Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ So Yesterday ❯ Resurrection ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Resurrection

We are the less than mighty


Never was a way I thought it could be

Never quite enough to leave you when you go

I saw you strip my babies

Animal the way you cut them might be

Animal the way I cut you from below

*****

The door slammed and Wufei ripped off his over coat and tossed it onto the couch not listening to the words that Duo was saying. He was following him around like a trained dog, trying to get some answers as to why he was so upset, and even more so at him!

`What. Did. I do?' he asked stubbornly. Wufei continued his way up stairs, Duo training behind him, still in his shoes. When he didn't get an answer for the sixth time he grabbed the back of Wufei's shirt and pulled him back, shoving him up against a wall.

Wufei's body was crushed between the wall and Duo. His face was sideways of the wall looking at something at the end of the hallway. Duo was bracing him with his forearms and leaning his face closer.

`Answer me damnit!' Wufei refused and Duo pushed on his back. Wufei didn't bother fighting back; he didn't really feel like a fight. Besides, it was late and he was tired and if he really needed to he would defend himself, but right now it wasn't anything critical.

`I- don't trust you'

`What?' Duo asked releasing him and moving to the other wall of the hallway. `What the hell is THAT supposed to mean?'

`You………just going around and doing what ever you please. If you didn't like me that way, then……… you don't have to be stupid about it.' Wufei shouted angrily at him.

`I didn't say I didn't like you.' He screamed back with fists balled. `One day your punching me, next day your drinking with me and the next I know you KISSING me. What do you expect me to do? I'm confused. I don't understand your creepy feelings. You keep them hidden so well under that impenetrable mask of yours.' He shouted feeling trapped against the wall. `Besides,' he said more softly, `I do like you.'

Wufei looked at the floor and slid down to it until he was sitting fully on it, he legs extended and near Duo's feet. There was a long silence, then a sigh, and then a frustrated scream that came from Wufei. Duo did nothing. He stood there looking down at him, simply confounded.

`Wufei………' he said finally. He looked up to meet caring eyes. He closed them and then pulled himself off the floor.

`Good night, tomorrow, everyone will be back, and it'll be the same as it was. Sorry for any confusion I caused.' He walked towards the bathroom and shut the door. Duo followed him and started knocking on the door.

`C'mon don't hide, that's not like you!' he started pounding on the door repeatedly. `Fine.'

Wufei sat on the edge of the tub, his toothbrush on the edge of the sink that he was going to use until Duo started shouting at him. `I made him angry.' He thought. `I made shinigami angry.' He stood up and looked at himself in the mirror. He was annoyed with himself, with Heero, with Relena. With everyone that made his life totally miserable. It all started when they had asked him to join to save the Earth. Quatre wouldn't stop hounding him about it either. He known Duo before that, when they were in the cell together………he didn't really feel anything then but it was just this year that………that……… Wufei cut off his trails of thoughts and brushed his teeth and to just stop thinking and to go to bed.

*****

Duo lay awake in bed, he could hear that Wufei had finished with the bathroom and had gone of to his own bed, even though it had been hours ago. Duo was thinking about what he had said to him, about their conversation. Was Wufei jealous? Was he jealous when he had danced with Relena? Well, it wasn't really his fault. Duo crossed his arms over his chest in an almost mock defense. Maybe it was something that Heero had told him. Maybe they had discussed something while he and Relena were dancing away on the dance floor. Whatever the case was, Wufei made his point across that what ever they had, it was over.

Duo sat up in bed. `We didn't have anything in the first place.' Duo murmured. `How can we "Break up" if we weren't even together?' he crept out of his bed and walked over to the door that led to the hallway. Duo's room was at the end and Wufei's room was at the edge of the stairs. He walked down the hall, which seemed to be elongated, his feet slapping the hard wood floor.

He stopped. Right in front of Wufei's door and reached for the handle and stopped. He didn't know what he was doing. Was he going to apologize to him? What would he apologize for? He turned the door handle slowly, until it was opened enough to fit his head through. He looked around the dark, simple room. Quatre made sure that the boys were all treated very well in the safe houses. Queen size beds all unnecessary since they were rarely sleeping anyway. Rooms very well furnished with night tables, dressers, and desks……… the works!

The only light was the light that was illuminating from the soft light in the hallway, which was creeping in the room in a cone shape. Duo walked the rest of the way in and saw that Wufei was sleeping soundly in his bed. He was on his side closest to the wall and was facing it. He drew nearer and could see the slight expanding of his chest under the blankets from his gentle breathing.

Duo held his breath as he sat on the edge of the bed. He knew he was taking it too far, Wufei said to just forget about it and it was best to listen to him, but this was eating at him. `I know I-' Duo whispered but never finished. He got up on the bed on hands and knees and started crawling towards him. Wufei rolled over on his back, feeling the shifting of the bed and opened his eyes to stare Duo right in the face. Not really seeing who it was in the dark, he started thrashing at him. Duo, who was quick to maneuver straddled Wufei and pinned his hands above his head.

`Shhhhh,' he soothed. `It's only me,' He said removing his hands from his wrists, `Duo.' He smiled.

`What are you doing in here?' Wufei said sleepily, looking over towards the clock that read one something in the morning. `It's so early.'

`I couldn't sleep, not knowing that I owe you an apology.'

`Can't it wait till morning?' He slumped back against his pillows and was already dozing back off to sleep when Duo slapped him a little. `Wake up.' he ordered.

`What do you want?'

`Listen,' he said rolling off of him and lying beside him instead. `I was thinking………when you said out in the hall earlier,' he poked Wufei to make sure that he was awake and an annoyed grunt gave him his answer and he continued, `I didn't have to be "stupid" about you kinda liking me?' even in the dark Wufei was sure that Duo could see him blushing in mortification………he wasn't sure if he was here to make fun or be serious. `Well, no. I'm not being "stupid"' he mocked. `I'm not. I guess I like you too………kinda.' He snorted. `Are you even listening to me?'

`Yes.' Wufei said simply.

`I kinda always have. I just thought that you hated me like you showed numerous amounts of time with the sudden abuse that strikes through you.' It was Wufei's turn to snicker.

`Now don't laugh I'm serious ok.' He sulked. `How could I think that the most bitter, unmistakably rude and constantly finicky "Wufei" would………you know, someone like me.' Duo felt Wufei shift on the bed and felt hot breath on his cheek and got shivers.

`No, I guess I don't know what you mean, Duo,' said Wufei leaning more over him.

`Well………Never mind, I'll talk to you in the morning.' He said getting up, only to have Wufei's arm blocking him.

`Now you're tired? Well, I'm not tired anymore………you wanna know why?'

`………' Duo stared him in the face, not too sure which answer he was looking for.

`The answer is………that you came in here, woke me up………and now you want to leave? Is that it?'

`Well,' he jested, `I am pretty tired.' His comment made Wufei raise his brow in question.

He leaned down and nuzzled the soft flesh of Duo's neck and leaving light kisses. He kissed up to his jawbone, leaving trails of fire behind. He shuddered underneath his lips as Wufei grabbed his face and turned his titled head to face and kissed him on the lips hard enough to bruise. Duo slowly raised a hand and placed it on Wufei's upper arm and the other at the nape of his neck to bring him down even closer. They broke apart for a split second for needed oxygen and then their lips were joined once more. Duo's tongue met Wufei's lips and slid it across the bottom. He parted his lips a little bit allowing Duo to enter. Both their tongues were in a war with each other, both trying to maintain dominance. Once again they split apart, in desperate need of oxygen.

`I thought you were mad at me,' Duo panted.

`I suppose I was,' He replied and then paused. `Yesterday.' He raked his hands across his chest and Duo shivered underneath his fingertips. Duo brought Wufei's face down to his again and claimed his lips again.

*****

The morning sun shown over the horizon and Quatre was leaning on the armrest in a car with his chin in his palm. He looked distressed about something. Trowa looked over and then back at the road, he knew there was something wrong, and he was pretty sure that it was concerning Wufei and Duo. He had been talking about them the whole weekend. It was supposed to be their weekend alone up at the circus with Catherine, but he was too worried that they might have killed each other. That's why Trowa decided to go home in the morning and not in the afternoon

`Quatre, I'm sure there fine………after-all, you did have someone to check up on them.'

`Come on, it's Heero, did you actually think that he would do something like that, for me?'

`I sure it was for his benefit too Quatre, I mean, everyone was pretty annoyed with Wufei and for some reason, he was always taking it out on Duo.' Trowa removed his right hand off the steering wheel and reached for Quatre's. When he found it he grasped it reassuringly as they turned into the driveway.

`Maybe we should think about moving to a different location, I'm sure everyone knows where we live now, we should go to a more remote place.'

`I know, it may be dangerous, but who really feels like walking or driving into a town when you live sooooo far away from it, that's all I was thinking about when I decided this place.' Quatre explained.

`I see what you mean, I wouldn't want to go that long way just to get simple food. And I'm sure no one else would either.'

They both got out of the car and Trowa grabbed the bag in the back that contained their cloths and brought it in the house, following Quatre.

The house was quiet. Except for the sound of the coffee machine in the kitchen, there was no sound.

`Heero probably killed them both.'

`Quatre!'

`What? It's true there isn't any sound. Wufei is usually up way before ten.'

`Shhh,' Trowa hushed. `No I think they're up stairs. Trowa walked over to the stair case and listen harder, although he couldn't make out what they were saying, only a couple of words, like `move' or `go.' Quatre crept behind him up the staircase to Wufei's room and Trowa pushed the door open.

They were in the center of the room. Wufei was dressed black pants and a green long-sleeved top. Duo was in pants and a black sweatshirt. He had his hair up in towel, signifying that he had gotten out of the shower not too long ago. Both were sitting on pillows on the floor, between them was a chessboard on a very short table.

`You're home early.' Duo said movie the Red Queen forward.

`You guys are still alive?' Quatre asked.

`Yes. Barely.' Wufei sniggered

`Oh………well where's Heero?'

`I dunno, he left with Relena, said he had to do something yesterday about today or tomorrow or something.' Duo told them.

`So, just playing chess?' Duo and Wufei looked at each other and then Back at the doorway where Trowa and Quatre stood.

`Yeah, pretty much.'

~Fin

*****

WOW! My first completed fic. I'm so happy. La! Anyway…. I know it kind of sucked-ass but please tell me whatcha thought about it. Good? Bad? Ok? Anyway, just leave a review! Bai, Bai!