Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ A Ham Ham Getaway ❯ Surprises Planned and Secret revealed?! ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A Ham Ham Getaway

Surprises Planned and Secret revealed?!

By Ryouga's best friend

A/N- Another chapter of the story where Hamtaro's owner, Laura, gets swept up into a hamster's world for a weekend. I've thinking hard on these last parts...I can't believe it. Another chapter or two after this and it's over. This is where the plot thickens and someone gets suspicious of the newest ham. And what could the blatant statement of my title mean!!! read and find out...... oh, and Enjoy it too!

Recap- Upon coming home from school Laura came across a strange woman at a merchants cart that appeared from thin air. She gave her a Moon stone that had the power to change her luck with Travis. A sudden as it happen she was gone and her friend Kana didn't even remember the incident. The woman was none other than Urd, Goddess of the Past... and self-proclaimed goddess of love. The stone gave the processor a limited wish. Though Laura never got to make her wish because an incident with her pet Hamster, Hamtaro, its power was expended.

The next day, on her way to visit her old friends, she passed out and woke up in the body of a hamster. She had been found by the ham hams on their way to a pic nic. Still dazed she went along with it and met them all, including her own pet. They spent the day in the park until they were ambushed by a large cat. Laura was almost lunch but Hamtaro saved her. The ham hams spent the rest of their pic nic in a cave undisturbed by predators. and right now it is late and they are headed home...

* * * * * *

The troop of hamsters marched wearily back to their clubhouse, they were tired from the party and the cat. It was then when they decided to part ways and head for home, Laura seemed particularly strange about this issue and asked if she could stay at the clubhouse for the night. No one seemed to have a problem with it but Bijou, Sandy, and Maxwell were suspicious (for different reasons). Though no Ham said a word until the stranger had taken to bed. They held emergency Ham meeting about the subject.

"There's something strange about Laura," Maxwell stated to mixed reactions. "She doesn't talk or act like a Hamster, wild or house..."

"She always seems to be confused at al the normal things we do, ya know" Sandy added. The comments received nods from the others who had also noticed the strange activity.

"I think zhe is hiding something," Bijou spoke up. "Like why didn't she go home tonight?" she had calmed down from the incident earlier in the cave and sounded worried about the ham-girl.

"Maybe she's a runaway?" Boss queried.

"Why would she run from her owner? She said he was a nice guy." Said Oxnard. Stan sighed sadly.

"She was probably lying, so no one would ask about it. She must have had a really bad owner than..."

"That's horrible!" Hamtaro was in shock. "Laura was such a nice ham, how could someone be mean to her?!"

"Humans can be strange like that, " Maxwell replied. Everyone at the table felt down.

"I wish we could do something to help her..." Pashmina stated idly.

"There's….always room…here," said a voice that drifted from upstairs. All hams glanced up to see Snoozer, still asleep but always listening. Everyone turned then turned to Boss.

"Well, I guess but we'd have to make another room." Panda thought about it for a moment before speaking.

"It wouldn't be too hard if everyone helped, but it would be really neat if it was a surprise… Someone would have to keep her occupied all day tomorrow." A collective 'hmm…' filled the room as they put there head together. Maxwell is the one who spoke.

"I think Hamtaro should take care of Laura tomorrow, it seem she trusts him the most." He reasoned, Bijou twitched slightly.

"Are you zure that's such a good idea?" her previously forgotten feelings returning. The others looked confused at the ham-girl's reservations.

"I don't see why not, I don't mind." Hamtaro shrugged and turned to her, "Why do you think it would be bad?" Bijou sweatdroped and twiddled with her paws.

"O-oh, no real r-reason…"

"Than I guess it's settled. We'll start tomorrow as soon as they leave," Boss commanded. They dispersed back to there homes and beds, the plan fresh in their minds.

* * * * *

Laura found herself in an endless shimmering plain of blue, and though she had a surface she was standing on, there seemed to be no direction in this place. She glanced down to she that she was human, which was an unexpected bonus. "Where am I?" she wondered aloud.

"Your here of course," A familiar female voice stated from behind her. The young girl jumped and let out and 'eep'. It was the woman from the park, only now she was dressed in exotic robes that barely covered the important areas of her body.

"Here? Where is here?"

"Your subconscious, we couldn't very well chat in that hamster clubhouse and risk waking anyone. I needed to talking about that stone I gave you…"

"The stone…that's what turned me into a hamster! Why did you turn me into a hamster?" Laura asked confused and more than a little vexed. Urd snorted.

"Don't blame me, you and your hamster made the wish before I could tell you how to use it."

"Hamtaro… you mean Hamtaro made the wish?!" That put a whole new spin on this issue. "If he made the wish how come he didn't know that I'm really his owner?"

"Well, here's where it gets complicated. It started with you. 'Honestly Hamtaro your so strange sometimes, I wish I could understand why you act so weird'" Urd mimicked Laura's voice perfectly. "'But I'd probably have to be a hamster myself for that, am I right?' Now with this wording it has the potential to be passed to another eligible candidate…"

"You mean, Hamtaro is able to get a wish too?!"

"Ya, A real kick in the pants isn't it?" Urd said with a wry smirk. "I didn't realize the problem until it was too late, he had already agreed with you and cast the wish." Laura was stunned at this turn of events. Just two days before she hardly believed in magic and now she buried in it. The goddess continued to recount the incident. "Now a full powered wish is filled immediately upon granting and is supported by the ultimate force. A limited wish is different. It's low powered and only lasts a short time and, thankfully, doesn't require Kami's approval."

"Kami!"

"Well ya, who else?" the goddess replied casually. "Anyway, by the time the stone gathered enough power you were already leaving for your friend's house. So your leaving and the hamster Laura's appearance are just a coincidence."

"Oh… okay. But how am I going to turn back?"

"Well the magic should wear off by 4:00 pm tomorrow, so you might as well have some fun and enjoy yourself."

"Enjoy myself… I almost got eaten by a cat!" Urd drooped at the mentioning of that.

"Look I'm really sorry, I just wanted to help you with you little boyfriend. I didn't want anything bad to happen," She said with a sad sigh. Her past doubts coming to her face for just a moment before she buried them again. Laura was unsure of how to react. She was still angry with the woman, but felt she was sincere and saddened by the event. "Don't worry I'll make it up to you."

* * * * *

The next thing she knew, she was waking up on the upper area of the Ham ham clubhouse. She was a hamster again, but at least now she knew why. It must be pretty early in the morning cause the only one around was Boss, who apparently lived there. He glanced up and gave her a nod. "Good Morning Laura."

"Good Morning," she called back as she descended the stairs. She glanced over to the other upper area where one Hamster was still sleeping in the same sock he was all of yesterday. "Is he okay?"

"Who… oh you mean Snoozer, yeah he's fine. He's always sleeping."

"Always sleeping?"

"Well he talks to us but it's hard to tell if he's asleep or awake," Boss explained to the new ham. She thought back to yesterday when the hamster had talked to her after getting Urd's note.

"I think I know what you mean…" She said as she took a seat at the circular table. "Where is everyone?"

"It's still early, but someone should be by soon. From what I hear a bunch of them will be busy today with one thing or another. Looks like a slow day today," He stated mostly to himself. Laura slumped a bit. * I'm turning back this afternoon, I was looking forward to some fun * she thought glumly, but all she said was.

"Oh"

"Don't worry, Some one will be able to hang out… I'm pretty sure Hamtaro's free." He shot out casually, eyeing her reaction. Laura's stomach jumped a bit at his name, it had been like that since yesterdays shock with the cat.

"Really?"

"Oh yeah. He normally stays home on Sundays. But since Laura… ah, his owner I mean, is out of town for the rest of the day he'll be free to do something." He continued as he looked over a bunch of papers on the table. * That's right, I normally spend time with Hamtaro on Sundays…* She laughed a bit to herself. * Looks like I'm still going to. *

* * * * *

It took nearly an hour for the other Hams that weren't busy to show, Panda, Dexter and Maxwell seemed to be working with Boss of some project. She already knew the girls were off doing something and apparently the others were stuck at their homes, so it the only one not busy was…

"Hey Laura!" Hamtaro called as he entered. Her stomach flipped.

"H-hey Hamtaro," she managed to reply. * Why am I so nervous? *. He joined her at the table. He had a wide grin on his face as he looked her way, she immediately turned to the table.

"Want to go around town?"

"huh?!"

"Well, everyone's busy today and since Laura's not around I got nothin' to do today. So you wanna?"

"I-I guess so," she replied keeping her focus away from the other Hamster.

"Great!" He said jumping up and grabbing her hand. Stomach flip. "Let's go, I've got some much to show you." He dragged her out before she could reply, but her cheeks had a rosy hue. Inside Hamtaro wasn't nearly as happy * I feel bad about lying to Laura, but if we surprise her it's necessary.*

"Have fun you two!" Boss called out as the pair exited into the tunnels. A few minutes later the other hams came out of the hiding place in the side tunnels. "All right everyone, we've got work to do."

"Right," the others chorused and filed into the clubhouse. Bijou spared a moment to look down the tunnel were Laura and Hamtaro went.

"You coming Bijou!" Cappy called out from inside, she sighed slightly.

"Oui, I'm here." She joined the others inside, for the surprise of an abused hamster's life…

to be continued

A/N- another step closer to the end. I apologize for the very long wait, there were a lot of factors involved but I won't make excuses. This chapter shaped up much differently than I originally planned. The Dream with Urd was another way to tie up some loose ends and explain the function of a limited wish. I got the idea from AD&D, since they have a spell call 'Limited Wish'. I thought I'd be interesting. I also did that little bit about Snoozer since I barely managed him in previous chapters and I think he's on of the more unique characters so I had to at least mention him.

The abuse thing came out of no where. It wasn't in my original plan at all, but I figured it would give a believable reason for her odd behavior that the other hams could grasp without question. The Bijou-Hamtaro-Laura triangle is still building and I'm not sure where to go with it. But the important thing is that it's almost complete! One or two more chapters and it's done. It's cool and Sad at the same time, sigh, but it had to happen.

Anyway Next time on 'A Ham Ham Getaway'. Laura hit's the town with Hamtaro, seeing her town from a WHOLE new perspective. Meanwhile The rest of the Hams are working on an extra room at the clubhouse for Laura, who they believe to be an abused pet who ran away. Add a steady amount confused emotions, Mistaken Identity and Jealousy, with just a pinch of Chaos and you get the next episode "My Date with a Hamster!" Till next time, Je Ne!