Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Ultimate Sacrifice ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Warnings: yaoi, angst, AU, alternating POV's
Pairing:1x2, 1+R (nothing romantic though), implied 3+4
Disclaimer: Would I still be working if I owned GW?
Archive: GW on the Sanctuary Anywhere else, please ask first. Feedback: Send comments, good and bad, to lady_yaoi @ hotmail.com (remove spaces)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ultimate Sacrifice


AC 200
[Heero]

Inside and out, Duo is the most beautiful creature I have ever, will ever, know. As my eyes travel over his sleeping form. The gently parted soft rosebud lips, chestnut tendrils, loosed from his braid and gently curling around his face, the strong, lithe lines of his body - I want nothing more than to stay where I am forever. But a loud, and long, rumble from my stomach reminds me I haven't eaten in over twenty-four hours; I doubt Duo has either.

Slipping quietly from the bed I placed us in - again - yesterday, I take a quick shower - haven't done that in a while either. Before leaving to search out some food, I pause for another indulgent look at the boy who holds my heart. Beautiful. I hurry from our room, silently closing door behind me; I want to be back before he awakes.

--------------------------

Armed with take-out from down the street, and Duo's duffel bag that Wufei left for me, I return to our room. I froze in my tracks when I saw the empty bed in front of me. No, onegai... not again!

Bags slip from my lax fingers, my heart following them down to floor. Why... how... ? Did I not lock the door? Barely twenty-four hours after I find him and he's gone again? My eyes search everywhere for any sign of Duo; the faint impression of where he had lain in the bed is all they find.

I can't go through this again, I _can't_! The sharp sting of soon-to-come tears stabs at my eyes as fear, hopelessness, clenches around my body like a vice. Did he not mean it when he said he loves me? Has too much time passed? Did he not believe me? The sense of completeness I just felt starting to return was sucked from me by the emptiness of the room. Duo... oh god, Duo... _why_?! Memories of the last time my love left flash through my mind. This time, I'm alone to deal with Duo's absence... alone, helpless, scared. I won't live with the constant feeling of hollowness again. I... can't.

Through deadened eyes, I spy the bag that holds my clothes and one other item I've never given up; I can hear the cold, life-ending steel call to me.

Before I can take a step towards my bag, the soft click of a door opening permeates my thoughts, yanking my eyes towards the sound. The bathroom door opens, reveling the slightly damp form of Duo, a towel wrapped around his slim waist; I had him in my arms before I knew I'd moved.

"Oh god... I thought... thought..." All I can do is hold him tighter, relief pushing the previous fear from me, stealing coherent thought away.

Warm, damp arms wind their way around my waist, clasping over the small of my back. A low voice murmurs into my chest and I loosen my tight grip to hear the words more clearly. "... running away. No more hurting. Only want you happy."

We stand like that, just holding each other, content in the feeling of holding, of being held. The comforting, familiar feeling of Duo against me... his scent wafting lazily around me... the silky feel of his long chestnut locks against my cheek... I thank God, Budda, Allah... whoever... for giving him back to me.

One of my hands moves to cup Duo's face, raising his eyes to mine. They've gained a little of their old spark, but not all. Would they ever? Tenderly, I brush my lips lightly over his. The electric jolt that little action causes in me shouldn't have surprised me, but it does. And it did Duo as well. His eyes widen, a small gasp escaping from between his slightly parted lips. I dip my head to taste him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TBC