Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Vignettes ❯ Conversations ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
_Conversations_
Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing, would I be writing fanfiction for it? I don't think so! Stupid company has all my money already . . . sue me and get my dirty socks!
Author's Note: Takes place during _Homecoming_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Quatre's back."
"I heard."
"He's crying."
"I heard."
"Fuck it 'Fei, don't you care at all!"
"Barton will take care of it."
"But . . . Dammit, Trowa's part of the problem!"
"Winner knows what he's doing."
"Don't you mean Trowa knows what he wants? Aren't you afraid he might take advantage of him in this state?"
"Dorlian knows what she's doing too."
"What the HELL does Relena have to do with this conversation!?!"
"They broke up."
"Yeah and fuck her, first Hiiro, now Q-man. That girl's got some seriously bad karma coming to her."
"She never played anyone Duo."
"Now you're defending her-"
"She never loved Yuy."
"Then why-"
"All the chasing and running around? Hiiro is just as instrumental to peace as she is. She couldn't allow him to kill himself."
"What about the time-"
"She was depressed. She didn't want to face her responsibilities at the time. She truly wanted to die at that point."
"What about Quatre? If she l-loved him why did she break his heart?"
"It was mutual."
"What do you mean?"
"They can't fight thier fate anymore."
"What the fuck does this have anything to do with Fate?"
"You just don't see it, do you Maxwell?"
"See what?!? Stop talking in riddles!"
"Winner and Dorlian are simply fufilling thier duties to maintain the peace."
"I don't understand. They're not getting married . . ."
"Marriage never stopped wars from occuring. They actually increased the conflict. Much more sensible for ordinary people from the Earth and the colonies marry. It's easy to fight people who you don't see as human."
"So . . ."
"What causes war?"
"I don't know. Fuckin' stupid anyway."
"Religion. Wealth. Fear. Ambition. Once you have a reason, all you need to do is dehumanize the enemy and the attacks just start breaking out."
"What does that have to with anything we've been talking about?"
"Of course, no matter how the war starts, you need weapons to win it."
"And?"
"Do you know what Barton and Yuy are?"
"Yeah, seriously screwed up."
"The last two wars, we only won them because we had the Gundams, right?"
"I guess so. But it wasn't just the Gundams, it was the pilots too."
"What's left for Barton and Yuy now that the war's over?"
"We-ell I don't know. I mean, Tro's got his sister, and Hiiro's not really that bad, he could learn more than just . . ."
"You're starting to get it. In thier own way, Barton and Yuy are weapons too. Yuy's been trained since he could walk how to kill, how to fufill a mission. Barton has not had Yuy's formal training, but has grown up in an equally, how shall I say it, challenging enviroment."
"But Hiiro and Trowa have no reason to break the peace."
"Nor do they have any reason to keep it. Why should Hiiro bother to learn new skills if the war could restart at any moment? I'm not even sure if Barton has a life beyond the war."
"Uh-"
"The rest of us are different, we all have reasons to keep living. Une, she has Marimaya. Sally, Noin and I, we have the Preventers. You and Hilde have a life together-"
"Not like that 'Fei."
"Catalonia's on a journey of self-discovery. Dorlian, Noventa and Winner all live to keep the peace between the Colonies and the Earth. But Yuy and Barton . . ."
"Hiiro's not that bad."
"Yes, maybe Yuy is the only one of us with the strength to stand alone in the changing world, but he shouldn't have to."
"Life ain't fair 'Fei."
"Nor is there a need to take needless risks."
"This'll kill them."
". . .?"
"Thier souls. Wufei, they love each other, but they're going to sacrifice they're own happiness to-"
"To heal two hurt people and give them a reason to live."
"They're so alone."
"I've been in thier shoes. It's not comfortable."
"You goin' to bed 'Fei?"
"Yes"
"Wufei?"
"Hn?"
"I don't want to be alone."
"I'll stay with you Duo."