Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Gundam Renn Faire ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
I don't own Gundam Wing, no matter how much I want to...don't sue, Ayanami-chan has no money...no money earned from this fic, blah, blah, blah

* * * * *
Chapter 2: The Gundam Renn Faire
* * * * *

Relena couldn't sleep that night. It was from many things, stress from her job, too much coffee, etc., but it was mostly Heero. She couldn't sleep without him watching over her. He normally slept in a small room adjacent to hers, with the adjoining door left open. She gripped her teddy bear tightly, and thought about the last time he was gone.

--FLASHBACK--

Heero had requested a month's leave from his job as her bodyguard.

Zechs, Noin and Une: "NO!!"

"Leave?! LEAVE!!?? White Fang assassins are crawling everywhere, and you want to take a vacation?! Don't you care about my sister at all??" Zechs looked like he was gonna go on a rampage. A rampage that would start with Heero.

Heero didn't flinch, didn't show any emotion. "Only one assassin that White Fang has can get through the existing security. Only one."

"One, huh? Well, one would be enough, don't you think?" Zechs had stopped pacing, and was glaring at Heero.

"Not this one. He won't attack while I'm gone. He and I...we have an understanding." Unnoticed by all of them, except Heero, Relena was watching from the shadows. A strange glint formed in his eyes, that only Relena saw, and he seemed to wink at her. Don't worry you'll be fine when I'm gone.

With that Heero turned around and left. And just like he said, he was back in 31 days. Zechs was furious with him, but Relena didn't care. Heero seemed to smile more every time he came back from his yearly 'vacations'. Maybe it was her imagination, but...

maybe not.

--END FLASHBACK--

Relena then fell asleep, confident that Heero was watching over her, wherever he was.

* * * * *

Heero awoke bright and early the next morning, when a blur of motion entered his tent, a blur that redefined sugar high, in his opinion.

"Anna, calm down!" The little one thrust herself into Heero's arms and continued to jabber about all of the things that concerned a 6-year-old girl. "Yes, I know Faire starts tomorrow, and we've got to get to work."

With that, a cry of "Grub's Up!!" pierced the air, and Heero pulled Anna off him. He quickly got on some clean clothes, and took Anna with him to eat.

Mike and Mary, Kay, Laura, Hitomi, David were sitting at Heero's table. His family. These people were his family. And Anna, she was his family too. Not that there was a drop of common blood between any of them. Well, Mike and Mary were married, but that was the only relationship any of them could claim to one another. And they only saw each other one month a year. But they were still a family.

Heero smiled, and looked forward to the day of hard work ahead.

* * * * *

Hmmmm.....? His family, ne? This is gonna get interesting, considering chapter 3 opens at the Faire...

hehehe......

* * * * *

Please R&R my first fanfic!! Thx so much!!
-Ayanami-chan
ayanami_rei@softhome.net
http://go.to/ayan ami_shrine