Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Road Not Taken ❯ Part X ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
ROAD NOT TAKEN


Disclaimer: Gundam Wing, I don't own it!


~*~*~

FRIDAY

A day had passed and there was still no word from Duo in regard to the strange Mueller character. Relena was growing anxious about the upcoming celebration. Her life could possibly be drawing to a close and there was so much that she hadn't accomplished, so many events in life that she will not be able to experience. Marriage. The pain of never celebrating the miracle of matrimony with the one she loves was almost unbearable. Tears welled up inside her body, yet, they never reached the surface. Relena has mastered repressing her emotions. She learned well.

"Heero? She breathed. Without further hesitation, she reached for her car keys and drove down to Preventers' Headquarters. Speeding down the freeway and running stop signs were not her regular pace in driving, however, she didn't have much in life to wait for other drivers.

With Relena's destination pinpointed in her mind, she marched right into the building, avoiding eye contact and any form of communication with anyone. Upon reaching the sublevel of basement 2B, and walking towards Cell XIII, two security guards stood and eyed their unexpected visited cautiously.

"Miss Darlian? I'm sorry, but this is a restricted area. You are not allowed into the vicinity." Instructed a guard with brown hair and deep green eyes. His physique was nowhere near the ideal build of a security guard but his face was frightening enough to send a pack of wolves running.

She raised her head defiantly into the air and responded, "I was given direct access from my own brother to meet Heero Yuy. If you have any problems, contact him but I'm warning you; he is in an extremely foul mood." Relena lied wholeheartedly, hoping her act would go unnoticed.

Both security guards stared at each other, not sure how to proceed with this situation.

"Very well, you have twenty minutes." Answered the other guard, slimmer in build and appearance. The metal encased doorframe hissed as it opened for Relena to walk through. Walking down a long corridor and through several doors, she finally reached her destination.

A steel door was the only barrier left between her and Heero. She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes. With trembling hands, she reached for the knob and turned with one full swing.

~*~*~

Sanchez began to panic when he couldn't locate Relena anywhere in the house. He couldn't lose her...not when he was so close to the end. As much as he despised the brother, he needed to contact him and report Relena's disappearance.

Once Sanchez phoned Milliardo, the lieutenant demanded a quick meeting in regards to the current situation and how everything stands for Saturday night. The four Gundam Pilots appeared, followed by Sanchez and a new character in which they have never seen before.

"Gentlemen, here's the situation: Relena's missing, last spotted 09:00 at the Peacecraft Mansion." Zechs began, standing at the head of the long table.

"I suggest we include more personal guards for Miss Darlian." Replied Sanchez, looking at the individual he brought in with him. Duo immediately disliked the man the moment he stepped into the conference. The man wore a disproving visage and grabbed onto his right shoulder as if in pain. He possessed the same blond hair as Quatre's but more scattered and uneven about his head. "Allow me to introduce Marcus Muel..." he trailed off and then continued more carefully this time, "Marcus Mullen. Mr. Peacecraft, I believe with an extra hand and intuitive skills, we will be able to ensure Relena's safety tomorrow night."

From Sanchez's comment, the former Gundam pilots raised their eyebrows and sent messages to each other, emitting the same thought: "Relena's nothing but dead in the hands of those two."

Duo stood abruptly and hollered, "Relena's far better off if she's with us, Zechs."

"Enough!" He commanded, raising a hand to chest level. "You are implying that we have a woman to protect tomorrow. However, we do not even know where Relena is at the moment, now do we?"

Silence was his only response. "If the assailant has her by now, there may be no chance of ever finding her again." Zechs said quietly.

"He doesn't have her yet." Trowa added, staring at Sanchez attentively.

"Where's the proof Barton?" Sanchez interjected, annoyed.

"Zechs, I am sure Relena is out getting ready for tomorrow's event. After all, she did call us last day. She's perfectly safe." Quatre answered.

"I'll believe it when I see it," was all Zechs said before he departed from the room and descended the stairs to his office.

TBC...