Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ It's Penelope's turn ❯ Go Penelope! ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Penelope woke up earlier than the other young hamsters. This is it, she wanted to go home and go back with her owner. She snuck out of the straw bed and slowly opened the door. The door had squeaked from the rocks going against each other but they just stirred in bed. Then she ran as far from the hee-haw village, she wasn't so far from it but she had no idea which direction she had came from. The whole village was surrounded by tall grass.

You're leaving now? A soft voice surprised her. She turned around and saw Jelly looking sad.

I have to go, well I mean I don't live here, I have friends and an owner. Said Penelope looking depressed.

But wait I can come with you! I'll bring Rose and the others with us. We'll leave at night and we'll pack food and go together. Jelly answered cheerfully.

Won't you miss your village? Cuz you were born here and you always lived here.

Jelly shook her head. No that's all wrong. I lived somewhere else like you but then I had a problem and that Ruby guy took me here. It's the same with the other hamsters that are here. He seems nice when he brings you here but then he makes us like slaves. That's why we were all happy and cheerful to make our village sound the opposite of what is.

Penelope stood there in shock. She could not believe this. That hamster tricked her all along.

Well let's do what you said about leaving at midnight. Penelope said seriously.

They quickly went back to the village and were about to enter the hut when a hamster stopped them. They couldn't see who it was but was a male when it spoke.

And what are two young hamsters doing out here in the dark at this time? He grinned.

Penelope recognized the gold earring on the left ear. It was Ruby.

Um…uh we were- Penelope stuttered. An eyebrow raised from the hamster, he was getting suspicious.

-going to find the bathroom and kinda got lost! Jelly finished the sentenced off fast.

They hurried in the hut and went in bed waiting for him to leave.

Morning came and Jelly told all the hamsters about her idea to leave and come with Penelope. Of course Ruby got suspicious even more when all the hamsters (yes, the maids too) gobbled down their food fast and quickly left. Ruby was noticed no one dared to play outside. Strange he thought. What were they up too?

All the hamsters were in one hut and were packing up belongings and food and of course a map. Penelope and Jelly went to the main hut to collect food from the fridge, course trouble struck Ruby just had to come in and saw them grabbing bags of food and water bottles. That is when he gave them a glare of suspiciousness. Penelope and Jelly froze. Penelope opened her mouth to speak first. We're going camping for awhile to see what it's like in the wild. Then they quickly left. Ruby didn't believe that at all he knew what was going on.

Hamtaro are we there yet? Pouted Panda. He was getting so tired already from walking.

I don't think so Panda. He answered. As well the other ham-hams had to take a lot of breaks.

But Pashmina was getting so mad at the others for resting. She kept saying come on we don't have enough time for stupid breaks or why are you guys wasting time when Penelope can be suffering.

Back to Penelope. The stars were out in the black night and it was time to get out of the horrible village. All the hamsters went outside quietly and headed to the grass that's when a figure went in front of them.

I know what you're guys are up too. Ruby said. His eyes had no mercy in them.

That's right. I had enough of this stupid village and we ham-hams are leaving! Shouted Penelope in an angry voice. She never felt like this before, she was so mad.

But I won't let you leave. You'll stay here forever! He laughed.

Penelope charged at him and punched him in the stomach, hard. He fell over and got up wiping blood from his mouth.

So, you wanna play rough. He was quick and he punched her in the cheek. She never felt pain like this before and fell on the ground on her stomach. Tears were falling down from pain but she didn't wail. She got up slowly and said Ookwee Ookwee in a whisper.

Aww, you give up already? He said meanly.

No. I'm not done yet. She glared at him. He noticed her eyes changed. They weren't sweet and shy; they were harsh and mean. She stared at him like she wanted him dead. He was too busy staring at her when Jelly jumped at him and started to pull his ears. Hurry Penelope! Get him while you can! She yelled at her. Penelope ran toward and bit his arm and he howled in pain and Ruby with Jelly and Penelope on him, rolling around to get them off. But too late he rolled in the rushing river and vanished. Rose went in tears, Jelly and Penelope were trying to save them from Ruby. She screamed with all her might.

NOOOOOOO! JELLY! PENELOPE! COME BACK! Tears rolled down her face.

Back to Hamtaro. They all sat there in the dark when the heard. PENELOPEEE!! Pashmina rose up in fear. Penelope, her name was called and it was really close by! ONWARD! She screamed in joy. They finally made it when she saw a hamster crying fat tears really hard. She ran over and asked what happened. She looked up. Penelope and Jelly saved our lives but she vanished in the river and now she's gone.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT? Hint: she won't die.

TO BE CONTINUED