Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Rise of Darkness ❯ RoD5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Rise of darkness
Author: shad0w118
Archive: fanfiction.net , MediaMiner.org
Feedback: Yes, please. I appreciate it.
Pairing: OdinxOC, 2+1+2,
Rating: R
Category: AU, supernatural
Warnings: Angst?, OOC Heero,
Notes: Duo is 12, Trowa & Quatre are 18 and Wufei is 20.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own them and the standard stuff.
 
::------:: telepathic thoughts
/-------/ thoughts
 
 
Chapter 5
(General POV)
 
“OMG, SOLO LOOK.” Duo point at the direction of a tree not very far off.
 
“What is it Duo? What's wrong?” Solo looked at the direction his brother Duo was pointing at. “STOP the carriage.”
 
When the vehicle finally came to a stop both brothers exited it and sprint towards the direction of the tree. There they find a child no older than 5 or 6 years old wrap protectively by the paw of a sleek black panther at the base of the tree. The boy was shirtless and snuggled up to the warmth the pelt of the panther provided.
 
“Solo, the panther is wrapped around the child.” Duo whispered to Solo. He could see the brown tuff of hair of the child. The child has no qualms of being around such a dangerous animal nor was he uncomfortable in the panther's embrace. In fact the child looked contented and happy with a thin smile gracing his lips.
 
The child was exotic looking with soft silky looking coffee brown hair, high cheek bones, pouty full lips and bronze flawless skin. Duo wondered what colour are his eyes. He was already enchanted by the child looks. The child moved and snuggled closer to the panther. Duo tried to move closer to the pair but stop in his tracks when the panther's eyes flew open and growled. The panther carefully lifted itself from the child without waking the sleeping figure. It carefully pace forward then crouched into an attack pose.
 
:: We mean you no harm. We were only curious when we saw you with the child :: Solo tried to explain to the Shini. It seemed to him the panther was protective of the child. It was best to not provoke it.
 
:: Leave us alone. Go back from where you came from. You will not lay a finger on my young one:: Shini sent back at the blonde human.
 
:: I only try to offer my help to you. I can offer you and the child shelter at my home. It is not safe wandering out here while carrying a child. :: Solo tried again. He could see that the panther was considering his offer.
 
:: My brother and I will not harm you or the child. We only wish to offer our assistance. ::
 
Shini stare at both the human standing before her and assess their aura. They did not project any ill intent nor were there any anxiety to look for her young one from them like she had sensed from previous human encounters. The two humans before her seemed genuinely want to help her young one and her. She had to make a decision whether to take the risk and trust the humans.
 
:: Please let us help you. :: Duo sent his thought to Shini.
 
Shini could read the sincerity behind the thought sent by the long hair boy. And allow them to finally approach her and her young one. Heero stir but did not wake when Solo picked him up and carry him to the carriage. Shini walked beside him throwing watchful glances at him and her young one. She was still wary of the two human's intentions but she did not sense any ill intent from them which allow her to trust them for now. Duo was ecstatic as he pranced on the other side of this brother. He was glad to be able to help the child in his brothers' arms. Somehow the child has enchanted him without even being aware or conscious. He was already captivated deeply with just one glance at the child. Some unknown power drew him to look at the direction of the tree when they were passing it on the journey home.
 
+++++++++
 
“Father did you summon us.” Three teenage looking young boys entered the room and after knocking on the door.
 
“Yes.” Lord Chang answered.
 
“Wufei, Quatre, Trowa. Heero has been missing since the last attempt to kidnap him. Shini carried him off into the outside world when he was injured. It has been a week since the incident and we have yet to find him.”
 
“Father, why were we not informed earlier? Heero is like a brother to us. We should have been informed of such things. How is the search progressing? Are there any leads. Is there any thing we can do to help?” Quatre started a string of questions.
 
“We thought we would have found Heero by now and did not want to worry you. But it seems now that things are getting out of hand. And no, the search is not going on too well. There are no traces of where Shini has whisk Heero off to.” Lord Winner answered his son.
 
“Shinigami is hiding from us. There have been a number of confrontations with the attackers in our search for Shinigami and Heero. There is also a report of a human found mauled till unrecognizable by a wild animal in the news. We think that it might have been Shinigami. We could only guess that human was causing Heero harm to get mangled like that. We also think Heero may have feed off the said human. The men I sent to look at the corpse found bite marks which may have been Heero's but it was hard to distinguish as Shinigami really out done herself with that human. It also seems in our search to look for them is driving her away from us. I want you all to help locate her and Heero. We must find them. Odin and Diane are worried sick for Heero. We must do all we can to bring Heero home to his parents.” Lord Barton continued.
 
“Of course, father. All of us care for little Heero. He is like a younger brother to us. We will do all we can to find him. I will immediately send Seth and Arms out to track them.” Trowa responded.
 
“And I will send Shenlong out as well. I believe you will send Sandrock, Quatre?” Wufei spoke up.
 
“Most certainly. Wufei.” replied Quatre
 
+++++++++
 
Duo eyed the still slumbering child. He swept the obscuring bangs from the child's eyes only to have it fall back into its original place. He looked at the panther and saw it watching his every move. /The panther was very protective of this child. /
 
:: May I know you name? :: Duo tried to inquire.
 
:: I am Shinigami. :: Shini answered the long haired boy who was stroking her young one's hair.
 
:: Shinigami? You mean The God of Death? :: A surprised Solo cut in the conversation.
 
:: I bring death to those who would dare harm my young one. :: was Shini's reply.
 
:: You have such a cool name. I'm Duo. Duo Maxwell and this is my brother Solo. :: Duo introduces himself and gestured to Solo as he introduces his brother.
 
:: Where are you heading Shinigami? :: Solo continued
 
:: Away from danger. There is evil after my young one. I must protect him. ::
 
:: I can offer you and your young one sanctuary Shinigami. My home is undetectable and cannot be seen unless I allow the person to see it. You can be safe there. :: offered Solo.
 
:: My home was also unseen by others and yet it was breached. Your home will not be safe. I must keep moving. :: Shini refused Solo's kind gesture.
 
:: My home is enchanted will centuries old magic Shinigami. Nothing can find us unless I allow them to, I assure you. It is not even on this plane of existence. The only ones who can open the portal to it are Duo and I. So I assure you no one will be able to find you while you stay with us. :: Solo elaborated to Shini.
 
:: Why are you offering me shelter? What do you want? :: Shini was suspicious of the blonde who is quite eager to help them. / They must want something in return. /
 
Duo attention was on the child vaguely aware of his surroundings. Then the child shift slightly. Duo watch in anticipation as the child stirs. He can hardly wait to look at the beautiful child in the eye. He had been trying hard to imagine the colour of the eyes which will accompany the beauty of his features. He simply couldn't think of any eye colour which could adorn such beauty. Then the magical moment arrive at last. Piercing Prussian blue eyes peak from below the lashes. The most mesmerizing blue eyes opened and look back at him. Duo was spellbound. The child's blue eyes had an intense, piercing look that was softened by dark, thick eyelashes. There was only one word to describe the child: - perfection.
 
 
TBC…