Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ So Yesterday ❯ Empty ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Gundam Wing……… go figure and yet so, so sad.

Chapter 5

Empty

Something has left my life

And I don't know where it went to

Somebody caused me strife

And it's not what I was seeking

All my plans they fell through my hands

They fell through my hands

All my dreams it suddenly seems

Empty.

*****

Duo and Wufei both didn't move where they heard the door opened. They were staring at each other and trying not to breath. They released each other and Duo shoved Wufei over some, so he could lean on the wall as well. Both boys were breathing heavily and Duo looked around the corner and his eyes laid on Heero.

`Heero?' he asked confused. He looked up and continued walking towards the couch.

`Well, I thought you two had killed each other.' He said, trying to be funny, but no one could tell because of his monotone. `By the way, where is Wufei?'

`Oh………he's here.' Wufei walked out the other door that led to the living room with a sandwich in hand. Heero noticed the light blush that danced across his cheeks and his slightly swollen lips.

`I was making lunch, would you like something?' Wufei said, taking a seat in the closest chair. Duo looked almost appalled that Wufei had took HIS sandwich, especially after he said he didn't want any.

`Making lunch………' Heero turned around and headed for the stairs. `Not really, I have to eat lunch with Relena, and if I don't she said I'd better fear for my life.'

`What?' Duo asked, poking his head around the corner.

`Well, not that I couldn't fend off the one hundred plus body guards to come and get me, its just that the faster I get this little lunch thing over with, the sooner I can leave this behind me.' He finished at the top of the stairs and walked into the bathroom. Wufei and Duo just stared at each other and when Duo heard the water running and waltzed over to him and grabbed the sandwich out of his hand taking a seat on the couch right beside the chair where Wufei was seated.

`That is MINE you know.'

`Well I wasn't going to eat it.'

`Whatever. You know, who'd have thought that, of all people, Heero might have caught us.' He snickered.

`Shut up.' Wufei snapped.

`Hey,' he started defensively, `You started it.'

`You………just shut up.' He demanded.

Duo shoved half the sandwich in his mouth, saying that it was a bite and continued to talk, although Wufei didn't understand anything but `what' `flies' and `her'. He really didn't have a clue as to what he was saying at all.

`Could you repeat that please?'

`I said, "What is Heero tells the others about this. We can just say that is lies," that it'

`Oh………I'm sure………eat your stupid food.' Duo put his plate on the table and crawled over to the end of the couch near Wufei and leaned over so that they were nose to nose.

`You know what………I don't want that anymore.' Wufei blushed a little and just stared at Duo partially cross-eyed when he closed what little gap there was between the two.

The two were interrupted again by continual knocking on the door and an annoying screaming at the other side. Wufei pushed Duo away who, in turn, fell to the floor just as the door opened and Relena stood in the doorway.

`You!' She screamed and pointed a finger towards Duo as he poked his head over the back of the couch. `Where's Heero! I've been waiting forever!' she exclaimed slamming the door. `Well?'

`In the shower……… don't you hear the water running?' Wufei said calmly.

`How can anyone hear anything with all this screaming?' Duo said clasping his hands over his ears and sliding back towards the floor.

`Why are you here so early Relena?' Heero's voice asked from the middle of the stairs. He was rubbing behind his head with a towel, drying his hair faster. `Can't I have anytime by myself?' he thought bitterly.

`Well,' she started, `I wanted to make sure you were ready and we are going to get there early!' she squealed.

`Oh Relena. I've invited those two since they had nothing else to do.' Relena's jaw dropped and so did Wufei and Duo's.

`They- they can't come………' Relena stammered.

`Why not? You have nothing against them do you?' Heero asked placing the damn hair towel across the back of a kitchen chair.

Relena sighed in defeat. `No, of course I have nothing against them. What kind of a person do you think I am?'

*****

Relena had booked one of the finest restaurants and for only two people, so she had to do some major ass kissing to get a table with four seats. Duo sat across from Wufei and in-between Relena and Heero who sat beside Wufei, as did Relena.

Relena was in a simple white dress that buttoned up in the front and it hung onto the sides of her shoulders. It was long at the back and shorter in the front. She didn't do anything special with her just the simple symmetrical braids on each side of her head. She wasn't looking too happy. Heero had made sure that he was in-between Wufei and Duo and not beside her. He didn't care if the others were suffering; to him they already were on account that he practically dragged them there so he wouldn't have to be alone with them.

Duo ordered as much food as he could handle and then some. Since he was getting a free meal, he decided to get a lot of it. Wufei, however, didn't get much at all, just a simple caesar salad. Relena insisted he got something more but he just brushed her off by saying he wouldn't want to make a woman pay too much on him. Relena and Heero both got reasonable amounts of food.

There was quiet ballroom music playing and Relena kept asking if Heero would dance with her over and over and over and over and over……… and it went on like that through the whole night until Duo finally told her to dance with him or shut up. Thinking that the outburst would have corked her pie hole, Duo didn't have a problem saying that. It was only when Relena was thrilled that he offered and she happily obliged to it. Heero and Wufei were both in shock, and so was Duo.

`Well, come on.' Relena said to Duo.

`Uh, I might hurt you, I'm not a good dancer.'

`Oh.' She huffed bitterly and grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the dancing section. He turned to face the other two and shrugged before he was tugged once more.

`Stupid.'

`What is?' asked Heero.

`You. Taking me here and for what? Your own purpose, just so you wouldn't have to be alone with her.' He pointed towards Relena and Duo who seemed to always be one step behind her.

`That's not the only reason. Come on,' he leaned on the table, expression never changing, `you guys needed to get out of the house and you must have been hungry. Why don't you get something else?'

`Why don't you just tell her how you feel?'

`What does that have to do with anything?' Heero asked rather bluntly.

`Well?' he urged.

`Why aren't you eating?'

`Why can't you just answer the question?'

`Why are you changing the subject?'

`We're going on to a different topic. I'm not too hungry that's why, now answer the question.' He said intertwining his hands and fingers on his lap.

`I don't know. I don't hate her………but she can be really annoying at times. Most of the time, all of the time, it's that she never leaves me alone. I swear that women has a tracer on me.' Wufei snorted in an almost mock laughter.

`It's probably on Wing.' Were his last words until he heard foot steps walking over and heard Relena's soft laughing and Duo's loud voice talking about something that the other two had no idea what he was babbling about.

*****

`So what are you planning to do now Heero? Going to stay at the house' Asked Duo who was leaning his elbows on his knees and leaning forward so he could see Heero who was beside Relena and Wufei in the back seat of Relena's limo. Wufei was near the window and was looking out it Duo was at the other window.

`I'm going to head back and finish what I started to do before I got invited to dinner.' He said staring at nothing in particular.

`Oh. Okay.' Duo sighed. `Tomorrow is Sunday, everyone will be coming home Monday they said. Or maybe we'll get another surprise eh Wufei.' (A/N YES I AM CANADIAN EH! J/K no but seriously, I'm Canadian……… anyway.) But Wufei didn't seem to hear him, he was lost in his own little world staring out the window, although there wasn't a calm day dreamy look on his face, it was more of a `I'm going to kill you' face.

`Hey Wufei? You hoo?' Wufei looked over rather annoyed. When Duo didn't say anything he raised his eye brows and said, `what?'

`Oh never mind!' Duo said throwing his hands around and leaning back on the seat.

The car swerved slightly into the driveway of the safe house………although they were all sure that since it was in the middle of a small town that everyone knew their exact location, Relena did anyway. Duo and Wufei both got out and Heero stayed in the car.

`How do you think I got here in the first place?' He said, more of a statement than a question. Wufei nodded and closed the door the car drove off and out of sight.

`That was eventful!' Duo said cheerily and then his smile faded when he looked at Wufei.

`What's wrong Wufei?'