Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ the battles of friendship ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, here's the next chap folks. Hopefully, you guys aren't to POed at me.
 
Howdy and Maxwell sat across from each other at their table. For the first time since they started their singles competition journey, the two hams that were so pepped up on this were quiet like churchmice on Easter Sunday. Boss simply watched the two, Man, I can't believe one of them has to take the other out. he thought and fixed his helmet. The doubles are probably just like this. Well, I might as well help these two out. "Okay you two, listen up. Even though you guys are bummed on this match you have together, you shouldn't be mad over it... it won't solve anything anyway. What you two had better do is take and keep your kiddy gloves off and give it all you got.
 
"Even though one of you is going to move on, you two aren't alone, because some of the other hams are in your same spot. Just remember, no matter who wins, you're still friends and the winning friend only wants it more."
"Hey you guys, Yami's starting his match now." said Hamina as she walked over to the guys. "I think you might want to watch this one."
 
Meanwhile, the doubles competitors weren't taking it too well. "Man, I can feel the tension between you hams." said Stan.
"You aren't the only one," said Sparkle. "I bet this has to suck knowing that you have to face each other this early."
"Sparkle, can it." said Sandy. "I totally don't need to be egged on right now."
"Listen to yourselves, when did I teach you guys this?" Jam was displeased. "You hams never felt this miserable going against each other at the clubhouse."
"The clubhouse never had such high stakes as these." said Cappy.
"Okyoo." added Penelope.
"Fodder, simply fodder."
"Look Jam-"
"No you look, all of you, why does the fact that you're in a tournament have to change the picture of things going on here? It doesn't matter if you're in a tourney or not. You hams forgot that I told you all to have fun.... so what if two friends have to face two friends, games should never break friendships. And if the outcome of your next matches puts your friendships in jepordy, please say so."
"Well, that's what we were thinking." said Cappy.
The other hams agreed. "C'mere, Capster."
"What's wrong?"
SMACK! "Terrible. Now, stop thinking like that anr rembmer that this game doesn't end friendships. Now you guys have fun... Roll, let's go."
 
Meanwhile, Maxwell and Howdy were watching Yami's battle. "Look at how this match is going..." said Howdy.
"It won't take long." said Maxwell.
"Cody, you're a joke. What kind of match is this?" asked Yami.
"Go brother, finish him!" yelled Dandy Lion.
"Interested in this match that much, eh?" asked Maxwell.
"Oh, I didn't see you two here. Hey baby, how are you?"
"Just getting ready for our match." answered Howdy.
"Then I'll have to wish you good luck then."
 
Dandy Lion gave Howdy a nice bunch of sugar. Meanwhile, Oxnard and Pepper took the stage next to Hamtaro and Bijou. "Well, we can't hold zhees off any longer, time to run ze floor." said Bijou.
"Good luck to you guys, sugar." said Pepper.
"Yeah, you're gonna need it." said Hamtaro slyly.
"Don't worry about us, just fend for yourselves." said Oxnard.
 
The first song was chosen at random and everyone chose the same options, speed times two, heavy mode and the round began. As soon as the screen showed its face, Pepper's eyes lit up. "Well now, looks like my song's up first." she said.
"Oh man, not Cow Girl." whined the other three.
As the music started, Pepper sang along. "I'm a cow girl, and I'm riding on my horse..."
Pepper continued to sing along. "Man, I hate this song." Oxnard whined.
"Yeah, too much galloping." agreed Hamtaro.
Lucky break for ze farm ham. thought Bijou.
"What a lucky break for your girlham, Oxy." said Hamtaro.
 
Meanwhile, Yami was enjoying a shake. "Well gentlemen, I've lived up to my end of the bargain, now you just have to make it to me." he said.
"Aren't you cocky?" asked Howdy.
"No, he ain't cocky..." said Maxwell. "he's just full of bullsh-"
"Anyway," Dandy Lion changed the subject, then pecked Howdy on his cheek. "I hope you win against him, I'm rooting for you."
"Um... thanks." said Howdy.
"I don't care who I face out of you two," said Yami. "I'll be beating the winner anyway.
Oh yeah, he's full of it all right. thought Maxwell.
"Well Maxy, let's get going." said Howdy.
 
Our other tag team steps up to the floor getting ready to start, but Sandy and Panda have yet to step up yet. "Panda, you take Penelope on and I'll take on Cappy." Sandy whispered to her partner.
"Why do I have to face her for?" Panda whispered back.
"Because you and her are the same skill level. Don't be scared Panda, you can totally take her."
".....If you say so." and Panda stood next to Penelope.
 
Meanwhile, the first four friends finished their first song. Only Pepper managed an "A" while everyone else got a "C" rank. "We got this one, Oxy, now it's Hamtaro's pick." said Pepper.
"You don't mind, do you Bijou?" asked Hamtaro.
"Of course not," Bijou answered, "zhis win eez in ze bag. ~_^ "
Not a bad Idea....
 
Hamtaro chose the song, Bag for the second round and switched his to solo while Oxnard and Pepper made no change. Bijou however.... "Here we go."
"You're gonna do Bag on chaos?!" Pepper yelled.
"Who's gonna do Bag on chaos?"
And the people began to crowd around. "Zhat's right, I'm going to do Bag on chaos." answered Bijou, then started the second round.
Bijou must really be gutsy doing this song on chaos.... thought Hamtaro. No one at the clubhouse, with the possible acception of Jam, can do Bag on chaos.
"Hey Rage, that Bijou's gonna do Bag on heavy chaos." said Emi.
"Now this I gotta see." said Rage. "No serious floor dancer can run heavy chaos on Bag."
"This will prove interesting." said Kit-n-Kat.
 
As the song began, Bijou was on a roll, everything was perfect so far. Meanwhile, Howdy and Maxwell finally stood next to each other. "Well, Howdy..... don't hold back." said Maxwell.
"Same to you." said Howdy.
"Go Howdy, whoooooooooo!" Dandy Lion cheered.
 
Meanwhile, Penelope was alone on her side of the floor as was Sandy. They were on the song, Love is a Danger Zone and were duking it out head to head. It was currently looking bad for Sandy. Grrrrrrrrrr, if this were just the five step floor, I'd be fine. thought the athletic girl ham. This nine step floor isn't giving me any justice.
She won't hold out much longer. thought Penelope, who was also in bad shape.
"This can go either way." said Panda.
"Uh huh." said Cappy."
 
Though both girls made it through the song, Sandy failed the song and Penelope slid by with a "D" rank. "Well, I guess we lost." said Panda.
"On the first song too." added Cappy.
"I'm not mad."
"Me neither, it was fun while it lasted."
I can't believe I had that song on this floor... thought a downed Sandy.
"Okyoo." said Penelope.
"You're right Penny, the better girl won that one."
"I'm just glad you aren't mad." said Panda.
"Why, it's just a game...."
 
The four hams had a group hug, then Sandy and Panda held up the winners' arms as a show of respect. Jam soon ran by them. "Man, are you guys watching Bijou?" he asked. "She's running through Bag on heavy chaos like a spoon through Jello."
"What's Jello?" asked Cappy.
"C'mon, let's go."
 
Blossom and Trav were watching Bijou go through Bag also. "Hey sis, we're really in trouble." said Trav.
"Yes, most definitely." said Blossom.
I can't believe Bijou hasn't missed yet... thought an astounded Pepper.
Almost done.... I can smell the victory here. thought Bijou.
"She's about to do it, Rage." said Emi.
"I know, I know." said Rage.
 
Jam and the hams showed up. "Jam is this that amazing to do?" asked Pashmina.
"Of course, since it hasn't been done before." answered Jam.
"You're kidding." said Cappy and Pashmina.
"No joke."
"Zat's all folks." said a happy Bijou.
 
The round was over. As Bijou picked the "V" up on her side of the screen, she was literally showered in applause. "Even though I just saw it, I still don't believe it." said Kit-n-Kat.
"History has just been made." said Rage.
"Hey Dexter, with an act like that, Bijou and Hamtaro are gonna be tough to beat." said Pashmina.
"Hamtaro got an "S" also." noted Dexter.
Stan and Sparkle watched the feat on a big screen and Sparkle took a picture of it. "Sparkle, Bijou can move...." said Stan.
"Yeah..." Sparkle agreed.
Frenchie got skills.... thought Roll.
"Well, at least I gave it all I got, I have no regrets." said Pepper.
"Better luck next time." said Bijou.
"You can count on that." and the girls kiss.
"Good show, huh Oxnard?" asked Hamtaro.
"Nope, not a good show." answered Oxnard, sliencing the cheers. "Calling that performance 'A good show' is a joke. That everyone is what I like to call, 'Untouchable.' Enough said...." Oxnard goes and gives Bijou a hug, then shakes paws with Hamtaro.
 
"Well, that song was a weird one, huh?" asked Maxwell.
"Yup." answered Howdy. "I never thought a samurai wearin headphones could sing like that."
"Well, since we both took a 'B' that time, why don't you pick the next song?"
"Sure, let's hit the familiar favorite, so we can be on equal grounds."
"Spin it."
 
Howdy chose Beethoven Virus for the next song. As the song started up, the match stayed exactly how it was expected.... even. "So bro, you enjoying this match?" asked Dandy Lion.
"Yes." Yami answered. I'll say this for you, you've gotten much better than when I last saw you, bookworm. Perhaps you may have a chance at beating me after all.... Yes, a chance, but you won't be winning.
"Seems that this textbook dancing actually has some skill to it." said Noah.
"What do you mean by that?" asked Yami.
"I just came from the 'john' to see Bijou pick up a 'V' on Bag."
"So what?" asked Dandy Lion.
"She had it on heavy chaos."
"That's a lie!" Dandy Lion and Yami shout.
"No lies, I took a picture of it too." Yami shows the picture of Bijou giving a curtsy to her song.
"Perhaps we've underestimated them." said Yami.
"Perhaps.... but perhaps 'The One' and his schoolbook lessons aren't to be taken lightly."
"Well, those two are done." said Dandy Lion. "They got "B" ranks again."
"It's your pick, Maxy, take us home." said Howdy.
"Sure, since you like Beethoven so much..." said Maxwell.
 
Maxwell chose the final song for them, Speed over Beethoven. As the song began, the two shook paws. "Bring it on, one last time." said Maxwell.
"You got it." said Howdy.
 
Then the notes began. Meanwhile, the gang was giving Bijou props for her history making performance. "Bijou, you are.... you are..... ah hell, you rock, Bijou." said Pashmina.
"Merci, Pashmina." said a happy Bijou.
"That was a bunch of luck."
The hams turn to see Blossom and Trav. "You were just lucky to pull that off, and you know it." said Blossom.
"SO, you're just mad because you didn't do eet before moi." said Bijou.
"You pomous little priss, don't get cocky because of the sheer dumb luck you've been having."
"Someone eez jealous...."
"I'm not jealous of you, you stank cow."
"Well I smell better zhan you, 'Miss Thang', so watch your tongue."
"Who you calling "Miss Thang' you stuck up little-"
"Okay, okay, let's change the subject matter here before someone gets DQed." Jam broke up the cat fight. "Besides, you two can save it for when you face each other. Settle the score then."
"Jam's got a point, we'll deal with you too later, let's go Bijou." said Hamtaro and they walked off
 
Howdy and Maxwell finished their song. "Well, it was a nice battle, man." said Maxwell.
"Yup, you definitely earned my respect on this floor." said Howdy.
"Same here."
 
When the results came up, Howdy had a thrid "B" to Maxwell's "A", giving Maxwell the victory over Howdy. Maxwell then turned to Yami. "You're next, bub." he said.
"Well, I thought you weren't going to make it at first, but I see I was wrong about your talents." said Yami. "But now we're going to see who ends up without a girlfriend."
"Yeah, you."
 
=======================================================
 
You know, votes actually came in after the polls were closed, too bad they didn't count. I guess it's the site's fault for not updating the story. Oh well, these battles are over and another will soon take place, so review peeps.