Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Rippled Reflections ❯ Innocence Salvaged and a Chat ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing! But I do own Hana Lio, Viette Adele, Etroi Fleuren, Katrina Belladonna Terrence, Soo Min Jeng, Shadow Blaze, Darkglaive Eclipse, Coldfire, Ice Storm, Enyong, and the Geminians!

Ch. 13- Innocence Salvaged and A Chat

"Katrina!!! Please stop running!!!" Quatre shouted as he continued after the blonde-haired beauty.

Somehow, in dark shadows, Katrina was able to shake Quatre off her tail and hid a bush. As she held herself, she cried bitter tears.

Quatre cursed to himself as Katrina evaded him. He saw a lone bench and sat in it with deflated hope. He didn't mean to do that to her, he just couldn't believe that she was a pilot... like him... and remained so innocent. The dim lights of the park lit his pale hands as a single teardrop fell upon them.

Quatre's shoulders shook as more tears followed and then... he heard the sound of similar crying with his impeccable hearing. The young pilot wiped away his tears with the soft fabric of his shirt and stood up... following the sound of heartbreaking crying.

Katrina was too overcome with sadness to notice Quatre find her hiding spot and gasped as he lifted her in his arms and carried her out of the bushes, letting his pants be torn from the sharp branches.

Quatre looked down at the angel in his arms and brought her to the bench, sitting down with her in his lap and leaning against his chest.

"I-I'm sorry." whispered Quatre.

Katrina cried into his shirt and he held her tightly in his arms, almost fearing that she would disappear if he didn't. After about thirty minutes, Katrina fell asleep and Quatre carefully stood up, carrying his precious angel back to where everyone hopefully still was.

And they were there and the girls helped Quatre put Katrina in the car who, was so tired from crying, didn't even notice anything that went on. The girls had thanked him and explained to him that he was not to tell Wu Fei and Heero what was going on. He agreed, even though he knew that he was keeping a secret from his comrades.

After escorting the girls to their house, Duo, Trowa, and Quatre drove back home with silence yet calm atmosphere. When they got to Quatre's mansion, they quietly went inside, trying to not to wake the other two pilots... they failed.

"Where were you three?" asked the stoic Heero.

"Umm... I was in a club and Q-man and Tro-man here had to get me out of er.. trouble." Duo said quickly.

Heero looked at the three pilots suspiciously but didn't say anything. He turned around on his heel and walked to his room. Duo and Quatre let go of the breaths that they didn't know they were holding and walked to their room with Trowa behind them who had a mysterious twinkle in his emerald green eyes.

The next day, three of the boys rose with lightened hearts. Duo practically skipped out of his room in his black silk boxers and black top but luckily remembered to get dressed before anyone saw him. He came back out in the same black tank top but wore a pair of baggy black pants with it. He put black sunglasses on his head and went to the kitchen to see all of the others awake.

Heero was wearing a dark gray jean jacket with a white tank top under and with that, dark gray jeans. Quatre wore a loose, dark navy blue shirt with a white half-sleeve undershirt and a pair of semi-baggy white pants. Trowa wore a pair of baggy light gray pants and a metallic-looking gray tank top. Wu Fei wore a pair of white fighting pants and a red sleeve-less shirt with a white dragon on it.

Quatre and Trowa gave each other a look, both knowing why Duo was beyond his usual hyperness. They knew that he was happy to finally meet someone that he could love and he could be loved by. Quatre smiled to himself, knowing that he had also achieved what he believed to be true happiness while Trowa simply stayed silent, though also feeling the same way.

Heero looked suspiciously at Duo as he bounced in the kitchen. Something was different about him, and it wasn't his clothes or anything else that was material. He looked... happy... and that was something that Heero, himself, had never experienced.

Wu Fei kept to himself as he thought about what had happened a couple of nights ago. Soo Min was best friends with his deceased wife and when he was around her, he felt happier, even like he wasn't a gundam pilot. However, he didn't want to betray Meiran but why didn't he feel the guilt in his heart?

After the breakfast, Duo quickly got up and said,

"Got to go somewhere! Ja ne!" as he bounded out the door.

Trowa and Quatre also got up and said that they were going to the library when, in fact, they were going to meet with Etroi and Katrina.

Wu Fei also got up and went to supposedly train in the nearest gym, even though the gym inside Quatre's mansion was nicer and more equipped then any gym in a 100-mile radius.

Suddenly, Heero was left alone and for some reason, he felt alone. He knew that he was supposed to be the perfect soldier and maintain an emotionless facade but why did it feel like something was missing in his life?

He went to his room, turned on his laptop and went on-line.

*At Katrina's house*

After breakfast, Viette, Etroi, and Katrina left, saying that they were going to meet with the gundam pilots while Soo Min went to a gym. Hana looked around and saw that no one was home, not even a maid. She went to the computer room and to her special never-touched-by-someone-else laptop which was white.

~How ironic for a killer such as myself like the color white the best...~ she thought with a sneer.

She went on-line and scrolled down her list of people that had some importance that were on-line also.

~Soldier01... isn't that Yuy?~ thought Hana with curiousity.

She said hello.

That's it for this chapter!! Sorry it took so long for it to get out!! Please review and Ja Ne!