Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ War Angels ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer - It's not mine. Never was. The only characters I own are the ones never before mentioned in the Gundam Wing Universe. The song lyrics used belong to the group of artist know as Alabama.

A/N - Okay, this is the last chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed. Now, I'll get back to working on my other two fics that are waiting to be worked on.

Later,

A.A.

Time frame - After the final battle between Heero and Zechs is over with.

------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------

--Oh, I believe there are angels among us--

--Sent down to us from somewhere up above--

--They come to you and me in our darkest hours--

--To show us how to live --

--To teach us how to give--

--To guide us with a light of love--

--To guide us with a light of love.....--

War Angels

Chapter Seven

It was over.

It was finally over.

The pilots had managed to destroy the block of Libra that had fallen off. Zechs was gone, the White Fang helpless to do anything else since the colony delegates had made a statement saying that they did not want to fight any more, and only desired peace with the Earth. The war was finally over, and as the Gundam pilots turned around to head to MO II, they sighed in relief.

"It's finally over." Quatre said, pulling his goggles off of his face, and taking a breath of relief.

"About damn time." Duo said, his face popping up on the screen in front of Quatre.

"Now what are we going to do?" Wufei asked, cutting in on the conversation.

"Are you going back to the circus, Trowa?" Duo asked, grinning at the silent man who had managed to regain the majority of him memories after a run in with the ZERO system in Heero's Gundam.

"Are you going back to your home on Mars, Maxwell?" Wufei asked.

"Yeah. I.....HEY! Not funny China-Man!" Duo yelled.

"Heero?" Quatre asked, calling out to the pilot who had just saved Earth from a never ending winter.

"Yeah?"

"You alright?" the blonde Arabian asked.

"Yeah." he answered.

"Congratulations guys! You done it!" Howard's happy voice came across the Gundams communications system.

"Is everyone okay?" asked Relena, her face showing up on the boy's cockpit screens. "Heero?"

"I'm...here, Relena." Heero said uneasily, not knowing exactly how to react to the young girl. Especially considering he had just all but killed her older brother.

"All present and accounted for, Ms. Relena." Quatre said happily.

"Oh, thank God." Noin said.

"Head for MO-II for now." came Colonel Une's voice. "You can check your Gundams over for damage and get them repaired."

"Roger." Trowa said.

"We'll see you fellas when you get here." Noin said. "Noin, out."

"Well, fellas, I think we deserve a good long...Uh, guys, what's that?" Duo asked, his voice becoming wary.

"Where?" Heero asked, looking out into the starry abyss of space.

"Around the....satellite." Duo stuttered. "It's....people...without...spacesuits..."

"And they're.... glowing." Quatre said, rubbing his eyes to make sure he was not seeing things. There, right above the orbiting satellite were five ghost like figures, hovering and smiling at the returning pilots.

"It's...that woman..." Trowa said. "How...."

"It's...the girl...who...restored Sandrock's computer systems." Quatre said, completely awed.

"Am I seeing things?" Duo asked, beginning to panic. "Or do you guys see people floating out there?"

"Maxwell, you've lost it!" Wufei shouted, thinking the American was pulling another of his infamous jokes. He looked out into the space surrounding the natural resource satellite and blinked a few times.. "There's no one....Oh God! It's her!"

"Who is that?" Heero asked. He had noticed the figure of the man that he had run into right before taking off to Libra, but had said nothing.

The boys looked again towards where the figures were floating with small smiles on their faces, but the sunlight coming from around the Earth forced them to turn their heads and look away. When they got into the orbiting satellite's shadow, they looked up again, searching for the people, only to see nothing but empty space.

"Everything okay, guys?" came Noin's voice across the system.

"I...we...saw...the doctor...Hilde..." Duo muttered, shaking his head.

"Are you alright, Duo?" Relena asked urgently. "Heero, what's going on out there?"

"I think....we just saw..." Quatre started.

"Are you boys feeling alright?" came Une's voice.

"That's strange. They just...disappeared." Trowa said.

"Who disappeared?" Howard asked. "Are there more mobile suits still fighting out there?"

"We saw...people above the satellite." Wufei said, not wanting to believe what he had just witnessed.

"People?" Noin asked, confusion evident in her voice.. "Everyone is on the satellite. No one's left the bases yet. There can't be anyone around the satellite."

"But...they didn't have space suits on!" Duo exclaimed.

"They just vanished into thin air." Quatre mumbled.

"Almost like they were....." Wufei said, shaking his head.

"Angels." Heero finished, his voice quiet as a mouse's. "Almost like they were angels."

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------

A/N - Okay, this was the last chapter. Hope you guys liked it.

Remember to leave me a review.

Later,

A.A.

This work of fiction is dedicated to my mother Patricia, who passed away on June 22, 2002. And my cousin David, who passes away January 1, 2003.

May your spirits rest in peace and forever watch over the rest of us crazy hellcats down here on Earth.

We'll always love you both.