Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Virtual Reality ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Please do not sue. I have no money. I spent it fixing my computer so I could write this fic. I do not own any of the gundam pilots.

Please do not steal any of my ideas. I worked long and hard on it. Please read and review. It's the only way I can make this fic/series better. Want to post it somewhere? Be my guest. But please tell me where by emailing me.

// words in between are part of Heero's dream//


Chapter One
//It was the same girl. She had long chestnut brown hair that flowed freely around him. Her eyes were that of an unusual violet, her face in the shape of a heart. In the center was a perfectly formed nose and not far below was a pair of full and pouty, red lips.

Beautiful.

Heero noticed that the girl was slowly walking towards him. The girl's lips were moving but Heero could not hear a sound. As the girl came closer Heero subconsciously used his lip reading skills he had learnt as a child to interpret what he was saying.

//"My name is Duo. What's yours?"//

****


Wufei entered the large building of Virtual Reality Inc holding a large stack of papers in his right hand. He headed for the third floor, room 5B where he knew the programmer Heero Yuy would be. Upon reaching his destination he knocked before opening the door. There he found Heero typing rapidly into his computer, no doubt creating a new function for the company's new product.

"Great work Yuy." Wufei said and waved the papers in his hand. "I am very impressed with your work and have decided to put your proposed ideas into phase three of Operation Dreamer." The Chinese boy extended a hand to which Heero took hold of and shook firmly.

"There is no need to thank me sir. Creating ideas is only part of the job. "

"Now, Yuy there is no need to be so humble." Said Wufei. "I didn't just come here just to congratulate you on your good work."

Heero's eyes widened at the rare compliment that he was given by his boss and Wufei was sure that he now had the boy's full attention.

"I want you to be the first to test the product." Continued Wufei. "I want you to get a feel of it and then to help create the scenarios that you think would suit this product."

"Sir, are you sure you want me to be the first to test it? I mean sector two usually does all the testing doesn't it?" Heero paused to think back to the ideas he had proposed for Operation Dreamer. "No, I'm sorry sir but I don't think I can take up your offer."

Wufei's lip curled. "And why do you think that?"

"I don't believe that I have the right qualifications to complete such a task."

"Of course you do!" Wufei tapped the papers in his hand. "What do you think all this is? Rubbish? Recycled tree? No! This is all your hard work that has been examined by all the scientists in sector one and this is the first time that they have unanimously agreed on anything."

"But-"

"Listen to me Heero. Starting from tomorrow you will be working next to me in sector five. I want you to move all your belongings out of here and into the office next to mine by the end of today. If you fail to comply to my instructions then consider yourself unemployed." That said Wufei walked out the door leaving Heero utterly speechless.

The next day Heero walked into his new office next to his Boss's on level seven. There on his brand new desk he found a note.

Board meeting at 9:15. Bring your notes and any more ideas you may have. Testing begins at 10.

Heero checked the clock and found that it was almost time for the board meet. He headed towards the meeting room and found that most of the people were already there.

"Heero." It was his boss Wufei. "Glad to see that you've decided to join us on this exciting day." He patted the chair next to him. "Come sit."

Heero obediently did as requested and sat down.

"Heero I want you to meet Dorothy, our mind control specialist. She's in charge of overseeing all the functions in our new product and let me tell you that she is extremely pleased with what she has seen."

Dorothy smiled. "Pleased to meet you." She said and looked the young programmer directly in the eye. "Heero, I find your work to stand out. Of course this may probably be because it's so neat and efficient but I've also found many of your ideas that you present to be unique. I'll explain more on that when we come to do the testing."

Heero nodded.


"Next we have Quatre, our empath. He monitors the emotions and any strong feelings that one may experience during the testing phase." Explained Wufei. "Quatre has the power to call a complete shutdown if finds fault in a person's emotional response."

Heero suddenly felt a whole lot better now he knew that there would be somebody responsible should an accident occur.

"These two are the most important people throughout the entire operation and now that I have introduced you to them why don't I let you do your own introduction and allow you to present your ideas?"

Heero stood up and shuffled his papers nervously. "As you all should know, my name is Heero Yuy and I was a programmer. The ideas that you have read about were inspired by a recurring dream that I've been having for the past two years. I have this dream at least twice a week and do not know what triggers it. My ideas are not intended to be turned into a game as I believe that dreams are not to be toyed with."

A few heads nodded in agreement to his last statement and Heero continued.

"I believe that dreams are personal things and since the product requires a person to dream I wish to make sure that this product will be made for personal use only."

"But of course!" interrupted Wufei. "Operation dreamer was designed to allow the user to see another side of themselves, their missing half. That is definitely a personal issue and therefore will be made for personal use only. Quatre has even considered adding a password protection function safeguard such personal belongings."

Heero nodded in Quatre's direction, silently acknowledging the boy's sensitivity towards such personal matters.

"Now that I have the security measures confirmed I will tell you about my dream."


Everybody immediately straightened in his or her chair. They all gave their full attention to Heero.

"My recurring dream is about a girl. She comes up to me on most nights, just walking towards me. I can see her lips moving and yet I cannot hear anything she says. When I ask her to say something I cannot hear myself talking either. It is a strange dream that has been happening for the past few years and sometimes I wonder if I will ever meet her in real life."

"That is wonderful to hear!" Dorothy said excitedly. "We could use Operation dreamer to help you meet the girl."

Heero blushed furiously at the comment. "I cannot, its too-"

"Excellent suggestion Dorothy! Absolutely wonderful idea." Wufei said and clapped his hands together. "Right we should get this into the testing phase straight away. You are all dismissed from this meeting. I want to see you all in the testing room by ten!"

Heero sighed and stood up to leave the room when he felt a hand clap his shoulder.

"Quatre?"

"Whats wrong Heero? Don't you want to be part of this exciting new invention?"

"I…I do. Its just that…I can only see her in my dreams. I can sort of remember what he looks like when I am awake but only vaguely if you understand what I mean."

"I understand Heero. I'll talk to Wufei about it." Quatre paused and then chuckled quietly to himself.

"What?"

"Just think about it." Quatre laughed. "If the testing phase works then you would literally be meeting the girl of your dreams. Wouldn't that be fantastic?"

Heero could only nod in agreement.