Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ Jam's inspirational Heat ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wow, I didn't expect for that last chap to end like that, poor Maxwell...
 
The hams were on their way back to the clubhouse after the events at the arcade. Some of them weren't too pleased. "Can you believe ze nerve of zhose Comets, how rude." said Bijou.
"Blocking the way like that, and having someone try to kiss their feet. They'll pay for that insult." said Sparkle.
"I'm sorry about that part of our date, I'll make it up to you." said Stan.
"It's not your fault."
"Well it's nice to know that Sparkle enjoyed herself, non?" asked Bijou.
"Yes, Stan was a gentleham."
"We're gonna get those guys back for bullying us, just you wait." said Cappy.
"Take it easy you hams, those guys aren't pushovers, you know." said Boss.
 
Jam simply walked with the hams, he clearly had nothing to say. "Is everyone frosty?" he finally broke his silence.
"I'm fine," answered Hamtaro, "but those fakers don't scare me, not one bit." The hams made it back to the clubhouse and had some practice. They were preparing for the tournament which is slowly on its way.
 
After a while, the hams started to practice on the floor. "Not bad this time, you've gotten better than when you battled for Pashmina." said Jam.
"You've gotten better since your battle for Bijou." said Stan.
"First Panda, now you. Did you guys want me to end up with Bijou?"
"Did you want to end up with Bijou?"
"Bijou is a petite de pretty, anyone would've been happy with her, even Panda."
"I'm glad you're still in the game."
"Took the words right from my mouth."
 
"Hey Cappy, after they're done, you wanna train with me on the floor?" asked Tango.
"Well..." Cappy began.
"Oh come one, it'll be fun."
"I didn't say that I didn't want to."
"So will you?"
".....Sure, why not, it won't hurt."
 
"You made it through all three rounds, but I still had a better overall grade than you. But it was still good to battle you." said Jam.
"Yeah, I lost," said Stan, "but at least I kept frosty."
"That's the good thing."
"So Jam, you sure know much about The Comet Crew." said Pashmina.
"Of course I do, they weren't easy to beat."
"I find that hard to believe." said Hamtaro. "Anyone can beat those fakers, they don't scare me in the slightest."
"Hamtaro, please let eet go." pled Bijou.
"What was the whole deal of calling Jam "The One" anyway? Jam is Jam, not "The", or "One", or "The One", Jam is Jam. It's like saying Jam's name would ruin their reputation or something...."
"That's exactly what happened."
"Heke?!" All the hams were now interested.
"Lemme tell you the story."
"Cool, but where's Maxwell at, he should hear this story too?" asked Cappy.
"He's still hurting since what's his name took Sandy from Him." said Howdy.
"That everyone was Yami." said Jam. "And I've a gut that each of them will want your sweeties."
"You can say that again." said Pashmina.
 
Stan went to see Maxwell in his study and when he got there, Maxwell wasn't all that he usually is. "Hey, Jam's gonna tell us how he beat the Comets, come on and listen with the rest of us." he said.
"Pass, just leave me alone." Maxwell replied sadly.
"What the hell is your problem?"
"Sandy just walked away with Yami all infatuated and everything... she forgot all about me. It's like she doesn't want to want to be with me anymore."
"So what?"
"I'm hurt that I lost my girl, now just leave me alone." Maxwell picked up one of his books.
Stan took the book from Maxwell and decked him dead in the mouth. "You good for nothing coward."
"Hey, that's one of my favorite books-"
"Favorite books my ass! And you wonder why my sister ran off with Yami... it's because of the time you put into these books. Didn't you hear Sandy's words when she ran off with Yami? I did, and it urks me really bad."
If you would put more attention on me than you do those books, maybe.... maybe you'd still have me. Put more attention on me.... attention on me.... attention on me...
"Hey, I'm talking to you. Don't zone out on me!"
"You don't get it. How am I supposed to get my gorl back from Yami?"
"You're gonna get her back on the exact place you lost her."
"On the floor, that's no use. I'm not even good on the game, and even if I was, how am I going to stand a chance against one of the worlds greatest Floormasters?"
"What do you mean by 'One of the world's greatest Floormasters?' Maxwell?"
 
This is where Jam takes over with the rest of the hams. "The Comet Crew aren't just what you see in person. Those guys are just a few of the world's greatest Floormasters, believe it or not. Those Comets practically live, sleep, dream and run those floors. 4step, 5step, 9step, you name it, they have conquered it. I've been to many Floormaster Tournaments, as a spectator and a contestant, and I will tell you first-hand.... competition's tough. Peeps come from all the corners and cracks of the globe to be at these events, some watch as other participate. Everyone who enters these Floormaster Tourneys makes sure they know how to get down for themselves and their partners. After taking fourth place from the most recent tournament, I entered again, hoping to improve my skill. Yes, I've got down on those floors, sometimes to the point of overexertion, but unlike the rest of the people who do this workout 'til their sore and legs are on fire, who take breaks of fifteen minutes and then get back on the floor to workout until their strength is wittled to the bone, I had more self dignity... Or at least I gained it."
"It's just a game, Jam. What's the worse that can happen?" asked Pashmina.
"One guy, he was really skilled, entered a tourney and decided to go all out. Get it right, he made it far... but exceeded his own limit. During the second stage, he collapsed during his practice run. The doctors said that he over exerted himself and had a heart attack. Anymore exertion on himself and he would've killed himself."
"Whoa....." all the hearing hams said.
"I remember that too, it was just before the tourney that I had entered, he watched me practice as I had my workout....
 
"After my run, he came up and gave me one of his energy drinks. 'Son, you seems pretty good.' he said.
'Thanks, but I've still not even close to being formidable.' Jam said.
'You sound confident, which is exactly what you need. What's your name?'
'Jam I am, who be you?'
'I be Heat. Tell me Jam, why do you play these games?'
'Three reasons: 1) because it's the best workout that a gym can't even touch. 2) because I chose to learn how to do this from watching everybody else, so I can learn the routines and get better. And 3) because even though it's a game, I make sure that I have a lot of fun doing this and not let any other reason cloud my judgement from this. It's what I love to do.'
'I liked your second reason and the first half of your third reason the best. You realize that this is a game and you shouldn't be angry with yourself because that's it.'
 
"After a nice chat, he treated me to every last floor. Sure Heat challenged me, but I thought of it as a workout than actual being schooled. In truth, he was training me, though he never told me.... At least, that's what I thought anyway, he was training me. 'So you've entered the next Floormaster Tournament, have you?' asked Heat.
'No, I haven't...' Jam answered. 'I wanted to, but I got to the registrations too late and they closed before I got there. I can tell you're in it, though.'
'You bet your sweet sitter I am. Tell me, how do you feel when you get on that floor?"
'I can't really say, it's like... being born again. I guess it's exciting so much that even when I can't complete a song, I wanna skae it off and try it again because I had fun from it.'
'That's good to hear.'"
"Jam, not to be rude or anything, but do you plan on getting to the point of this story, some of us have to get home?" said Cappy.
"That's right, you hams are domesticated. Well, lemme get to the main point. "After a while, I watched Heat practice. He didn't even stop to take a break, I though he was just full of energy. Then as I saw his sweat, I knew that something was wrong.... and I was right. He passed out on the stage and I simply went to his aid.
 
"As Heat lay bedwritten, I went in to visit him. I wasn't sad though, I kept my head up. 'I owe you much, my friend.' he said.
'You'd do the same for me.' Jam said.
'I like your spirit, so full of energy and hope. I want you to promise me one thing.'
'My word is my bond.'
'I lived by one rule everytime I stepped onto those floors: Play the rhythm, keep moving, stay frosty and always remain dynamic. But I forgot to add one thing: Know your limit. If I would've known my limit, I wouldn't be here now.'
'Don't worry, I'll make sure to remember your words.'
'And remember also, that it's not about how skilled you are, or how much you doubt yourself or pride yourself, always have fun.'
'Such wisdom from one of the best. I won't forget these words, Heat. Get well soon.'
 
"With that said and done, I left him to rest and recover from the stresses Heat had gone through. What I didn't realize however, that that was the final time I spoke to him."
"Bo-ring. Get to the Comets already." said Cappy.
"Cappy, be nice." Pashmina scorned him. "Go ahead Jam, what happened next?"
"Well, the day of the Floormaster's Ball came and they explained the rules. I didn't see Heat anywhere at all, and this concerned me. 'I wonder where Heat could be...' Jam wondered.
'Excuse me, pardon me, coming through.' It was a ham doctor. I thought that he was going to say that Heat wouldn't be attending.... Boy was I wrong, very wrong. 'Are you the announcer?' asked the ham doctor.
'Yes I am, is something wrong?' questioned the announcer.
'I'm here on behalf of one of your participants, Heat.'
'Do you know where he is, because his first match begins the competition?'
'Heat died this morning from a heart attack. It was so severe that there was nothing we could do to save him.'
'Man, that's too bad.'
'I know, but I found a note that Heat personally wrote.' Doctor Ham gave the announcer the note.
'Okay let's see...' the announcer began to read the note. 'O-kay, people I have some news to report. If there is a Jam present, let him or her step forward.'
 
"It was a shock, but I stepped up. Turns out that Heat had requested that I take his place."
"Wow, you're so lucky, Jam." said Bijou.
"Yeah. Well, I'll stop here and explain the rest to you tomorrow, since you hams gotta get home..."
"No way, tell your tale." Snoozer put in his words. "A good story brings great knowledge..... Zu, zu, zu..."
Jam shook his head, "That sleepyhead... you guys share his opinion?"
"Sure." said most of the hams.
"I'd agree, but I gotta get home." said Cappy. "Fill me in tomorrow, Jam."
"Sorry, but all of you should hear this. If one hams leaves, then I'm not telling."
"Awwwwwwwwwwww!" the other hams whined.
"Now, now hams, I'll tell you the rest tomorrow, but you should get home."
"Man, I wanted to hear this story too..." said Pashmina.
"Cliffhangers are so much fun, because that gives the listeners a chance to predict what will happen next. See you tomorrow, sugar."
 
With that, all the hams left the clubhouse. As the place was pretty much empty, Jam began to gig like always. "You know, it wouldn't be right to have you leave, so why don't you crash here tonight?" asked Boss.
"Cool, I'll do just that." answered Jam.
"So, gimme a preview on what's gonna happen tomorrow..."
"I'll explain how these tourneys work and I'll tell you all about my encounter with the Comets and the aftermath thereafter. But for now, I'm gonna workout."
"Do you mind if I join you?"
"Not at all, let's practice."
"Can I stay too Boss, please?" asked Tango.
"Why not, the more the mereier is what they say."
 
 
well peeps, gotta cut you here, but just do what Pepper's gonna do, visualize what will happen next. until then, give your piece.