Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The X-Gene ❯ Tricks up my Sleeve ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The X-Gene

The boy spun around again when he realized that the four other boys stood stunned. "What the hell are you doing?! Stop being a bunch of targets and run!" Only when the others jolted into motion did he once again begin his sprint to the car. Within seconds the others were piled into the cramped space and speeding down the streets of L-2.

"You can slow down now, they're not following us." The small violet-eyed boy said once they'd reached the outskirts of the city. Heero slowed as he eyed the strange boy in the rear-view mirror. The rest of the ride back to the safe house was driven in silence, as no one knew what to say. The newcomer followed Gundam A/C quietly into the living room that, of course, was when all Hell broke loose.

"Who are you?!" Wufei blurted as he spun to face the petite brunette. The boy smirked as he answered. "You know, you look really angry. I thought you'd be happier to see me considering you've been looking for me all day." Four jaws dropped suddenly as realization set in. "You're Duo Maxwell?" Quatre asked. At his nod the blonde chuckled slightly. "It's funny, you've been helping us search for yourself."

"Are you a shape shifter too?" The Chinese youth asked as he examined the drastically different person in front of him. Duo shook his head. "No. I'm a telepath. Kind of like you except that you screw with people's emotions and I screw with their thoughts. What you saw wasn't real, it was only what I wanted you to see, an illusion that only existed in your own minds."

"What about the teleportation? Was that just an illusion as well?" Trowa asked. "No, but what I did wasn't teleportation either. I didn't want you to realize who I was and I didn't know if you knew what my powers were so I got a little creative. I showed you that I can speed up molecules right?" The others nodded, remembering the little bits that were left of the rusted tricycle.

"Well I can also slow them down. In effect I can freeze time." At the disbelieving looks on the others' faces, he picked up a tennis ball that was lying on the ground near the couch and tossed it into the air. He brought his hand up and the ball just stopped mid-drop. One would have assumed that he was telekinetically holding it in place, if it weren't for the fact that nothing on the ball moved an inch. Not even the little hairs ruffled or stiffed, as they would have if the air were blowing over them.

He shifted his hands again and the ball fell to the ground with a thud before bouncing and rolling under the couch. "And before you ask, the fire wasn't an illusion either, I have the ability to control any and all of the natural elements, including those that cause the weather."

Heero's eyes flashed gold suddenly, he was drawn to the small boy before him and he couldn't for the life of him figure out why. It had to be the lion that was making him feel this way. "Is that all, or have you got more tricks up your sleeve?" He asked a little frustrated. Duo chuckled. "Oh believe me, I've got plenty of tricks up my sleeve."

TBC

********************************************************* *************************

I know it's really short but I've got a major headache and I had to deal with the big slut that's replacing my boss whilst he's on sick leave so I'm really not in the mood to write. Next week's chapter will be longer. Promise. Here's the calendar:

Wolfkin chapter 6 - Wednesday April 8

The Shifter chapter 8 - Thursday April 9

The X-Gene chapter 3 - Friday April 10