Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Lullaby ❯ Run, Lolita, run! ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I still haven't won the lotto so … Gundam Wing and its characters do not belong to me it is purely for fan purposes.
Dedication: Never dedicated a chapter before but there is a first time for everything… and I dedicate this chapter to Hikaru Itsuko and Tynidarkangel for always reading and reviewing. Because ever since the first chapters you both have never let me down, rain or shine you are always there… thank you!
Sweet Lullaby
Chapter 11: Run, Lolita, Run!
 
 
It was a chilly night, the kind of night that made you doze right off. And that's exactly what they did in the Yuy household. Mai was bundled up as usual, sighing every now and then seemingly having a pleasant dream. Evie shifted from one side to another yet stopped every once in a while as if she had found the right spot and repeated the process all over again. Heero was finally conciliating his sleep and these last few days he had not been haunted by nightmares of any kind; instead this time he had a different kind of dream…
Faye closed her eyes as she felt the soft wind in her hair. Heero looked over at her with a small smile in his lips as he watched her hair sway smoothly and fit perfectly into the scenery of fields. She looked back at him with a sincere smile of her own. Heero had no idea what they were doing in a field, he only remembered she had once mentioned wanting to have a small house in one. It didn't matter; she was there, with him. Even if it was hell itself it would be alright as long as he had an opportunity to see her once more.
A small strand of chestnut brown hair caressed her face; the boy found himself reaching gently to remove it. She closed her eyes as soon as she felt his strong hand touch her soft skin. He wanted to hold her, embrace her like he had never done before, but restrained himself from doing so. Opening her eyes little by little she found herself with deep cobalt eyes watching her, she spoke, but he could not make out the words.
“Run away with me…” This time Heero heard perfectly. “Let's forget about everything and everybody…” She spoke once again.
Déjà vu. He had, had this conversation before. Only the setting was different but the rest seemed the same. Just like that he found himself responding like he did that time.
“Duo really loves you… he can make you happy.”
“But I…” Before letting her say anything else he placed a finger over her lips. His response was cold but it was the best he could do. Duo had fallen in love with her. He was just confused on the other hand and didn't know what love was, even though he knew deep inside he felt something strong and a new kind of feeling for her.
“I don't care about your past…” she whispered while she held his hand in hers.
“I know.” He replied with sadness in his eyes. And without any warning the girl leaned forward still holding his hand. Her eyes closing with every inch closer to his handsome face, he made no effort to move and received her lips anxiously. His heart beating faster and faster like it was going to jump out, his first kiss all over again...
 
Heero eyes fluttered open; it had been a dream… a nice dream for a change. He touched his lips, they were wet. Did it feel that real?
Little did he know that his bold and daring kisser was still lingering in his room. He reached for the light on his nightstand and brushed off his chocolate bangs from his face but only for them to return back to their initial position. A small sigh escaped his lips, subsequent to his action a hint of bewilderment hit his masculine features, soon to turn into shock, shock turned to annoyance and annoyance turned into complete rage! When he saw Lolita making herself conferrable on a pile of clothes he had left there that night and who seemed to be especially fond of his boxers. But not only that had caught the ex-pilot's attention, shredded paper was carpeted on his floor… yes his books. Oh no, she didn't…
His murderous levels were rising, while Lolita barely stared back at him innocently. He reached enigmatically fast for his safety gun that he had strapped under his bed. Lolita stood up as if knowing what was going on.
“Omae o kurosu.” Heero pointed his gun at a blank point of the wall close to the small pink creature. Bang! A warning shot and the pig took it gladly and made a run for it as if hell had been bought to the colony itself. Running like there was no tomorrow Heero followed the animal while he vowed he would leave the small animal with some psychological problems… at least.
Lolita had squirmed under his bed and came out to the other side, Heero swiftly jumped over his bed to catch her. He did not expect however that Lolita was very good at getting away from danger, she jumped on his bed and off to the other side madly making oink sounds as she tried to get away from the angered ex-soldier. Spotted and cornered to a wall by the Perfect Soldier's gun pointing once again at her, only she wasn't about to give up. A hiss was all she gave him, to which Heero could only think, do pigs hiss? Not only was she able to hiss but also dart and make the infamous Wing Zero Pilot fall flat on his butt, shocked and bewilderment once again plastered all over his face.
“You're dead…” he muttered under his breath. Lolita stopped grabbed his boxers on her mouth and gracefully marched her way out of the room. A lethal death glare provided proof of his threat and promise, fortunately no one was near him at the time. He used the wall to support himself as he got up and picked up his gun once more. Heero Yuy, had underestimated dear Lolita, that 'thing' is no ordinary animal. It was his duty… no, it was his mission to annihilate the strange cat acting like short pink Southern American pig.
He slid his back to the wall, peeking to see if Lolita was anywhere near the door. Left and right he looked, nowhere in sight. But then, a slight noise, underwear being dragged along the wooden floor at about… ten feet. With his gun raised to his face he twirled and pressed himself to the wall smoothly, without making any sound, he just hoped that pigs weren't as perceptive as dogs and cats. Lolita turned around after feeling a strange, dark aura, alas animals was not in Heero's training and definitely not his forte. They stared at each other for some time, until he cocked his gun and she became aware that she should make a run for it. He huffed at his own mistake and drifted to see if he could block her way but ended up knocking down a fake plant. Lolita pushed a door into one of the guest bedrooms and entered it.
Heero picked himself up, once more. He saw the pink animal run and continue its way away from him. Immediately he engaged in pursuit, gun leading the way into one of the darkened guest rooms. His eyes caught a glimpse of a chubby shadow jumping into the bed, with perfect timing he jumped to the bed also, his foot making contact with something soft, he stomps it, thinking it might be Lolita. Had he remembered that he had a guest sleeping in that room he wouldn't have Evie screamed like a mad woman. “Ouch! Why the hell are you stepping on my boob?!”
The Perfect Soldier was indeed thrown off, emotionally and literally from the bed. She got up from the bed and switched the lights on and turned to see Heero on the floor still scarlet red from embarrassment… and soon red from anger while his eyes glared at the not so innocent pig on her bed. Bang! Another point blank shot.
“What is wrong with you? You bastard… you killed her!!” Evie screamed with terror.
Heero merely smirked as he saw the pig lay there, he knew he hadn't shot her but he did give her off a good fright. Evie slapped the back of Heero's head once she lifted up Lolita and saw that she was alright.
“What was that for?” He placed his head where he had been hit.
“For being so violent!”
“Oh and you don't call this violent,” he said while he pointed to his head.
And without any warning Lolita escaped from Evie's arms and straight to Heero just to bite his ankle and pee on him too. Evie was bewildered for her pet's behavior, yet couldn't hold her laughter. This made him even more furious than before and he began to chase her again with gun in hand and shooting near the pig at every chance he got. The girl followed him afraid of the noise he was making, soon enough the small child woke up and peeked outside her room.
She rubbed her eyes to enhance her vision, “What's going on?”
“Well you sleep like a rock…” Evie commented as she escorted the child back to her bed. “Can't blame you, I didn't even hear the first shots either.”
“Shots? Who's shooting?” Mai looked up in question.
“You're uncle Heero has gone homicidal I have to go see that he doesn't end up destroying this place… go to sleep okay honey?”
Mai only nodded but was by far curious as to what was going on.
 
After leaving Mai in her room, she continued to try and calm Heero down; he had already made bullet holes in nearly every wall, knocked down a few plants and paintings. And even though the bullets weren't as loud as regular ones, which Evie could not understand the neighbors would surely notice the racket going on.
“You know they're going to call the cops on us, if you keep on doing this…” she informed him, putting her hands to her side while his back was turned to her. Heero then heard the pig squeal behind him and he flipped his gun with his right hand back hard. Evie fell backwards as the metal hit her right eye. She covered her eye in pain and the Perfect Soldier was once again at a lost. He didn't expect it to go that far, he wasn't even to kill the irritating animal, let alone hit Evie. A tear escaped Evie's eye, he reached for it and wiped it away gently. She hissed as she felt his hand come in contact with her tender bruise.
“Evie… Are you okay? I'm so…” And before he could apologize in any way, just like she had predicted a loud knock was placed on their door. Heero took back his hand as he was about to touch Evie's eye and headed for the door. He looked at the peep hole…
“It's the police, we know you're in there sir, please open up,” the voice of one of the police officers was warning.
Shit, he thought. He had to dispose of the gun, after all it's not like he had special permits for all his weapons. But, then again he was never this careless. He quickly went over to his couch and stuffed in there, the officers were getting impatient. “Open up!”
“Nice going Superman,” she mumbled, still on the floor. Heero made a sign to hush her and opened the door a bit just to show himself.
“We had a complaint about peace disturbance; neighbors feel that something strange might be happening… violence might be going on?” The chubby police officer informed in a questioning manner, the second police officer just wanted to look intimidating he looked much younger then the first one.
“Hn… there's nothing of that `sort',” Heero replied bluntly.
“Do you live by yourself… Mister-“
Before the first officer could finish the second already had stretched his neck and looked over Heero's shoulder and saw the girl on the floor. He immediately took his gun out.
“Step away from the door sir and turn around put your hands on your head!” He demanded.
Heero rolled his eyes and did what he was told. The other officer entered the apartment and went to pick up Evie.
“Are you okay Ma'am?” the chubby officer asked with a sympathetic tone.
While the other one searched Heero for any undesirable weapon. “I think we have a woman beater here…” informed the youngest one.
Heero couldn't believe what he was hearing, after all it had all been an accident, yet his shock once more showed, “A what?”
The chubby officer looked at the apartment it was a wreck, it seemed Heero had definitely taken out all the anger he had been building up. However, the officers did not know and by far did not care. It just looked like a crime scene to them.
“Ma'am did your husband hit you?”
Evie was as shocked just like Heero and pained, very much pained, “HE is not my husband… but he did not hit me… it was an accident.” She gritted her teeth.
Both officers rolled their eyes, they had seen that kind of case before, wife protecting beating husband and so on.
“Where are you taking him? I said it was an accident!”Evie was alarmed as soon as she saw the young officer handcuff him.
And not to soon or too late little Mai appeared with Lolita in arms and nightgown filled with dirt like she was a picked off from the streets.
“Why are you taking him away!?” Mai too was worried. “He didn't mean to kill, Lolita… she's alive.”
The eyes of both officers widened at the little girls remark and wondered who in fact was Lolita.
“Honey, we're taking your father away that way he won't be able to hurt you or your mother again…” the youngest officer said kindly.
“He's not my father and she's not my mother…”
He shoved Heero out the door and stopped midway. He quickly grabbed his radio and turned it on, “Charlye I think we may have a 273 and a 207, we're bringing them in.”
Without hesitating the chubby officer handcuffed Evie. “What is going on here?! Heero… see I told you this would happen!”
“Hn. And you're making us look worse.” He glared at her, but she was already too angered to even be scared of his death glare. The young officer jumped a bit however.
“You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer any questions. Anything you do say may be used against you in a court of law…” the officer continued to read them their rights, “I always wanted to say that,” he added with so much pride. And off to downtown they went…
 
X.x.X.x.X.x.X
 
A/N: I apologize for another late update; it's the writer's block I tell you! But don't worry next chapter will come up sooner… I hope. Anyway I thought it would be nice to have a little comic relief… I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. What will happen next? Dun…dun…dun
Thanks to my awesome beta as always CA!