Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Violets, Braids, and Space Pirates? ❯ Chapter Thirteen ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Violets, Braids, and Space Pirates? (13 of ?)

Archived at fanfiction.net, mediaminer.org, and at Cali0cat's site, http://calic0cat.freeservers.com/ as Nightseer

Category: Romance, Fusion -Tenchi Universe

Pairings: Just friends for now, eventually 1x2x1, maybe 3+4

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own GW or TU.

Warnings: A few swear words, maybe a bit of sap and fluff here and there, the occasional drop of angst, my weird attempts at humor.

Spoilers: For Gundam Wing, not a one. For Tenchi Universe, probably

Feedback: Suggestions, comments, ideas, and even grammar and spelling corrections are all welcome.

"speech"

'thought'

*** *** location change

Cabbit Communication:

/Ryo-Ohki to Duo/

(Duo to Ryo-Ohki)-rare but Duo will occasionally speak telepathically to her.

Chapter Thirteen

***Galaxy Police Headquarters***

"No way! I won't do it!" Sam's face was defiant as he faced his Commander. "I refuse to get yelled at because you made a bad judgment call and can't weasel your way out of it. You don't pay me enough for the shit I already put up with!"

Treize slammed his hands on his desk, rising up to stare down at the blonde man. "Officer Kingston, I am your superior officer and I gave you a direct order. You will obey it!"

"I will not obey it! Barton's already pissed at Maxwell about his ship. I refuse to make myself a target my telling him that he's now stationed on some back water planet and has to play nice-nice with Jurai royalty. If I tell him that he'll turn Yagami around just to come kick my ass." Sam shook his head vehemently. "Not doing it, no way, no how!"

Treize threw his hands up in the air as he fell back into his seat. "What do you suggest I do; e-mail him his orders?" When Sam's face turned thoughtful Treize groaned. "I was being sarcastic Kingston."

"Actually it's not a bad idea. Rookies won't get terrorized, I won't get yelled at, and Yagami won't need an overall from Barton pulling a one eighty in hyper." Sam leaned forward, looking eager. "Just make it sound like his career is on the line and that looking after the Princesses is an honor and I'm pretty sure he'll do it."

Treize looked hopeful at the idea of not dealing with the temperamental detective. "You think he'll buy that?"

"The career thing, yes. The honor thing, no. But he should accept the orders with out too much of a fuss."

"I suppose it's better than dealing with Barton's temper but…" Treize sighed as he typed out the email.

"Don't think of it as cowardice sir. Think of it as…" Sam waved a hand, trying to find the right word.

"Proper allocation of resources?" Mary supplied helpfully from the doorway.

Treize's jaw dropped in shock. "How the bloody hell is this related to that?!"

"With all the budget cuts recently it makes sense to e-mail rather the phone him," she said with a shrug.

"Really?"

"No, but it sounded better then saying two grown men in their thirties are scared of a twenty one year old kid. Who by the way is only two hours away from the planet Earth, which means you might want to send that soon." She walked to the desk to drop off some reports.

Treize glared at the woman. "You've never met Barton, have you?"

Mary smirked as she cleaned out the out box. "Met him? I used to help Cathy change his diapers when he was a baby." She rearranged the reports in her arms as she walked back to the door. "Be sure to tell him Mare sends her love." Mary snickered as she shut the office door behind her.

Treize starred at the office door. "Small Universe, huh?"

"Yep."

"We're never going to live this down, are we?"

"Nope."

A few minutes passed in silence before Sam spoke up. "So, you gonna send that?"

***Earth***

"Hey Heero, wait up!"

'Not again.' Heero groaned as he turned around to find Zechs dodging students and teachers as he raced down the hall. It always amazed him that Zechs never ran into anyone or got his ponytail caught on a locker. Heero took a step back when Zechs jumped over a girl kneeling front over her locker. "Lu catch you flirting again?" he asked shoving the door open and walking out of the school.

Zechs looked offended as the tossed his blonde hair over his shoulder. "I do not flirt, I converse."

"Zechs, getting down on one knee and kissing Gwen's hand to say thank you qualifies as flirting."

"Okay I'll admit that might be flirting, but in my defense it was a last ditch effort to save my article." Reaching the stairs, the blonde hopped on to the railing and slid down. He landed on the sidewalk, skipping a few feet from the momentum.

"What about today at lunch with Miki?" Heero asked when he met his friend at the bottom of the stairs.

"I was asking if I could borrow her AP history notes." Zechs adjusted his bag as they walked to the bus stop.

"This morning with Alaric?"

"I need tutoring in German."

Heero shot Zechs a skeptical look. "You have a B average in that class."

"And I want an A."

"Alright, I'll buy that. What about Alison in our AP Biochem class?"

Zechs snorted. "Alison's not interested in the male sex. She has a girlfriend."

Heero's eyebrows shot up. "That explains what she and Nina were doing in the janitor's closet then."

"You didn't know?! Man, you really are computer obsessed." As the two boys passed the park Zechs slowed down and eventually stopped in front of the gates, starring. "Oi, hottie alert!"

"Who now?" Heero sighed.

Zechs pulled him over to the fence and pointed to the playground. "He's over there on the swings."

"Where? I don't see anyone."

The blonde thumped him on the head. "Him, the cute guy in the black. Damn, his hair's longer than mine."

"No wonder Lu get jealous all the time." Heero muttered, scanning the park a second time. His eyes narrowed when he saw who Zechs was talking about. "What's Duo doing here?"

Surprised, Zechs looked over at Heero and back to the guy on the swings. "You know him?"

"I do have a life outside of school, you know. I better go see why he's here." He began walking into the park. "I'll see you on Monday."

"Hey, can't I meet him?" Zechs yelled.

Heero turned around, walking backwards. "No you can't. Go home and apologize to your girlfriend."

"Jerk!" Zechs yelled, flipping him off before he walked off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Duo was in mid swing when he heard Heero call his name. Dropping his feet, he dragged the swing to a stop as Heero walked over. "Hey."

"What are you doing here?" Heero asked tersely.

"Grumpy much 'Ro?" Duo asked, kicking his feet to get the swing moving again.

"Only on days that end in y." Heero dropped his bag and sat down in the swing next to Duo. "Now answer the question baka. Why are you here?"

"Hilde found an old cookbook and decided to kick everyone out while she tested some recipes." Duo straightened his legs out as he swung forward. "So I thought I'd come hang out here awhile."

"Cookbook? We have a cookbook?" Heero rocked the swing slightly.

"Yes, you have a cookbook." Duo chuckled as he pumped his legs, going higher. "She found it in your Dad's study."

Heero's eyes almost popped out of his head. "She went in there?! Please tell me she didn't find his porn," he whimpered.

Duo couldn't help but laugh at Heero's pitiful expression. "Don't worry, if your Dad has a collection it's pretty well hidden. We didn't see it anywhere."

"Thank God." Heero sighed in relief. "Why were you guys in there anyways?"

"Well, after Relena apologized, she and Quatre decided to go to Ryu-Oh to check for messages and we were bored. So we went in there looking for something to read." Duo shrugged. "Didn't find much besides the cookbook though."

Confused, Heero looked over at Duo. "That room is full of books."

"I know but nothing that interested me at the time." Duo dropped his feet, slowing the swing down.

"Well, what were you looking for?"

Duo ducked his head, blushing. "Something educational I guess. I wanted to learn about this planet."

"Like what?"

"I don't know really. History, culture, maybe something on the religions practiced on this planet. It would help me get a better grasp on how things are here."

Heero stood up and pulled his backpack on. "Come on, let's go."

"Go where?" Duo asked, stopping the swing.

"The library, there has to be something there that you'd want to read."

Duo jumped off the swing and hugged the other boy. Heero looked down at the braided boy, raising an eyebrow.

"Um, sorry." Duo released him and stepped back.

"Hn."

"We're still going, right?"

"Yes, we're still going." Heero grabbed Duo's wrist and pulled him out of the playground. Duo choked back a laugh. "What?"

"I can't hug you but we can hold hands?"

"I'm not holding your hand."

"Close enough."

"Baka."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

While Relena checked on how Azaka and Kamidake were doing, Quatre was reading through the e-mail from HQ. 'I guess its official; we've been reassigned. I wonder how Trowa's taking this.' He calculated Trowa's arrival time and winced. 'I guess I'll find out soon enough.' After deliberating for a few seconds Quatre sent his partner a short message giving him exact coordinates and asked him to land in the lake next to Ryu-Oh. 'I really hope he's in a good mood.' Quatre sighed as he ejected his computer. Pocketing his computer, he made his way over to his cousin. Quatre bowed respectfully to the Guardians before facing the blonde girl. "Ready to go Relena?"

Relena dismissed the Guardians with a wave of her hand and straightened her dress. "Yes. Did you hear from Commander Kushrenada?"

"Yes. My partner and I have been permanently reassigned to this sector. Oh, before I forget, Trowa has a message for you from your father."

"Really? Do you know what it is about?"

Quatre shook his head. "No, but you'll find out in about an hour." He held his arm out for the princess.

"So soon? He must have had Yagami at top speed for most of the journey here. We better tell Hilde that there will be another dinner guest tonight." She placed her hand lightly on Quatre's wrist. "Ready?"

At Quatre's nod the two teleported out of the ship and back to the house.

TBC…