Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The X-Gene ❯ Truths Revealed ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The X-Gene

To the reviewer Touga Kiryuu, actually I've got an explanation for all that, it'll be appearing in the next chapter of "The Shifter" but if you'd like to hear about it sooner please send me an email and I'll reply with the whole sordid tale! ; )

********************************************************* *************************

Fey smiled from his seat the back of Gundam A/C's car. He was squished uncomfortably between Wufei and Quatre, but he didn't mind, after all, the little blond got the silliest looks on his face whilst trying to read him. "So, the kid you're looking for, what's his name?" He asked breaking the comfortable though unneeded silence. "Duo Maxwell, do you know the name?" Fey nodded, a frown marring his noble face.

"Yeah, he's one of my kids. What are you going to do when you find him?" Heero eyed him in the rear view mirror. "Our mission is to protect him, nothing more, nothing less. If he wishes to join us, that would be excellent. We can not afford to let him fall into the hands of our enemies." Fey nodded once again, accepting this answer. "Stop the car." The lion watched him for a moment before nodding and stopping car in front of a large pile of rubble.

"You see this mess? It used to be a beautiful church and orphanage. Unfortunately, this is all that's left of a place that was once full of hope for children. Shame really, but this is the reason the boy you're looking for became Duo Maxwell." Quatre gasped suddenly. "This is Maxwell Church?" Fey sighed. "No, Blondie, this was Maxwell Church. Now...now it's just debris and junk. Maxwell church only exists in the memories of those who saw it before its destruction."

"You saw it didn't you?" Trowa asked. "I was an orphan here too. The priest and nun were like the family I'd never known. God I miss them." His face fell for a moment before he stepped from the car and walked toward the rubble. "Ya think you can get a read from the ruins Blondie?" He asked. Quatre huffed cutely; he didn't much like being called Blondie. He stood at what he assumed was once the entrance to the building and closed his eyes.

His eyes flew open suddenly and he gasped so hard he began to choke. "Quatre! What's wrong?! Did you find him?" Trowa asked, concerned. The blond empath shook his head and tried speaking. "No...we've...got...company!" Just as the last word left his mouth a ball of electric energy hit the ground directly in front of Fey. He gasped at leapt backwards, landing in an ungraceful heap.

"Hey guys, it's those Gundam brats. Why don't we repay them for last month?" A tall blond asked his little group of cronies. "Hn, Alex, do you actually think that you could beat us?" Heero asked with a raised eyebrow. Alex's twin Muller growled. "We'll just see who takes the beating this time Wing." He spat the name out. "You know, we actually don't have to do this, just tell us where the Maxwell boy is, or we'll kill the blond?"

"What makes you think you'll be able to get close enough to Sandrock to do any damage?" Trowa asked, a smirk growing on his face. "Who said we need to get close?" Romefeller's leader, the Duke Dermail asked before a malicious grinned spread over his face and a sharp cry tore its way from the empath's throat. "No!" Trowa shouted as he rushed to the blonde's side. "What are you doing to him?!" Heero shouted, his eyes flashing a dangerous gold as he took a step forward.

Dermail just chuckled, his gaze set on Quatre. "He's tearing down his mental walls!" Fey shouted, jumping up from his position on the ground. "Leave him be!" He screamed, throwing his hand toward Dermail. Something strange happened then, something neither of the groups were expecting. Fey's image seemed to shimmer for a moment before it suddenly just vanished, leaving behind a small boy with stunning violet eyes and a calf-length braid of silky chestnut hair.

Sweat beaded on Dermail's brow as he fought to overcome the power of the boy standing not ten feet away from him. Finally he gasped and fell back. "Sorry buddy, but you can't ever match the power of Shinigami's mind." The short boy growled before the turned to look at the members of Gundam A/C. "Well don't just stand there! Let's get the Hell out of here!" He shouted as he took off at a full run for the car.

TBC

********************************************************* *************************

Whee! Another Chapter out, you guys have to admit I'm doing pretty damn well!

Ok here's the new calendar:

Wolfkin chapter 5 - Wednesday April 2

The Shifter chapter 7 - Thursday April 3

The X-Gene chapter 3 - Friday April 4

Review please! ; )