. As the time passed by, a number of books had been stacked in her folded arms and she held them tightly as she finally began to look for a seat. And the only vacant one was next to the infamous pilot of Heavyarms custom.

~Well, I might as well take my chances... I'm not planning go back to Katrina's house anytime soon... especially when Viette's bored.~ she said with an tired sigh.

She silently took the seat by Trowa and quickly grabbed the first book and indulged herself with the story. Trowa glanced to his left as he wondered who filled the vacant seat to his left and saw that it was Etroi Fleuren.

Etroi felt Trowa's gaze on her and looked right at him.

"Is there anything wrong?" she asked in a quiet yet mocking voice and an arched eyebrow.

Without responding to her, Trowa looked back at his book but could not read for his thoughts were completely on the girl next to him. She looked at the cover of his book and said,

"Don Quixote... "It shall not be said of me, now or in the days to come, that tears or prayers prevented me from doing my duty as a knight."

Trowa looked at her with extreme amusement. Although it was about his 12th time reading this book, it was a classic and he enjoyed it immensely. Of course, he recognized the quote that Etroi had recited and was not surprised that she could do so. From the first moment he saw her, he felt from her the same feeling of isolation and tragedy that he had felt from someone else... himself.

Etroi then turned back to her own book and silently read to herself. She didn't feel embarrassed at all, even though she quoted from a book that a fellow gundam pilot, that didn't know she was one too, was reading. Somehow, she felt as though she and Trowa were "kindred spirits." Not that she would admit believing in that kind of stuff but she secretly did.

Then, her cell phone rang and she quickly took it out from her pocket. Flipping the cell phone open while holding the page of the book which she was reading, Etroi attempted to look for her only bookmark, a thin white gold one that had a cutout of a heart in the middle.

She treasured that bookmark for she had it since she was a small child and got it from a childhood friend that left as mysteriously as he came. She never forgot about him so she always kept that bookmark as a reminder. Of course, she didn't know that is was a bookmark at the time she got it, but soon learned.

Frustrated that she forgot it at home, she decided that she would just look for the page later when Trowa offered her a small bookmark. She quickly accepted it and with a small thanks, put it carelessly in her book. Then, she quickly went outside and finally answered the phone.

"Hello?" she said with a slight feeling of annoyance in her voice.

~Etroi, we have another mission. Come back to the house right now.~ said the urgent voice of Hana.

"Hai. Hai... I'll be there as quick as I can." she said and ended the call.

Etroi quickly went back inside the library and went to the table where her books were, she saw that Trowa was gone. She picked up her books, checked them out, and quickly headed home in her silver beemer.

Carrying the books in her hand, Etroi went to her room to put the books down and then go talk to Hana and the rest. When putting down the books, a small clink was heard and Etroi mentally smacked herself for forgetting about the bookmark and bent down to pick it up.

She drew in a sharp breath and picked it up with the utmost care. Looking at it with astonishment, she traced the 3-D heart with her finger. Etroi pulled open her top drawer, scavenged through it and finally found what she wanted.

With almost shaky hands, she put the two bookmarks together, hers on top of his, and closed her eyes when she heard a snap that signified that the two bookmarks fit together. She held it close to her heart and sighed deeply.

~So Trowa... was it really you or was it just a dream?~ she thought.

Her thought were interrupted when a knock was heard at the door and Viette's voice was heard.

"Hey Troi-chan, yah should come out before Ha-chan gets pissed off!" she said quickly.

Etroi carefully put the bookmarks on her desk and left them there as she stepped outside the room and closed it behind her. The bookmarks laid there, symbolizing that two souls were to be joined... that it was destiny.

YAY!! I'M GETTING THE CHAPTERS OUT SO FAST!!! anywayz, review and i'll post the next chapter asap!! Arigatou and Ja Ne!