Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Vignettes ❯ Homecoming ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

_Vignettes: Homecoming_
Disclaimer: Not Mmmiiinnneee!!!
Author's Note: Takes place directly after _Heartbreak_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trowa looked out from the hotel the ex-Gundam pilots were staying at and worried. Quatre had gone out that afternoon just before the rain had started, and he hadn't come back yet. ~I wonder if he's alright?~ he mused. He turned back towards the window as his thoughts took a darker turn. ~I wonder if he's still on his date with Relena.~ He felt his heart clench with a familiar old pain.

~I don't have a chance with him. He's too good for me. I shouldn't even be thinking about him this way.~

His mind argued back and forth with itself.

~What could he possibly see in her?~

~All this time . . . Ever since he stayed at Sank with Hiiro~

~But I thought she loved Hiiro!~

~Yet they're so happy together . . .~

~Can't she see how much Hiiro needs her?~

~What could I possibly offer him? She has wealth, power, beauty; I'm just Nanashi.~

~Still, I can't help feeling . . . connected to him. I thought he felt it too.~

The sound of the door to his and Quatre's room opening drew him from his internal monologue. "Quatre" he said, turning around to face his partner. He was shocked at how bad he looked, soaked to the bone, shivering, with a look of despair on his face. "What happened to you?"
Quatre turned away a little. He made his way over to his bed and all but collapsed onto it. "Nothing. Nothing happened."
Trowa frowned. He pulled a towel from the hotel closet and wrapped it around Quatre's shaking form. Then he knelt down in front of Quatre. "You're not a very good liar. What happened?" Quatre looked up at him with watery blue eyes. "I'm your friend, Quatre." ~I wish I was more~ "You can tell me anything."
Quatre took a deep breath. "Relena and I . . . w-we broke up." He began sobbing. Trowa immediatly sat beside him and wrapped him in a warm hug. "Shh, now it's alright." he whispered. "You're not alone."

~Maybe I do have a chance~