Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Peacecraft adventures ❯ The Perfect Soldier ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THE PERFECT SOLDIER

Story one of the Peacecraft collection

By Serenity Peacecraft

 

This story is rated G because I wrote it for a school writing class. It is the first in my collection of Serenity Peacecraft stories. I don't own Gundam wing. I'm too poor to own either so please don't sue me you won't get much. I do own the character Serena Peacecraft if you would like to use her in a story please email me at: commander_Serenity_Peacecraft@hotmail.com I would gladly let you use her.

 

 

"Where were you last night?" The harsh cold voice of my foster father asked from the dark living room as I creep in around three in the morning.

"Out" was all I could get out of my mouth. Ever since a millity group calling themselves "Oz" murdered my parents when I was a baby "Oz" because my parents wanted total peace on earth and the four colonies bases that orbited the earth. This man standing before me now. This man, Thomas Pendragon has raised me and trained me as an assassin, the perfect solider. He trained me hard and he treated me like a man, not some little girl. Like a soldier, his soldier. I feared no one and I did whatever it took to destroy Oz. My mission was to take back the peace we lost to them. At the age of 11 I was already destroying bases and killing. I was a heartless, cold-blooded murder. If I had only known then that I had a twin sister who was working for peace, maybe things would have came out differently. But now at eighteen years old I found myself entangled in a web of lies, death, murder, and wars. Last night I was nearly killed trying to sneak into the Edward Base, find the center control and blew it up. Dead solider were all around me. I kept telling myself that "I was a solider" So why was there tears on my checks? I stood here now blood dripping down my wounded shoulder staining the white carpet. I held my injured shoulder where one of the soldier's had shot me as I tried to escape. Mr. Pendragon stared me down, His eyes glaring as cold as death. I felt a shiver running down her back. He told me not to go that I wasn't ready but I went anyway, I stood here now trying to put the pain in my shoulder in the back of my head. Dr. Pendragon shifted slightly in his chair pulling me out of my deep thoughts.

"So where were you last night?"

 

I stared at him with equal coldness.

"I told you OUT!" I retorted. He turned the t.v around so I could see it. It showed the burning Edward base.

"You have some explaining young lady." He said angrily standing up. "You Miss Serenity Joann Pendragon, disobeyed my ordered and went to the base after I told you not to. You got yourself injured, but worst of all Oz may be able to track you back to this house." He said looking down at me. "I…I…" Before I could say anything Pendragon swooped over and slapped me across the face. It was dull sting compared to my shoulder. The Dr. looked down at me coldly laying his large hand on my shoulder and looked at me with his big aqua blue eyes. He sighed loudly.

"You father and mother would shoot me if they knew what you were doing, just don't do it again ok?" He waited till I shook my head yes then he smiled. "Good now lets look at that arm.

 

I found myself standing in what looks like what looked like the remains of a town. A war broke out here; I could still hear gunshots along with the screams of women. There was the rancid smell of blood and gunpowder perfumed the air all around me.

 

Why…. Why was I here? Why did I recognize this place…? Where was this place?

 

A cold breeze gave me a chill. I was dressed only in a sleeveless white top and jeans. It was snowing leaving the destroyed buildings in a powder of white. But how could that be, it was middle of summer.

Then I saw it, A small brown teddy bear lying in front of a destroyed house. It was be covered by the snow. I leaned down picking the bear up looking at it careful. I had been a white bear but now it was covered with sticky crimson blood. I could see the little blotches of white spots on the bear where the blood hadn't stained it. My body didn't want to work for me as I forced myself to set the bear down on a nearby rock. I heard a voice behind me; I turned and came face to face with the barrel end of a gun. I could just make out the person who was holding the gun. His shinny violet eyes glowed even when he was hiding in the shadows. I took a step back out of reflex, tripping over a low gravestone behind me for some reason I didn't see it there. I fell hard on the ground hitting my head hard on another grave. As I hit the ground the stone broke and fell landing at my feet with a thump with shaky hands I reached over and pulled the grave up reading it.

Gundam Pilot six died for peace won't be forgotten.

 

I didn't get a change to think about it because the gun was again pointed at my head.

 

"Time to get what you deceive, Murder." He said over the sounds of gunshots getting closer and louder. He took careful aim at my head and pulled the trigger.

 

I sat up sweat rolling down my face. That was the fifth time this month I'd had the same dream. It had always been the same, the same violet-eyed man with a gun. What I didn't get was the grave. There were only five Gundam pilots, so what did the dream mean?

I looked over at the clock 3:17 A.M. Three days had passed since the attack on the Edward base. I lay there and knew that there was no way I would get back to sleep. I got up and walked sleepily to the bathroom that was attached to my room turning on the cold water. A cold shower would help. I stripped out of my sweatpants and white shirt and got in closing the glass door behind me. The water hit me like a brick wall, I'd forgotten how off the cold water made me feel. After I was clean I got out and dyed off. I returned to my room slipping on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. I walked back into the bathroom wiping the steam off the mirror; a cold brown-eyed girl looked back at me. I ran a comb through my shoulder long brownish red hair putting it into two braids. After dying myself off I looked at myself in the mirror one more time before stepping out into the hallway. I shut the door behind me and looked down the darken hallway. A single door lay closed at the end of the hallway. The door lead to Dr, Pendragon's room, but it was empty. He had left right after I came back from the base to go to his hidden lab in town to work on some project that not even I knew about. He said he would be back in a few days but he hadn't returned yet. I wasn't worried, sometimes he just lost track of time and days went by like hours. I stalked down the stairs and into the brightly light kitchen. I turned on the mini TV that was attached under the overhead cabinets, then turned turning on the coffee pot; it was something I had done ever morning when I got up. I stood there leaning against the countertop watching the morning news why I waited for my coffee to get done. The news people where talking about how the assassin who destroyed the Edward base was still on the loose and how there was a thirty thousand dollar reward for any info on him. I laughed at this. Just because a soldier destroyed a base, they have to think that a weak man did it. they were fools. How did Oz ever get into power thinking that way was beyond me?

"You guys will never find me." I said to the TV pouring me a cup of coffee.

"Cheers" I smiled shaking my head sipping the hot drink.

A man came on the screen dressed in an Oz officer's uniform. He put on a small pair of glasses preparing to read something.

I lowered the warm glass watching the screen Oz has never made such a bold act before what are they up to.

He looked up at the screen clearing his throat as he started to speak. "Good morning, at 2: 30 am this morning we destroyed a lab that was believed to be where the assassin who destroyed the Edward base and killed over a hundred fine Oz soldier got his orders. This man." The picture of Dr. Pendragon came onto the screen. "Doctor Thomas Atriums Pendragon, the scientist that helped design many of the colonies was found to be the mastermind behind the attacks. He has been punished for his crimes, but the assassin is still on the loose. If you have any information on the attacks you can call 345-456-6452."

 

I heard a loud crashing sound and I looked down to see that I had dropped my coffee cup, it shattered on the wooden floor. I know what the punishment was to Oz. They killed him. Tears ran down my checks. I bent down to pick of the glass pieces but my mind was racing. He took me in when no one would, raised me, trained me to fight and now he was dead. It was my entire fault, If I had never gone to base he would still be alive. A sharp pain ran up my arm. I dropped the piece of glass in my hand and looked at it. There was a thin cut on my palm running from my pinky to my thumb and it was starting to bleed. I cursed under my breath and reached up to the counter pulling a towel wrapping my hand in it. I sat there unable to move. I sat there among the glass pieces engulfed in tears. Dr. Pendragon was not just a good teacher and trainer he was the best engineer around and a good friend. He was like the father I never had. Now he was gone!

On the news the lady was back and now was talking about how five shooting stars where seen just a few days ago and now there where five robots made of a alloy called "Gundamum" that's how they got the name Gundam. They made Oz's weapons like play toys. They where very powerful. I had heard about the Gundams from Dr. Pendragon and his scientist friends who built them. Each Gundam had there own weapons and there own names. The lead Gundam was called Wing Zero and had a system on it that relayed the battle back to it's pilot making him the perfect warrior in battle, but this system also has been known to make the pilot go crazy if they don't master it. Gundam 02 was called Deathcyth. It was my favorite I would tape clips from the news about the suit and watch it over and over. It could blend in with the darkness of space and appear from nowhere. Gundam 03 was Sandrock the desert Gundam; it had two large swords it used to destroy its enemies. Lets see there was Gundam 04 Heavyarms It was armed with a large gun on its left arm and two smaller ones hidden behind a sliding panel on it's chest. And last came 05 Altron, the dragon Gundam. It had a large dragon on its left arm that could extend 20 feet with such power and force nothing could stand in its way. Dr. Pendragon made me study all of the Gundam and learn as much as I could about them. He had trained me in piloting Gundam training courses along with other suits.

 

"So the Gundams have made it to Earth…huh." I smiled watching the TV last I had heard the Gundams were fighting Oz in space. I stood up and turned off the TV. I know what I had to do now, there was nothing left here for me. I would destroy the house and take what I needed. I won't let those scum Oz get a hold of this house. If they tracked me back to the lab then they know about the house. I didn't have much time. I hurried up the stairs and into my room grabbing my bag and stuffing my clothing, disk, my laptop, weapons and anything more I needed. I looked around making sure I hadn't forgot anything, after taking the picture from my dresser I zipped up my bag. I stepped back into the hallway and walked to Pendragon's room. I paused only for a second or two at the door then went inside. Going straight to the bookshelf I scanned the books and reached up pulling a thick red book entitled "Powers from beyond" A soon as I pulled it the bookshelf pulled away. There right where Pendragon had told me years ago incase they were found out was a dial. The whole house was built under enough explosives to destroy the house and three miles of houses around it.

"Five minute should be enough time." I mumbled pulling the dial, as I did a small paper fell from the creak just big enough to put your hand through between the dial panel and the wall. I reached down picking the paper up. It was a letter with my name on it. I opened it reading it to myself:

 

Dear Serenity,

 

If you are reading this, it means I'm no longer around to take care of you. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for the way I treated you all these years. I always though of you as a daughter, and not as some soldier. I was wrong about you being weak, your strong then I could ever be. I can't help but think what it may have been like if I had never trained you as a warrior or if your parents were still alive. Now is your time Serenity, you must embrace your destiny. I have included a tracker that will lead you to a hidden underground bay where I've been working on your Gundam Rage of Hope. That is why I've been so busy lately. Be careful my daughter and may the gods be with you. I will watch over you wherever I am. I will love you always.

 

Dr. Thomas Pendragon

 

I held the letter close to my heart taking a deep breath before stuffing it in my pocket. I reached up pushing a switch starting the countdown. Then I got my butt out of there, down the stairs and out the door. I jumped into my jeep and put the metal to the petal. I looked at my watch keeping my eyes on the time.

"I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE IT!" My brain screamed as I pounded down on the gas, zooming down the dirt road.

Just then there was a loud BOOM as the shock wave from the blast chased after the jeep.

 

"Kuso" I know I couldn't get away from the blast I gripped the wheel hard as the blast hit me making the jeep rock. I lost control and flipped it three times. It skidded on its side for almost ten feet before coming to a stop. I could feel the heat from the blast on my face and hands as it passed over me. When it was gone I opened my eyes. I was covered in glass and cut but nothing was broken. I managed to crawl out of my ruined jeep and looked around. Everything was destroyed around her. Tress and wires were down for miles around.

"He put more explosive in there then he told me." I mumble pulling out my bag and took out the tracker. I turned it on heading into the down trees towards the signals. I walked for a good mile until I came to what looked like a down building. But by the looks of the wood and singles that lay around it was only a ten or so foot tall building. A Gundam was huge about fifty feet. I checked the tracker again to make sure I was in the right place. I was, then I started to dig through the remains of the building, looking for a door or something but all I found was an old rug. I pulled it away to find a large metal door and a control panel. I gripped the door trying to open it but there was no door handles or anything. There was a keyboard on the panel. The panel was blinking to input the code so I tried Pendragon. It beeped at me that the code was incorrect

 

Let's see lets try: Serenity

 

Nope

 

Rage Of Hope

 

Nothing

 

Gundam

 

Nope

 

I thought back to when I was a child; Pendragon used to call me "Cat" Because I always seemed to have nine lives. No matter how danger the mission I always landed on my feet. I typed in:

 

Cat

 

The light above the keyboard turned from red to green and the door opened.

Making sure I wasn't being followed I slipped through the door into a long dark stairway. The door slammed shut behind me leaving me in complete darkness. I fished out a lighter from my pocket and clicked it on. Shadows looked on the dark stone walls all around me as I started down the long stairs till I came to yet another metal door with no handle.

"Please state your name." A female's voice said through the panel.

"Serenity Joann Pendragon"

There was a soft humming sound as it ran the information through its banks.

"Welcome Miss Pendragon." The door slid open and a flash of light nearly blinded me. I covered them trying to protect them, it didn't take long for them to get use to the light and I put my arm down looking around. I was in a huge underground hanger. There was a workbench with many different tools and things on it, in one corner was a bunch of now black computers and in the center of the hanger covered in a white sheet was something huge. It had to be the Gundam. I walked over to it and yanked the sheet off and there she was standing before me the Gundam Rage of Hope my weapon against Oz. The cockpit door had been left open and there was a platform to the right of the Gundam the men used it to get to the higher parts of the Mobil suit. Stripping out of my clothing I put on my bodysuit Pendragon had me ware during training and crawled up the platform and into the cockpit. The cockpit was made up of a chair with two safety belts, Several screens to see the battle from all sides. I sat down in the chair and the door slide shut and the screens all around me turned on. It was just like in training. I put on the safety belt and the dark Hemet with dark visor that people couldn't see my face and started up Hopes engines. I reached over hitting a button on the panel and the bay doors above me opened. A few tress that where lying across the doors feel through the door bouncing off the Gundam. I smiled touching the panel lightly. I know this ship like the back of my hand. She had always been my Favorite ship to train with. More trees fall down into the bay laying on the workbench and the computers sending sparks across the bay floor. I closed my visor and blasted off of the bay. Hope purred like a kitten.

Hope that would be my nickname for her. I like it; it had a nice ring to it.

As soon as I was in the air above the trees I pulled the panel above my head down checking the weapons. I pushed a button and Hope hummed softly as her lasers warmed up. I smiled to myself as several alarms went off I look at around and saw ten suits coming at me. They weren't Gundams but they still could do some damage.

I smiled this would be fun. Firing my lasers I took out one of the suits, it blew up in a flame of color. Out of nowhere twenty more suits appeared firing at her. "Really fair 29 against one." I bite my bottom lip looking at the panel before me. I hadn't master the newly installed Zero system in Hope. It was dangers to use but there was so many more were appearing now. I reached over and typed in the code:

"ZERO" into the panel. All the screens turned dark red then back to normal as I turned on the zero system. I hated using it but 30 to one weren't good odds. Sweat rolled down my face as I blasted two suits away. One took a charge and came up behind me grabbing Hope tightly from behind, As the other suit shot at her. Hope shook from the shot causing me to fly forward against my restraints I felt me loosing control I could see my past my father Pendragon dyeing and me killing many colonies with this Gundam. The system was taking over. I closed my eyes trying to control my breathing but it was to late. I snapped. I no longer had control if my own body. My brain screamed to stop by my body just won't do it. Then in the refection of the screen I saw my eyes turn from brown to red.

 

"I WILL DESTROY MY ENEMIES!" I heard myself yell as I took out my Gundams saber and destroyed the suit that was shooting at me. Then I flipped the one holding me over my head destroying him before blasting off. I took out three more flying far away from the base into a new land I'd never seen before. The suits follow close behind still blasting at me. There was a rainfall of gunfire and it hit something importation, her systems started to crash and Hope started to fall out of the sky past what looked like a school and hit some tress. I fall forward in the crash landing hitting my head against edge of the panel and blacked out

 

When I awake I was in complete darkness. Was I dead? What was that stale smell? Then I know. If the systems had gone down there was no power and no power no lights or fresh O2 going through the suit. I pulled out a flashlight checking the damage. In the dim light I could see my eyes in the panels they where normal again. I sat back in my seat sighing. Outside overhead I could hear the roar of the suits chasing her passing by they most of thought she blow up and all the tress I saw before I crashed must be hiding us well.

Outside I could hear the dim sounds of voices outside. It must not of hid us well enough. Oz won't get away with this. I'll destroy them myself.

I undid my safety harness; I would destroy them with my bare hands if I had to. I pulled the screen back and pulled the hatch release. Two boys stood below me. One stood at Hope's feet as she was in a sitting position against a big oak tree. The other was a few feet away. They both where her age, the one at Hope's feet was a blond with blue eyes. She had seen him before but she couldn't put her finger on it. The other had wild almond brown hair and beautiful emerald green eyes. They both where very cute for enemies I watched them for a moment, both seemed to be unarmed, that was strange for Oz. They didn't look tough. The blond one looked up and started to open his mouth to say something I did a flip off of Hope. I saw him back up a step but it was to late I landed on top of him throwing him face down into the fresh mud.

"Trowa!" So the brown haired one was Trowa. Neither of them seemed to be in any kind of Oz uniforms but what looked like school uniforms. It didn't matter anyone who saw my Gundam would die. The one called Trowa saw that his blond haired friend was in trouble and pulled a gun from his pants. I looked up at him in time to see him running at me gun aimed. The gunshot rang out in my ear. I felt the burning in my shoulder. I cussed at him picking him up by his shirt with one hand while holding the blond with the other and throw Trowa five feet and against a tree knocking him out cold.

"Weak Soldiers" I mumbled shaking my head and turned back to the blond. I would kill them both with my bare hands for what they did to Dr. Pendragon.

I started pounding the blonde's head against a large rock. The mud mixed with blood as I pounded six, seven times. He screamed again, this time much louder. I didn't stop, they didn't show mercy to her foster father so why should she show it to him. I felt him go limp in my grip as he blacked out. And I didn't stop I would make sure he was dead before moving on to the brown haired man. Then I heard the click of the safety being removed from a gun. I turned seeing a pistol in my face. Then I saw another boy with short brown hair was holding the gun. He had cobalt blue eyes almost as cold as Pendragon's was when he was mad at her. I could see he was Japanese out of the corner of my eyes I saw a Chinese boy with black hair running over to Towa.

"Get up." The Japanese boy said in a deep cold voice. I shrugged and dropped the blonde's head stood. I looked around but there was no way to escape I was trapped.

 

"Is he alive?" The brown haired boy asked not moving his eyes on me. Someone came out of the darkness and kneeled next to the blond checking for any signs of life. At first I though it was a women because of the long beautiful chestnut hair, which was wore in a long braid. But when the chestnut haired youth looked up at me and said, " Yeah he's alive." I know it was a boy. He had such lovely violet eyes, just like the one's from my dreams but how could that be?

 

"What should we do with him Heero?" The blacked haired one said to the one holding the gun. Where have I heard that name before?

Heero stared coldly at me.

"Who are you and where did you get a Gundam?" When I didn't answer him he pointed the gun at my head. "Don't think he won't shot you in the head at this second." The braided boy said standing up. I smiled inside my helmet and kicked the gun out of his hand and pulled the dagger I kept in my boot and grabbed the braid of the boy holding the knife to his throat before anyone could react.

"Now Oz scum your going to do what I say if you want your friend here to live."

They looked at me weird the braided boy laughed. "Boy do you have it wrong." I put the knife closer a thin line of blood running down his neck.

"Don't lie to me, or your buddy gets a new mouth."

The braided boy elbowed me hard in the stomach I doubled over in pain taking a few steps dropping the dagger. I was waiting for one of the boys to pick up the gun or the dagger and finish me off but nothing came. Heero turned picking up the blond.

 

"Wufie you take Trowa. Heero said to the blacked haired boy. Wufie nodded going to still out Trowa.

"I'll take Quatre." Heero said carrying the blond. Now I know who he was. Quatre R. Winner. The boy millionaire. Oz murdered his father a few months before.

"Duo you help Mr. Personality back to our rooms, I have a few Questions for him.


"Why? Why not kill him now." The one called Duo said roughly over his shoulder rubbing his sore braid I did pull kind of hard. Heero shook his head. "Baka, we need to find out about the Gundam."

Duo rolled his eyes helping me up and to the road where a jeep was. He threw me not so kindly in the back and loaded the other injured before taking off down the road towards the school. I had no idea this would be the beginning of a great friendship.

 

 

Serenity: Well what you think I know its long but I have to tell her/my past. Anyway R&R and hopeful I'll have the next story typed up soon!