Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Weak and Powerless ❯ Weak and Powerless ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Weak and Powerless
Author: Kendra
Rating: R
Pairing: 6x9
Warnings: Angst with a teeny piece of sap.
Disclaimer: I don't own this song or GW charas.
Notes: I'm still working on the 1xR lemon.

Weak and Powerless by A Perfect Circle



//Tilling my own grave to keep me level
Jam another dragon down the hole
Digging to the rhythm and the echo of a solitary siren
One that pushes me along and leaves me so //

The pair sat alone in the desolate machine, on their way to Mars. Neither of them spoke; she had spoken earlier and there was still an uneasy, tension-filled silence from her words. They had known each other for nearly a decade yet they did not know each other.

She had long given up on knowing him completely. He was a maze that she was still content to slowly enter and comprehend. She knew at the core he was a strong and honorable man, but he was deeply conflicted. Before, she tried to solve his problems for him but now she knew that was a mistake. All she wanted was to love him; she saw the inside and she was willing wait for him.

He gave her a sidelong look as she stared into the space. When they had first met, all he saw was a young girl obsessed with space. Over the years, he saw a woman who had demons like his and he was amazed. Her family was killed by the Alliance, she lost everything and lived on the streets but all she wanted was to go to space. He was attracted to the peace she had and he fell head over heels.

//Desperate and Ravenous
I'm so weak and powerless over you //

The question was for them, why do I need you? What could have brought the two of them together; the deeply flawed king without a country and the orphan with several secrets that she needed to keep secret. They both shared a history marred with violence and they both had blood on their hands. They both had different reasons for going to Mars. He still needed to atone for his sins from the recent and far past. She had to feel needed. He was in love yet he had no way to make his feelings known. She wanted to reach out to him but she did not know how.

//Someone feed the monkey while I dig in search of China
White as Dracula as I approach the bottom //

She looked down at her controls. She felt the heat of his gaze on her and she felt instantly nervous. She had vowed to be by his side always but now she was questioning her decision. Sally questioned why she wanted to go with him. She asked her why she wanted to give up her position with the Preventers to go somewhere in the unknown with him. All she could say was that one could not buck their destiny. She was destined to be with him.

However, she hated it as well. She did not desire these feelings she had for him. She loved him, she loved him too much. She knew that this would be the last time she would ever follow him.

//Desperate and Ravenous
I'm so weak and powerless over you //

He could see from how she was grasping her controls that she was stressed. He never did understand her feelings for him. He had been the golden child, everyone knew that he would be the successor of Treize and deferred to him for it. He had been respected yet disliked while everyone loved her. She was warmth and light to his darkness. He hungered for it; it drew him like a beacon. He did not understand it until this past year. Forced to be still for once as he recovered from his injuries with the help of Walter and the Sweepers, he had to think for once. He had to think about his life, about what he wanted and most importantly, about whom he really was.

It was the hardest time of his life, having to decide if he was going to continue to be self-destructive or if he was going to at least try to live a normal life. He was unsure until he stepped into Tallgeese III that he had made the right decision.

//Little angel go away
Come again some other day
The devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
He promised I would find a little solace
And some piece of mind
Whatever just as long as I don't feel so //

They were in a conundrum. She ached to ease the tension that her words caused but she was afraid to. Her tongue was tripping over the words and she was afraid to make it worse. He could sense her unease but he was unsure of what to do. He looked over at her again and their eyes briefly met. She looked back outside at space but she gasped when he touched her arm. She turned her eyes back to him and he looked at her in a way she never saw him look at her before. He whispered, "Its okay."

//Desperate and Ravenous
I'm so weak and powerless over you
Desperate and Ravenous
I'm so weak and powerless over you //