Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Seventh Heaven ❯ Persecute Heero Day ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Persecute Heero Day
Series: Seventh Heaven
Author: Sorceress Fantasia
Pairings: 1+2, implied 6+9
Warnings: Heero POV, AU (our time)
Archive: Lev's Lair
Fanfiction.net
MediaMiner
Disclaimer: I don't own anything but the story. GW and all the brands mentioned here belong to whomever they belong to. Thank you for paying attention. ^o^
Thanks to Dark Tenchi for beta-ing!

10th March, 2003. I officially declare that this is the day my PhD, better known as 'Persecute Heero Day', arrives.

Maybe persecute is too harsh, but I'm nearly at a loss for words after all that has happened. If I'm supposed to be more positive about life, I guess I could say 'Pamper Heero Day'. Yeah, sure. Fate pampers me in the most special of ways that is so unique that I think I'm the only one that gets the treatment. I feel sooo privileged.

It all started this morning, when I got off the wrong side of the bed. Literally. I stepped on a misplaced book, slid off, nearly did a split, and fell flat on my butt. That book must have slipped from my hands last night when I fell asleep while reading it. So that, I accept. I was careless. But I cannot believe my carelessness when I brushed my teeth. I mean, I know I'm not a morning person, but that is just too much! I actually didn't notice that Hirde had changed my toothpaste to wasabi, and I nearly choked to death! Damn, but that thing is just too spicy in a choking way. Breakfast was another disaster in itself. I lost a dozen eggs, a plate and a bottle of honey syrup. Not to mention the chore of having to get the pancake batter cleaned up.

And that was just at home.

To add insult to injury, I missed my bus by a mere second. It's not that I'm in a hurry or anything; I just like waiting as much as I like riding in Relena's pink monstrosity. I know that car is expensive; I know that car is posh, but I've had enough of people looking at me like I'm Ken going to one of Barbie's dollhouses.

When the bus finally arrived, and just as I was about to board it, I finally noticed that my wallet was not where it was supposed to be. My mind reminded me that my wallet was still blissfully sitting on my nightstand.

Salt is nice when you're flavouring your food. Salt is not nice when it's rubbed into your injuries.

My home-alone wallet was the reason why I trudged back to my apartment in a hot temper. The damn thing had better be worth it.

Twenty minutes later, I found myself back in line waiting for the bus. In one piece, I'm glad to say. You wouldn't believe what happened to me back home. By the way things were going, I wouldn't be surprised if Max, the dog next door [1], rushed up and bit me in my foot, had the door been opened. By the way, my bus ran off a second before I arrived… again. Man, I'm starting to think I should have just stayed in bed today.

Anyway, just in case you're wondering what the hell am I torturing myself by waking up, I have a game of King of Fighters to finish with Trowa and Zechs. But from the way things have been going, I think I can say with certainty that I will get my ass kicked to hell and back.

I can almost roll my eyes at the way I'm gonna spend my day.

Sometimes, I think that I really don't have a life. I mean, during term time, I finish my school assignments way before the deadline, seldom got into trouble with the teachers, and go home after a trip to the school's gym. At home, I cook, I wash, I iron, I vacuum, I dust… the one thing I don't do is laundry, because Hirde does that. My social life seems to only consist of hammering on the controller of Quatre's game consoles, a few games of pool or bowling… I don't think there's anything much past that.

What is it with me, anyway? I thought people my age are supposed to be rebellious.

The only thing I really like about having 'no life' is that I get to see people like Zechs rushing around like a chicken with its head cut off while he flits from girl to girl, looking for help to finish his assignments and meet the deadline. Unfortunately, every since Zechs hooked up with Noin, that situation has changed drastically. Well, not *that* drastically. The 'flit from girl to girl' part is, of course, no longer in use, but that part where he rushes around like a headless chicken still happens from time to time.

But really, my main point is that, I don't seem to have a life. At least, that's what the other guys keep telling me. And they have, been 'rectifying' the problem. They've tried dragging me into disco pubs, which they eventually gave up when all I did there was to sit and rot at the couches. The music's too loud anyway. Actually, they tried quite a few other things, but the worst was when they set me up for blind dates.

I think Quatre was just jumping at the opportunity to baby someone, even if that someone is me. But I guess I can't blame him; he's never had a chance to look after someone since his 29 sisters do enough of that for him. Just what were his parents thinking when they had all those children? Extinction of the human race because of a huge decline in world population?

Geez.

I think my brain cells would have continued running on treadmills so that could keep up with my thoughts when the damn bus finally arrives. Without hesitation, I climb aboard. Immediately, I feel that something is out of place. This bus shouldn't be so empty at this time slot… But I'm too tired to care, and I just slide into an empty seat at the back.

Of course, fate just does not like dealing me break. Even on a bus, things can still go terribly wrong. For instance, at the junction, instead of going straight, it turned left.

"What the-?" I splutter. Yeah sure, so a black cat might have crossed my path this morning, or I could have walked under the ladder, but my luck today is just unbelievable.

"You haven't taken this bus in a very long time now, have you?"

I turn. The woman sitting behind me has this most irksome smirk sticking to her face, her eyes twinkling like she knows what's going on. Well, she probably does, but it doesn't stop me from wanting to wipe that grin off.

"Haven't in a while."

"Aa… That's probably why you don't know that this bus has just changed its route a couple days ago. [2]"

Fate just loves me, I guess. But at least I'm not the only one. From the woman's tone, I must be the latest unfortunately ill-informed commuter.

I stay seated, at least until the next bus stop. In the mean time, I dig out my cell phone from my pocket and make a call to Quatre's. He'll get all worried because I'm late, and then the rest of the guys will start getting worried for him. I don't want to suffer through another bout of Trowa's silent glares. The ones I got the other day are enough to sustain me for quite a bit.

"Zechs?"

"Heero? Where are you? It's already 2pm. Are you coming or not?"

"I got on the wrong bus. Give me another half an hour at the very least." Well, that isn't the exact reason, but much shorter to say than the real one. So that's it. I got on the wrong bus. Period.

"Wrong bus? God Heero, did you forget your glasses?"

"Well, you forgot to loan me yours, Zechs." I retorted, smirking. The blonde peacock hates to be reminded that he hasn't got perfect vision, like me.

"I don't wear glasses."

"You wear contact lenses."

I think that if it isn't for the fact that the bus has pulled over, the banter will never see an end. But the main reason isn't because of the bus stopping. Rather, I mutter a curt apology to Zechs, telling him that I'm not going over and that I'll give them a treat sometime soon because of a certain someone boarding the bus.

Mars comes up, headphones covering his ears, and he takes the seat near the front.

I smile. Maybe fate does like to pamper me. In a good way too.

-owari-


Sorceress Fantasia @ 11th March 2003


[1]: I'm not kidding; my neighbour's dog is really called Max. He's a cute little thing… when he's not barking like crazy, that is.
[2]: This has happened to me before, and I would have gotten lost had the bus not eventually turned back to a familiar district. ^_^;;