Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tank Police Division 195 ❯ Mayhem, Motorcycles, and a Madcap Officer ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tank Police Division 195
Chapter Seven: Mayhem, Motorcycles, and a Madcap Officer

Sergeant Milliardo Peacecraft walked through the hall in deep thought. The suspects, despite agreeing to talk, when asked who they worked for would only say, ask the Keeper and then outright refused to reveal anything else. Growling in frustration, he opened the door to the motor pool only to get a soccer ball in the face.

Uh oh the unmistakable voice of Officer Barton murmured, leaving no doubts in
the sergeant's mind as to which group of officers was responsible.

Who threw that? Milliardo demanded. The last person he expected to see (after
Chief Une of course) stepped forward. Relena?!

Hello Milliardo. The younger Peacecraft said with all the dignity she could muster. Her brother scowled.

Report Maxwell because I know you're probably responsible for t his.

Technically speaking I can only claim on seventh of the responsibility. Duo stated.

Explain.

WellI only suggested that Relena play with us. She didn't have to agree and none of the others made any real effort to stop her. Besides which, Relena threw the ball that hit you. Milliardo blinked.

Maxwell's odd logic strikes again. Sally smirked as she entered the pit.

He could probably talk circles around the mayor. Relena snickered, then her pager went off. Speak of the devil she sighed. I'd better go and find out what he wants. It was great meeting you all.

Bye Relena. Quatre smiled, shaking her hand. The others did the same (except for Duo who hugged her) and Milliardo suddenly snapped out of his slight stupor.

Don't think you're off the hook, young lady! he yelled after her. She waved a hand dismissively and continued on her way. As soon as she was out of sight, the
sergeant whirled on the five younger officers.

If I catch any of you with my sister again the threat wen unfinished as a voice sounded over the PA

Attention all on-duty officers, head out to sector 48-D and block all exits. Situation level two, group of robbery suspects in a semi-truck are being chased towards 48-D by the 184th and three motorcycle officers from the 181st. I would say not to confront them but we all know that's not gonna happen

Damn right! someone yelled from his tank.

so just try to be a little discrete about what you blow up.

As the announcement repeated itself, Wufei looked over his shoulder as he entered the hatch and noticed that Milliardo and Noin weren't getting into the Tank Special.

Aren't you guys coming? he yelled over to them.

Nope. We're off-duty. Noin sighed, disappointedly. Besides, we can't go, the
captain's not here and he's our driver.

Sorry you have to miss out on all the fun. Wufei smirked. The senior officer rolled her eyes.

Yeah, I'm so sure

So, any idea who's going to be watching the block in 47 and 49-D? Trowa asked his teammates as he checked over his panel.

The 190th and the 189th. A voice said helpfully from the radio.

Andy? What are you doing on the chief's frequency? Heero asked.

Well, the chief's not here yet so I thought I'd keep tabs on you guys. The young man replied. Besides, I have some extra information about the robbery.

And just how did you get a hold of that info? Quatre asked disapprovingly.

Come on, Q. Leave the poor kid alone. Duo said, as he checked his sights. So what have you got for us, Andy?

The articles they stole are extremely high grade guns. Mostly high-power rifles and automatic weapons. Also, they've managed to get their hands on about six crates of armor-piercing shells, so watch it.

I thought they only made those shells for tank turrets. Trowa said, slightly puzzled. I didn't think they made any for rifles.

They don't. I don't see what they wanted them for if all they stole was rifles and hand guns. Heero said. Thanks for the heads up, Andy.

Don't mention it. Andy said.

The entire squad was spread out around the area that their colleagues were herding the suspects towards. They would be arriving at their location in ten minutes so everyone was doing last minute checks to be sure that their weapons were functioning correctly. A few seconds after the ten minutes were up, the world around them became a war zone.

The truck the suspects were driving skidded into the area followed by three
motorcycles and four standard police trucks. The 195th soon found that this was no ordinary semi-truck as someone had taken the liberty of outfitting it with two cannons and a laser.

Well now we know what the armor-piercing shells were for Quatre said to no one in particular.

The motorcycle officers immediately took cover behind the tanks as the suspects
started firing.

Man, what lousy aim. What are they shooting at? Duo said. A stray shot hit his
spider tank and almost knocked it over; luckily he was positioned next to a
building. Hey! Watch it!

Quit heckling them and concentrate on your own aim. Wufei admonished.

Twenty minutes passed and not much progress had been made. Quite a few of the tanks were badly damaged and had to pull out of the fight. The truck hardly had a scratch on it. They needed to get closer, but how?

I'm going to try to get near the truck. Heero said. Wufei, Quatre, and Trowa lay down some cover fire. Duo, you flank me.

Copy that, Heero. Duo replied, positioning his tank behind Heero's.

Roger. Wufei acknowledged as he positioned the turret gun while Trowa and Quatre prepared the side guns.

Maneuvering through the firefight was no easy job since the two spider tanks not only had to dodge the shots coming from the truck, but stray fire from the other tanks as well.

// I almost wish I had the heavy armor plating the standard has, but this spider was built for maneuverability not to be a semi-stationary cannon // Heero took a
quick glance at his monitor and what he saw almost made him crash. // What the
hell is that guy up to?! Is he nuts?! //

One of the motorcycle cops had managed to sneak up to the truck and was clutching what appeared to be a grenade.

Oh crapDuo! Pull back, we've got a problem! Heero yelled into the radio. See if you can get the others to cease fire as well!

What? Heero what's going o Oh my God! What is that guy doing?!!!!

The next few moments seemed to go in slow-motion. The mystery officer pulled the
pin on the grenade, broke the window on the driver's side, threw the grenade
into the truck and then ran like mad in the same direction Heero and Duo were
retreating to. All fire from the truck stopped as the suspects frantically
tried to get away. The truck exploded and the world was bathed in white.

When the dust settled, eight of the tank officers went to apprehend the suspects. Two others went to call fire and rescue, and everyone else kept the area secure. Heero and the others took this opportunity to find the lunatic that had the grenade.

He was standing a few feet away from the still-burning tank and brushing himself
off; the explosion having knocked him to the ground. His helmet was slightly
scorched. Heero grabbed his arm and turned him around. What the hell were you
thinking? We could have all been killed because of that stunt you pulled! The
motorcycle officer wrenched his arm from Heero's grip and removed his helmet so
he could be heard properly. A cascade of golden hair fell down once the
headgear was removed.

Holy shit! Duo exclaimed.

It's an onna! Wufei added. The officer put her left hand on her hip and tucked her helmet under her right arm.

Shut your mouths boys, you're attracting flies. She mocked.




Ayamachi: No one's reviewing, why are you still writing this?

Kaori: I'm not writing this fic for the reviews, I'm doing it to see if I can write something that isn't strictly humor that isn't poetry.

Ayamachi: Then why are you posting it at all?

Kaori: [getting annoyed] How am I supposed to know if it's any good if I'm the only one reading it?