Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ putting the pain to rest ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Man I saw Van Helsing on mother's day, damn that was some good shit! and to think the people gave it two stars... no justice for it, it's at least a four star rating. Go and see it sometime. Also, send in some reviews peeps, I wanna know what you guys are thinking about where this story's going.
 
On their walk home, the hams were a happy bunch. "Ooh la la, zhat was magnifique." said Bijou.
"Yeah, that bit of training was great." said Hamtaro.
"I'm glad I actually got through Cartoon Heroes." said Pashmina.
"Yeah, that song is totally cool." said Sandy. "It makes you feel like singing it."
"We are the cartoon he-roes, Oh-oh..."
"Girls, don't get carried away." said Dexter. "There's still much to do."
"I wonder where Boss is, he still didn't get back yet." said Howdy.
"Hey you guys," said Jam. "Everyone have fun?"
"Boss hasn't come back yet." answered Tango.
"He probably registered for they tourney."
"Shoot, I forgot to do that." said Howdy.
"Well, you better do it today, since today's the last day for sign-ups. If you get back home and b-line it to the park, you can sign up for it."
"I'll make sure I do that."
"Well, let's go Tango, we have some things to talk about."
"Right Jam, lead the way."
 
Jam and Tango run back to the clubhouse as the rest watch them go. "I think Jam and Tango make a cute couple." said Sparkle.
"I noticed that too." said Pashmina. "You think Tango is Jam's girlham?"
"Nah, she looks too young for him." Stan answered.
"And what's wrong with having a younger girlham?" asked Sparkle.
"Nothing."
"Okay then."
"I wonder if Jam's in the tourney..." said Cappy.
"Probably not." said Hamtaro.
"And if he was, why would he train us?" asked Pepper.
"That makes a lot of sense, Pepper." said Bijou. "I guess he'll tell us later."
"Well, I better get home before Glitter notices I'm gone, 'til tomorrow." said Sparkle and she took off in a hurry.
 
A little while later, Howdy ran off to register for the tourney at the fun park. There's still time for me, thank god. he thought. As he was going in, he saw Jam and Tango leaving. Looks like those two are finally signing up as well... No matter, don't get distracted. Howdy went in and signed up for singles competition and once done, headed for the door..... only to be greeted by a familiar face. "Hey puddin, what's up?"
"Oh, just signing up for the tournament." Howdy answered. "What about you?"
"Being elite has its advantages." said Dandy Lion. "My sibs and I are already in it."
"That's good to know."
"So, let's go find a bush somewhere..."
"I would, but I gotta get back to my owner. Maybe next time, Dandy."
"Well, I guess I can take a raincheck."
"Thanks for understanding, bye-q."
 
And Howdy was gone. Dandy Lion turned to see another ham, Maxwell, and he wasn't doing to well on the floor. Look at that loser, I better go see how badly he's doing. she thought. By the time she got there, she saw the guage almost drained. On an easy song too? that's just sad.
"Man, this is what I get." said Maxwell, then his guage emptied.
"You know, for someone that 'The One' trained, you're terrible at this game." said Dandy Lion.
Maxwell turned to see his spotter. "You broke my concentration." he shot at her.
"Tch, don't make excuses because you suck at this. I hope Yami puts a beating..... no wait, my brother is going to severely beat you down. And after he's beaten you at this challenge you set out for him...."
"Don't stop. Finish speaking, I can handle what you're going to say, so just let it out."
"He's gonna take your girl and breed with her while you sit and watch in stupor."
"We'll see."
"Dandy, why are you talking to this gnave for?" ask an approaching Yami.
"Nothing, just looking at your pitiful competition at work. He died on an easy song."
"And which song was that?"
"Bumblebee."
Yami broke out laughing. "And you dare challenge me? Go back to your books, you loser. You aren't even worth my time, let alone your pathetic challenge."
"Then why dont you show me how it's done?" Maxwell asked.
"As soon as you wipe your pitiful frame from the floor, I'll be happy to school you." said Yami.
"I didn't hear a please."
"Who wants lessons from whom?"
"......Fair enough."
 
Maxwell stepped off the floor and Yami took to it and began his play. "Now pay attention, you might actually learn how to survive." Yami said cockily.
"Just shut up and dance." said Maxwell.
 
Yami managed to get two double a ranks and a triple a rank, earning him the extra song. "Well my foe, have you learned yet?" Yami asked.
"Yeah, I learned." Maxwell answered with rolled eyes.
"Well I'll let you have my last song. Show me that you've actually learned something, bookworm. Maybe I might take your word's worth... or find out that my sister's words are true."
"Fine, I will."
"Here, this song, even on heavy, is eaasy enough even for a novice like you to pass."
"I'll pick my own song, I don't need any help from you."
 
Jam re-entered the arcade to see Maxwell take the floor. Obviously Yami is giving Max a chance, but I can sense that his anger is against his will. he thought. Maybe he might actually prove me wrong.... but I'll soon see.
"Ah, Abyss, this one will do." said Maxwell.
"Just remember that the extra song works differently here." Yami warned. "You start with a full guage that can't recover, so make sure you stay alive."
I am precittiating a fallen book with ripped pages. Jam thought as he watched from a distance.
"All right, let's get this show on the road." said Maxwell.
 
Abyss started out nicely for Maxwell, a few greats and a good, but he was doing fine. "Huh, this isn't so bad. I can handle it, just you watch, Yami." said a confident Maxwell.
Yami simply shook his head. "That is a short-sung song." he said.
"I wanna see how he does when the song really kicks in." said Dandy Lion.
 
Soon, Dandy got her wish as the pace had picked up. And after what seemed like a great ride for Maxwell, his guage was starting to lower. "Whoa!" yelled Maxwell as Abyss pumped it up. The book lover made is a quarter of the way through the song and his guage drained. Yami and Dandy Lion walked away. "Even I could do that song." she said.
"Loser, you'll never beat me that way." said Yami. "What a joke, you're worse than my sister said you were."
Maxwell stood there with his head held down, "Why am I kidding myself, I can't do this." he said.
That's when he heard clapping. Maxwell looked up to see Jam approaching him. "Comgrats Max, congrats." he said as he clapped.
"Well I'm glad you liked it." said Maxwell.
Jam smacked Maxwell upside the back of his head. "Congrats Max, you just lost whatever edge you thought you had over Yami. Foolish move on your part, but hey.... it's your choice."
"What kind of friend insults his pals?"
"I'm not dissing you Max, I'm giving you tough love."
"You didn't do that with everyone else..."
"That's because everyone else doesn't require me to use that on them."
"Okay Jam, answer this; What type of floormaster are you anyway for losing to Hamtaro?"
"Rephrase that."
"I don't believe that you had sprained yourself when you went up against Panda, Boss and Hamtaro for Bijou, so tell me what really happened."
"You're smarter than you seem to know, Max. Too bad you can't convert that skill to the floor... If you did, you just might actually stand a chance. True, I didn't really sprain myself during that, but you forgot that the whole purpose of me doing that was because I helped you and Stan teach the other hams. A teacher teaches his or her pupils AND LEARNS FROM THEM, not beats them. If I'd have played on, I'd have had Bijou for myself, but I chose to see what Hamtaro and Boss learned. Don't get it wrong, I'm not saying that I dislike Bijou... no, not that sweet petite, but if I hadn't done that and won that battle for Bijou, the whole purpose of me teaching you guys about that would've been wasted.
 
"An author gave a very powerful quote of wisdom, Max: 'Those who don't wish to learn, will never learn.' I taught you all how to run the floor, but I can only teach you so much. The rest of the lesson must be learned from experience.... which you have very little of, not to mention your odds of actually winning against Yami. But hey, it's your choice to learn this lesson the hard way..."
"So when's the tournament?"
"Soon, and you don't have much time to prepare for it."
"Are you in it?"
"What do you think..."
".................."
"See ya Max, and try to pull off a miracle, huh? I'd hate to see you lose your girl without even trying to fight for her."
 
Jam left the arcade and Maxwell with some powerful words.
*
 
That evening, Maxwell had more nightmares of Sandy and Yami. He woke up one time in a cold sweat. "This one was even more disturbing from all the other ones I've had." he said to himself. "Okay, enough is enough, I've had it with these atrocious visions. It ends now."
 
Maxwell left his cage, with a note in his place and headed to the clubhouse. I have to put an end to this.... now! and off to the clubhouse he went.
 
 
That's all for this chap peeps. I'll end this on a bad note, even though it still pisses me off: on May 16, 2004, a good friend of mine--no, one I could call a brother, lost his life on his way home in the evening.... he was hit by a truck and instantly killed. He goes by TJ Dickens, and he has stories on fanfiction.net that he posted up to read. So to all my peeps, hold your glasses up and toast to his passing, since his life was taken so unfairly. Kool Runnings man, Kool Runnings ;_;