Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Vignettes ❯ Bittersweet Lie ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
_Bittersweet Lie_
Disclaimer: This is the 4th in the series, if you still think I own Gundam Wing, you need serious help.
Author's Note: Hiiro POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a ritual I'm very familiar with.
I climb the tree and jump to her balcony (the tree is only 10 ft. from her balcony, an easy leap). The French doors are already open, but she is still sitting at her vanity, combing her long blonde hair. She watches me approach through her mirror, like predator and prey.
Except I'm the prey; she's arrranged this encounter as surely as Dorothy arranges a battleplan or quatre a corporate takeover. "Relena" I whisper.
"Hiiro"

I wonder what she sees as we do this. Does she see me, does she see how much i love her? Or does she see _him_? Whose glue eyes does she want to stare into? Is that why she always closes her eyes? Does she wish to see alabster skin, golden hair, an angelic countenence? Is that why she never speaks, is she afraid that she would call out the wrong name?
I have to remind myself, that she's mine. _I'm_ the one here with her, commiting this act, not _him_. She belongs to _me_.
But I would give anything to know that in her mind, her heart there is only me.

We finish and I hold her closely. I want her to look at me, to love me the way I love her. I hold her and I whisper softly, "Ai Shiteru, Relena."
She opens her eyes and looks at me, and in them I see the truth. "I love you." she whispers. She does not say who, does not reveal the secrets of her soul, but I know where her heart lies.
"I love you." It's a bittersweet lie, but it's all I have.