Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Rippled Reflections ❯ Mingling of Blood ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing... I do, however, own Hana Lio, Viette Adele, Etroi Fleuren, Katrina Belladonna Terrence, Soo Min Jeng, Shadow Blaze, Darkglaive Eclipse, Coldfire, Ice Storm, Enyong, and the Geminians.

Ch. 10- Mingling of Blood

Heero glared at the five female pilots in front of him and slowly stood up with his hands held up. The others behind him followed suit and one of the male pilots spoke up.

"Last time, you said that you were here to help us... but how come you don't show us who you are?" Quatre asked.

Their eyes twinkled with mirth but no smile or frown was seen for bandanas were tied around their face and covered their noses and mouths.

"Because... it is our mission and we do not fail missions." said one of them.

"We are simply on the same side, not on the same team." said another.

Heero then gave a roundhouse kick to the nearest person and knocked the gun out of her hand but unfortunately, not the hat. One of the girls quickly grabbed the suitcase and the five began to run off. The five boys ran after the girls but the girls split up and the boys each chose one to follow.

Heero chased long and hard after the girl but when she made a turn into an alley, he went in and she disappeared. Looking at the alleyway suspiciously, he turned back, not noticing the girl that had scaled the high wall and silently slid onto the roof.

Wu Fei glared at the onna in front of him and sped up to try and catch her. But, she then skid to a stop with her back facing him and did a quick flip, twisting her body in the air so she landed behind him with her back still facing him. Then, she began running back in the direction they had just came from. He glared at her back but grumbled as she ran across a street that he got stopped at by a "Don't Walk" sign.

Quatre followed after the girl and smiled as she slowed down a little bit. Then, she suddenly sped up with a burst of speed and jumped into a blue top-less beemer and quickly turned on the engine, leaving a disgruntled Quatre in the dust.

Trowa sprinted after the girl in front of him but watched as a blue beemer came by and the girl jumped gracefully and swiftly into it. He glared at the car and then saw Quatre standing two blocks away from him, also watching the blue car.

Duo grinned as the girl in front of him continued to evade him. She then went into the barely lit park and he stealthily went in front of her and grabbed her. She gasped in shock and Duo almost frowned as he tried to think why it sounded so familiar.

Although the girl struggled as though she was about to die, Duo continued to keep a strong hold on her and finally pulled off her hat.

"Viette..." he said in a deathly yet shocked whisper.

She looked at with an indifferent face but her ash gray eyes held something akin to fear, something that Duo never wanted a girl to feel from him. He loosened his grip on her and held her wrist while looking at her with a rigid stare.

Viette cringed under his watch and fearfully pulled tried to pull away from him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he said harshly.

Tears sprang up from her eyes and Viette shut them to stop them from flowing.

"I-I couldn't... I have a mission just like you and I couldn't fail it..." she said sadly.

"And now that I failed my mission, I die..." Viette said as she pulled out a knife and stabbed herself in the chest.

Duo looked at the bleeding girl in his arms with shock. He watched, paralyzed, as her face paled little by little and she breathed out a soft message to him.

"Duo..." she gasped a ragged breath and weakly smiled, "I think... you were the cutest and funniest guy I ever met..."

Duo's eyes watered as he realized what she really meant and that in such a short time... he had fallen in love with the girl in front of him. He knew she was dying of loss of blood and decided to do something about it.

Taking the knife, Duo winced as he slit the large vein on his wrist and slit Viette's wrist also. After checking if the bloods would be able to accept each other, he tied his and Viette's wrists together with a ripped off strip of his black shirt.

Duo then slowly pulled out the blade from her chest and was thanking someone up or down there that it didn't puncture her lungs or heart. He picked her up and ran for dear life to the nearest hospital. He glanced down at the girl in his arms every few seconds and saw that her face was gaining back a little bit of her blood.

After many hours in the hospital, Viette's heart rate and blood flow was declared to be stable and she was put in one of the hospital rooms. The whole night, Duo sat by her side, holding her hand and softly rubbing her palm with his thumb.

When the girls all met back at the mansion, they realized that Viette wasn't with them and were extremely worried that she was captured by the boys. They searched the area they were in before to find out that their close friend was in the hospital... with one of the gundam pilots.

That's another chapter done!! Yay!! Anywayz, please review so I can continue! Arigatou for reading this and Ja Ne!