Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Wishes and Dreams ❯ Part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wishes and Dreams

Part 3

By Shiva

Rating: PG-13

Pairings: 1x2x1, 3+4, 5+M.

Warnings: AU, fluff, sap, mild angst, possible lemon, yaoi, shounen-ai, OOC, much Relena bashing.

Archive: Fanfiction.net
http://fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=169617

I Love Bishonen
http://www.stormloader.com/users/ilovebshonen/


A nyone who wants to host my fic, please mail me. ^_^

Feedback: ice_blue_shiva@yahoo.com

Disclaimer: I wouldn't be putting this in if I owned it, would I?

Notes: To all who reviewed and emailed me, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! The last few days have been hectic, I apologize to not replying to some of you. But I really do appreciate all of the wonderful feedback I've been getting on this! ^_^


=|||=|||=|||=


It was late, almost 9:00 before Duo got home from Wufei's. They had ordered some pizzas for dinner and they had stayed over longer just to talk, and hang out as friends. Duo really wished Heero could have been there.

Heero. Everyone in their group really seemed to like him, especially after he'd let Relena have it that day at school. Heero's presence was definitely going to make this school year a LOT more interesting.

As Duo walked into the house, he wasn't surprised to see Relena in the foyer waiting for him. However, her parents were there too, and this he hadn't expected, though he knew he should have. After all, she'd been humiliated in front of the entire school. It was obvious she'd go running to Daddy for help and comfort.

He smirked at Relena as she glared at him. "Ya know, Relena, if you keep making faces like that, one of these days it's gonna stay that way," he teased.

"Shut up! Everything that happened at school today was all your fault! You're the one trying to make me look bad by spreading rumors!" she accused.

Duo burst out laughing. He couldn't help it. "Relena, sometimes you can be so vain, I can't help but wonder if you say 'mirror, mirror' whenever you put your makeup on. Believe it or not, there are some guys out there who _don't_ think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread, so don't blame me just because you couldn't get into Heero's pants."

Lisa Peacecraft gasped in horror at his blunt choice of words, and Relena's father looked ready to lash out at him, walking in his direction.

"Watch what you say, boy," he nearly growled.

Duo ignored him and turned back to Relena. After the great day he'd had, he wasn't going to let anyone spoil it, not even his poor excuse of a family. "Relena, did it ever occur to you that maybe you _aren't_ perfect? That just maybe, there might be someone who is legitimately not interested in you like that?" Duo looked at his aunt then. "Really, Aunt Lisa, you should teach Relena to be more ladylike. It's not very becoming for a girl of her breeding to throw herself at a complete stranger," he sneered."

"You see, Mother!? First he tries to make me look bad in front of the school and now he's trying to lie to you!" Relena cried out.

Duo glared at her. "Despite what you people think, I _don't_ lie. If you don't believe what I'm saying, ask everyone at school. Almost the whole student body saw it." Before Relena could say anything else, he added, "I have a feeling... that Heero will end up being one of my best friends. And since you have made it clear to me that we are never going to walk in the same circle of friends, I have absolutely no intention of starting now. Heero's been adopted into our clan, and he _wants_ to be there, Relena. So you'd better get whatever thoughts you have about Heero out of your head right now, and find another guy to sexually harass."

"Duo, you... you colony trash!" Relena cried, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh... speaking of colonies... there's something you should know about your latest obsession, Relena." He smirked. Oh, he was going to enjoy this. "Did you know that Heero came here from the Lagrange Point?"

Relena blinked, disbelief showing on her face.

"He came from the colonies. He was born and raised on L1, which isn't all that far from my home colony. So you see, he has a _lot_ more in common with me and my friends than you ever could. Heero told you that I hadn't said anything about you to him, and it's true. I'm sure he'll be happy to know that you think he's a liar as _well_ as 'colony trash.'"

He ignored the way his guardians gaped at him and the seething anger that was apparent in Relena's features as he headed upstairs to his room, feeling triumphant.

"Daddy!" Relena cried. "How am I going to show my face at school tomorrow!? They're all laughing at me now. I don't want to go back... I can't go back."

"Darling," Lisa said, turning to her husband. "Let me handle this. Relena and I need to have a woman-to-woman talk."

"Very well," he said with a nod, going into his study to read his evening paper. The two females went up to Relena's room, and Lisa sat with her daughter on the bed.

"Relena," she began, "Tell me exactly what happened when you asked this boy out. What did you say to him?"

Relena sniffled. "I asked him if he wanted to go get some coffee with me after school. He gave me a flat out no. I thought then that maybe he wasn't a coffee drinker, so I started to ask him if he wanted to go someplace else, but before I could finish asking he said no AGAIN! He wasn't even giving me a chance! It has to be because of something Duo told him!"

"Did you say anything else? Anything that might have upset him?"

"Of course not! I..." Relena paused, then realized her mistake. "Well, I... got a little mad, and told him that I always get what I want."

Lisa smiled sympathetically at her daughter. The young girl still had a lot to learn.

"Darling, listen to me. There are some boys out there who have harder shells to crack than others. Some like playing hard to get, many others believe that they should be the ones to make the first move. There are some who simply don't like aggressive women, because it makes them feel threatened. Making a statement like that to him probably made him feel belittled. If this is the case, you need to apologize to this boy for offending him. That is the first step in redeeming yourself."

"But mother... he's a colonist. You and father have always said that colonists..."

"There are a few out there that are worth holding on to, my dear. Duo said this boy... what is his name?"

"Heero."

"He said Heero is from L1. In the few times I have accompanied your father into space, I remember L1 being one of the more wealthy places in the colonies. That is where you will find the largest suppliers of Gundanium in space as well as Earth. If this boy's family is in any way affiliated with these companies, he would make a fine catch indeed."

"I... see. All right, Mother. I'll apologize to him."

"Good girl. Just beware, Relena, that most of the time men like to know that they are the ones in control. And sometimes, that's fine, but even still, a man will walk all over you if you let him. You mustn't show weakness. I also suggest that perhaps you should discover more about him before pursuing him."

"How? He won't even talk to me, and after what happened today, I doubt he ever will."

Lisa Peacecraft smirked. "And who said you needed to ask him directly? A woman should always have her methods, darling."


=|||=|||=|||=


"Heero! Over here!"

Duo waved as Heero approached the group.

They all greeted him good morning, and he returned it, nodding. "How was your study group last night?" he asked.

"It was great, maybe a little too great. When you don't have to worry about following library etiquette, you tend to stray off the subject rather fast," Meiran said with a laugh.

"Hey, Heero... Friday night we're having a basketball game at the school. You should come watch me and Trowa play!" Duo said, smiling. "We're undefeated so far this year. The games are always a blast, and we always go out and have fun afterwards. Do you think your dad would let you go to the game?"

"I don't see why he wouldn't. Perhaps I will."

Just then, Heero felt someone tap his shoulder. When he turned around, he was unpleasantly surprised to see Relena and her friends standing in front of him.

"Relena..." Duo said warningly, to which Relena shot him a serious glare.

"I have something important to say, Duo, and I would like it if you'd listen."

He just rolled his eyes then gave her one of his "get it over with" looks.

She turned her attention back to Heero.

"Heero, I... I want to apologize for my behavior. It was selfish of me, and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said all those things, and I... shouldn't have accused Duo like that."

The group looked at her in disbelief. Okay, something was definitely up. Relena _never_ admitted she was wrong and _never_ apologized for anything, especially not things that had to do with Duo.

_She's playing up for him,_ Duo realized with disgust, not fooled by her façade for a second. _Doesn't she know when to quit?_

"I appreciate your apology, Miss Peacecraft. Please do not let it happen again."

Relena smiled. "I promise you it won't. And please call me Relena, Heero. I hope in the future we can be friends. Have a good day in school." She walked into the school building with her friends trailing after her.

"She's up to something," Wufei said, glaring after her.

"Hell yeah, she is. Dammit, what's she got up her little Armani sleeve now?" Duo said.

Heero shrugged. "Just forget it. I'm not to worried about her. If anything happens I'll take care of it."

"If you say so, but you don't know Relena. You don't know how devious she can really be when she puts her mind to it," Trowa warned him.

Heero nearly told them that he'd dealt with far more dangerous people than Relena Peacecraft before, but stopped himself. That part of his life... they couldn't know about it yet, and on top of that he just didn't want to think about it.

The school bell rang, and they all headed off to class.


=|||=|||=|||=


Relena came home from school that day in just as much of a foul mood than she had been in the previous day. Even though she'd apologized to Heero, he continued to ignore her, not even looking her way when passing her. But her mother told her to be patient, and she would. That didn't mean she had to like it.

She hoped her mother and Pargan would have some things for her that would cheer her up.

When she entered the house, she immediately went in search of them, finding them in the library, looking through some documents.

"Welcome home, darling. Did all go well?"

"I apologized, but... he still won't talk to me."

"Give it time, dear. Come, and look what we've found."

With a smile, she excitedly joined her mother and Pargan, sitting on one of the leather couches.

"Heero Yuy is named after his grandfather, and when we did a search with that name the most things we came up with were pertaining to him. Apparently his grandfather was one of the first people to start manufacturing and distributing Gundanium in space, and the company still exists," Pargan told her.

"Really? So, Heero is _very_ rich then," Relena said in amazement.

Pargan nodded. "There are also some very disturbing things in his past as well, things that are unclear."

"Disturbing?" Relena said.

"His grandfather died when he was still an infant, and his own parents died when he was nine years old, but at the age of three he was reportedly kidnapped."

"K-Kidnapped?" Relena gasped in horror.

"Yes. He was missing for three years, and when he was finally found he was injured and comatose for another year. I could find nothing about who kidnapped him and why."

"How horrible," Relena said. _My poor Heero... how you must have suffered._

"I can't find very much information on his childhood other than that, except that after his parents' death he was taken in by a man named Odin Lowe, who was a friend of his father's. He is the boy's guardian to this day. Up until he was 12 or so he studied under tutors until he enrolled in an all-boys academy when he was 14. He stayed there until Odin Lowe transferred jobs and relocated to earth, where he now attends North Crest."

"How did his parents die, Pargan?" Relena asked him, feeling more and more sorry for the boy she was crushing over.

"I am still gathering more information on that. All I know so far was that it was some kind of shuttle accident."

"Do keep searching, Pargan. Relena and I will be in the parlor having tea," Lisa said, leading her daughter out of the library.


=|||=|||=|||=


"Wow, Heero! _This_ is your car!?"

Duo smoothed his hand across the surface of a brand-new silver Star Gemini convertible. It was a two-seater, with leather interior and a surprisingly fast engine. Star, Inc. was the only auto manufacturer in all of space, and in Duo's opinion they were better than any car dealers on earth. He remembered that his father loved fixing up old Star model cars, and he had owned a Gemini like Heero's except that it was black and over 20 years old. Also, his mother had loved taking him and his friends around in their Leo van. [1] He never did know what ended up happening to those cars after his parents died. That was why he liked his own black convertible so much... it reminded him of his father's old Gemini and he felt closer to him when he drove it sometimes.

"I take it you like it?" Heero said with a small smile.

"You'd better believe it! My dad used to have something like this. It was his pride and joy. Can you take me for a ride in it sometime?" Duo asked him.

"We can go for a quick spin, if you don't mind leaving your own car here."

"Damn, I wish I could, buddy, but I have to get to practice. And, actually... I was wondering if you wanted to come with me."

"To your basketball practice?"

With a smile, Duo said, "Did you see that guy walking around on crutches today?"

"Yeah... what about him?"

"That was Mueller, one of our star players. Reckless idiot fell off his roof. Today in art class someone told me he'd be in his cast for another month at least. So we need someone to take his place."

Heero raised an eyebrow at him.

"You think I should play on the team?"

Duo smirked. "Don't think nobody noticed the way you played in gym class today, Heero Yuy. If Coach Briggs had been there he probably would have recruited you on the spot. You're fast, and you're a good shooter. I think you should give it a try."

Heero thought a moment, then shrugged. "Maybe I could come watch."

"Great! Let's get going then!"


=|||=|||=|||=


Afternoon tea was interrupted by a soft knock at the parlor door.

"Come in," Lisa called, and a second later the door opened, and in walked Pargan.

"Mrs. Peacecraft, you must see this," he said, his voice flat and serious.

"What is it, Pargan?"

"The shuttle accident that Heero Yuy's parents died in..." Pargan handed her some papers, urging her to read them.

"The name of the shuttle was... Titan 2?" [2]

"Yes, and look at the date."

Lisa Peacecraft paled as she did so.

"Mother? What is it?" Relena asked, worried. She had never seen her mother look so... shaken.

"Pargan... if this is a joke you are playing at my expense, I am not amused."

"It is no joke, Madame. It's really quite serious."

"What _is_ it!?" Relena cried, frustrated.

Pargan looked at her straight in the eyes.

"Heero Yuy's parents... and your cousin Duo's parents died in the same shuttle accident."


END PART 3.

Mwahahahaha! How's that for a cliffhanger? In the next chapter the rating will probably go up a notch. Until then, please review. ^__^

[1] Yes, I know a Leo is actually a mobile suit. But this is AU, there's no war so I'm naming cars made in the colonies after constellations. No, I could not think of anything better.

[2] Titan is the name of one of Saturn's moons. I was gonna name it Saturn, but Saturn is a car name, so I used this. Not a really important note, but just a bit of space trivia for ya, hehe.