Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Shoe Shine ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Shoe Shine pro/?

Author: DamnVespa

Pairings: 1x2x1, and others

Category: AU

Archives: 1x2ml, DHML, Mediaminer.org, Gundam Wing Universe

Note: This is going to be a happy one…with some angst…

Warnings: None.

Disclaimer: I only own the story but I don't own anything else…*sighs*

5:59 am

The room was peacefully quiet. Dawn's light, well as closed to dawn's light you could get on a colony, seeped through the curtains. A lump was huddled on the middle of the bed in the center of the room. You could hear light snores coming from the mound of covers.

6:00 am

The alarm clock on the nightstand blared loudly disturbing the peaceful quiet. A hand reached out from beneath the pile of covers and slammed the button to turn it off. The arm quickly retreated and the mound of covers moved. Soon after a head popped out. Hair sat messily atop its head. Then two eyes opened, a deep blue almost violet color could be seen. The person blinked and blearily looked at the clock. A pale arm came out of the covers pushing the covers down to the person's waist. A pale chest is uncovered, revealing not only is the person male but very trim and naked. The muscles rippled as the man reached over to the alarm clock and brought it forward to his face. He sighed when he read the time and slowly moved to get up.

He sluggishly moved out of his room and to the bathroom. After he stumbled into the bathroom he started the shower. He stepped out of the shower much more awake and jovial than when he went in. He fixed his hair in a braid then leaned in close to the mirror to see if he needed to shave. Once he assessed that he didn't need one, he wrapped a towel around his waist and walked back into his room. He whistled a jaunty tune as he got dressed, he checked his appearance one more time then winked into the mirror before heading to the kitchen.

Duo made himself a small breakfast of toast and juice. Once he was done with breakfast he grabbed his keys from the hook hanging by the door. Then leaned down to grab his bag setting next to the door. When he had everything, he opened the door and left the apartment.

He walked slowly down the streets of L2. Past the beggars and the lower class merchants. He walked further and further down the streets until he was in the business district. He sighed in relief when he found his chair and platform still on the sidewalk next to the Winner Inc. building. He proceeded to get his stuff that he needed for his job out. Once he had everything arranged he stood and placed a white cloth over his shoulder. He went behind the platform and chair and grabbed the sign leaning against the wall. He dragged the sign out and set it so that anyone walking down the street could see it. The sign read:

`SHOE SHINE……$10'

Duo then sat down on his box seat and waited. Soon businessmen started walking down the street all heading to work. A couple of businessmen, hoping to impress their bosses, stopped to get their shoes shined. Others didn't particularly need one but they liked the young man and stopped by to have their shoe shined by him.

Duo talked jovially to them while shining their shoes. Sharing jokes and anecdotes with them until they were laughing so hard tears streamed down their face.

He had started this job because he needed the extra cash to help pay for his dingy apartment. He never thought much about his life or where it was leading him. He just did his job and that was it. Until the fateful day when he met him. The man who would turn his life upside down.

TBC

Did you like?