Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ what the watcher brings ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Boy, I got of hits off the first chap of this one. Look like me opening story is going to have a very interesting sequel. Well, thanks to you guys and on with the show.
 
The hams all cleared the floor as Stan stepped up and went solo. he had the whole floor, so there was lots to work on. As he got down on the floor, the other hams just watched. "I'll say this for Stan, he can really get down for himself." said Pashmina.
"Yeah, when he's not acting like a flirt anyways." said Sandy.
"Oh well, he can't have me, he lost that chance."
"Yeah, like that'll stop him."
"How can you shadow someone on the whole floor, Panda?" asked Hamtaro.
"Just move accordingly, it's not that hard." Panda answered.
That's Panda for ya', thought Hamtaro. He would know, he made this machine from scratch.... with a little help of course.
"Stan looks pretty determined." said Boss.
"He just wants that S rank." said Howdy. "Some people just aren't happy with an A."
"Some people are just good."
 
Stan stepped off of the floor, taking a B on the last song, which ended his routine. "Ah, there's nothing like a good dance." he said.
"That was cool, nice moving you had there, Stan." said Panda.
"Yes, not bad. Needs a bit more improvement, but not bad nonetheless."
 
All the hams looked around, trying to find out where that outburst came from. "Tough talker, why don't you show yourself?" Stan called out.
"Fine, I will." the voice calls again. Then all of a sudden, there was a rustling, then out came.....
"Sparkle?" everyone gasped.
"Yeah, it's Sparkle." the uppity star ham answered. "Were you expecting the Easter Chicken?"
"Actually, we were expecting one of our friends." said Dexter.
"Ha, ha, ha, let's all make fun of Sparkle."
"Do you really want us to do that?" asked Hamtaro.
"You dingbat, it was a figure of-"
SLAP! "You watch your mouth!" Bijou yelled.
That slap looked painful, that probably did hurt Sparkle. thought Hamtaro.
"You lousy french-"
Stan cut in here. "Okay, break it up, girls." he said. He then turned to Sparkle. "So you liked my floor action, huh?"
"It was o.k., not too impressive." Sparkle answered.
"And you can do better?" asked Stan.
"Ppppt, of course I can."
"Then prove it to me, now."
"Fine, but when I beat you, you have to kiss my feet and call me the Dance Floor Queen."
"Fine, but when you lose, you have to go out on a date with me and LIKE IT!"
"You're on, let's battle."
 
Stan and Sparkle step onto the floor and get ready for the first routine. "I hope you're ready to lose." said Sparkle.
"I'm just thinking about something." said Stan.
"What, how to address me royally?"
"No, where we're going on our date."
 
Sparkle picked the first song, Brilliant 2 U and the hams customized their settings: Speed x2, freeze off, "middle road" difficulty. The other hams watched as the stage began. Let's see the styyle Sparkle uses on the floor... thought Boss.
This should be interesting. thought Sandy.
I sure hope Stan wins. thought Pashmina.
"Boy, this is a little tough to keep up with." said Stan.
"It's only on two speed, stop whining." said Sparkle.
"I normally play one and a half speed, so shaddup."
Slow poke, you'll never get better than me that way. thought Sparkle.
 
This stage went on very nicely and soon it was over. Stan got a B, but Sparkle, an A. "I pick the next song." said Sparkle.
"You picked the last one." said Stan, "I get to pick this one."
"Well I got the better grade, so it's still my pick."
"She's got you there, Stan." said Panda.
"Finally, someone understands me."
"Don't push your luck."
"Let's tone it down and take one of my personal favorites, Nori Nori Nori."
"Cool, let's do it." said Stan.
 
Nori Nori Nori went by a bit too quickly and both hams ended up with an AA rank. "Not bad, you came up since last time, good for you." said Sparkle.
"Yup, and my score's higher than yours, so the last song is my pick." said Stan.
"Whatever."
"Uh huh." It's time for a checkup, Sparkle. Perhaps the witchdoctor will know how to cure you...
 
Stan chose the last song, Witchdoctor's Remix, but in addition to this, he changed the settings. Speed x4, heavy load. No let's see who whines about the speed. Stan thought.
 
This song went by at an vigorative pace and off the bat, Sparkle was in trouble. "Holy ham, this is way too fast for my taste." she said.
"Not my fault you can't keep up." said Stan.
"I thought you were used to one point five speed."
"Two speed on this was way too slow, so four speed."
"You're persistent aren't you?"
"You're outta gas, aren't you?"
"Don't push it."
"Look who's complaining now..."
 
Stan pretty much had a full guage while Sparkle's guage was borderline empty, Stan even sung along while he moved on the floor. "Ooh, ee, ooh ah ah, ting, tang, walla walla bing bang. Ooh, ee, ooh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing-"
BLAM!
"So sorry Sparkle, you lose. Now be a good lady and clear the floor."
"You still have to finish the song." said Sparkle.
Lucky Stan, why does he have to get it on with Sparkle? Oh well, maybe next time. Boss whined mentally.
 
Stan finished the song with a C. His average was a B and the casanova was feeling good. "That was totally cool, bro." said Sandy.
"I know." said Stan.
"Okay, I lost, so what." said Sparkle, obviously a sore loser.
"So we're going out on a date." Stan said.
Clapping was soon heard, then she made her entrance. "Not to bad there, sugar. Hoo wee, that was mighty graceful, both of ya' were." Pepper gave her props.
Oxnard decided to make his move. "So Pepper, um, uh, when do I get a dance with you?" he asked nervously, blushing all the while.
"Maybe later." Pepper answered.
"That might actually happen sooner than you think." said Sparkle.
"How come?" asked Cappy.
"I thought you doofuses would've know this by now, but I see that I was wrong. Since you all know how to dane so well, you should go to the Ham Park and sign up for the Floormaster Tournament tomorrow."
"Tomorrow?" asked Boss.
"I didn't stutter."
"It'll be too late by then, I reckon." said Pepper, "all in favor of going to sign up right now, raise a paw." Of course this was unanimous. "Well, then, let's go sign up."
"Hold on, you need to be in teams of two to sign up for this tourney." said Sparkle.
"Fiddlesticks, that won't stop us, we'll decide who to team up with on the way there. C'mon y'all, last on there smells like cow chips." and off Pepper ran.
"Pepper, wait!" yelled Oxnard as he followed his southern belle.
 
The other hams quickly followed suit. "I'm outta here." said Sparkle and went to turn the other way.
"Oh no you don't, you're coming along too." said Stan, taking Sparkle by the arm.
"Let me go, I'm not going."
"Fine, but I thought you'd want to get this date over with quickly, but since you don't wanna..."
"Okay, okay, you got a point. Let's go already."
"Fine, but remember, you have to like it, even if it turns out to be the worse date of your life."
"Don't jinx it."
 
 
(glances at watch) whoa, it's 4 a.m.? I'm going to bed now, review peeps.