Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ ZER0 ❯ Chastity ( Epilogue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Title: ZER0 - Part 14 - Chastity
Author: Vinyl Koneko (Emily), roguegirl@att.net
Rating: R
Warnings: language, angst, death, blood, gruesome stuff, yaoi
Archive: Want it? Take it. Just give me credit, please.
Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. I just like to play with them and make them play with each other.
Comments: *Emphasis*, 'thought', [flashback]. Chastity is the Seventh Heavenly Virtue and is defined as the refraining from unlawful sexual intercourse.

*~**~*

/So now things are more or less over. Weaver got the death sentence and is being put on death row once he transfers out of the nearest prison. His lawyer, predictibly, went for the plea of temporary insanity, but between myself, Heero, Trowa, Quatre, Wufei, and Une, we were able to prove his guilt threefold. The lawyer knew he was fighting a losing battle and just had Weaver plead guilty in the hope that he would get a lighter sentence, but the jury wouldn't see it otherwise.

He had a wife and daughter, apparently, but they were killed by OZ soldiers when a falling Aries landed on their home. Since then, Weaver became addicted to the Christian religion and later saw following the Seven Deadly Sins as the best way to get rid of all the sinners - sinners like the men who were responsible for destroying his family.

When the prosecuting lawyer asked Weaver if he ever had plans to kill Lloyd, Tanya, or any of the children at St. Jerome's, he ended up in tears saying how he could never hurt a child because it would hold him in the same place as those that killed his daughter, Chastity. He had only been able to bring himself to kill the women because they either deserved it or were collateral.

I'm glad attending the trial farther than my testimony wasn't mandatory because the whole setup made me sick to my stomach. Weaver seriously thought he'd be a free man when the ordeal was over.

For our hard work, we were awarded three months of leave time with pay. I told Une I could kiss her and she told me that if I did she'd sue on sexual harassment. I know she was joking, but I still need to find a way to express my gratitude.

Quatre's plan for keeping him and Trowa close pulled through. He's now only the CEO of WEI for morale purposes within the company. One of his sisters wanted it so much more than he did, and Quatre felt he needed to help clean up the mess he made during the war. Preventers is the place we have all found that.

Heero and I are taking advantage of our vacation to the fullest. We each had quite the sum of money squirreled away from what we'd taken from OZ, and we aren't going to go off and buy mansions and Porsches with it, so a cruise really is the next best thing. It gives us lots of alone time, and it really is nice to be together without worrying about getting called off on an assignment or whatever else Une could have us doing. I mean, we're still stuck in the same office together, but I highly doubt the desks would be able to support both of our weight, so we'll just have to take advantage of every moment we get together here, currently in the middle of the Mediterranean.

All things considered it wasn't a bad assignment. Once again we're basically being held as heroes, but there are some things you can't avoid in life, and that's one of them. Maybe it'll let any other psychopaths out there know that Preventers will catch him, so he better not try anything as long as we're around.

I can hear Heero calling me in the other room, and I'm not going to keep him waiting. Until the next assignment.

--Duo Maxwell, May 27, 201 AC/

*~**~*

Owari