Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Walkiing in Shadows ❯ Sweet Awakenings ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]


Authors: Deathangelgw and Nightshadow
Disclaimer: They aren't ours....but we can sure as hell play with them!!!
Note: *coos* We are BOTH so happy with the hit this has been! We are having a LOT of fun writing it! Some...interesting things start popping up for Fei and Duo in this one, kinda a prequel to what's going on in the next part (which might have some serious lemon in it...don't know yet!) Sooooo ENJOY!! Please review!

'thoughts'
*thoughts*

Walking in the Shadows. Pt. 5/?

Sighing softly as the morning sun hit his face, Wufei buried his face into the soft body he was wrapped around. He mumbled something about kittens and little brownie devils as he dozed off again. Waking slightly, Duo watched Wufei curl back against him before stretching slowly. Wufei frowned at the shifting occurring under him and whimpered softly, tightening his hold and nuzzling into the warm chest he was laying on. Smiling, Duo stroked his back gently. "Shh. I'm here. Just sleep." Wufei sighed softly, happily, and pressed a light kiss to the chest he was laying on before falling back into his deep sleep.

A soft knock on the door sounded. Looking at the sleeping figure, Duo whistled quickly, hoping it wouldn't wake him. Trowa poked his head in; his soft smile crossing briefly as he saw the comfortable king, then walked over to the bed. "How is he?" he asked softly as he knelt down next to the bed.

"Tired. Exhausted. He needs his rest. Was dizzy yesterday, so I carried him to eat. He fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow" Sighing, Duo caressed the ebony locks. "I take it Heero's gonna be upset with me, ne?"

Trowa chuckled softly and shook his head. "Actually...he got a perverse pleasure in telling the advisors off after they interrupted him and Larak. He wasn't pleased about THAT let me tell you." he said softly and grinned.

Chuckling, Duo grinned. "Good. The cluckers deserve it." Curious, he turned his head slightly. "What'd they bug him for?"

Rolling his eyes, Trowa said, "They were wondering why we weren't letting them in to see his Majesty and felt that Heero should know and 'deal' with it." He grinned wickedly as he remembered the fact that both Larak AND Shalon had had to hold Heero back he was so angry.

"Needless to say, the advisors are lying low today." Trowa said grinning.

Returning the grin, Duo looked down at Fei. "I would have paid to see that and that's good, because I doubt 'Fei is up to much today, not if he's slept this long. How long has he been like this?"

Trowa frowned slightly as he looked down at his king. "Been like what?" he asked politely, wondering as well at this sudden occurrence and how Duo was able to chase away the nightmares.

Frowning Duo waved his free hand about. "Not sleeping and so forth. This can't have been a few days occurrence."

Sighing softly, Trowa looked away. "I'm not sure how much I should tell you..." he said unsuredly.

Smiling, Duo raised himself to a sitting position. "Why not start with what 'Fei told me? He's one of three who controls the barrier. Has a tattoo on his chest, which means he's made a pact with the Guardians and the Underworld. He has nightmares and fears sometimes for his soul. Let's see. I think that's all."

Trowa blew out a breath and sighed softly. "He told you...some of the basics. I'm not sure how much I can say, but I can tell you some. When his Majesty took up his royal duties, he also took up his heritage as one of the three Guardians. A ritual occurred, bonding him with the Veil between life and death. It....bonds his soul with the barrier, but it....never mind on that....that is for him to say." Trowa shook his head, but then continued. "He has had the nightmares ever since he became King and Guardian...it is one of the prices of his duties. Sometimes....he'd just pace the palace, not wanting to even close his eyes. There were some times that we had to drug him in order to make sure he got some sleep." he said sadly, biting his lip and looking away.

"In other words. It's been a long haul." Sighing, Duo looked down at the sleeping king. "And I thought I had it bad. At least I had a get away."

Nodding in sympathy, Trowa looked at Duo. "Duo....how do you do it? How do you soothe the nightmares that no amount of sleeping potion or chant has ever soothed?" he asked softly, eyes shining with curiosity.

Shaking his head, Duo smiled wryly. "I have absolutely no idea. I'm just here. I talk to him, sing, or touch him. That's all. I'm just here."

Frowning at this, Trowa shook his head, looking down. "Duo...can I be honest with you?" Trowa asked quietly as he looked at his booted feet.

Frowning slightly, Duo nodded. "Sure. I'd hope you'd be."

"Our king...Wufei....we have known him since we were but in diapers. We have all grown up together and love him very much. It...broke our hearts to lose him to his duties....not being able to help him in any way...and seeing his loneliness." Trowa said softly, his eyes shimmering very slightly with tears. "Duo...he's never loved...never been loved...not in that way. I...beg of you....don't hurt him." He said softly, then looked up at Duo.

Touching Trowa's hand, Duo looked at him seriously. "I won't. I would never of my own will hurt him. This I swear to you."

Smiling softly in relief, Trowa touched the hand touching his in gratitude. Standing, Trowa smirked. "Shall I call up some food for you two? Any requests?" He asked, then cocked an eyebrow as Wufei snuggled very close to Duo, wrapping a leg across Duo's.

Closing his eyes, Duo counted to ten before answering. "Convince him to stop teasing me even though he doesn't know he's doing it? Besides that, fruit, pancakes, sausage, bacon and oatmeal."

Making a mental list as he snickered, Trowa smiled indulgently. "He is indeed naive. He was very surprised when Heero and Larak announced their bonding. He....has no clue in love and the whole act of his unconscious snuggling is indeed a compliment." Trowa said reassuringly. "For he has never even allowed himself the total possibility of friends or lovers." he said sadly, a wistful smile on his lips.

Groaning, Duo closed his eyes again. "I AM glad, but every time he does something like that, I have to remind myself NOT to jump him."

Trowa smiled softly, smirking as Wufei snuggled again, his leg twining with Duo's. "Duo...I think you've showed him enough restraint. Just...don't force him into anything. If he teases unconsciously....tease him right back." Trowa said and then turned away. With a grin and a backhand wave, he left the room to get the food, the door clicking shut behind him.

*Now that, sounds like a plan...* Grinning, Duo looked at the sleeping figure, then quickly removed his tunic. Wufei whimpered as Duo's body left his own briefly, then sighed softly and snuggled closely back to him. He purred softly as he felt the soft flesh touching his own, not even conscious of the fact. *So much better and so much worse...* Smiling softly, Duo let his hands play in the other's hair. Wufei purred softly again and pushed into the caresses. His arms wrapped around Duo's waist and he arched closer, his leg moving up and down Duo's leg. His eyes moved rapidly underneath his eyelids, showing his dream state.

Moaning softly, Duo poked him lightly in the side. "'Fei, it's almost time to eat." Nuzzling into the warm chest, Wufei growled softly in protest. His hold tightened, making it clear he didn't want to wake up from the dream he was having. Poking him again, Duo chuckled. "Wake up now. I'm sure you'll like reality just as much...I know I do."

Wufei mumbled softly then slowly opened his eyes. He yawned deeply, stretching out, then snuggled closer to Duo. "Mmmm...So warm, Duo..." he sighed softly, his cheek rubbing against Duo's chest in pleasure. Suddenly, he froze his eyes wide with surprise. He looked up slowly at Duo, his eyes filled with fear of rejection as he realized just WHAT he had been doing.

Smiling softly, Duo placed a gentle kiss upon his brow. "Morning, 'Fei. Sleep well?"

Swallowing hard, Wufei nodded dumbly, blushing brightly. "D-duo....I'm...s-so sorry...I...have I...oh gods Duo I'm so sorry!" he stuttered out, burying his face into Duo's chest in embarrassment.

Smiling softly, Duo ran a gentle hand down Wufei's back. "It's perfectly alright, 'Fei. I didn't mind at all. You can always feel free in showing me how you feel. It doesn't bother me at all." he said soothingly.

Looking up in relieved surprise, Wufei smiled tremulously at him. "You...you did? I...didn't....embarrass you?" he asked uncertainly yet hopefully.

Shaking his head, Duo smiled broadly. "Not one bit."

Sighing in relief as he relaxed, Wufei smiled back. "I'm so glad....I don't want to lose..." he shook his head, stopping himself before he got himself into anymore trouble.

Touching the other's face, Duo smiled sadly. "You won't lose me, 'Fei. Just be yourself and forget proper and improper. DO what you feel, when you feel like it. You canna embarrass me."

Wufei smiled softly at Duo, then leaned in and brushed his lips across Duo's very briefly. He pulled back and smiled, biting his lip slightly. "Like...that?" he asked timidly.

Sighing, Duo closed his eyes at the soft touch. "Exactly like that. Or anything else."

His cheeks tinged pink in both delight and embarrassment, Wufei leaned in and brushed his lips across the closed eyelids. His hand tentatively came up and timidly caressed Duo's face. Moaning softly, Duo ran his hands down the other's back, turning his head to kiss the palm of Wufei's hand in silent encouragement. Gasping very softly in both surprise and sudden pleasure, Wufei looked down at Duo. He swallowed hard as his hand caressed a bit more boldly, tracing cheeks, eyes, and lips. He leaned in again and brushed his lips more boldly across Duo's. Smiling, Duo opened his mouth to lightly caress Wufei's lips with his tongue. Gasping softly in surprise, Wufei pulled away a bit, startled. His wide eyes looked down at Duo's, confusion and fear in his eyes. A sudden knocking on his door broke the spell and he shook himself, looking away. "Enter!"

Frowning, Duo wondered what he'd done wrong. "'Fei?"

Trowa stepped into the room with a tray filled with the food Duo had ordered. "Sorry I took so long. Shalon decided to be a snot and tried to mess up the order." he said amiably as he walked over to the table.

Wufei smiled slightly, his eyes sad and worried as he glanced down at Duo. "T-time to eat, huh? Dinner?" he asked, trying to swallow the tears that threatened.

Nodding, Duo smiled slightly. "Yep, time for dinner." *And time for us to talk...*

Trowa snorted. "It's time for breakfast, don't you mean, Duo?" he said as he placed the tray down.

Wufei's eyes widened in surprise. "B-breakfast? But...I...have meetings...and and..." he whispered in shock, his hands pressing slightly into Duo as if to confirm he was real.

"Oh yeah. I forgot for a minute." Duo mumbled, more to himself, before turning to Wufei and resting his hands atop the others. "It is breakfast, 'Fei. Heero took care of the meetings of yesterday. You ok?"

"I-I slept...that whole time? I..." Wufei was visibly shaken as he gazed at Duo in shock.

Trowa came over by the bed and knelt down. "Your majesty....there were no problems. We took care of everything. It is our duty and honor. You can rest assured." he said softly.

Wufei bit his lip as he looked at his loyal bodyguard. "Thank you, Trowa...please...leave us?" he asked very softly. Trowa nodded once and left the room. Once the door shut though, Wufei lost what small control he had and sobbed softly, leaning onto Duo's chest as he sobbed.

Holding Wufei tightly, Duo let him cry it out, running his hands soothingly down the other's back. "It's alright, 'Fei. Truly it is."

"I failed...I failed, Duo! I let them down because I was so weak!" Wufei sobbed out softly. He clung to the longhaired man as he cried, feeling the disappointment crash over him.

"'Fei, look at me." Duo spoke softly, calmly waiting for the other to meet his gaze. Bringing his tearstained face up, Wufei locked gazes with Duo. His eyes were filled with sadness and remorse as he looked at the other man. Reassurance and calm purpose filled Duo's. "You have done nothing wrong. You needed the rest. You were on the verge of a total burn out. Your body took the chance to heal itself of the damage done by little sleep and food. You have failed no one."

Shaking his head in denial, Wufei felt more tears roll down his face. "But I did, Duo...I did. I am the King. It is my responsibility and duty to lead and guide this country as well as protect it with my very soul. I...cannot back away from my duties." he said, his voice cracking with sorrow.

Holding the other, tightly, Duo sighed. "Yes you are the King. And you have not backed away from your duties. You have simply made sure you can do them more efficiently. A tired person cannot function as well as someone who's rested."

"It's been almost eight years since I've been 'well rested'." Wufei's now bitter voice said softly as he snuggled close to Duo. "I'm sorry Duo."

Shocked, Duo looked at him stunned. "Whatever for? You haven't done a thing wrong, 'Fei"

"I hurt you...I saw it in your eyes..." Wufei whispered softly, miserably. He squeezed his eyes shut, feeling the tears pour out.

Holding him tight, Duo rubbed his back comfortingly. "It's alright, 'Fei. I'm fine. I didn't mean to scare you, but tis ok to be scared. This is all new. There's nothing wrong with being scared."

"I...led you along...I...I'm so sorry...." Wufei whimpered out softly, holding onto Duo tightly. "I didn't mean to...."

"'Fei, stop apologizing, please? You've done nothing wrong, I promise you. There's no need for an apology," Sighing softly, Duo rested his head atop Wufei's. Wufei frowned slightly as he nodded, curling up with Duo. He wrapped himself around Duo, holding onto him tightly. Running a soothing hand down Wufei's back, Duo smiled. "You know, you kiss oh so sweetly. I'm glad you do."

Wufei's whole body blushed bright red. "R-really?" he asked softly, his eyes and fingers becoming suddenly very interested in the skin before him as he nervously twirled them around Duo's nipple. "I...was?" he queried.

"Yes, you were. And if you don't stop that I shall go insane and breakfast will get cold." Grinning slightly, Duo kissed Wufei's cheek before poking him gently in the side.

"D-doing what?" Wufei asked in surprise as he looked at Duo. If anything, his nervousness increased the activity without his knowing.

Chuckling softly, Duo placed a kiss on his other cheek. "You, 'Fei, are an everlasting delight."

"I-I am??" Wufei blushed an even deeper red as he smiled slightly. His fingers stopped, then slid back to wrap around Duo in a hug as Wufei nestled close to his friend.

"Yes, you are." Sighing contentedly, Duo held the other close as he sat up. "What do you say to eating now?"

"I...wouldn't mind just staying here..." Wufei whispered softly, laying his head on Duo's chest. His stomach though thought to betray him, growling its discontent loudly.

"I think your stomach would prefer the food. We can always choose to share a chair though. What do you think?" Duo said, smiling softly.

"Ok..." Wufei said quietly, then sat up. He flopped back down suddenly as dizziness assaulted his head and he moaned.

"I take it I'm the movable one again. Fine by me." Somewhat worried by Wufei's condition, Duo cradled him close before walking over to their breakfast and sitting down. "Now to eat."

"Sorry...Duo...I don't mean to be such a burden." Wufei whispered softly as he felt more tears gather. He felt frustrated, confused, and terrified at what was happening to him.

Snorting softly, Duo hugged him. "You're not a burden. A burden is someone who doesn't give a damn and takes advantage of everyone. You are most certainly not that."

Snuggling closer, Wufei sighed softly. "I just don't know what's happening to me..." he said softly, then reached over weakly for some fruit.

"Your body's just taking the time it needs to rest. Food helps too. You haven't eaten since breakfast after all. You'll be fine." Smiling, Duo snagged a piece of bacon to munch on. Sighing softly, Wufei didn't say anything as he frowned and munched on a sausage. He shifted on Duo's lap and grabbed some pancakes, drowning them in strawberry syrup before cutting into them. Not liking the sight of the other's frown, Duo waited until he'd swallowed a bite of pancakes before tickling him gently.

Yelping in surprise, Wufei jerked back, landing against Duo as he laughed. "No Duo! Don't tickle!" he said laughingly, squirming on the longhaired man's lap.

Pouting, Duo stopped momentarily. "Why not? You should smile more and when I tickle you, you smile and laugh. Both very good things in my book."

Panting softly as his head fell back against Duo's shoulder, Wufei gasped out, "It's...not...fair..."

Grinning, Duo tickled him quickly, before stopping again. "Very little in life is. At least this is a good unfair."

Panting again from the giggles that had come from the brief contact, Wufei shook his head. He looked at Duo's face from the side and smirked, then deliberately wiggled against Duo slowly. "A very good unfair." he said softly.

Moaning slightly, Duo smiled before snatching a piece of sausage and holding it out to Wufei. "A VERY good unfair." Leaning in with a smile, Wufei took a bite of the sausage, his hands coming down to rest on Duo's thighs. He licked his lips after swallowing, then took the rest of the sausage into his mouth. Groaning, Duo slowly removed his fingers from the others lips. "I swear you love torturing me. Who am I to complain though? It's rather pleasant..."

"Me? I don't torture anyone..." Wufei said impishly as he licked his lips. He reached over and grabbed some of the melon he so loved and offered it to Duo with a small smile. Smiling back, Duo took the sweet fruit in his mouth while caressing the others fingers lightly with his tongue. Eyes wide as they watched, Wufei felt a soft moan leave his lips. He watched that sensual mouth mold around his fingers, feeling the light caresses and suction on his fingers.

Pulling back, Duo grinned. "Like that?" Still grinning, he offered Wufei a bite of the strawberry covered pancakes. Feeling his cheeks burning with a flush, Wufei mutely took the pancake offering, chewing it slowly before swallowing and licking his lips. He reached over and grabbed some bacon, offering it to Duo with wide impish eyes. Leaning forward, Duo slowly ate the bacon from Wufei's hand. Wufei's mouth followed the bacon as he kissed Duo, moaning softly. His fingers dropped to their laps as his tongue swirled in Duo's mouth. Pulling Wufei close, Duo opened to him, returning the kiss fervently. *Quick learner...* Wufei whimpered softly in pleasure as his tongue sparred with Duo's. His hand came up, rubbing against Duo's chest, finding a nipple and circling it slowly.

Suddenly, a knock on the door sounded and Heero stepped in, followed by Shalon. "Duo...we wanted to...oh dear gods..." his voice trailed off as he saw his king and the longhaired man kissing passionately.

Breaking off the kiss at another's voice, Duo grinned slightly before whispering to Wufei. "Company, sweet one." Turning back to the others, he smiled, his arms still wrapped about the other man. "Morning, Shalon, Heero."

Watching the display, Shalon smiled wistfully. *One day, I'll know what that's like...* "Morning Duo, Your Highness."

Wufei moaned softly, both in embarrassment and in disappointment as he buried his face in Duo's neck. Heero's eye twitched slightly before he glared coldly at Duo. "And just what were you doing to his majesty??" he demanded. Wufei snorted and started laughing.

Grinning, Duo chuckled softly. "Far as I know I was being kissed by him and kissing back. We did eat some first of course."

Walking up to Heero, Shalon whispered to him. "Heero, look at them. Really look at them. They remind me of when you and Larak were getting together. They look so happy..."

Wufei's laughter had simmered down to chuckles as he snuggled close to Duo. "Yes...we ate some...and I did start that kissing now didn't I?" he said rather impishly.

Heero just watched them silently, his face softened with a happy look. He shook his head slightly, then put on a somewhat softer version of his usual cold mask as he said, "Your majesty...I know that you would like to rest more...but we can't cover for you anymore." He looked down regretfully as Wufei turned sad eyes up to him, looking heartbroken.

Seeing the other's expression, Duo returned to tickling him again before smiling softly. "Guess that means I get to follow you about and annoy the cluckers."

Seeing the change in Heero's expression, Shalon stepped back, smiling slightly.

A soft smile crossed Wufei's lips as he looked at his friend. "Ok...you just have to be good." he said and grinned.

Heero sighed in soft relief. 'Perhaps Duo will indeed be good for him...' he thought to himself.

"Who me? But I'm always good! It's just everyone else who thinks I'm bad." Duo grinned mischievously, tossing his head so his braid moved to wrap about him and Wufei.

Grinning back, Wufei leaned in. "Very...good..." he murmured quietly, brushing his lips teasingly across Duo's.

Heero cleared his throat, reminding them that they were still there. "Your majesty...shall I have clothes brought for you both and a bath prepared so you may get ready?" he asked in a semi annoyed voice.

Wufei snickered softly and said softly, "What if I say I wanted to just walk around without any clothes?" Heero choked as he stared at his king.

Chuckling Duo grinned. "I do believe I've awakened a delightful Sprite. But why not save the parading about for me, hmm? I'm not exactly partial to sharing, especially not someone as delightful as you. Please?"

"Ok, Duo." Wufei said, docile, as he nuzzled the other man's neck, purring.

Heero felt his eyebrow twitch. "Oh lords of the sky he's purring..." he said very softly.

Grinning, Shalon nudged Heero. "And you haven't purred a few times before?"

Heero tossed a glare at Shalon, then sighed softly. "Let's go and get those clothes up and the bath ready." he said before turning back just in time to see Wufei licking a light trail up to Duo's ear before whispering something. Heero felt his face becoming an even redder version of pink than it already was. Chuckling, Shalon followed Heero out. He loved seeing his leader flustered. It was an all too rare sight.

Sighing, Duo placed a kiss on the other's temple. "Alright, my Sprite. You're not going anywhere till you eat something, so how about the oatmeal with fruit in it?"

Wufei whispered softly in Duo's ear, "What if I want something else?" He purred softly.

Grinning, Duo laughed softly. "Oh, you'll get it...eventually. Oatmeal and fruit first, or I dislodge you from my lap."

Wufei pouted as he leaned up. "But Duo..." he said, sounding like a small child. He looked at the braided man for a minute, then seemed to shake himself, looking slightly pale and chagrined. "I'm.... so sorry, Duo. I... just don't know what came over me just then..." he whispered softly, his eyes wide and fearful.

Smiling softly, Duo caressed the other's face gently, while holding him tightly. " 'Fei, you did nothing wrong. I enjoyed you saying and doing what you did. I was only teasing about the dislodging. The food though should be eaten. After all, it takes a great deal of energy to do that something else. Just the thought of sharing that with you delights me. I just want to make sure you stay healthy, though, ok? That's the only reason I was trying to get you to eat first."

Wufei nodded, then shivered. "Duo....I don't know what's wrong with me. This has...never happened before. I'm....afraid." he whispered softly, trembling as he cuddled closer to Duo.

Holding the young king close, Duo slowly caressed his back and hair. "Exactly what's never happened before, 'Fei. Maybe its something I can explain or we can figure it out. If neither of those options work, we can always ask Larak."

Wufei shivered again. "I...wish I knew, Duo. I...just can't explain it. These...weird sleeping spells, the sudden dizziness, and then...those...cravings. It's like...something's trying to get out." he said quietly, his eyes wide as he shivered. "It's like...I...need something so much that if I don't do it....then..." he trailed off, unsure as to what he was feeling.

"Well, first of all let's eat. Then we'll see about that something else you mentioned. One step at a time, 'Fei. We've got as long as we choose to have." Smiling softly, Duo mixed some fruit into the oatmeal before offering it to Wufei.

Wufei opened his mouth obediently and swallowed the oatmeal after chewing for a bit. He grimaced as he said, "It's cold...ick...that's what I get for playing..." He sighed, then brought his hand up. It glowed softly, a warm glow, and he touched the bowl, warming the contents.

Taking a bite of the oatmeal once it was warm, Duo grinned. "You're right. It does taste good warm."

Wufei chuckled, then tried to pout. "You're mocking me." he said and sniffed, looking away.

"Who? Me?" Moving quickly, Duo kissed the tip of Wufei's nose, before putting on his angelic face and offering a spoonful of oatmeal.

Opening his mouth as he crossed his arms, Wufei took the offering. He swallowed and said softly, "Yes you...only you..."

Resting his chin on Wufei's shoulder, Duo spoke softly before offering some more. "I know 'Fei. I know."

Smiling softly, Wufei obediently ate everything that was presented to him. Once they had finished everything, he got up, stretching. "And a bath sounds wonderful..." he purred softly as he looked down at his friend.

Relaxing into the chair, Duo watched the play of well-toned muscles as Wufei stretched. "I agree wholeheartedly."

Wufei felt a blush cross his cheeks as he looked down at Duo. He held out his hand tentatively and said, "Shall we?"

Taking the hand, Duo smiled warmly. "Aye, we shall. Lead on, my Sprite."

+++++++++++++++

Heero followed Shalon out quickly, trying to hide his blushing face as he gave orders to the servants. After they left, he growled to Shalon, "Not a word of this to anyone...hear?"

"Of course, Heero. I'll let the others seek their own moments." Grinning Shalon bowed mockingly to his superior.

Heero lightly whapped his friend upside the head, a small grin on his face. Then he frowned slightly. "Shalon...has the king ever acted like that after one of his really bad episodes that you've seen?" he asked softly, crossing his arms. 'Something just doesn't feel right...'

Turning away from Heero, Shalon thought back to past occurrences then shook his head. "Not to my knowledge, no. But, then again he has also never slept this long without interruption. He's also never shown this much feeling for another. I believe this is more a case of new circumstances than any harm being committed."

Frowning in thought, Heero crossed his arms across his chest. "I wonder...if perhaps there is something about the king's bloodline that we don't know about." he said thoughtfully. He sighed and rubbed his face. "Let's go talk to the others and Larak...they might have knowledge we don't." he said firmly, though inside he was incredibly doubtful.

Nodding, Shalon turned back to Heero. "You mean pick Larak's brain. I'm sure he knows something. He ALWAYS knows something. He just doesn't ALWAYS tell people."

Heero rolled his eyes. "Yea, that's Larak for you...let's go." he said gruffly and started off, secure in the knowledge that the king would be taken care of.

Grinning Shalon happily followed Heero. Afterall what was better than a legitimate reason to tormen...um question your younger brother with the help of his lifemate?

TBC


Deathangelgw & Nightshadow