Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ SIGHTSEEING ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

So! We meet again! This is not not only inspired by Ghost Whisperer, but also by Crossing Over (with the medium John Edwards) In this chapter we find out who the narrator in the first chapter is! Whoo!
 
 
 
SIGHTSEEING
 
Chapter Two:
 
Heero nodded, once again looking into the backseat, “Yes. There are three.” Duo looked somewhat panicked, after all, finding out you had three imaginary people following you day in and day out was some shocking news, almost as shocking as the news that the boy with drab brown hair, Asian features and intense, piercing, striking blue eyes could see them. And don't forget the pocket protector.
 
“Could you… uh, I don't know… tell me their names?” Duo continued to glance back, a surprised look on his face. “Can't you see them?” was the response he garnered. Okay, that wasn't helping. Obviously the weird new kid thought he wasn't weird. Apparently everybody at his old school had imaginary people following them. “Uh. No. I can't, in fact, I don't think anyone can.” Heero let out a huff, sending a glare over Duo's way, which the other boy pointedly ignored. “Well… there's a girl. She has short dark hair… she says her name begins with an `H'.”
 
Duo opened his mouth to say something (he was probably going to point out that he didn't know anyone that was a girl, had short dark hair and said her name started with `H'.) but stopped, “W-wait, you can talk to them?”
 
By this time, Duo was pulling into the driveway of a quaint two-story bungalow; Heero wondered where the white picket fence was. “Come on, we'll talk inside.”
 
With one more glance to the back seat, and after that, the roof, Heero and Duo made their way to the door of Duo's home.
 
--
 
“Now there are only two. The old man stayed with the car.” Duo groaned and rubbed his face, “Okay… so you can talk to them, or you can't?”
 
Heero went on to explain that although he couldn't really talk to them they had a way of communicating with him. Some things were just transmitted, like through a bond. He saw the people as if they were solid, but, as he had just found out because Duo had told him, obviously no one else could see them. Of course, this made things a little bit more difficult.
 
“So there's a girl with short dark hair who's name starts with an `H'… and then, what else?” Duo asked, after everything was over and done with. Unfortunately, now he was curious, and therefore, had to keep asking questions. He wanted to know why these `people' were following him, who they were and how the heck he could get rid of them.
 
“Yes. The old man in the car is… an old man. He's tied to the car for a reason, I suppose… and the boy on the roof is young, maybe only 12 or so… he says he likes your name.” Heero cocked his head to the side, “Like I said before, he's the one that always trips you.”
 
Duo groaned in frustration, “This isn't getting me anywhere!” He grabbed his phone and dialed a number, seemingly by heart and had a short conversation with the person on the other line.
 
“My friend is coming over, is that okay? He's a bit more experienced in uh, matters like these…”
 
Heero shrugged noncommittally, not really caring in the least.
 
--
 
So now Duo was calling me over to his place. Sometimes I really don't understand that boy. He had told me on the phone that Heero was there. The new boy. At Duo's. I don't know why though… oh, maybe to figure out whom the people following him were? Oh well… Duo seems to think I can be of some help.
 
I, of course, am an empath. That's right, the lovely narrator of our story can sense exactly how feel you about it. But shh, no one is supposed to know. But that's beside the point. The point is that Duo wanted me over at his house for some reason, some reason that I don't know. But when I get over there, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm going to find out. That's right!
 
I sped over there like my house was on fire. Or one of my houses. The one in New York. I don't really like that one, so I can stand to lose it. I ran up to the door, pounded on it feebly (I was out of breath for running, jeeze, Duo's driveway is long!) and as soon as my friend opened the door I collapsed (in a manly way) in his arms. A hand flopped across my forehead, “Oh Duo! You should really get a shorter driveway!”
 
--
 
Duo looked down at his friend, then back up at his 20-foot driveway, which was currently buried under his car and his friends. “You're such a drama queen Quat.”
 
--
 
Yeah, sure, whatever you say Duo. I slowly got to my feet, my legs absolutely quivering with fatigue before I took a deep breath and stepped into Duo's quaint house in the middle of suburbia.
 
I, as an empath sensed that Duo was worried. Oh yes, that's my empathy ability put to use. However, I could also tell he was worried by the quirk of his brow and the puzzled look in his eyes. Yes, Duo was also feeling puzzled. But puzzled about what, exactly? Maybe I should ask him, hmm, this is positively puzzling! Oh Quatre, you really need to stop being like that; after all, your inner monologue is being recorded for people to read all over. This isn't good. I have to start sounding mature and… and… well I have to!
 
--
 
Duo looked at the puzzled expression that flitted across Quatre's face. “Quat, how are you doing?” The blank look he got in return made him wonder whatever possessed him to invite his friend over in the first place.
 
--
 
…But besides that, people would start thinking he was nuts if they read what he was thinking! Some of the ideas he though up were absolutely insane and if they ever head some of the thing he…
 
--
 
Duo grinned and shrugged, tugging along his friend to the living room where he had sat Heero down to get some work done about these mysterious entities that kept following him around.
 
--
 
…And I mean really! What business of it of Wufei's to be walking into his room at a time like that!? Why he could have been changing, or… or… doing something equally mortifying! He really must talk to his assistant about letting people into his room unannounced. Now, if that had happened when he…
 
--
 
Duo was slowly going mad. Loopy, crazy, bonkers, whacko, you name your adjective and he was going it. He had been trying to get Quatre's attention for the past thirty seconds, to no avail and Heero wasn't helping either. Besides the fact that he was sitting at the end of the couch, completely ignoring both of them his eyes kept darting around the room and he was muttering to himself. What was it with these new boys, anyway?!
 
--
 
Oh. Duo is trying to talk to me. Jeeze, Quatre, get a hold of yourself.
 
“Quatre, I need your help. Heero says that three people keep following me but I can't see them and now I don't know what I'm going to do and he also says that one of the people that's following me is the one that's been making me trip and I don't want to trip anymore and I want to make them all go away but I don't know how and Heero isn't really helping and would you try to help me please?” Yep, that's Duo, one big run-on sentence. Can you believe he said it in one breath?
 
“Relax Duo… I'll try and help okay… all you have to do is calm down…”
 
Well now, isn't it going to be a wild ride from here on out…
 
 
 
-- end chapter --
 
 
 
 
I updated early, does that mean I get more reviews?
 
Thanks to my reviewers `Leara' and `honeybunnycoveredinhoney' (by the way, you'll find out who the ghosts are probably next chapter.)
 
Thank you!