Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Gundam Renn Faire ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
I don't own Gundam Wing, no matter how much I want to...don't sue, Ayanami-chan has no money...no money earned from this fic, blah, blah, blah

* * * * *
Chapter 6: The Gundam Renn Faire
* * * * *

Heero took one look at Zechs, and decided he'd rather not fight this battle. No, running looked like a good idea right now. A very good idea.

He grabbed Relena's hand, and disappeared backstage. Zechs was all the way down the center aisle, and halfway across the stage when Mike, still laughing, placed himself in the raging madman's way. He proved to be an effective roadblock, as Heero and Relena escaped.

Heero knew every last hidden entrance in this place. He knew where the burlap 'walls' that kept visitors out of the back areas had 'doors' in them. He knew exactly to get to where he was going, the last place Zechs would look for his sister.

Relena was lost. She had no idea when they were, or where they were going, but she didn't care. Not one bit. She was with Heero. And he was smiling, laughing even. And she laughed with him. He had just kissed her. And...and...a ring glinted in the sun on her finger...

Suddenly, they stopped. In front of them was the back lot to one of the many booths that lined the Renaissance streets. He took her inside, to the back room. She could see two rooms ahead, both as small as this one. One had a man working pewter, and the far one was open to the street, it was the booth front.

Heero grasped her shoulders, and turned her around so that her back faced him. He then quickly started to undo the laces that held her dress on, rather than a modern zipper.

"Heero..." she said with a laugh. She was shocked, but in a happy way.

"Oh....uh....no, I didn't mean that....well.....uh....not yet, at least..." She knew a blush was rising in his face, even though she was turned away from him.

He then called out, "Mary! I've got a friend here that wants to work at the booth with me, can she borrow one of your dresses?" She raised an eyebrow. So, I want to work, do I?

"Yeah, sure, if they fit her." A voice floated down from somewhere.

"Sorry, shoulda told you before." She laughed, and wrapped his arms around him.

"That's alright." He grinned, and then removed her from himself. It was harder than he thought it would be. Then, he turned her around, and finished helping her remove the black dress, which left her in a white slip.

"Hn." He looked her up and down, with a smile on his face. Then something occurred to him, and he quickly turned around.

"Uhh....what's your dress size?" he was nervous, she could tell. That was fine, she was too. She gave her size, and he quickly retreived a wench's outfit from a chest in the corner, that was marked 'Mary's Crap'.

She took it from him, and said, "I thought you didn't want me wearing one of these."

"I changed my mind." She stepped into it, and let him began to lace up the strings.

"Ow...you're pulling them too tight! I'm not gonna be able to breath!" she complained.

"It's hardly tight enough. You're not suppose to be able to breath. I know what I'm doing, I been doing it since I had to stand on a chest to reach the laces." She still doubted him, but stopped complaining.

Just then a flying blur flashed by her. Heero caught it up, and placed her on top of the flat-topped chest. He then maneuvered Relena so that the child could reach the laces. Anna then began lacing her up, much tighter than Heero was doing.

He winked at her obvious discomfort. "I told ya so."

Heero then began to pull off his clothes. He stripped down to nothing but a pair of (AN:You guessed it!) black spandex shorts.

Just as he had been eyeing her, she was now eyeing him. He then began to pull on peasants garb of his own, out of a chest clearly marked 'Heero's Crap'.

Soon they were both dressed. "OK, Mr. Yuy, exactly how am I gonna help you here?"

He grinned, and took her out to the front. He pointed at the Fudge Shoppe across the street. Actually, he was pointing at the wench in front, yelling at the top of her lungs, "Fudge! Chocolate!", and trying to get people to buy her wares.

"Do you think you can do that?" He said.

"If I stand in the middle of the street and yell my head off, yeah, my brother will never find me." she said sarcasticly.

"Well, you don't have to stand in the middle of the street, we pewtersmith's have a nice booth." He went into the middle room, and climbed at ladder into a trap door in the roof she hadn't seen before.

She saw Mary, sitting on the window sill, which was more like half of a door. It started at the floor, and the roof in this room was very low. Mary had a beer tankard in hand, yelling at the top of her lungs. "Mary, you can go downstairs now, Relena's gonna take your place."

She turned to look at the young couple. "OK." Mary got up and left.

Relena placed herself on the window sill in Mary's place. The woman had left the tankard there. Relena picked it up, to find it contained only water.

"There's water in the keg next to you, and it's cold. It gets very hot here, if you didn't notice. Try tossing it out onto people. That will make you very popular here at Faire." Heero kneeled down behind her, wrapped him arms around her waist, and kissed her neck. He then, very reluctantly, let go of her, and climbed down, to began his work at the small smithy.

Relena sighed happily, and began to do her job.

* * * * *

About an hour later Duo, Hilde, Quatre, and Dorothy walked by a fudge shop. As Quatre bought Dorothy some chocolate, Duo chased Hilde out into the middle of the street, where they proceeded to flirt like crazy. Well, they tried to flirt, but Duo stopped when he found himself drenched in freezing water.

"Whaaa!!" Duo spun around, looking for the culprit, who wasn't Hilde he knew. Then he saw her, laughing her arse off up in the window in the pewtersmith's shop.

"Hey, Relena, what are you doing up there? And can you spare some more water, it's hot!"

Relena was in stitches, seeing Duo like that was so funny. She simply waved at them, she couldn't talk because she was laughing so hard. But she was able to fill up her tankard and soak Hilde.

"Relena!! Where's Heero at?! Ohh, I'm so happy for you two!" Hilde squealed with delight at the thought of planning her best friends wedding. "Come down here!"

"I can't, I'm working." Relena had recovered enough to yell down at them. "I won't miss the ride home!"

Dorothy and Quatre had come out of the Fudge Shoppe, and were surprised to see Relena.

"Oh! Relena-sama, when did you change your clothes?" This sent Relena into another laughing fit.

"Long story! But you all had better get moving now, I think that's Noin coming down the street. Where Noin comes, Millardo follows, and I don't want him to catch me."

"OK, bye Relena. Have fun with Heero!!" Hilde waved with an exaggerated wink, and led them away in the direction of the joust.

* * * * *

Heero had seen this entire exchange from where he was selling his wares in the booth. He smiled, and went back to work, ducking into the back room when Noin and Zechs passed by.

"OK, Heero, you're shift's over." Mike walked in and slapped him on the back. "Congrats, little boy."

"Great, just let me finish this one piece before I leave." Mike leaned over to see what Heero was carving into the pewter ring on the table.

Angels. There were angels all over it, and it was beautiful. Mike then saw Heero pull a diamond from the gems box, and place it in the angels' hands. He looked at the bent pieces of metal, the mistakes, scattered over the table. Set apart from the group was another, completed ring, this one of the same design, but with dragons, and a ruby.

"Hmm....wedding rings?" Heero looked up at the man that was the closest thing he had ever had to a father.

"Yeah..."

* * * * *

Sorry this one is kinda short, but this seemed like the perfect place to end the chapter. I'll start working on the next one right away. Thx so much, everyone who is reviewing this. I love you all! *hugs*

* * * * *

-Ayanami-chan
ayanami_rei@softhome.net
http://go.to/aya nami_shrine