Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Shoe Shine ❯ Pt. 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Shoe Shine pt. 1/?

Author: DamnVespa

Pairings: 1x2x1, and others

Category: AU

Note: This is going to be a happy one…with minor minor angst…

Warnings: None.

Disclaimer: I only own the story but I don't own anything else…*sighs*

Heero grumbled as he walked down the street towards the building he worked in. As usual he got up at 6 am and nothing seemed to be wrong until he stepped out of bed. That was when everything went wrong. He had accidentally stepped on his ex-boyfriend's dog. His ex-boyfriend, Zechs, had left him here when he stormed out in an angry blur. Now he was stuck caring for the thing, even though he had to admit that he was gradually starting to care for it.

He dressed and got ready for work without too much trouble. But when he got to the elevator he found that the elevator was broken. Heero sighed and walked down the 13 flights of stairs until he got to the lobby of his building. He lived in an expensive Apartment complex which had a garage right outside for the people living there. He walked into the three story garage and found his car. He put his key in and turned the ignition but it didn't start. He tried several times but nothing happened. He banged his hand on the steering wheel and grabbed his briefcase. He then swung the door open and then slammed it shut. He stomped his way back to the lobby to get a tow truck. He had the people at the front desk take care of it and went outside to hail a taxi.

"At least it's not raining," He grumbled. He winced and waited for rain to pour but nothing happened and he sighed in relief. He raised his hand and tried to hail a cab and finally he got one. He had to tell the cab driver three times where he wanted to go but he was finally on his way. He soon found out that taking a cab was a bad idea. He held on to the seat in front of him for dear life as the driver weaved through the streets. When he neared his destination he forcefully asked the cab driver to stop. He stopped his car and got out as fast as he could. He leaned in and paid the driver the money and walked his way to work. He just hoped nothing else bad happened today or he would kill something.

He walked down the street in a hurry. As he rushed he saw a boy his age standing in his path. He looked to be poor or at least of a man of very low means. His clothes were a little tattered and torn but clean. His hair went down to his waist and was tied into a braid. Heero looked at his face and almost gasped, the boy was beautiful. He shook his head a little, he didn't have time to ogle the boy. He needed to get to work.


Duo stood looking out over the businessmen running to get to work on time. He hoped more of them would stop by to get a shine. When he looked down the street he saw a god walking towards him. A boy around his age in a fitted Navy suit. He had messy brown hair that looked like someone had ran his hand through it. The bangs swayed in the slight breeze and would momentarily cover the deep piercing blue eyes. Duo shivered as those eyes landed on him. Duo smiled widely. As the man got close to him he stepped into his path. The other man stopped and glared at Duo but Duo didn't pay it any mind, "Do you need a shoe shine, sir? It won't take up much of your time, I swear."

"No thanks." Heero growled and tried to get by the youth. But Duo moved around him and started talking again, "Are you sure? As I said, it won't take long, I promise. And if you don't like how it looks I'll give you a full refund. I promise. So what do you say, do you want a shine?"

Heero growled, "I said NO."

"Alright, you don't have to be so mean about it." Duo said while moving out of the guy's way.

Heero growled to himself and stalked towards the building he worked in. It seemed everyone was out to make him late for work. He kind of felt bad for being so rude but didn't have time to reflect on it, he was late for work.

Duo scowled at the man's back. Even though he was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen, he was as cold as ice. He decided not to let that guy get to him and went back to work. He had just finished a shine and was counting the money when someone behind him said, "Hello Duo."

Duo turned around instantly and smiled widely at the blond man.

"Quatre!" Duo said happily, "How are you?"

"I'm good." Quatre sat down in the chair and Duo got to work. "How are you?"

"I'm good. Work has been good today. Well all except one person. He was really crabby."

"I'm sorry Duo. Maybe he was having a bad day."

"Maybe. So how's the family?"

They continued their conversation while Duo shined Quatre's shoes. Quatre came by every day to get his shoes shined by Duo, even though he didn't have to. Duo suspected that Quatre got purposefully got his shoes dirty just to stop by and pay Duo a visit. Quatre had been his first customer and they had hit it off and had become friends. Well more like business friends than actual friends.

Quatre stood from the chair and inspected his shoes, "Great as usual Duo. Thank you."

"No problem, Quatre."

"Well I better get off to work. See you later Duo." Quatre shoved a bill into Duo's hands then hurried off.

Duo looked down at the bills in his hands and sighed, "He did it again, sneaky little bastard."

"Talking to yourself again, Maxwell."

"Nope, but I bet you have, Wufei."

"Maxwell! I'm here for a shoe shine, now get on with it."

"Yes, sir." Duo mock saluted. He folded the hundred-dollar bill Quatre had handed him and put it into his pocket. Then got to work shining Wufei's shoes and bantering with him as he read the paper.

TBC