Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tank Police Division 195 ❯ Sharing ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tank Police Division 195
Chapter Eighteen: Sharing

You really ought to eat something. Quatre said, quietly.

After what I just saw I don't think I'll ever eat again. Faline muttered. Quatre made a face.

Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei had taken Faline to the morgue to identify the bodies. Some we're more difficult than others as the heads were completely vaporized. What made it worse for Faline was that those men had been family to the dark-haired young woman. At least there was a bright side: Faline's brother had not been among any of the bodies, so he might still be alive.

Currently, Quatre was sitting with Faline trying his best to make her feel better. She was rather despondent, very much unlike the strident young woman he had met two months ago. It was strange, and a little unnatural, to see her so listless. Deciding it best to get her mind off the current situation, he asked her something that had been nagging him for weeks now. Faline, tell me, what were you thinking when you fell on me? Oh crap, that came out wrong.

Huh? Faline blinked.

Back when we first met. Quatre clarified. What were you thinking?

Hmm I'm not really sure but it was something along the lines of 'thank God I'm alive', 'I wonder what I landed on', and 'I wonder if I can use this thing to get away?' That's when Heero told me to drop the gun and put my hands up, and you whined about being a human cushion. Why do you ask?

Just curious

Well since we're satisfying our curiosities, there's something I've been wanting to ask you. Quatre quirked an eyebrow.

Yes?

What the hell made you join the tank police? I mean, you've got pampered rich kid written all over you; besides which everyone knows that the Winner family is loaded. So what's the deal?

My parents Quatre sighed. It was Faline's turn to quirk an eyebrow. My mother was a tank police officer; even though my father had more than enough money to support our family mom wasn't the type of person to sit around and throw garden parties all the time. She died on duty. My father didn't take it very well. He decided right then that he would make me into the next president of the company and keep me away from the dangerous life of police work. I never really wanted to run dad's company to begin with and the more he pushed me the harder I resisted.

When I graduated high school, I went straight to the Tank Police Academy. At first it was just to spite my father, but the longer I stayed there the more at home I felt. I guess I'm more like my mother than I thought. I just can't see myself sitting behind a desk when I could be out there in the city doing some real good.

Hmm Faline mused. Quatre?

Yeah?

I'm a little hungry, do you think you could get me something to eat?

Sure. Anything in particular?

Soup and a sandwich. Um but no tomato soup.

Okay, I'll be right back with it.

Quate? Faline said tentatively as the blonde tank officer reached for the door knob.

Hmm?

Thank you.

My pleasure.

As Quatre shut the door behind him, he was met by the smirking faces of Officers Yuy and Maxwell. GAH!

Where are you going, lover boy? Duo leered.

What are you talking about? Quatre glared.

You and Faline were aaaaalll by yourselves for two whole hours. Heero said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively (1). Quatre turned bright red.

You perverts! Don't you have better things to do than inflict your sick fantasies on other people?!

Hmm Duo looked pensive.

Now that you mention it. Heero drawled.

No. they both said.

Idiots. Quatre muttered. Did you two have a reason for hanging around outside here or did you just come to torment me?

Actually we did come here to get you. Heero said. We're wanted down at the lab. Wufei's found out something rather interesting

Interesting? Like what?

I don't know, that's what we're all going to find out together.

A what ?! Duo, Quare, Trowa, and Captain Scot yelled.

A bacterium eliminating compound combined with a high grade explosive. Wufei said.

So what you're saying is they're making a giant disinfecting bomb?! Heero blinked.

I suppose you could put it that way.

Why the hell would they do something like that? Captain Scot asked.

Because they're crazy? Duo suggested.

It would kill off all the bacteria in the city and then some.
Trowa said.

And that would be bad, why?

Not all bacteria are harmful, Duo. Sally said.

Didn't you fail biology? Noin snickered.

Shut up! At least I didn't fail gym! Sally retorted.

How do you fail gym ? Trowa asked.

Spend it behind the school sucking face withMMPH! Noin clapped her hands over Sally's mouth and Milliardo turned scarlet.

We're getting off topic. Noin said, laughing nervously. Everyone (except Milliardo, Sally, and Noin of course) snickered.

Anyway, I think the question is what to do now. Quatre said.

Now things get tricky. We have to track those guys down before they do whatever it is they plan to do. Captain Scot said matter-of-factly.

Greeeaaat. Heero sighed.

Back in the overnight room, Faline munched her sandwich, occasionally sipping the soup. Absently, she wondered where the guys had gotten to. She heard Quatre talking to Heero and Duo in the hallSpeaking of which, I'm gonna smack those two perverts the next time I see them.

She considered leaving the room to look for them when the door opened, revealing two tank officers that she didn't recognize. Faline frowned. Something isn't right here.

Ms. Colwell, you're to come with us. The man closest to the door said.

On whose authority? the young woman challenged.

Ours of course.

That's what I thought you'd say Faline growled, rushing to the other side of the room and hitting the fire alarm.

You little bitch! the other man yelled as he pulled a gun from his vest. Faline's eyes widened as she narrowly dodged the bullet.

Fred, your aim still sucks! the first man yelled over the alarm, pulling out his own gun to shoot at the defensless young woman.

At the same time, Milliardo and the boys were rushing up the stairs trying to get to Faline's room.

Why aren't we taking the elevator? Duo demanded.

You know the elevators don't work once the fire alarm's been pulled. Milliardo said. Quit complaining and run!

I hear yelling up ahead. Trowa announced.

Somebody help me! a very familiar voice cried.

Faline?! Hang on, we're coming! Wufei yelled.

A scream and a gunshot were the response they received




1) Man, what a character stretch! The OOC-haters will real ly be after me for that one