Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ War Angels ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer - It's not mine. Never was. The only thing that belongs to me are the characters not previously mentioned at some point and time in the Gundam Wing universe. And the song lyrics you find at the beginning of every chapter belong to a group of artists called Alabama.

A/N - Okay, here's the first chapter or my little saga. Trowa has a run in with a young girl on the ship who helps him to realize that things are not as bad as they may actually seem, despite the fact that he still does not know who he is during a time of utter chaos and destruction.

Time frame- All the pilots have arrived on Peacemillion, and the space ship Barge has been destroyed. Zechs has announced his position as head of the White Fang, and said that he intends to begin a 'war to end all wars'. Colony C-421 has NOT been taken over yet, and Trowa has NOT been subjected to the ZERO system in Wing Zero yet.

Oh, and this chapter was written with the assumption that Catherine Bloom is really Trowa's sister, and Trowa's real name is Triton Bloom.

----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------

--I was walkin' home from school on a cold winter day,--

--Took a short cut through the woods and I lost my way.--

--It was gettin' late, and I was scared and alone.--

--Then a kind old man took my hand , and led me home.--

--Mama couldn't see him, but he was standing there.--

--And I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayer.--

War Angels

Chapter Two

'An attack on Earth?' Trowa thought, walking down the corridor of the space ship Peacemillion. 'Why Earth? What does this Zechs intend on accomplishing by wiping out the entire planet? And why do I have a feeling that I don't want the planet to be destroyed? Have I ever been there before?' The young man, known only as Trowa Barton, shook his head in frustration. No matter how hard he tried, he could remember nothing before the night he was picked up in space, floating among the rubble of a decimated OZ mobile suit. 'A mobile suit, but not like the one that Sally lady brought in. She said that suit belonged to me. But I don't remember ever seeing it before.'

The acrobat was so caught up in his musings that he bumped into someone as he rounded the corner, causing a large box of circuit boards to go tumbling out of the owners hands and to the ground.

"Oh, dear!" the young woman said, immediately kneeling down to pick them up. "Howard's gonna kill me! Are you alright, sir?"

"Fine." Trowa said, bending down to help her pick up the parts. "Are you injured, miss?" He looked up at the girl and blinked a few times to make sure he wasn't seeing things. She looked almost exactly like his older sister Cathy. "Cathy? What are you doing here?"

"Excuse me?" the girl asked, looking at him with a puzzled expression. "What did you call me?" Trowa shook his head as he realized that the girl in front of him was not his sister, although they looked like they could pass for twins. This girl's hair was a shade lighter than Cathy's, and she had green eyes, unlike Cathy's brown ones.

"I'm sorry." he apologized. "You look like my older sister Catherine. Kind of surprised me there for a second."

"It's okay." she said. "You're the pilot of the Gundam they brought in, aren't you? What was it called, Heavyarms?"

"Yes. I do believe so." he said. "I'm Trowa Barton." They stood up and the young woman picked up the box of parts again and began walking down the corridor, Trowa right beside her.

"Trowa Barton?" the girl asked, looking over at him. "As in the Barton Foundation's Trowa Barton?"

"I don't know." Trowa shrugged.

"What?"

"I lost my memory some time ago." he explained. "I remember nothing of my past."

"Oh, goodness." she said, frowning. "Nothing?"

"Up until Quatre found me, the only people I knew were my sister Cathy and the circus troupe we lived with."

"So you have no clue who your family really is then?" she asked. "That's sad. Especially in times of war like this."

"I was hoping if I went with Quatre, more of my past would come clear." he said. "So far, nothing's helped."

"Well," the girl said, shrugging her shoulders. "Your past is just that...the past. As long as you have your family and friends, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You know the people that matter the most to you, and you're learning more everyday, right? Build your life now, and make new memories." Trowa was a little surprised at the blatant outspokeness of the woman beside him, but took her words in stride.

"It's a little more complicated than that." Trowa said. "I want to know who I am."

"Don't we all?" she asked, adjusting her thin, wire framed glasses as they slipped down her nose.

"I don't understand." Trowa said.

"It's the times, Mr. Barton." she answered. "We're all trying to figure out who we are, and where we're going. You're not alone, really."

"But that's different." Trowa said. "You know were you are from, and have a lifetime worth of memories in your head. I've got nothing besides what my sister and friends tell me."

"Trowa, I grew up in a colony orphanage. I don't know any more about myself than you know about yourself. And as for memories, half the ones I have, I wish I could get rid of. Even though, it's not stopping me from doing what I need or want to right now." she said, shifting the box to her hip to swipe an identification card into a slot in order to gain access to one of the more interior rooms of the ship.

"But..."

"You're past is gone and over with." she said again. "You couldn't' change it now even if you wanted to. So why worry about something you can't change?"

"I don't even know if Trowa Barton is my real name, though." he said. "It's depressing." The girl just looked over at him and smiled, reminding Trowa once again of his older sister.

"Well, if you're so worried about a name, I'll give you one." she said, putting the box on the floor, and placing her hands on her hips and looking at him.

"Pardon?" he asked.

"Names are things other people give you." she said. "Doesn't change who you are inside, right?"

"I suppose."

"Exactly." the girl said. "What's your sister's last name?"

"Bloom." Trowa said. "Her name is Catherine Bloom." The woman nodded and regarded him for a moment before smiling.

"Fine. I hereby name you Triton Bloom." she said. A shock of familiarity coursed through the Gundam pilot upon hearing theat name, coupled with the smile that was a direct reflection of his older sister's.

"Triton Bloom." he said, letting it settle in his head for a while. "It kind of has a ring to it."

"There. Now see?" she said. "That's not so bad now is it?"

"I guess not." Trowa said, smiling gently. "It'll due....for now."

"Or until you get your memories back, huh?" she asked, picking the box back up again.

"If I do." Trowa said, looking out of the window and into the starry black abyss of space.

"You will get them back, eventually." the young woman said. "Eventually something will jar your memory and everything will come rushing back to you so fast, you'll wonder how you ever forgot it to begin with."

"I hope so." he said, wanting to believe what she was telling him, but doubting it very seriously.

"Have a little faith, Mr. Bloom." she said. "It'll go a long way." By now, they had gotten to the elevator that took the ship's coordinators to the laboratories. "Well, this is where I get off. Howard'll be wanting these circuit boards."

"Thanks for the advice." he said, watching as she fished her identification cards out of her pocket once again.

"It's the least I could offer, considering I ploughed into you with this box of circuit boards." she said, grinning at him.

"What's your name, anyway?" Trowa asked. "I've never seen you around here before."

"It's whatever you want it to be." she said with a smile, finding her cards and entering them into the security scanner. "Remember, names are things other people give you, my dear Triton."

"But..." Trowa said.

"Take care of yourself out there, Triton." she said. "Don't fly that Gundam any faster than your guardian angel can fly."

"I...won't." he said.

"I'll hold you to that." she laughed, stepping into the elevator and waiting for the doors to close. "Goodbye, Triton."

"You still didn't tell me who you are." he said, watching as the doors began to close her out of his view.

"You don't need to know." she said as the doors finally shut.

"How odd." Trowa thought. "That woman seemed so familiar to me." He shrugged and walked off, never noticing the access card in the elevator slot the woman had left that bore her name.

Patricia Bloom

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

A/N - Okay, I'm not exactly sure what Trowa's mom's name was, so I just used one. If anyone knows what it was, I'll be happy to change it. In fact, I don't even know if she's dead in the story......

Remember to review. I want to know what you think.

Later,

A.A.