Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ War Angels ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer - It's not mine. Never was. The only thing I own are the characters never before seen or spoken about in the Gundam Wing Universe. The song lyrics belong to the group Alabama.

A/N - Here's Heero's chapter. Hope you guys like.Later.

Time frame- This takes place right after Heero finds out that Relena is on Libra. The final battle has not occurred yet, and he has not went to get her...yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------

--They wear so many faces-

--Show up in the strangest places-

--And grace us with their mercy in our time of need.--

War Angels

Chapter Six

A few minutes after Duo told him Relena was on Libra, Heero was still completely dumbfounded.

"Libra? What's she doing there? Did Zechs bring her there to protect her?" he mumbled. "To keep her form dying once he drops Libra onto Earth?"

The young man was a mixture of emotions. Anger and confusion ran at the forefront; but another was right below the surface, rapidly pushing the others aside to make itself known. He hadn't noticed it before, but ever since he'd found out Relena was on the doomed battle ship with her psycho brother, it just would not go away.

"Worry." he mumbled, opening the hangar that housed his Gundam and the others. "I'm worried about Relena." He walked out onto the balcony and made for the stairs when he heard heavy footsteps and yelling coming from below him.

"Angel! Please! You're asking to get yourself killed out there!" came a man's strident voice from below Heero. The Gundam pilot stopped and looked down from the balcony entrance to the floor level where the damaged Virgo carrier Hilde had apprehended on her way to Peacemillion was. Coming out of the cockpit of the carrier was a red headed woman wearing a fighter pilot's jumpsuit and a black headed man in green mechanic's pants and a white shirt. "Angel, listen to reason for once in you life! You're not gonna make it, fighting out there!"

"What other choice to I have?' the woman named Angel cried, turning to the mechanic. "I'm a pilot! I have to fight!" Heero watched as the woman stood her ground with who he was assuming was her boyfriend. The man sighed and ran his hands through his messy black hair, causing it to stick out on end even worse than it already wash. "How many more times must we go through this?"

"Your place is not on the battle field!" he said. The woman threw her hands up in exasperation and turned to walk off only to be caught by the mechanic. "Don't run from me, Angel."

"If my place isn't on the battle field," she asked. "Then where is it? Am I supposed to be? Home with my family, taking care of them and leading a normal, pleasant life?"

"Yes." he said. Apparently, though, that was the wrong answer the woman was looking for, because Heero saw her face get red in anger.

"Newsflash, just in case you forgot." she said icily. "Our families are dead! Don't you remember what the OZ soldiers did to them not too long after we left? They're gone!" The man hung his head, but would not let go of her.

"I promised your father I would take care of you when we left." The man said. "Your making it harder for me to keep my work to him.

Don't you know that, Angel?" The woman's eyes began to water, and she shook her head. The next time she spoke, Heero heard her voice become chocked and strained.

"And your mom made me promise to protect you as best I could." the woman said gently. "And I won't go back on that." Heero watched as the man held the now crying girl in his arms, soothing her as much as possible. When she quit crying a few minutes later, Heero was shocked to hear what she had to say. "I have to fight to protect what little bit we have left to live for." The man let her go and she stood back from him.

"You're too damned stubborn to listen to me, Angel." the man said finally. "You're gonna run off to fight, no matter what I say, aren't you?"

"You're finally catching on." she smiled, wiping her tears away. "Took you long enough."

"Just don't stay gone for to long." he said. "Come back to me, Angel."

"Believe in me, and I will." she said. "You have to let me go eventually; but I will come back."

"I know." he answered. "I know." They held each other for a little while, and Heero was about to turn around and leave when they finally let go. "Go get some rest." he said. "There's not fighting going on right now."

"What about you?" she asked.

"I've got some work to finish." he said. "But I'll see you in a little while, okay?"

"Okay." the woman said, picking up her helmet and kicking off from the ground to land on the balcony and go out the opposite side.

"You can come down now, whoever you are up there." came the mechanic's weary voice. Heero didn't know that he had been spotted, but jumped down anyways and floated into the carrier the man had entered. "Hey, you're one of the Gundam pilots." The guy said.

"Yeah." Heero answered. "How much longer before this carrier can fly again?"

"Few more minor adjustments, and she'll fly, not well, but she'll fly." the guy said. "You plan on going somewhere?"

"To Libra."

"Libra?!" he asked, almost dropping the screwdriver in his hand. "This thing has no defensive or offensive abilities! Are you suicidal?"

"Maybe I am." Heero answered, pulling out a nearby circuit board to check for damage.

"You're as bad as my Angel." the guy said finally with a shake of his head.

"Who?" Heero asked, playing innocent.

"The woman that just left." he answered. "She was trained as a fighter pilot and wound up in space after OZ took over and Romefeller started acting up. She thinks she's invincible, and that she won't die out there, but she's sorely mistaken."

"If you're so concerned, then why don't you stop her?" Heero asked.

"You ever tried derailing someone once they've set their minds to it?" he asked. "It would be like trying to blow up a Gundam with a stick of dynamite. Impossible. Anyhow, my Angel's a lot stronger than me. She'll be back."

"You seem awful confident of that." Heero said, still not looking at the older man.

"I'm confident because I believe in her." the mechanic said. "She's never let me down yet, even though she keeps running. But with times like they are, all you can do is believe in the ones you care about the most. Most soldiers think it a weakness, to care about someone or something more than your own life."

"Does your Angel believe that as well?" He asked. The mechanic chuckled and shut his toolbox.

"She did at one time." he said. "But when she realized having something to protect, someone to hold onto and come home to....Well, let's just say her ideas have changed since then." Heero nodded and put the circuit board back into the panel. "Fighting by yourself is lonely, and there's no point in going through life alone all the time. When there's someone who cares about you...it makes all the difference in the world."

"Are the repairs complete?"Heero asked. The mechanic shook his head and nodded.

going to get anyways? I didn't think the White Fang was taking POW's."

"Someone a lot strong than me." Heero answered. "She's someone who doesn't deserve to die."

"Well, whoever she is, " the mechanic said, leaving the carrier. "She sounds like a good person. Take care of her. They only come around once in a lifetime. Trust me, I know."

"Hn." was all Heero said as he pulled on a space suit and prepared to fly the carrier back to Libra in order to infiltrate the ship and get Relena out of there. As he pulled on the suit, a dark green piece of material caught his attention.

It was the mechanic's shirt. Without bothering to look at it, Heero balled the material up and threw it in a chair. His mind was currently focused on only one thing.

"I'm coming, Relena." he said, prepping the space transport for launch. "I'm coming to get you out of there."

Had he been paying attention, he would have noticed that the mechanic's shirt had fallen out of the chair and onto the floor, the embroidered name plainly showing to all who cared to read it, exactly who it belong to.

Aiden Lowe.

------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------

A/N - For all of you who do not know, Aiden Lowe was the assassin that trained Heero as a child before Dr. J got a hold of him and trained him as a Gundam pilot. He raised Heero, but was killed during a mission.

Remember to review, I want to know what you think.

Later,

A.A.