Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Yes Master, My Master ❯ part 14 and epilogue ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The salted whip falshed out again, catching more of poor Hent's flesh. The man screamed, tears streaming down his face as pain unlike any he'd experienced before coursed through his body. Quatre shuddered, feeling the pain as though it were his own...he forehead was wet with sweat, his mouth tasted of bile as he curled helplessly on the rough ground. Gabriel struck again with the long weapon, causing Quatre to flinch painfully-but the blond found he could not tear his eyes away from the scene before him, just as he couldn't block the agony the radiated from Hent like light from the sun.

Gabriel dropped the whip without ceremony, and stared for a moment as his chained captive. Hent had not bothered to get back on his toes after the first blow, so the spikes in his shoes were still driving horribly up through his felsh...that; fear and the stinging whelps that oozed blood and covered his body, had reduced the one time frightening man into a quivering; sobbing mass. Gabriel sighed, lowering his head slightly, as he turned to face Quatre. "What next, little one?" his soft voice, sounded hollow and tired. For a moment, Quatre forgot the pain the surged through his veins as Gabriel's lonliness found his heart...then the pain was back, like a needle in his heart. Stabbing; tearing; destroying. He moaned, curling into a smaller ball than before.

Gabriel stared at the one-time pilot for several minutes, then growled, his face contorting with a rage that Quatre couldn't place. He turned to face Hent, who whimpered piteously under the dark gaze...Quatre could feel anger overriding Gabriel's lonliness before Hent's acute fear invaded the blond's mind once again.

Gabriel's fist lashed out connecting loudly with the side of Hent's face causing Quatre to shudder, hiding his blue eyes in his arm. Gabriel punched the blood-covered man again.

"No!" Quatre looked up, startled, unable to help himself...Jorn, Gabriel's blond toy was struggling vainly against the chains that held him to the wall. "No!" Tears streamed down his face and blood began sliding down his arms as his chafed wrists began bleeding once again. "Stop! Master, please, stop! Don't kill him!"

Anger...so much anger...how DARE Jorn make such a scene? How dare he beg for Hent's worthless life?

Quatre's eyes widened as he felt the simmering rage in his master-rage of a type and magnitude he'd never felt before...rage that seemed so wrong coming from the quiet and elegant sadist. "Oh Gods," he whispered to himself, quieckly hiding his face with his arm; tears streaming from his eyes to mingle with the drying blood that coated his skin.

There was a loud crack; a scream...Pain exploded in Quatre's head, and he was sure that he himself shouted before the blessed darkness that was death took him over.

~*~

Quatre didn't want to open his eyes, but he found they were already open; staring blankly at the white cieling of a room unfamiliar to him. His body ached terribly; his spine felt splintered and his head felt as though it had been mashed. For a brief moment, the young Winner entertained the possibility of sitting, but it seemed less that wise, so he just lay there; blinking; silently.

Something warm and smooth rubbed against his leg. Who was in bed with him? Trowa? No...I hadn't been with Trowa in ages...Gabriel? No...the bed was too hard; the room unfamiliar...he turned his head and found himself staring into deep green pools. Cassiel's pet stared at him with an expression that was no expression. "Uh...Hello," Quatre rasped, his voice nearly gone, his throat painfully dry. Green eyes widened briefly before the younger boy hid them below full dark lashes. "I'm Quatre-whats your name?"

There was a dark chuckle, and Quatre jumped slightly; sensing the other boy's body tense alarmingly as he did. His pale eyes lifted and focused on Cassiel who leaned against the doorway, arms crossed over his chest. Behind him, in the shadows, Quatre found the pale form of his own master.

"Don't bother talking to them," Cassiel grunted, striding into the room and grabbing each of his charges by a wrist and pulling them forcibly out of bed. "They don't speak any English-only Italian." Turning his attention to the other two boys, Cassiel spoke sharply. With their heads lowered, Cassiel's pets bent and began quickly pulling on their clothing.

Quatre sat up, his own eyes seeking Gabriel. The dark haired man met his gaze briefly, then turned to his auburn partner. "You'll be leaving then?" he said, his soft voice oddly dispassionate, as though he really didn't care. A small frown flitted over Quatre's lips as he remembered the irrational anger and unexpected lonliness that had consumed Gabriel earlier.

Cassiel smirked. "Yeah, little choice in that." he took a step towards the dark haired man and caught his mouth in a rough kiss. Gabriel stood completely still, allowing the treatment, yet not returning it...he didn't really want Cassiel kissing him, Quatre realized, anger swelling inside him. Anger and...jealousy? That stopped him short, and he lowered his eyes as the remaning farewells took place.

Jealousy? No...that wasn't what he felt...but the anger! Towards Cassiel...over Gabriel? Quatre shook his head, his blond hair tickling his ears. He thought of Gabriel differently now...Gabriel wasn't the demon he'd originally thought he was...Gabriel was just a man. A lonely; pain filled man...searching for meaning; pushing everything away...

A strong hand grasped Quatre's shoulder, causeing the young pilot to gasp in surprise, as he raised his eyes. Gabriel was standing above him, gazing at him softly. "They've gone," the tall man said, drawing Quatre to his feet. "Come with me,"

Quatre lowered his head submissivly as he followed his Master out of the room and into a more familiar hallway. Quatre's mind wandered as they walked, and he soon found himself standing in the room he usually shared with him master.

Gabriel sighed, and let the black robe he was wearing fall from his shoulders and pool on the floor. "Quatre, could you get the salve from the cabinet please?" he said softly, as he strode over to the bed. Quatre's eyes found him, and widened as he saw the unhealed slashes that riddled Gabriel's back-Cassiel! Anger began to build in the small pilot, but Gabriel repeating his earlier order drew Quatre back to the present.

"Yes master," Quatre said softly, forcing his anger and eyes aside as he walked quietly over to the wooden cabinet that held several jars of various ointments. After carefully selecting the one that Gabriel always used on his scars, Quatre made his way back to his master, who lay face-down on the bed.

"Master," Quatre said, extending the jar...Gabriel didn't move. With a slight frown of concern, Quatre knelt on the comfortable bed and stared down at the older man. Gabriel's eyes were closed, but he was certainly breathing-sleeping.

Quatre gently untwisted the top of the jar and dipped his fingers into the cool, fregrant cream. Gently, he began spreading the salve over his master's back.

Up close, the young Arabian found that the slashes were deeper than he's first realized-they must have bled a lot. He gritted his teath. Cassiel was a true demon, not Gabriel...How could Gabriel let the auburn haired man DO such a thing to him? Why didn't he fight back, when Cassiel was whiping him; or even with the kiss? Gabriel was strong, so, why didn't...

The dark haired man stirred, and Quatre quickly scooted away from his master, the jar still in hand. "Thank you," Gabriel's soft voice came. Quatre blinked, startled. Cautiously, he saught what his master was feeling and it was...contentment. Contenment laced with love and hatred-self hatred.

Gabriel pushed himself into a sitting position. "Thank you," he said again, facing Quatre. Quatre lowered his eyes and screwed the cap back into the jar.

"May I ask you a question, master?" Quatre said hesitantly. Gabriel didn't respond, yet the blond got the impression that the dark haired man was waiting. Taking a deep breath, the Winner boy forced one word past his throat and through his lips. "Why?"

Gabriel stared at his young captive, he dark eyes seeming empty for a moment. "There is no reason." he said at last. "I've killed...I killed many times over, and the truth is that there is no answer." He took a deep breath, his pale face contorting with the effort of saying what he'd not even admitted to himself before. "My master...he claimed that we were angels, here to govern the pitious humans of earth...that we were an ancient sect that would one day command respect. He told us we could never let it die, for our God would strike us down." Dark eyes closed and Quatre found himself wanting to reach out, hold the older man; comfort him. "I stopped believing in any God years ago-and yet I still killed. I realized it last night...when I killed Hent and Jorn. They were lovers you know," he whispered, remorse and pain filling his voice. "I destroy all that is pretty," he wasn't looking at Quatre any more, talking more to himself...

Quatre leaned forward, unsure how to react. His expressive eyes were filling with tears caused by the emotional turmoil that he felt coming from his master. A pale hand reached out, touched the silky dark hair.

"Go!" Gabriel shouted, lurching forward so unexpectedly that Quatre jumped backwards, a small sound of surprise escaping his throat. "I won't destroy you!" Gabriel hissed, covering his face with his arm. "Your free-go now!"

Disbelief colored Quatre's thoughts as his sea green eyes stared at Gabriel. The dark haired man climbed from the soft bed, and pulled something from between the mattresses. He flipped it to Quatre, who fumbled slightly before catching it-a small, silver key.

"Go." Gabriel said again, his voice calmer; softer; steadier this time. "That is the key to the door...take the last door on the right of the passageway then continue straight...you'll find yourself outside. Town is about two miles away, down the hill. Go now..."

Quatre swallowed, oddly unsure of what to do. Gabriel had climbed back on the bed, and curled into a small ball...with his dignity and unfeeling gone, he seemed only a frail; unsure angel... "Thats my last command, Quatre," he said, though he didn't look at the boy. "Leave here now and...and never forget the name..." there he paused.

"Gabriel?" Quatre ventured gently, watching his master with tears in his eyes.

"No." Gabriel choked out. "Gion." He turned his head, his dark hair, more messy now than Quatre had even seen it before, framing his gorgeous face. "My name is Gion. Now please go."

Quatre bowed, hiding his eyes beneath their lashes. "Yes Master," he whispered. "My master..."

The he was gone.

Quatre's mind was in a whirl as he sprinted down the corridor, his bare feet noiseless on the carpet. He found the door, and ran through the house, his eyes taking nothing in, his mind still with the crying demon he'd left behind. No...not demon-angel.

Numbly, he realized that he'd reached the door, and he fumbled with the lock. The silver key turned, and he pulled it from the lock, holding it like a lifeline as he ran naked from the building. The air that his his skin was cold; damp...it was nighttime and the ground was covered with mist-but the air was fresh and smelled of pine and water. Laughter burbled up in Quatre, as tears of both joy and pain streamed down his cheeks. Spreading his arms, the teenage spun in circles, high on his freedom.

At long last, still smiling brightly, the blond opened his eyes, turning them upward at the black sky. The stars were bright and the moon a silver cresent...they were all so welcoming. Slowly, Quatre began walking down the steep hill towards lights that shown up through the fog. He was free! He was free!

As he walked, the young man grew aware of an odd warmth on his back. Turning, he looked back at the building he'd been in for the last few months. It was a very average looking house-nothing unusual about it from the outside...though, now, great plumes of flame rose from it, filling the sky with dark smoke.

Panic rose in Quatre-but was quickly quelled. It was what Gabriel-Gion-wanted...it was how he clensed himself. Quatre bowed briefly to the flames, saying a final farewell to the man who had hurt him; loved him and taught him so much...then he turned, and calmly walked down the hill.

~*~

EPILOGUE

Quatre Winner leaned silently against the brick wall of a building. He was clad modestly in a pair of black pants and a black button up shirt-both of which he'd stolen. Around his neck, on a leather thong, was the silver key. He'd grown in his year-yes, it had been a year-captive...he'd grown so much that he could barely recognize himself when he looked in the mirror. His blond hair now reached his jaw; he was taller and thinner than before...and his eyes, though retaining their beautiful sea-blue color, had lost much of the innocence they'd housed.

Tucked under the young man's arm was a few papers...The top one reported on a fire at a local house...apparently five bodies had been found, as well as some rather...odd...instruments. Investigations were ongoing.

Hidden within the newpaper was a photocopy of an older paper Quatre had found at the local library. It held a photo of a young man with a unibang crying...the headline read "Winner Heir Set to Rest."

So much had changed in his absense...Quatre was now dead, the estate and fortune being managed by his sisters and a number of lawyers...the war had ended and Quatre's friends and foes had all moced on with their lives...and it was for those reasons, that Quatre felt he couldn't return. He couldn't show up out of no where, back from the dead. Trowa...everyone...had moved passed him, and it wasn't fair to them.

A smile flit over Quatre's lips. He couldn't go home...but he was free...he'd not thought he'd ever be free again. He was sure he'd die in that house with the angelic demon beating him...or he, Quatre, beating an innocent child, unaware that it was his own soul he slayed...

And Quatre wouldn't abandone his old life completely..he'd always be looking in on his friends and family...looking after them. Gabriel-Gion-had said that they were angels...so Quatre would be a Gaurdian angel.

"Quatre..." the wind carried his name like a sigh, and the blond close his eyes, tears welling up. He'd miss them all...he had missed them all. He loved Trowa-still...and he had loved the man he knew as Gabriel, in one way or another...it'd be so different. "Quatre...."

"Quatre?" A hand grasped his shoulder, causing Quatre to jump, blue eyes opening in shock as he stared at the owner of the hand. Emerald eyes...brown hair combed over half his face...Trowa was staring at him; unbelieving. "Quatre?"

"Trowa?" Quatre forced out, unable to catch his breath...his heart beat eractically.

"Quatre!" Trowa pulled his one-time lover into his arms, holding him tightly as a smile spread on his face and tears sprung in his eyes. "Quatre..."

"Trowa..." thoughts of gaurdian angels and the past year fled Quatre's mind as he burried his face in the soft sleeve of Trowa's green shirt. No...he mind whisper...THIS was where he belonged...and he was crying too.

THE END



Note: OMG, I ENDED IT! O.O ~jumps around~ I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~big ass grin~ I had almost given up...hell yeah! Yay! Leave reviews...and...I FINISHED IT!!!!!

oh yeah..I started a prequal to this...about Gabriel's past. I'm ALSO doing a sequal, about how/if Quatre readjusts to "normal" life...e-mail me at either akki_chairudo@yahoo.com or spider_queen_is_me@yahoo.com if you'd like to read either of them. ^^