Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ tournament ups and downs ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Before I go on and start this next chapter, I wanna answer a question one of the peeps gave to me; "Which Dance Dance Revolution games do you find all these songs on, I know that's what game you're using in this story?" Well this girl is right... and wrong. True, DDR is one of the series of games I'm using for this story (and the previous one), but there are two other games I'm using as well: Pump it Up and Masters of the Dance Floor. I'm taking the songs from each of those games.
 
Also, the floor itself is from each of those three games, DDR's floor has four points to it (up, down, right and left), while PIU has five points to it (upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right and center) and MF has all nine points to run the floor on. I'm also taking the songs from these games and having the hams jam to them, so it's more than just DDR. Finally, I also wanna thank Haily Comet for letting me use her Comet Crew, but I don't think she knew that I would have them as such important players. Her ham, as herself, will come in later.
 
Now for the story itself. No more plot building, it's tourney time and on certain rounds, I'll have you peeps vote for that thar winner(s). Finally, I'm bringing in another OC of mine and two belonging to Mitsukai and Chaos. Well peeps, wish your hams luck.
 
Today was the day, the day that the gang had prepered for after a long time. Today, it's time for the hams to put up, or shut up on the floor. Yes, once again, it's time for the Tournament of Dancers. A lot of hams showed up to this event, some to watch and the rest to participate, but the hams came in style. Everyone had their gifts on or with them. Boss even sproted the new helmet that came with the digging stuff Jam gave to him. "Well everyone, today is the day that we as hams show to everyone how good we are." said Stan. "I hope you're all ready to give it all you got hams, because I'm not going to let anything get by without a battle."
"Don't worry, you'll definitely get one." said Dexter.
"Hey you guys, over here!"
"Look you guys, it's Jam and Tango." Hamtaro pointed out.
"Yeah, but who's the other girl?" asked Pashmina.
 
Three Ra's Hamster approached the gang. "Hey hey you hams, the moment of truth is almost upon us." said Jam.
"You bet." said Sandy. "And this is gonna be totally cool."
"Show you rye, Sandra."
"So Jam, who is this?" asked Pashmina.
The third ham introduced herself. "How are you all, Tango and Jam have told me so much about you. My name is Roll, and I wish you all good luck."
"Same to you, Roll." said Bijou.
"Hey Jam, are you and Rool gonna be in the doubles tourney?" asked Cappy.
"Yup," Jam answered, "and we plan on going far too."
"Good, because we plan to stop you."
 
The hams turned to see the six Comet Crew member in full force. "If you textbook dancers think you'll be able to make it to the finals, get real." said Noah.
"If you think you fakers scare us, get real." said Hamtaro.
"Well, now, looks like a lot of you are all paired up, I wonder why?"
"There's strength in numbers." answered Dexter.
"So what about you, Pandy-poo?" asked Ice.
"I'm tagged up with Sandy for the doubles competition." Panda answered.
"Oh phooey, there goes my hopes of daincing with you."
"You're in the singles, aren't you Howdy?" asked Dandy Lion.
"Yup." Howdy answered. "So are Boss, Hamina and Maxwell."
"I can't believe you showed up." said Yami.
"And back out of the challenge I ISSUED?" questioned Maxwell. "What do you take me for?"
"A ham that's about to get beat."
"Why you-"
Stan held Maxwell from Yami. "Hey chief, save it for the floor." e told Maxwell.
"Luckily for you, only Blossom and Trav are in the doubles." said Noah. "But I do believe they'll trample all of you, two by two."
"Don't get cocky, partner." warned Pepper. "Walk yer own road and we'll do the same."
"If you are all done, we have to listen to the rules." said Jam.
 
The announcer came to the podium. "Hello ladies and gentlehams, participants and spectators." he began. "This is our fiftieth tournament in doing this, so we would like to welcome all of you to it's new name; The Floormasters Ball." many cheers are given, then the announcer continues after they die down. "As you know, this tournament tests your skill as a floor dancing ham. Anyway, the rules are the same as every year, so listen up. The objective is to best your opponent in battle-style dancing. Each match consiste of five rounds and the winner is the one who achieves three victory stars, or drains his or her opponent's guage. You will be on the nine step floors this tournament and all the freeze arrows and long songs have been disabled." a few boos and hisses come from participants. "Yeah, yeah, I hear ya. Anyway, the doubles competetion works in the same way as the singles, when one team has both of its member drained of their guages, that team loses. If one team member's guage drains out, he or she stopps off the floor.
 
"The partner continues on the rest of the song, and should that partner make it through the round, the eliminated partner can rejion the surviving partner in the next stage. When opponents great, they shake BEFORE AND AFTER the match. Any unsportsmanlike conduct will result in disqualification in contestants AND teams, so doubles people, keep your teammates in check. In the Doubles competition, one rep from each team is on one machine while their partners face off each other on another machine. The first song is always chosen at random and the loser/losing team choses the next song. If there is a tie, we go to the scores to determine who chooses the next song. Now, as you can see, we a panel of three judges here, give them a hand." participants applaud. "Their role is in sync with a request from last year. To those new, these judges wil look at your performance on the floor and add up style points to your average score, so how you move on the floor will also improve your score(s).
 
"Finally, we have added the save feature into the game. This works when you're about to be drained of your guage. A proper save will give you a twenty-five percent guage increase. And like always, to ensure fairness, all of the participants have been entered into our computer and matches are made at one hundred percent random. Singles comp to the left and doubles comp to the right. Before I let you all go, I would like to introduce to all of you what you're here for." Two assistants pull out trophies and ribbons. "We have trophies and ribbons for third to first place. The winners will recieve their winner's ribbons and trophy, but will also go up againts.... the undisputed world floormasters. So without further ado, I will introduce first to you, the 10 time undisputed Tag Team Floormasters from Japan, Rage and Emi."
 
Lots of applause is give the the world's best team. Rage is a brown hamster sporting an orange and Emi is a powder blue hamster with a white hat on her head. [Sound familiar, peeps?] Rage and Emi took a bow, then joined the panel of judges. "Next, we have the new undisputed Floormaster from the United States, give it up for Kit-n-Kat." Applause was given to the new singles champ.
"So Baby-lon finally got beat I see?" Jam questioned himself. "This Kit-n-Kat must be good."
"Is that a boy or a girl?" asked Hamtaro.
 
Kit-n-Kat was covered in a pastel green blanket, but under it was a young tan colored ham. Kit-n-Kat crossed eyes with Penelope and winked at her, then sat next to Emi. And with that, I bid all of our contestants, good luck."
 
*
The matches between everyone were under way and the competition was fierce. Many matches were over quickly, some, didn't even lats half a round. But the hams had their matches and they all moved on in the solo and tag competitions.... but the Comet Crew also moved on and they also monitored they competition. The gang was all sitting down for a break. "It's good to see all of you guys still around." said Jam. "It just goes to show you that your training has paid off."
"Yeah, we rock." said Sparkle.
"Of course we rock, we're the shit." said Stan.
"No," Jam corrected, "they are judging the competition."
"Oh yeah, you're right."
"Where are Hamtaro and Bijou?" asked Hamina.
"I think they have a match to go through." Pashmina answered.
 
It was true, their second match had just started, and they were up against another pair. "Hamtaro, you and Will take one floor and the ladies will take the other." said the ref.
"Cool, we'll take the-"
Hamtaro was stopped by Will. "We'll let the ladies choose the floors first." he said. Like Bijou, Will was an all white ham.
"Thatnks baby." said Will's partner, Kurica. She was a cyan and white ham with two braided tails. "This one, Bijou."
"I'll take ze left." said Bijou.
"You ladies okay?" asked Hamtaro.
"Yup." Bijou and Kurica answer.
Will took the right, next to Bijou. "Let's go Hamtaro, time to show me what you got." said Will.
"You're on." said Hamtaro, shaking Will's paw before stepping up to the floor. The girls greeted each other as well, then the match began.
 
"Good luck you two." said Will.
"Same to vous, Will." said Bijou.
"I love that accent." said Kurica.
"This should be fun." said Hamtaro.
 
All four dancers hit the same thing. Speed x2, heavy mode, but Kurica put hers on solo and the rest was good. "What's with ze solo?" asked Bijou.
"It keeps the steps the same beat." answered Kurica.
"I'll remember zhat."
 
The first song turned out to be Waka Laka. As the song started out, Bijou already had trouble getting used to it. "Sacré bleu, too many Boos."
"Man, I don't like this song." said Will.
"Nice to see we're on the same boat." said Hamtaro.
"I'm sure glad I put this song on solo." said a happy Kurica.
Bijou, get into beat. Bijou ordered herself mentally. I hope Hamtaroo's doing better zhan me.
Fanally, I got the step beat down pat. thought Hamtaro. He saw Bijou struggling from the corner of his eye. If I could get to Bijou, I could tell her, but I don't want to get us DQed, so I better clear this song.
 
Halfway through the song, Bijou's guage drained and she stepped off her floor disappointed. "hmf, look like your girlham couldn't pull through this one." said Will. "You'll soon join her, don't worry."
"I'm not listening to you." said Hamtaro, trying to stay focused.
 
It worked. Hamtaro barely made it through the first song with a 'C' rank. Kurica took an 'A' with Will's 'B' rank, giving them the first song. Bijou stepped onto the floor and picked the next song. "Okay Bijou, what's next?" asked Hamtaro.
"We'll try our favorite song." Bijou answered.
"You better try and survive this time." said Kurica.
"Don't worry, I will." Bijou and Hamtaro picked their team song, Swing my Baby! and toned the speed to 1.5. Kurica had it on normal now, but kept her speed, as did Will, but he reversed the scroll.
"I love this song." said Will.
"Are you sure you can do it like that?" asked Hamtaro.
"Just watch me." answered. Will.
"Tch, your loss."
 
As the song began, Hamtaro and Bijou began to snap their fingers in unison, confusing Will and Kurica and catching the attention of the judges. Will and Kurica mocked out duet and the song began. Things were going great for Hamrato and Bijou as they haven't stepped a great at all, it was like they were in sync with the machine. "Hey you guys, Hamtaro and Bijou are on the big screen." said Cappy.
The hams turned their attention there. "Isn't that their song?" asked Jam.
"It sure sounds like it." answered Stan.
"Here comes the bridge." said Pashmina.
Hamtaro and Bijou sung the bridge as they ran the floor. "Oh, Swing, swing, swing my ba-by, we all get down down to my style..." the rest was slang, as the hams watched them on the tv.
Jam laughed with his tongue sticking out. "Holy... whoa, the judges must be eating this up." he said.
"They actually did the worm for that tricky part." said Sparkle.
"When did they start doing that?" asked Pashmina.
"Man, look at them slide." said Dexter. "They aren't even looking at the screens."
"The judges are on their feet." said Stan.
 
Over where they were, the crowd was going wild. "Rage, even we couldn't do that, they really turned this around." said Emi.
"That they did." agreed Rage.
Even the singles were seeing this. "....I'm speechless." said Boss.
"Damn!" yelled Maxwell.
"Ditto." said Howdy.
Even the single Comets were glued. ".....And that was in the book, dear brother." said Yami.
"Yes," said Noah. "For textbook floor running, 'The One' trains his students well."
"They just won their round." said Dandy Lion.
 
As the song came to an end, Hamtaro and Bijou had the 'V' on their sides of the screens. The round was over, after seeming like a tough start, incredible style pulled them through. "Better luck next time, mon ami." Bijou said as she hugged Kurica.
"Wow, with talent like that, you'll go far in this tourney." said Will as he shook Hamtaro's paw.
"Thanks, and better luck next time." said Hamtaro.
"Good luck to you, Bijou." said Kurica.
Meanwhile in the break area. "What does the 'V' mean, Jam?" asked Sandy.
"It's an instan win." answered Jam. "I though they disabled that, but apparently it's in. Only those of pure skill and proper floor running get 'V's in versus play, that was great."
Hamtaro and Bijou joined the rest of the gang, which after a few moments, everyone was here. "Hamtaro, Bijou, those were some serious skills." said Stan.
"Thank-q." said the new victors.
"I wanna know where the hell that came from." said Jam.
"Not me," said Pashmina, "what I wanna see it the expressions on Blossom's and Trav's faces after a performance like that."
Those two Comets still haven't pick up their jaws from seeing Hamtaro and Bijou on the big screen. "Hey, sis, we're in trouble." said Trav.
"Uh huh." said Blossom.
*
 
After that, the drawings of the second round were about to start. Jam was enjoying his drink when he saw two specific matches pop up, he did a spit take. Oh boy, here we go. he thought. I knew this would happen, but I didn't think it would happen this early...
Cappy and Penelope were looking at the screens. "Well, it was bound to happen sometime." said Cappy.
"Okyoooo." said Penelope sadly.
"Hey, don't let this stir you, stuff like this happens."
"Okwee."
Just, why did it happen now.....
 
Jam rejoined the hams after seeing the news of the second round. "Man, that's too bad." said Pashmina.
"This is gonna start to get ugly now." said Dexter.
 
The singles also had some shocks to them. Howdy and Maxwell found out that they will face each other in the next round. "Well you two sure are quiet." said Yami. "But why is the question? Is it because that you have to face each other, or is because the winner will be facing me? Of course, my opponent will be no match, but who is going to face me is the real million seed question. Will it be the neat freak with the bad comedy, or the issuer of the challenge? So much for honor among friends, later gentlemen." and Yami walked off.
Even Boss and Hamina were in shock. "So, Boss, who are you rooting for?" asked Hamina.
"I really can't say." Boss answered. "We have Howdy and Maxwell going head to head in the singles, and the doubles are also bad. Sandy and Panda will face Cappy and Penelope and Oxnard and Pepper will face Hamtaro and Bijou. It's messed up I tell you, but this is sadly, where we start being divided."
 
"All I can say is this to you hams," Jam began. "Whoever winse these next matches are the ones who want it more."
 
====================================================
 
There you have it peeps, it's time for you to vote on who stays in each match. so here's the rundown:
 
In the singles;
 
Howdy v Maxwell
 
In the doubles;
 
Sandy/Panda v Cappy/Penelope
 
Oxnard/Pepper v Hamtaro/Bijou
 
Cast your votes in your reviews peeps, remember that it's your choice on who stays and goes. Vote wisely and I'll write accorgingly. O_O