Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Sabotage Backfire: An Apartment? ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sabotage Backfire... An Apartment?
By Andrea Sinisterra
PG-13
Humor/Romance
Standard Disclaimers Apply

Author's note: So sorry for the delay... you know, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas... Cali is a busy lady...*hangs head* Thank you to all those who have reviewed my story, on BI, the mailing lists and on FF.net. I really, really appreciate it. And I know I've already said this... but just for self-preservation, thank you to Caliborn, who read and beta'ed my story. This girl is priceless; her ideas and suggestions are amazing, and her humor and personality, unique. Thank you, hon!!



***


Dee Dee: "Hey, now, that's not very nice!"
Mandark: "No, but giving candy to little girls and monkeys so they can keep a secret, is. Now, don't mind me while I sabotage your brother's car."

- From Dexter's Lab.



Part 3


There is a moment in every man's life when things just snap. Becoming Head Security of Relena's administration had started out as a hobby, something in which he could spend his time. This hobby provided him with something to do, a steady job, and, admittedly, some action in this post-war life. It was amazing how someone like Relena could attract and receive so many threats, although she has proven that she has a very strong and bold backbone. But, now there was the fact that someone was probably being assigned to his former duties.

So now he had to come up with solutions to his dilemmas. After some thought, and a lot of considering, he'd come up with three specific ones:

*Dilemma #1: How to deal with Milliardo? His overprotective attitude was really getting on Heero's nerves. Somehow, he suspected Milliardo's intrusion would give him some major problems if he didn't act fast, because for every sabotage attempt, Milliardo would have a counterattack. Just a moment ago when he had driven to the building in a rush, leaving half angry, half amused from Lady Une's office, he'd found Milliardo already there. The older man had known he was there, and Heero knew Zechs knew of his presence. And to make matters worse, he'd taken Relena out for lunch. It was a hilarious subject to Heero, actually. To say that Milliardo had never wanted anything to do with his sister's life, and now he was acting the part of the overprotective, loving brother? Please, give me a fucking break!

*Dilemma #2: How to approach Relena without having Lady Une or some other Preventer jumping in his way? This was not so difficult to avoid. He had his ways, plus he had meticulously designed her security system. He knew the ways in, as well as the ways out. Getting into the Manor would prove no challenge. The catch was... If she did find a place, and she moved out, who would design her system? And then how would he get in without being detected? Although, if he was truthful, he could hack any system, any day.

*Dilemma #3: How to get her to move in with him? Now, with this he had spent a few hours wracking his brains. Aside from Dilemma #1, how would he convince her to move in with him? Somehow, telling her his justified reasons made him a little too uncomfortable. There had to be a way to get Milliardo off his back, go behind Lady Une, and get to Relena. And what will I do when I get to her? Grab her and shove her into the trunk of the car? Even though the image of that thought made him smile, it provided no actual solution. Mostly because lately she has begun to retaliate; while before she had remained silent, and just nodded in agreement to all his suggestions and orders, now she possessed this fiery will.

So that left Dilemma #3 inconclusive. And Dilemma #1, too... sort of. There has to be a way. Suddenly, the flashing light bulb everyone talks so much about lit up above his head. But then Dilemma #1 would become a huge issue. Heero sighed, tired of this whole mess one stubborn girl had riled up. So maybe having her move in with him would prove to be a riot. But, and here he almost patted his own back with satisfaction, what if he turned the board around? What if it were he the one to move in with her?

*Circumstances analysis : Let the situation flow, let her do whatever she wants, and jump in at the last possible moment. Move in with her. Right now, she's looking for places; Dilemma #1 would present a problem, and much more, Dilemma #2 could prove to be a pain in the royal ass if he were to accomplish his original goal of having Relena move in with him.

*Benefits & Advantages : Well, first of all, she would finally get what she wanted: she would finally get to move out of the Manor and "be on her own." Her security would not be as threatened if he moved in with her, he would finally get the upper hand with Milliardo, and he could finally make a move on-- He'd better not go there... yet.

*Difficulties at task : Relena, naturally; the media, they would definitely camp out in the lobby; and Dilemma #1, nonetheless. But the major, most annoying problem would be headed by the prior stated, Dilemma #2. Lady Une will surely eat him alive. He sighed.

*Tentative & Possible Solutions : Name: Lucrezia Noin Peacecraft.



~ ~ ~

Relena had just had one of the best days of her entire life. She made a mental note to thank Lucrezia. It was funny, actually, how some words from such a nice woman could coerce a man like Milliardo. She just wished she were that woman in Heero Yuy's life. You are so pathetic, Relena. Lucrezia must be really persuasive when she was intent on something. It had been nice, for Relena, to be talking to her brother about something else besides politics and social nonsense. Relena briefly wondered what had Lucrezia told her brother to make him approach her.

They had spent more than 4 hours together before she finally convinced him to try out her baklava, and then they finally reached home, laughing and totally comfortable with each other... When they stopped dead in their tracks before colliding with Heero. There was something a little unnerving about his aloof stance and slightly cold eyes that had Relena fidgeting under his intense gaze.

Milliardo's voice snapped her out of her hypnosis, the cold and anger resounding in his every word. "What are you doing here, Yuy? Last thing I heard, you were being relieved of your current duties."

Relena started at his mocking tone, shocked by the news. But before she could say anything, Heero spoke, his voice equally cold and detached. "Hn. The fact that Une told you makes no relevance. I am here to speak with someone, and it's none of your business."

"You stepping foot in this house automatically makes it my business."

"Guys, stop it. You two are really acting like a pair of kids fighting over a Popsicle. It's ridiculous." Lucrezia's smile was small, but the mirth in her eyes made up for it. "Sorry for keeping you waiting, Heero. Come; let's talk back in the study. If you'll excuse us." And she left, not before winking at Relena over her shoulder.

"What business do you have with my wife?"

Heero snorted, turning to follow Lucrezia, "You know, having that stapler made you look really stupid... you have actually surpassed yourself. Congrats."

There was a silence following Heero's footsteps, before Relena spoke for the first time, her tone bewildered. "What stapler?" She shook her head, frowning at her brother. "What is going on?"

"I have no idea. But that man is up to no good."

Relena rolled her eyes. "Really, Milliardo, why are you two always fighting?"

Milliardo sighed, taking her coat and hanging it up before moving into the house. "That man annoys me."

Relena laughed despite herself. "Everything annoys you." She sobered, her smile fading away as her eyes settled heavily on his. "You feel threatened," she stated with certainty, her voice slightly amused.

"Please," he snorted, "be serious."

She smiled, taking a seat in one of the antique love seats in the living room. "I am being serious, Milliardo. I find it very amusing, actually. I am sorry to be blunt with you, but I need to tell you the truth: Nothing has happened. I have not slept with that man. And in all honesty, I don't see it happening."

Milliardo's eyes were wide in their shock, but she continued, lest he interrupt her. "I know it angers you; I can read you so easily. But I love this man. I really do." She sighed. "It's really funny how I've been in love for so long now, and he has no idea."

He said nothing, arms crossed over his chest, as he stood looking out a window.

"What's wrong with him?" She stopped, and he could clearly make out the tears in her voice. "What's wrong with me?"

He sighed. "Nothing's wrong with you, Relena."

"Then why-- why doesn't he love me back? Doesn't he know? Can't he tell?"

Milliardo walked to where she was sitting, and gently gathered her in his arms.

For a moment, she stiffened, before relaxing into the unexpected, yet warm embrace. "Sometimes I hate him. Just like sometimes I thought I hated you."

"Ouch."

Relena laughed, wiping away her tears with the back of her hands. "It's not hate. It's more like... frustration."

He sighed, again. "There's nothing I can do, except... I won't get in your way.... But if he dares hurt you, I will hunt him till the end of the world and have his head as a trophy!"

Relena just laughed, and hugged him harder.

~ ~ ~

"You know I should not be doing this."

Heero shrugged noncommittally. "I know."

"You know she's like my sister."

"I know." He nodded this time.

Lucrezia pressed her lips tightly, trying to keep her smile hidden. "You know I'm going to help you."

Heero smiled, "I know that, too."

"I can speak to Lady Une, although I warn you, she's a very stubborn woman. I cannot promise to get her to consent this." Lucrezia wrote something on the black agenda on her desk. "And Milliardo, well, just leave that to me. Are you sure this is wise?"

"I don't know how wise this is, I only know that it's time. I've wasted too much of it to have the luxury to continue like this."

"When Relena finds out the plan she's been subjected to... she'll kill me... but not before killing you first." Lucrezia laughed for a moment, before covering her mouth with her hand. "I can't believe you went to all those extremes! You could have killed someone."

Heero smiled as he walked to the door. "It was Duo's ideas. Mine... let's just say there would have been no place left to visit." Then he closed the door behind him.

So now everything was spinning smoothly. He was amazed how all was solved through one woman alone. Dilemma #1 and #2 were solved and scratched. That would only leave him Dilemma #3. He sighed. He was pretty much certain she would choose Le Songerie.

He smiled, pleased with himself.

~ ~ ~

Everything was going according to plan. He had let everything flow by itself, sticking to his original plan of waiting until the last moment and then jumping into action. There was one problem, though: In the following three weeks of their lunch, Relena and Milliardo had gotten close, and there hasn't been one opportune moment for Heero to talk to her. But as predicted, she had chosen Le Songerie, and getting her moved in completely would only require another day of waiting. He would have to wait for nightfall to talk to her.

In the meantime he would create a plan of action; how effective it would be, he did not know. But, still, it would more or less give him an idea of how to proceed. He could do that to pass time, while he sat waiting for her to retire for the night.

Mission Objectives:
General objective : Move in with her.
Specific objective : Convince her to let him move in; justify his reasons.

Mission Procedures:
Phase one : Infiltrate her room.
Phase two : Gain the upper hand.
Phase three : Convince her in order to accomplish objectives.

Mission Instruments :
Glibness : Say anything and everything to become a Romeo.
Corporal persuasion : Use her feelings to his advantage. Be sensual if needs be to get her to accept to his proposal.

Mission Side-Note :
Look out for Pagan, he tends to be sneaky.

He made a stop by her new house first-- hopefully he would be making himself home when tomorrow finally rolled around-- before making his way to the Manor. When he finally parked his truck a little away from the mansion, he could feel his hands start to sweat. Heero reviewed the plan in his head, rapidly going over the possible and existing ways to enter the house without being detected. To his utter annoyance, it was starting to rain; if he didn't make it fast, he would be soaked by the time he reached her bedroom.

Quickly, he made his way to the side garden and to her balcony; knowing that woman and her null self preservations instincts, the sliding crystal doors would be unlocked. What he didn't expect was the dark figure waiting at the bottom of said balcony. The man uncrossed his arms, stepping into the moonlight.

Trowa Barton smirked at him.

So much for not getting wet. "What are you doing here?"

Trowa made his way around Heero, like a wild cat would surround its prey. "I'm her bodyguard. I should shoot you, you know."

Heero snorted, deeply amused. "I would like to see you try."

They assessed each other with weary eyes, their hair already sticking to their heads by the rain. They waited some more in silence, the pounding increasing as it rained harder, until they finally snapped. Trowa smiled lightly, his tone mocking as he again crossed his arms over his chest. "I see you've finally made up your mind."

Heero glared; annoyed that Trowa knew his plans. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Playing dumb doesn't suit you. You came to meet with her, am I right?"

"No." He smiled, backing up a few steps. "She doesn't know."

Trowa's smile grew; he even seemed a little too pleased with the new info. "The old one is wandering around. Be careful."

The 'Old One' being Pagan, he suspected. Heero nodded his thanks, while shaking hands with the green-eyed man. "I think it would be safe if you took the rest of the night off."

"I suspect that if I take the entire day off, nobody would notice." Trowa taunted, before disappearing into the shadows.

~ ~ ~

She hated rain. Rain meant thunder. Thunder meant lightning, and she hated that. Relena had been in a blissful cloud ever since that lunch. Her brother had been loving and attentive. All those things she had taken for granted. Surprisingly, he hadn't mentioned anything related to work; she had no idea if the office was till standing or if he had blown it up. And frankly, she couldn't care less. They had talked about Heero and her feelings towards him, and amazingly enough, Milliardo had been very understanding. And more amazing was that she had stopped hoping for something beyond what was real where Heero was concerned.

Her brother was right; she would gain nothing if she kept wasting her time on someone who didn't even have the slightest idea of what love was. Of course, Milliardo had also suggested joining a convent. She had promptly smacked him upside the head. Smartass.

Relena fingered the silky texture of her nightgown. Maybe I should start dating other men. Forgetting Heero, according to Lady Une, was the smartest thing to do. I suspect that is why she assigned Trowa instead as my new bodyguard. On the other hand, according to Lu, being bold would give her the answers she wanted. Could she be daring? Would she? Make a move on him. She would have laughed at herself had the door to her balcony not slid open.

She was about to scream for help, when the familiar figure of Heero Yuy stepped into her room, soaked to the bone. She almost choked on her tongue. Had she called him with her thoughts? Most likely.

They kept looking at each other; his eyes seemed much darker; so dark, she could not discern any blue in them. He started to move, and for every step forward, she took one back.

Phase one: success.

He finally stopped, a perplexed frown on his brows. "Are you afraid of me?"

Relena pressed a finger to her lips before replying, "I'm not afraid of you."

He regarded her for a moment, and then started forward again. And this time, she stood her ground. When he was only a breath away from her, he stopped, reaching out to grasp her hand. But she remained aloof. He briefly wondered if Milliardo had told her something. She was not acting like herself.

His hand traveled up her arm, before loosing it in her hair. Relena fought against her body's reactions, trying to keep her eyes from closing, and her head from leaning into his hand. She would not last longer, and she suspected he was going to kiss her. What has caused this change in him? He's definitely not acting like himself.

Be strong, Relena! "Why are you here?"

Heero sighed regretfully, trying to ignore the short distance between their bodies, and focus on her words. "We have to talk."

Relena narrowed her eyes, obviously not trusting what he had to say. "I'm listening."

Ask nicely. "I'm moving in with you," he snapped, his voice a little too harsh, hand retracting from her hair.

She said nothing, her eyes not telling anything, either. He was about to prompt her to answer him when she started to speak. "I beg your pardon?"

"I want to move in with you."

Relena blinked, her mouth opening and closing several times before she uttered something. "I think you better leave."

"Don't change the subject."

Her eyes narrowed dangerously. "I don't even know what the subject is!!"

Heero sighed, reaching for her, grasping her wrist forcefully, but still gentle when she pulled back. "It's better if you take a seat." He waited for her to sit on the bed, her eyes uncertain and a little weary as they regarded him. Her hands were clasped together tightly, her knuckles turning white. He would have to be honest.

Relena waited for him to speak, almost smiling at his troubled expression. She waited some more, and when she saw him sigh, she started glaring. "Well, if you have nothing to say, it's better you leave, before I call my brother... and Pagan."

Heero looked at everything but her. She really was just an innocent girl. Just an innocent girl would sit like that -wearing that- and still remain oblivious... Phase two: success. He finally settled on her eyes. They were dark and slightly narrowed. He took a breath.

"I've been thinking about this whole problem-"

"What problem?"

"This." He motioned with his arms. "Ever since you decided to move out, everything's been a mess."

Relena barked a laugh that startled him with its abruptness. Her tone was sarcastic, her eyes narrowed to slits as she stood, pressing her finger into his chest with her every word. "Everything's been a mess?! Since when do you care, huh?" She pushed him roughly, her hands held in tight fists. "You have no right, Heero. Who the hell do you think you are, telling me what to do?!"

Mission status:
Phase one: Success
Phase two: In deep shit
Phase three: What phase three?!


He stumbled back, slightly surprised by the force and anger behind the shove. Heero sighed. "Relena. Look, things have been getting out of control."

When he saw her eyes, he knew he would forever regret those last few words.

Her eyes turned from angry to startled, her mouth falling open in surprise. "Out of...?" Then it hit her full force. "You!?"

Change of plans. In these occasions, it was safer to just play dumb. He almost nodded to himself. "What?"

Relena's eyes had narrowed to such a degree that they were almost closed. "Don't act stupid, because you're not!" she hissed, her tone deathly serious. "I want to know the truth... were you behind all this?"

Heero's eyes were blank, but Relena almost smiled when his Adam's apple bobbed with his nervous gulp. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Relena chuckled deeply, shaking her head in amusement.

Then she gasped in surprise, her eyes swinging to his, her body almost recoiling back when his hands closed on her shoulders, his breath fanning her face.

But before she could react, he had locked their lips together. Unwillingly, a moan escaped from her throat, her body going numb for a moment or two, before it seemed to just melt, unconsciously fitting against his. She shuddered as his hand sneaked behind her, further pressing her body into his with a hand to the small of her back. Her arms wound around his neck the moment his lips left hers to delve into her throat. Relena sighed with pleasure, letting her head fall back to give him more access.

"I was going to ask you to move in with me," he murmured, his lips trailing over the ivory of her neck. He nipped the skin slightly, delighted in her shudder. "But, I know you really want to do this."

She said nothing, her mind absent from the room.

"And I've been thinking," his hand threaded into her hair, running its fingers along its entire length, "it's perfect. I could easily protect you."

She could clearly feel his cold, rain drenched body through the thin material of her nightgown; the rough material of his jeans, the sharp bite of his belt buckle, the slight prickling of his shirt buttons against her measly covered chest... I want him.

She pushed against his chest.

Her breathing was harsh, her chest heaving, her hair mussed, and her lips swollen. To Heero, she had never looked more beautiful. "What's wrong?"

Relena tried to catch her breath, pressing a hand to her furiously beating heart. "What's wrong?!" Her voice was almost hysterical, and her eyes wild with disdain. "Get out! You mean to get into my room, and just--" she pursed her lips together, out of words.

His eyes narrowed in response.

"I have a bodyguard already. Trowa is more than capable of handling this."

"Relena, I really don't see the problem. Stop being such a kid! I'm going to move in with you, and that's the end of this discussion!"

And just when she was about to snap at him, a soft noise brought their heads to the door.

Pagan delicately cleared his throat. The old man smiled, but rather than sweet, the expression was... upsetting. More upsetting, though, was the spatula he kept slapping against the palm of his hand. "You were saying, Mr. Yuy?"


To be continued...


Author's note: Was this confusing?? I'll finish this in the next part. Maybe I'll write an epilogue.... Let's see how this... ends... Mwahahaha...!!! *ahem*