Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Two Wars ❯ Dinner Mayhem ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Siren: YES!! I finally finished this chapter!! Okay, so thanks for being so patient with me, I had a horrible case of writer's block and not only that but between school, work, and moving I have not had a lot of time to write. I will try and get chapter 3 up as soon as possible. Also thanks to everybody who reviewed I really appreciate the constructive criticism and I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Oh! Before I forget here is the disclaimer!!
Disclaimer: I sadly don't own Harry Potter or the Gundam Wing boys…I only wish I did.
Now enjoy this chapter!!
Dinner Mayhem
Duo looked at the retreating back of the boy he had just met and shook his head. He then picked up a platter and walked into the dinning room where the others where. The first thing he noticed was that Harry was not there. He looked at his fellow pilots asking a question with his eyes. When they each minutely shook their heads, showing they did not know where Harry had gone to. Making a decision Duo opened his mouth.
“So where is Harry?” Duo asked.
“He was sent to his room. My…nephew has already eaten and has some summer homework to do.” Petunia said in a haughty voice.
“Well it would if he was at the dinner table with us so we can get to know him since we are going to be looking in on him this summer.” Quatre requested in his sweet manner.
Petunia pressed her thin lips together and looked at them. “Very well I will call him down and he can eat at the dinner table with us. Harry!! Get down here now!!” There was a sound of feet coming down and then they all saw the young man again. `He looks way too thin compared to his whale of a cousin, if you can call him human at all.' Thought Wufei.
“You called me Aunt Petunia?”
“Yes, you are to…sit at the dinner table with us. It is a request of our guests so be on your best behavior. Do you understand me?
“Yes, Aunt Petunia I understand what you are saying.”
“Good now get the rest of the plates and finish setting the dinner table while I entertain our guests in the sitting room with your Uncle and cousin.”
“Yes Aunt Petunia.”
Harry walked back into the kitchen and picked up the last two platters of food and took then out to then table. Then he finished setting the table remembering at the last minute to add a place for himself. He looked around the room and saw the boys who had been invited over watching him, as if trying to figure out a difficult puzzle.
“The table is set Aunt Petunia.”
“Good. Why don't we all sit down to this lovely meal I have made for us all? Harry you will sit near the end of the table by your Uncle and as far away from our guests as possible.”
“Actually Mrs. Dursley, could Harry sit between Wufei and I please it would give us a change to get to know him.” Quatre asked politely.
Petunia gave a strained smile. “Of course I should have thought of that myself. If that's is okay with your friend then he can sit between the two of you. And by the way call-me Petunia.”
“Your too kind Mrs. Durs… I mean Petunia.” He replied with a slight smile. He looked at the others and they all nodded slightly to him to show that they would respect the request for now. As they all sat down to the table, the five boys exchanged a look, showing that they had changed the same undertones that Quatre had felt in the way the family interacted with each other but especially Harry.
When Harry sat down to dinner he tried not to think about his family to much but then, Duo asked about his parents.
“I don't remember they very much but-“ Harry started to say when is Aunt interrupted him, “My sister and her low life scum of a husband where killed in a car crash with Harry in the car because his father was drunk… again.” Petunia started.
Harry was furious when he heard this because now he knew the truth behind his parents deaths. “That's not true and…”
“Shut Up BOY!!” Shouted Vernon. The room started to rattle as Harry got madder and madder.
“But my parents where not…”
“I SAID SHUT UP BOY!!” Vernon shouted again as he started to turn purple in the face.
As Harry took deep calming breaths the room settled down. Harry looked down at his plate and whispered “Sorry Uncle.”
Vernon also calmed down knowing he had guests and didn't want to offend them.
“Sorry about that boys.” He said with a smile. The pilots had been looking on the argument and knew there was something going on that the Dursley's and Harry where not telling them and it started with Harry's parents.
“That is okay Mr. Dursley, how about we just finish dinner?” Duo said with a smile.
“Very well.” Replied Vernon. Thankfully the rest of dinner was not as exciting and Harry spoke little or not at all for the rest of the time. When dinner ended Harry cleared the table with the help of Duo, but only because he insisted and Petunia could not say no without a very good reason.
“Hey Harry! Why don't you walk us home so you can show us a little bit around the neighborhood?” called out Duo.
“Only if it is okay with my family, I don't want them to get upset with me.” Replied Harry.
“Hey Q-ball, can you ask Harry's family if it's okay for him to walk with us on our way home?” shouted Duo.
“Of course Duo, it will give us an opportunity to talk to Harry without his so called family around.” Quatre whispered back. Quatre turned around and walked over to the rest of the Dursley family and smiled at them before focusing his attention on Petunia.
“Petunia, would it be okay if Harry walked us home? It is not far as you know, but we , that is the others and I, thought it would be good for him to come with us to point out the different locations of anything important and to show us around a little.”
Petunia glanced at her husband before answering the question. “Would it not be better for my son to show you around?”
Quatre smiled. “No, because he is going with you on the trip correct? So there for it would be better for Harry the person we are looking after to show us the neighborhood.”
Petunia again looked at her husband and this time he nodded his head just the tiniest bit. “Very well, Harry may go with you to show you around the neighborhood. But he must be back before 10:00pm.” She said sternly.
Quatre looked pleased “That is fine it gives use two hours to get to know him and the neighborhood better.” He then spun on his heal and walked back to where Duo and Harry where standing in the kitchen to give them the news. ”So Duo I talked to Harry's family and they said it was okay as long as he is back by ten. Is that good enough for you?” Duo gave a whoop of joy and spun around in a circle before hugging the life out of poor bewildered Harry. Duo quickly ran to the other guys and gathered them at the door before grapping Harry. “Don't worry Harry will be back by ten!” Duo yelled before pushing the others out of the door and pulling Harry with him.